• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

qKaC3K

So i've got disconnected during my queue on TOFN and when I just tried again it was like 1300 in line.

But just a minute ago it started to go crazy fast and now I'm 140ish, but it slowed down again.

UPDATE:
Not sure what happened but from 140 it jumped to 50 and I'm in the game now. :S

Btw. I'm Darkstar.

meep!

Neo Member
Any word on when they will get new copies on Origin? Kind of strange they are out of stock on a Digital version of the game.

Sykra

So i've got disconnected during my queue on TOFN and when I just tried again it was like 1300 in line.

But just a minute ago it started to go crazy fast and now I'm 140ish, but it slowed down again.

UPDATE:
Not sure what happened but from 140 it jumped to 50 and I'm in the game now. :S

Btw. I'm Darkstar.

They are increasing the server cap probably.

Walshicus

How long should account creation take? I've just tried to create one on the website and I've not got a confirmation email through yet...

EDIT: Never mind - finally got it.

MedIC86

Does a jedi guardian has the same ability's as a sith juggernaut ?

My gf maybe wants to reroll republic but i dont want to lose my cool force charge :p

Zareth

Does a jedi guardian has the same ability's as a sith juggernaut ?

My gf maybe wants to reroll republic but i dont want to lose my cool force charge :p

They are mirrors of each other so you should have all of the same abilities just with different names.

Moaradin

jbapKAdkizAQXy.png

Pretty nice shot right there.

mxgt

Banned
Damn, Balmorra is quite beautiful at times

I really like the graphical style of this game. The only thing that bugs me is tache/beards on male models. They look so stupid
KuGsj.gif

Dina

Damn, Balmorra is quite beautiful at times

I really like the graphical style of this game. The only thing that bugs me is tache/beards on male models. They look so stupid
KuGsj.gif

Especially mustaches. The lines are a bit too clearcut and thus they feels pasted on. Beards are fine to me, even tho they could have done with more shading.

Moaradin

Yea, I thought Balmorra looked pretty good at times as well.

j7CsPxI6QyXhw.png

Only issue I had with it was how long it was. Really enjoying Nar shaddaa though.

Desaan

1 hour+ queues at 11am?

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Not exactly good PR, I know there will be waiting times for some servers but at this point it seems 80% of the servers have a queue time.

Epic fail or just shitty server caps?

Jezbollah

Guys - sorry for the nooby question:

Where abouts are the Commando trainers? I have the heal abilities I want to learn. Thanks.

TheYanger

your trooper trainers have tabs on the bottom, you have to hit the commando tab and learn :) yes, it's another example of shit UI/bad design/lack of information.

Fonds

I find it hilarious that Jeff Dobson says that he hates that his characters from the beta were wiped, since he's grown attached to them.
At the same time Bioware are saying... server full? Just reroll on another and start a new toon.

plugging this thread again, I expect gaffers to write up some more constructive replies than the average swtor.com forum posters. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=56933

Dunlop

Speaking of lack of information. Goto your abilities tab and under general you will find an ability called emergency recall beacon (or something Similar) that is a free telsport to the interstellar space station. The amount of time this saves getting to a flashpoint when you are questing on a planet is huge. Not one person I mentioned this to in game knew it was there

1 hour+ queues at 11am?

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Not exactly good PR, I know there will be waiting times for some servers but at this point it seems 80% of the servers have a queue time.

Every big MMO launch has had long queues on opening day. It was to be expected

Fonds

Speaking of lack of information. Goto your abilities tab and under general you will find an ability called emergency recall beacon (or something Similar) that is a free telsport to the interstellar space station. The amount of time this saves getting to a flashpoint when you are questing on a planet is huge. Not one person I mentioned this to in game knew it was there

There's actually also a button above your minimap once you've killed the last boss in a flashpoint. It's the exit area button to exit the flashpoint.
You get ported right out of the flashpoint to where you entered it. Very handy indeed for FPs like Mandalorian Raiders and Athiss.

There is also an item at the security key vendor that sells an item that does the same thing 1k each, and from what I can tell no cooldown.

Interfectum

1 hour+ queues at 11am?

WHAT THE FUCK?!

It's actually very good PR if you spin it the right way.

Fonds

This.

Plus there's the possibility that Bioware is doing this on purpose so that the rush of new people coming into the game will spread out.

Incorrect imho. If bioware would've wanted the community spread out over all the available servers they should've shut them down to new players when they became heavy.

You could still allow guildmates from pre-formed guilds in, those are mostly the people that were prepared to play together anyway.
Right now they're hording together on full servers, mostly because people want to be on "high end raiding' servers.

sangreal

What I don't understand is with the servers capped out why is everything so barren? Rarely see more than a handful of people even when the zone has one instance.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Why is there a que in the morning? Go to work you bums! (present company excluded)

Incorrect imho. If bioware would've wanted the community spread out over all the available servers they should've shut them down to new players when they became heavy.

