• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

UltraMav

Many people (myself included) were locked out of the game due to some problem with the mobile security key app, and the only "workaround" was to call customer service and remove the security key in order to be able to log in.

Since I did that myself I haven't heard much about it, so I'm hoping it's been fixed so I can reactivate mine.

Cystm

Yeah, I agree. It blows they took away the option to kill him as well. Though you do kind of get the pleasure in the final boss of Scum and Villainy haha.

spoil me. I will likely not do scum and villainy anytime soon.

Wallach

Yeah, I agree. It blows they took away the option to kill him as well. Though you do kind of get the pleasure in the final boss of Scum and Villainy haha.

I wish they had kept this. I wanted to do this so bad. They could have just
replaced any killed characters with a droid that had the same stats/skills
but games nowadays are just terrified of asking players to make decisions they can't reverse on a whim.

kmz

Neo Member
Oh yeah, people had noticed that already as a stealth change on the PTS when 2.0 first hit. As soon as I saw that I made sure all my lowbie alts got into guilds. Hopefully they expand on that for more guild-related bonuses.

Katoki

Did the system bind you to a server or can you roll different characters on different servers? I haven't played in the longest time but have this urge to pop into games here and there every once in a while.

Current characters are on The Bastion but the last I heard back in Feb/March 2012 people were transferring off.

Did the system bind you to a server or can you roll different characters on different servers? I haven't played in the longest time but have this urge to pop into games here and there every once in a while.

Current characters are on The Bastion but the last I heard back in Feb/March 2012 people were transferring off.
You can roll characters on as many different servers as you'd like.

Server transfers didn't happen until the summer of 2012 but The Bastion was one of the servers that wasn't gobbled up during consolidation. I believe it gets pretty full during the day along with Prophecy of the Five.

Heysoos

I've been messing with my shadow since pretty much my three main toons are ranked and wz comms capped. Infiltration is crazy fun, and that's because I'm only level 33. I really do feel like I'm just stalking prey. So far in lowbies I've won all my 1v1s with infiltration, even against 40+ Marauders and Sins. I've won a good majority of 2v1s, and am 2/2 on 3v1s.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Was there another shake up in the community staff, or are you just talking about the turn over when Rockjaw left.

Joveth left. It's just Eric Musco, Amber Green and Courtney Woods now (who were there before) but they've been posting a lot and being more open with information. It's been good for sure.

A new video was posted on the making of Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GzzCOJqPLc

Looks fantastic, can't wait.

demolitio

Just got into this after not having played since the very early alpha days and I'm having a blast although the F2P XP limits are a real pain in the ass. I wish more games would use something similar to the LOTRO model instead of punishing you so much.

I love it, but this is one of those games where I really wish I had money just for a 60 day subscription. That alone would probably allow me to rank up fast enough to catch some of my buddies and play with them...lol

Mordeccai

So I'm about to hit level 50, are there any good guides for new 50 players on what to do? I've head I get free recruit pvp gear and tionese (maybe?don't remember the name) gear but don't really know anything else.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So I'm about to hit level 50, are there any good guides for new 50 players on what to do? I've head I get free recruit pvp gear and tionese (maybe?don't remember the name) gear but don't really know anything else.

This should help some:

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/28/swtor-dailies-and-pve-endgame-gearing-in-1-5/

There's a lot of stuff to do, it depends on what you enjoy doing:

PVP
HM Flashpoints
Operations (Story Mode, Hard Mode and Nightmare)
Daily quests
Crafting
World Bosses
Datacron hunting if you didn't while leveling
Scouring the GTN for pets, toys and other stuff

Personally I mostly PVP at 50, but I also run dailies for cash between queues and do Ops with the guild. Those are a lot of fun. I also spend a lot of time looking for orange gear and making outfits.

This should help some:

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/28/swtor-dailies-and-pve-endgame-gearing-in-1-5/

There's a lot of stuff to do, it depends on what you enjoy doing:

PVP
HM Flashpoints
Operations (Story Mode, Hard Mode and Nightmare)
Daily quests
Crafting
World Bosses
Datacron hunting if you didn't while leveling
Scouring the GTN for pets, toys and other stuff

Personally I mostly PVP at 50, but I also run dailies for cash between queues and do Ops with the guild. Those are a lot of fun. I also spend a lot of time looking for orange gear and making outfits.

