• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Moaradin

I'm running co-op with a friend that's playing bounty hunter. His story on Tatooine was pretty awesome too, but in a different way.

Orgun

I experienced my first bug (since beta even) and first baaaad PUG last night...at the same time. :(

Still nearly called in sick today again, god dammed addict. Haven't been this addicted since EQ1 and WoW

Orgun

Really? I've bumped into tons of bugs. Most of them are pretty menial, but a few (the UI one in particular) are really obnoxious.

Yeah, been lucky I guess. The bug was during a heroic 4 man quest on Nar Shadda. My quest never updated and I didnt notice until everyone was saying thanks and goodbye :( Had to find another group, reset the quest and do it all again

Izayoi

Banned
One thing I really hope gets looked at in the future is dual specs. Right now it's super awkward. Have they said anything about future plans to revamp it?

Nar Shadda is mixed, saw a few Jedi running about and got some duel invites, the people just treat you normally tho.
I didn't see a single Sith when I was on Nar Shaddaa...

Are you on a PvE server?

Yeah, been lucky I guess. The bug was during a heroic 4 man quest on Nar Shadda. My quest never updated and I didnt notice until everyone was saying thanks and goodbye :( Had to find another group, reset the quest and do it all again
That sucks. :(

I didn't see a single Sith when I was on Nar Shaddaa...

Are you on a PvE server?

Yeah im on keller's void with the GAF empire, in the central promenade area I was clicking on random people, saw a scoundrel, sage and a jedi knight buying stuff from the stores. It's interesting as you don't have many options other than to ignore/block them (you can't inspect their equipment or anything)

Carm

I experienced my first bug (since beta even) and first baaaad PUG last night...at the same time. :(

Still nearly called in sick today again, god dammed addict. Haven't been this addicted since EQ1 and WoW

I've experienced quite a few bugs so far, nothing completely game breaking yet. I had one very amusing bug on Tatooine, while doing a quest where I have to get some poison remove from the sand people, with a time limit.

So I'm speeding around them, trying to avoid them all everything was going smoothly then BAM, 3 sand people burst out of the ground, which knocks me off my mount. So after getting up from the ground I try to attack and nothing happens. The game client was apparently so surprised those sand people would jump out there that it locked up the entire UI, I had to kill the game and restart to get control back.

meep!

Neo Member
This game is sooooo good! I was really skeptical about the game at first, mostly because the graphics and gameplay really does not do the game any justice by looking at pictures of videos. I find it looking much better and combat being a ton more fun while actually playing.

I do however have one big complaint, it may be silly but it's totaly immersion-breaking for me. As a Twi'lek I do not have a hood while wearing a robe that should have a hood. I do feel naked as a sith without one and it was a massive dissapointment finding this out, and it really makes not sense either.
I read they used to be able to wear hoods in the beta but their Lekku clipped through the hood, and their sollution was to remove the hood? I think they should have made the Lekku wrap over the shoulders and go infront of the character while wearing a hood. Or just make part of them hide.

I hope this is something they will fix, or I actually may reroll another race. :(

This game is sooooo good! I was really skeptical about the game at first, mostly because the graphics and gameplay really does not do the game any justice by looking at pictures of videos. I find it looking much better and combat being a ton more fun while actually playing.

I do however have one big complaint, it may be silly but it's totaly immersion-breaking for me. As a Twi'lek I do not have a hood while wearing a robe that should have a hood. I do feel naked as a sith without one and it was a massive dissapointment finding this out, and it really makes not sense either.
I read they used to be able to wear hoods in the beta but their Lekku clipped through the hood, and their sollution was to remove the hood? I think they should have made the Lekku wrap over the shoulders and go infront of the character while wearing a hood. Or just make part of them hide.

I hope this is something they will fix, or I actually may reroll another race. :(

Whats even more odd is if you get a full on helmet the lekku dissapear totally and you just have the round head, this is obviously work in progress tho and we will get hoods that can accomodate twileks.

Not sure if it's a bug or just a bad design choice, but when I'm in my inventory and my companion's character sheet, hovering over items shows the change vs *my* current equipment rather than my companion's.

Go into the options and you can select compare companion equipment.

meep!

Neo Member
Whats even more odd is if you get a full on helmet the lekku dissapear totally and you just have the round head, this is obviously work in progress tho and we will get hoods that can accomodate twileks.

