• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

KePoW

Banned
Meh. I reinstalled the current nvidia drivers, and my 570 + 2500k stock are still underperforming. I am averaging 20 fps in the imperial fleet right now, on LOW with no AA.

Disappointing.

Sounds like something's wrong with your system. Cause that's not what everyone else is experiencing.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
Just bought the game. I also bought an authenticator because you can't use the one from WOW. Hope the download finishes by tomorrow.

mik83kuu

Banned
Your telling me the one they are sending me is going to be any different from the one I already have? It just spits out a number. It's probably even made by the same company.

Look. WoW is a Blizzard game and SWTOR is not. Do tou honestly think Blizzard would share the algorithm they use to generate the codes? Every code generated on a Blizzard authenticator has to be a real working code so it would be a huge security breach if Blizzard was selling those codes away to competitors.

And the fact that it could very well be made by the same company has nothing to do with it.

Dina

Still in the queue, it's been a good 30 minutes now. The fucking screen says 10 minutes, but no way is that true. Went from place 120 to 35 in that time.

Man, I'm so glad I went Scoundrel. Such a big bag of tricks. Just did the Esseles Flashpoint at 10 and gained 2 levels, a sweet new scattergun, and an even more awesome Scoundrel's Jacket from a boss drop.

Aeana

Am I crazy or did I just get my second companion without even being told about it? Suddenly C2-N2 showed up in my list, but I don't remember any scenes about it!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Am I crazy or did I just get my second companion without even being told about it? Suddenly C2-N2 showed up in my list, but I don't remember any scenes about it!
Did you go on to your ship yet? There should be one when you board for the first time.

Moaradin

Yea that's your ship droid. He will greet you and introduce you to your ship as soon as you visit it.

mxgt

Banned
Empire are beyond terrible at PvP on my server

Get a lot of valor/commendations/xp/credits for playing well while losing, but I'd like to do the daily as well!

Brings back memories of pvping as alliance in WoW. fucking kill whores

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Empire are beyond terrible at PvP on my server

Get a lot of valor/commendations/xp/credits for playing well while losing, but I'd like to do the daily as well!

Brings back memories of pvping as alliance in WoW. fucking kill whores

The worst part is yelling "PASS THE BALL" in Ops chat doesn't seem to do anything either.

Lord Phol

Sith Juggernaut and Sith Assassin are probably the least played I've seen on the Imperial side. Maybe Operative as well.

I'm not sure why so many people go Maurauder over Juggernaut...after my experience with WoW, I'll always take a hybrid over a pure class.

Funny, from my experience on ToFN I've seen plenty of assassins and Juggernaut and not that many Marauders.

Giolon

I REALLY wish the zabrak options were uniform across factions. Why do I have to be red, or that one silly shade of yellow. Boo.

They put the same stupid restrictions on Twi'leks. The thing is - these only went in on like the 2nd to last build before the "live" build.

Filth

I really really didn't like hut ball but me and 3 guildes were on Skype and actually playing with a plan and we dominated like 6 games in a row it was so sick. I had a pug guy says in chat that I looked like micheal Vick throwing that ball. So intense!

SLV

RAWR, a hour queue in tomb of freedon nadd, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, and at this time of the day D: , it has only become worse.... i fear for the evening

TheYanger

Just finished act 1 with my trooper, phew, wasn't exactly what I expected! leaves me wondering what's gonna happen next again though. Slicing is going to be nerfed...it has to be. The entire economy is going to consist of 'slicers' and 'people who sell everything to slicers' and that's it. The only way to make money aside from slicing from any other tradeskill, is going to be abusing the fact that slicers have so much damn money.

Cyrillus

Just finished act 1 with my trooper, phew, wasn't exactly what I expected! leaves me wondering what's gonna happen next again though. Slicing is going to be nerfed...it has to be. The entire economy is going to consist of 'slicers' and 'people who sell everything to slicers' and that's it. The only way to make money aside from slicing from any other tradeskill, is going to be abusing the fact that slicers have so much damn money.
All the chatter I hear about slicing is: "All you slicers just wait, all that 'free money' isn't going to matter at end-game. Once everyone has a lvl 50 and alts, crafting professions are going to outpace slicing, and it will be worthless." I mean, I understand where they are coming from, I guess, but I've gotta say, it doesn't suck to be a slicer while leveling.

I managed to pay for my speeder + skill at 25, plus I gave my friend the money for his speeder skill. He was like, "how did you afford your 48k credits, and then 40k credits for my skill?" and I replied with, "I actually have 150k left over after that. :p"

TheYanger

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=56711

Support this thread if you want Bioware to be more transparant about the server issues, and most importantly take responsibility for it.

What exactly do you expect them to do? Server infrastructure isn't something they can just fix with a magic wand. The populations are lopsided to 'original' servers, and it's been so long that it's simply not going to change at this point. They ALREADY fucked up. There's nothing that is going to change it at this point.

Fonds

I don't expect them to do anything... read the post. What I want them to do however, is give some more clarity towards their customers about the issue. I want them to take responsibility.

Thread has already been deleted though. So much for writing a piece thats actually constructive. Guess Bioware doesn't want their failings to be pointed out.

Trouble

Banned
Queues are a necessary evil to avoid population imbalance during these early days.

It would be nice if they had implemented some sort of priority system where people who were part of guild imports got to line jump, but that would probably get a ton of backlash too.

They should have had a free character move system ready to go for launch as well. That would have prevented a certain amount of inevitable kicking and screaming.

gillty

Banned
The way I see it is with the ability to spawn multiple instances of each zone, the priority should have been to have 10-15 mega servers per region.

Woorloog

Banned
send whisper to Soh'jin in game

Useless. If there are queues, i'm not playing on TOFN. If there are no queues... well, i didn't check and i'm still not on TOFN.
I'll check in later today if there are no queues and promote someone to GM, if anyone is online. I'm sorry but i'm not sticking with server where you cannot play most of the time.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Because those are the colors in the movies/TV. It's probably a licensing issue.

There's a brown one on the Jedi Council in the movies.

Orgun

Useless. If there are queues, i'm not playing on TOFN. If there are no queues... well, i didn't check and i'm still not on TOFN.
I'll check in later today if there are no queues and promote someone to GM, if anyone is online. I'm sorry but i'm not sticking with server where you cannot play most of the time.

I checked last night and there was still a crazy queue.

Top Bottom