On top of that, you now also have the heroic space missions and reputation grinds that were added recently. In 2.0 coming soon, there is a new achievement system coming as well with some rewards like titles and cartel coins.

StudioTan

On top of that, you now also have the heroic space missions and reputation grinds that were added recently. In 2.0 coming soon, there is a new achievement system coming as well with some rewards like titles and cartel coins.

Oh yeah, space! I knew I was forgetting something. I do those so rarely.

The weekly/dailies for the heroic space missions give excellent rewards for the little time investment you need. You're also getting a good bit more reward once 2.0 hit. Some are only 5min long to complete.

StudioTan

My biggest problem with the space missions is that I have multiple monitors and since your mouse position isn't absolute at some point I end up clicking outside the game by accident and getting dropped to desktop. Really annoying.

Mordeccai

Awesome guys thanks for all the ideas, will be nice to not have to worry about leveling and training and questing for endgame haha.

Where exactly do I get the free PVE and PVP gear at? I believe I read the recruit gear is given through a quest on fleet so I should be able to find that easily enough.

Also gonna have to start making some money to gear out an alt that I rolled with my buddy, so far cybertech hasn't been a good money maker. I have a few low level purple schematics for ear pieces I might throw up on the GTN to see how they sell as well as some low level mods researched, mostly with the intent to twink an inquisitor and warrior but they might make some money if I craft a few.

Cystm said:
I haven't even done any of the new missions.

Off the rails space exploration is what they need to do.

THIS. C'mon bioware, Jump to Lightspeed was nine years ago and the thing worked beautifully with a joystick. It can't be that difficult to make open space zones, pvp in space would be awesome with an overhaul to ship gearing and ship parts. As of now it would be lame because everyone has the same high level ship parts, and on the rails is some shit that belongs in a lego game.

Awesome guys thanks for all the ideas, will be nice to not have to worry about leveling and training and questing for endgame haha.

Where exactly do I get the free PVE and PVP gear at? I believe I read the recruit gear is given through a quest on fleet so I should be able to find that easily enough.

Also gonna have to start making some money to gear out an alt that I rolled with my buddy, so far cybertech hasn't been a good money maker. I have a few low level purple schematics for ear pieces I might throw up on the GTN to see how they sell as well as some low level mods researched, mostly with the intent to twink an inquisitor and warrior but they might make some money if I craft a few.
You get the free gear missions off the terminals on the fleet. The PVP one in the Combat Training gives you a mission for free recruit gear. The PVE one is an item that's mailed to you after hitting 50 that'll give you a mission to get Tionese comms to trade for gear.

FYC

Banned
I got the game for 5 bucks during a sale late last year(somewhere around November?), but I couldn't pay the sub fee after the trial :( I'd like to give it another shot, but I completely forget everything story related that happened on my Jedi Knight(I wasn't very far, only just got a mount). I was thinking of just making another Jedi Knight but going with the other specialization. That's possible, right? Just making sure there's no class limit per server or anything.

I got the game for 5 bucks during a sale late last year(somewhere around November?), but I couldn't pay the sub fee after the trial :( I'd like to give it another shot, but I completely forget everything story related that happened on my Jedi Knight(I wasn't very far, only just got a mount). I was thinking of just making another Jedi Knight but going with the other specialization. That's possible, right? Just making sure there's no class limit per server or anything.

You likely have six slots on your account for your characters since you previously bought the game. You can make as many of one character class on the same server, there is no limit on that. Know a guildie who has mad 3 With just to try different advanced classes and to play story as light side and dark side versions.

Cystm

ibmtIrZ2wqJIgO.jpg

So was confirmed that tomorrow is patch and return of the gree event. It sounds like they are adding a new mount to the gree vendor too.

Wonder if they will keep turning off the event for a few weeks and back on again? Probably just doing this now due to the wait for 2.0 and the expansion.

HBroward

That's awesome news, I still have a ton of helix on characters after buying the two gree lightsabers with just one of my guys. Hopefully the mount is bought with those. Watch Milly's stream if you want to see some amazing event pvp tomorrow. (Hopefully? Maybe just more professional line queueing.)

Edit: New packs with almost all completely new stuff tomorrow! New crystal colors and brand new things not just recolors of old stuff. Hurray!

SBSW Panel has a lot more info and details.

This panel was 3 days ago and they said the patch was coming Tuesday, community is slipping not catching this news.

Top Bottom