Yea I hope you're right. I don't see many people playing Twi'leks so perhaps they don't care all that much. Then again, this might be the reason people are not playing them. On the other hand, why should one race be "gimped" aesthetics wise compared to all other races so hopefully this is something they can fix soon.

Izayoi

Banned
NEVER SEEN A ui ONE
If you have Vent/Teamspeak/Whatever bound to a mouse button, the UI eventually locks up and you're unable to click anything without reloading it (Ctrl+U twice). A real pain in the ass, to say the least, especially in flashpoints and PvP.

Yeah im on keller's void with the GAF empire, in the central promenade area I was clicking on random people, saw a scoundrel, sage and a jedi knight buying stuff from the stores. It's interesting as you don't have many options other than to ignore/block them (you can't inspect their equipment or anything)
Well that explains that. Yeah, if you're on a PvP server everyone is hostile.

Are there PvP servers in this game? How do they work?
There are. It's open PvP, if you see a player of the enemy faction you can kill them.

Dina

Looks like RPS's John Walker has some sand up his vagina. I used to like Rock Paper Shotgun a lot, but the site is turning more and more into Kotaku lately.

He's clearly missing the first maintenance that was scheduled during Europe's night, and Amerika's evening hours somewhere in the weekend.

That said, assuming the server techs are doing the work here and not Bioware, I can't see why they're not scheduling seperate eu and us maintenances in the night. Also taking down the forums in the meantime is just sloppy.

edit: I see you commented the same on RPS.

Valnen

The problem with games like WoW is when they run out of shit to do they turn to pop culture references or pure nonsense (panda bear monks)
You mean those things that have been in Warcraft since before WoW even existed?

Can't stand it when people say WoW's lore is bad for horrible reasons. Blizzard games are always full of pop culture references too, so I don't know why you would complain about that.

Dakota47

He's clearly missing the first maintenance that was scheduled during Europe's night, and Amerika's evening hours somewhere in the weekend.

That said, assuming the server techs are doing the work here and not Bioware, I can't see why they're not scheduling seperate eu and us maintenances in the night. Also taking down the forums in the meantime is just sloppy.

edit: I see you commented the same on RPS.

Yeah, that the forums are down is sloppy, but other than that the article is non-news. It is probably a slow news day.

Tacitus_

Well, other than their horrid choice of date, as long as they stick to their schedule it'll be the same as WoW.

jk, WoW had maintenance that had completion ETA at noon and the servers weren't stable til evening. Took them two expansions to fix it.

Dina

he has a point.....

I fail to see which. Forums down is the only good point I can make from that article. It's not researched well regarding the previous maintenance that was bad for America, while being angry at maintenance for an MMO that just released is just short-sighted. It also reeks of some sort of personal vendetta just because John Walker can't play when he wants to, while he was able to play to his heart's content for a couple of days now.

But I'm detecting a mild bias from RPS against MMO's in general, especially on Twitter.

edit: the maintenance was also announced, so with some scheduling on his end he could have avoided any sour looks. I just finished Trine 2 while waiting for SWTOR to come up.

SLV

What is this bullshit ? I have to set up a subscription to play the rest of my 27 days ?
-_-, the other game that shall not be named at least was decent on terms like these.

BTW, the paypal recurring payment i made is processing forever now, is that normal ? And for some reason i have to pay in USD not EUR ?
Not that i am not happy about it, much cheaper in the end for me

Bazza

This game is going to be bad for my health, the last week iv been playing it like i used to play SWG back in the day, it may have only been 7-8 years ago (think i was 18 at launch) since i was playing that till 4-5am pretty much every morning buy holy shit am i feeling the effects of this TOR launch now

Tacitus_

What is this bullshit ? I have to set up a subscription to play the rest of my 27 days ?
-_-, the other game that shall not be named at least was decent on terms like these.

BTW, the paypal recurring payment i made is processing forever now, is that normal ? And for some reason i have to pay in USD not EUR ?
Not that i am not happy about it, much cheaper in the end for me

You had to setup a subscription in WoW too, but IIRC you could cancel it immediately after and it wouldn't try to bill your card until you ran out of the free time.

SLV

You had to setup a subscription in WoW too, but IIRC you could cancel it immediately after and it wouldn't try to bill your card until you ran out of the free time.

Yes, that is what i mean, but i think something is wrong, this...

3GqHe.jpg

has been going on for like 10 minutes now

Top Bottom