• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My asassin is 30 and just about to finish Alderaan as of the servers going down. Leveling as Madness and really enjoying it. Solid melee damage, nice dots+aoe, and I find that I can really effectively take out tougher elites if I toss on a shield and dark charge and bring out adronikos. I don't really like him, so the same strat should be fun when I get my weirdo jedi girlfriend.

My one complaint is that the talent that gives melee crits a 33% chance to proc a free instant Crushing Darkness doesn't pop up nearly as much as I expected it to. RNG is a fickle bitch.

This game looks awesome with a dash of AA and turning the gamma down some.

Dark side gives you different eye colors and stuff but what about light side?

My bounty hunter literally plays like a sarcastic light side Spike from cowboy bebop.

Filth

You actually earn the title Lord eventually? :D:D That makes me very happy. I also love your characters helmet dude! Does it work with robes that have a hood? that would be very cool indeed.

Yes about the lord name :D

Also the helmet is pretty sick and unfortanetly does not work with hoods. If your chest has a hood it will just look like its off :(. Hopefully they can somehow fix that. Or maybe later helms will have hoods attached :)

Filth

Also guys when you finish your first chapter and get to pick your legacy name keep in mind you have 3 options what people can see.
You can make it look like a last name ex:

Lord Filthy Aids or

Something that looks like another guild under your name that looks like

"The Aids Legacy"

Or you can choose to show nothing :)

You can change it at anytime while playing

I'm running everything maxed out, with 8xAA. I don't think I've gone under 40fps yet. That's with a 580. If you're running a 570 you should be more than fine.

Yeah, if I only had a 570. I got a ati 5450 right now. Why I was saying there is probably no hope in it running it since I read a post earlier when someone was saying their 570 hit low 20fps when they went into heavily populated zones.

Filth

Question: Is the Jedi Shadow locked into dual blade, or can they go single blade or dual wield? I like the stealth concept, but I don't like the light staff.
You can't duel wield. You can use single but you woudnt because your skills are based on double sided lightsabers. You'd be gimping yourself badly

Yeah, if I only had a 570. I got a ati 5450 right now. Why I was saying there is probably no hope in it running it since I read a post earlier when someone was saying their 570 hit low 20fps when they went into heavily populated zones.

I'm running everything maxed out with my 460GTX. I even have AA set to 4x as well. I'm staying over 40fps almost all the time. It's more than playable and looks great at 1080p.

I do have my GPU and CPU overclocked though.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Derp. Thought I read it as you having a 570.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
CE code and security key registered, game running in the background ready for the servers to go up. Woot.

nataku

Anyone know how much it increases per respec after the free one? Is there a cap?

EDIT: NM. A reddit post says 1st = 0, 2nd = 300, 3rd = 1950, 4th = 5850, 5th = 12750 in beta for a Lv25 character.

I saw a post on the SWTOR forums saying some guy's respec cost is now 36550 credits.

Moaradin

So apparently there isn't a cap for respec costs. Anyone know how much it increases per respec?

EDIT: NM. A reddit post says 1st = 0, 2nd = 300, 3rd = 1950, 4th = 5850, 5th = 12750 in beta for a Lv25 character.

I heard a rumor that it resets every week but I'm not sure.

Carm

I'm running everything maxed out with my 460GTX. I even have AA set to 4x as well. I'm staying over 40fps almost all the time. It's more than playable and looks great at 1080p.

I do have my GPU and CPU overclocked though.

Yea.. what cpu are you using? Because that would be the reason your fps is high, you ain't getting 40fps in major cities with tons of peope around like right before shutdown tonight on that card. I'm using the same card, shadows off and hover around 30 in cities, and big dips to mid teens with a ton of people in the city. Outside cities it depends, I can get over 60 in some places, very strange performance, just like beta, though a tiny bit better.

One reason I think for the bad fps some are seeing is the huge viewing distance with no slider to lower it, that's a big hit as well in mmo's I've noticed.

Edit: With all that said, I'm definitely enjoying the game more than I did in the two weekend betas I was in. Since Wal-Mart is still processing my CE, even after I canceled it over the phone. I may end up subscribing for awhile, at least for the sp focus story portion for a few classes.

Speaking of which, sith jugg, and I'm guessing jedi guardian need some major overhauls for tanking. AoE threat is almost non existant compared to the other tanks, it's pretty sad it's going live like this. If, you get a non fail group you''ll be fine, but if you get the ones that dps different targets all the time, you're gonna end up being called a bad tank alot compared to the other tank classses.

pahamrick

So, is there an official source about Slicing getting changed / nerfed? I've heard from several friends bitching about how slicing is getting nerfed already and I haven't seen anything except "Well, I heard it from..."

quaere

Runs ok on an Intel HD 3000, which I think is roughly equivalent to the 5450. High 20s to mid 30s on all low. I'm pretty picky about FPS too, for example I found Skyrim and Dragon Age PS3 to be unacceptably choppy.

I got home at 9EST and it feels like an eternity waiting for the servers to come online.

Can someone from the GAF Empire get me an invite when the servers pop? char. name is "Seciph"

Yea.. what cpu are you using? Because that would be the reason your fps is high, you ain't getting 40fps in major cities with tons of peope around like right before shutdown tonight on that card. I'm using the same card, shadows off and hover around 30 in cities, and big dips to mid teens with a ton of people in the city. Outside cities it depends, I can get over 60 in some places, very strange performance, just like beta, though a tiny bit better.

One reason I think for the bad fps some are seeing is the huge viewing distance with no slider to lower it, that's a big hit as well in mmo's I've noticed.

Yeah, this is the CPU I'm running: http://www.amazon.com/Phenom-Black-3-4Ghz-512KB-4000MHZ/dp/B002SRQ214/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324353681&sr=8-1

I have it overclocked to 3.8 Ghz. This is my first PC I've built so I'm still learning about bottle-necking and all that good shit.

Ningo

maybe lol anywhoo need to go trim the hedge before servers come back up.

That is literally a hedge in the front garden, for those perverted minds.

Sent

Is it possible to go Armortech/Scavenging/Slicing and still be able to buy the rare mats from the AH for making armor?

calder

Well at least SWTOR.com is back online, I was able to register my game, create my account and start the download.

25 gigs? Oof, time for my overpriced 50M down internet plan to start paying for itself. :p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm fiending to play right now. My character is a goodie Jedi who likes to flirt. But when confronted by Sith, I'm in full "swift death to evil" mode.

sangreal

Seeing how people can't keep stable framerates with a 570 I guess my internal hope of my 5450 rocking this game is dashed. Need to upgrade. Dear Santa.

I had an ancient computer (Q6600, 4GB, 8800GTX) and it was servicable on low. Not great, but I could play and I got through the beta. Anyways, all I did was upgrade to a GTX 560 (not Ti) and I hit 60fps fine on high with AA on too.

Top Bottom