You could still allow guildmates from pre-formed guilds in, those are mostly the people that were prepared to play together anyway.
Right now they're hording together on full servers, mostly because people want to be on "high end raiding' servers.

You would get tons of pissed off people who can't play with their friends. Ton of people play with buddies and are not in guilds, plus lot of guild trouble with getting in everyone. You already got people pissed about not getting in early access to play with their guildies and lagging behind, but then to lock out players from joining said server as well? Nah, not going to work. Locking people out is not going to fix anything, those people are still going to play on said server and just be waiting to play with friends and guildies.

Why is there a que in the morning? Go to work you bums! (present company excluded)

Almost 100 players in my GF's guild are taking off from work today just to play at launch.

Seriously, a big part of the queue issue is creating a game that encourages people to remote in from work/wherever to send their companions out on missions. There's every incentive to stay logged in as many waking hours as possible.

erragal

The point is that they aren't actually 'full' servers. They're lying about how full they are to minimize the number of people that end up on specific servers. You can't just completely shut off new players to a server at this point, and really it's never a good idea in terms of refer-a-friend potential.

If someone still creates a new character on a server with a one hour queue than they're taking the chance that those queues could continue or get worse, that's the disincentive. Just because someone created a character first on a server doesn't give them some form of squatter's rights that they should kicked everyone else out; it's authoritarian for no reason to appease people that get irrationally irritated at digital lines.

Seriously, a big part of the queue issue is creating a game that encourages people to remote in from work/wherever to send their companions out on missions. There's every incentive to stay logged in as many waking hours as possible.

What's your data?

Which reminds me, what is the best solution to simply remote in from a shitty computer at work to my home PC? Basically want to craft and do crew skills in a little window while at the office.

Darklord

Banned
I don't get this queue issue, I've had no queues at all. I guess I'm lucky. This is easily the most stable MMO at launch ever. More than WoW(at launch).

Anyway, with Crew Skills is it one per companion? Any tips on what to get first? I'm thinking Slicing, Armstech(I'm a BH), and Underworld Trading. What would be best as the firs?

I don't get this queue issue, I've had no queues at all. I guess I'm lucky. This is easily the most stable MMO at launch ever. More than WoW(at launch).

Anyway, with Crew Skills is it one per companion? Any tips on what to get first? I'm thinking Slicing, Armstech(I'm a BH), and Underworld Trading. What would be best as the firs?

One companion can be sent on one mission at a time, so more crew the more missions you can send them on. For crafting, you can have one crew companion queue up multiple builds in a row.

Zafir

what crafting skills should I take on as a Sith Jug?
I personally went Biochem since as a tank, stims are always helpful to have(Also we already has people in the guild doing the other 2). Synthweave creates heavy force user armour, so thats another option. Also artifice for modifications is another possibility.

In other news, I wasn't expecting a 1200 long queue at this time, even on launch day. People must have taken the day off work or something, jeez.

Fonds

One companion can be sent on one mission at a time, so more crew the more missions you can send them on. For crafting, you can have one crew companion queue up multiple builds in a row.

The actual crafting takes ages though. If I want to craft 5 blue quality gloves I have to wait for 7 minutes and 30 seconds for eacht glove. That's well over half an hour to go up like 10-15 skill points.
It's a bit excessive imho.

Darklord

Banned
What advanced class should I pick? I want DPS. I only like being a damage dealer. No tanking, no healing. I'm a bounty hunter. Is powertech or Merc the best to go for? I thought Merc was the DPS one but someone said it can be a healer or something?

Thanks.

The actual crafting takes ages though. If I want to craft 5 blue quality gloves I have to wait for 7 minutes and 30 seconds for eacht glove. That's well over half an hour to go up like 10-15 skill points.
It's a bit excessive imho.

Thats why you do it when you log off. You have multiple companions, you can only use one at a time. You have others doing crafting while you actually play the game so you don't just sit at a forge or such all day. Like EVE you just assign the tasks to be done while you do other things or while your logged off.

What advanced class should I pick? I want DPS. I only like being a damage dealer. No tanking, no healing. I'm a bounty hunter. Is powertech or Merc the best to go for? I thought Merc was the DPS one but someone said it can be a healer or something?

You can DPS with either really, you will probably want to go to torhead and look at the trees. Pretty much every AC has 3 talent trees to invest in with 2 of them being DPS generally, while one of the trees is for performing a specific role. All AC's really can be made DPS, just some are better than others

Top Bottom