• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

ugh @ servers going down from 6pm CST to 11pm cst.

WBi2c.jpg

FStop7

Banned
You can go back through BT and if you make different choices, parts of the mission will play out differently.

But they played out so well for me. Kill. Punish. Kill. Kill. Kill. :)

He had a few lines in the Return cutscene, and isn't he the narrator for the Deceived cutscene?

I didn't even think of the Deceived narrator as being the specific man on the screen but more of a generic sith dude talking while the action played out. But you're right, it's the same VO actor as Malgus so it must be him.

TimeKillr

So how do you get rid of crew skills?

I picked Synthweaving + Archeology + Underworld Trading, but apparently Slicing is so godly that I should drop at least one and pick Slicing.

My pick would probably be Archeology to drop since I can easily buy mats off the AH. I could drop Underworld Trading so I can make good mods too...

FStop7

Banned
It's difficult timing for the maintenance, now that I think about it. They must have decided not to do it over the weekend because of all the early access people. And they can't do it tonight because it's launch.

Would have been nice if they could have squeezed it in late last night. 5 hours is a long time. And they must be really under the gun to get it going on time since 11PM CST = 12AM EST, aka launch time.

About it being not nice to make them work nights and weekends - they hire people to work those hours. That stuff is monitored and manned 24/7 anyway, and tonight I bet they'll be doubled up with server admins and DBAs and everything else just in case something goes wrong.

nataku

You'd have a ton of people complain about that as well - weekend of early access can be considered primetime to a lot of people, servers were packed after all.

I wouldn't think 2am on a Sunday would be any more busy. A lot of people need to get to sleep for work. I know when I was playing last night I logged in right away around 1am, no waiting in a queue at all. I had a difficult time finding people willing to do a couple heroic quests, too.

Either way, I don't care too much about it. I have other things I can do while they work on whatever it is they're going to do.

erragal

Yes it does. Makes you feel powerful without being easy mode.

I've been really impressed with the way they've used animations/sound effects to give a sense of weight to the combat. Particularly the type of ability you finish an enemy with has enough of an effect on the way they die to really give you a connection to what you're doing; that disconnect is usually the least fun thing about hotkey-based MMO's.

It's definitely gotten me addicted to stealing finishing blows from my friends as a healer with a ridiculously hard hitting backstab then watching the enemy collapse with my vibroknife stuck in them. Too much fun (Honorable mention goes to Force Scream sound effect/impact effect).

It's definitely gotten me addicted to stealing finishing blows from my friends as a healer with a ridiculously hard hitting backstab then watching the enemy collapse with my vibroknife stuck in them. Too much fun (Honorable mention goes to Force Scream sound effect/impact effect).

Haha, I do the same thing with my Smuggler. Shotgun back-blast is soooo satisfying.

I've been really impressed with the way they've used animations/sound effects to give a sense of weight to the combat. Particularly the type of ability you finish an enemy with has enough of an effect on the way they die to really give you a connection to what you're doing; that disconnect is usually the least fun thing about hotkey-based MMO's.

Also awesome when you get into a big saber fight with a tough enemy and the combat animations synch up with clashing saber moves, it can look pretty epic

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Made an alt while my leveling buddies are out of town. After playing a light side BH, going full dark side on a Sith Warrior just seems...evil. Literally just about every choice is "Hey, fuck you".

Also, is it just me or is it very easy to get stuck in a lot of the geometry? I'm the kind of person who likes to try and sneak around and find shortcuts, but when I have to use /stuck while my guy is stuck in the falling animation, it's starting to get kind of annoying.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Made an alt while my leveling buddies are out of town. After playing a light side BH, going full dark side on a Sith Warrior just seems...evil. Literally just about every choice is "Hey, fuck you".

You should check out Imperial Agent. It makes being an asshole even more striking since you're not necessarily being driven by the whole dark side of the force thing.

erragal

Also awesome when you get into a big saber fight with a tough enemy and the combat animations synch up with clashing saber moves, it can look pretty epic

Absolutely. The transitions when switching between targets also seem really fluid and they'll even throw the blaster deflect animation in there at times. The details really matter.

I'm only 16 and I believe my story mission cutscene body count is nine. Not the most subtle story but it is absurd and fun. Female Sith Warrior is the best voice actor Empire side imho(Not the only good one, just the most consistently great).

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Best moneymaking professions?

I kept hearing in General Chat that Treasure hunting makes you money, so i got that with artifice and arch. Most of the stuff I have made in artifice sell well and with treasure hunting sometimes you get chests with gear you can put on AH.

erragal

Does slicing scale well at later levels for making money? Seem to make ok early levels of cash

I honestly think you can make more of a profit from the rare material missions, but it's certainly helped make the early game much easier. Also if you're on Death Wind Corridor and selling scavenging materials I've probably made you quite the profit.

Holy wow at the latency today. I just got booted off the server with an error code 9000 due to the lag.

It's definitely not my internet. Just ran a test and came back with 37 Mbps down and 6 up.

erragal

I hit a critical mission success at around 300/400.

10k credits for a 40 minute mission.

I've had 3k for a 12 minute mission critical; doesn't seem like the credits per hour increases that much as the costs for the mission rise proportionately. It's also more profitable to do grey missions as they critical more, cost less, and don't outright fail.

weeskwee

Banned
i played way too much already this weekend. 25+ hours? lol
had very limited beta play.

got my sith inquisitor (assassin) to 16.5. got his ship at 15.
got my imperial agent (sniper) to 16.7. got his ship at 15.
got my smuggler (soon to be scoundrel) to 4.
got my jedi consular (soon to be sage) to 4.

game is awesome. have fun new people.

Top Bottom