• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Alur

Pretty crazy how close these are getting...

And here's a video where I ended up playing Trevin, Anore and Fanatic. Such a close game. Had a few fat-fingers/stupid decisions, but oh well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRNEvFtGlN4

I have to say, I never thought I'd see the day you PVP'd more than me. There was a time when you utterly despised it, wasn't there?

Now BOTH of your characters have more PVP wins than Qruul (at least since probably half or more of my PVP time was pre-ranked and win tracking). I can't even imagine how much time you've invested into those chars cause I know how much I put into mine, lol. I'd say your skills are pretty top notch by this point.

Is the rated team picking still happening? When I was on last in PD, Carth/Vasyel had said it wasn't happening a lot anymore.

I'm still subbed, but I've been swamped. I feel like this is the nature of MMOs. When you are in, you spend more time than you need to in the game. When you get out, you can't ever get back in at any enjoyable level without going all in again.

Milly79

I have to say, I never thought I'd see the day you PVP'd more than me. There was a time when you utterly despised it, wasn't there?

Now BOTH of your characters have more PVP wins than Qruul (at least since probably half or more of my PVP time was pre-ranked and win tracking). I can't even imagine how much time you've invested into those chars cause I know how much I put into mine, lol. I'd say your skills are pretty top notch by this point.

Is the rated team picking still happening? When I was on last in PD, Carth/Vasyel had said it wasn't happening a lot anymore.

I'm still subbed, but I've been swamped. I feel like this is the nature of MMOs. When you are in, you spend more time than you need to in the game. When you get out, you can't ever get back in at any enjoyable level without going all in again.

I don't know if I would say despised it. It just wasn't... Interesting at the time. Now when I'm not raiding it helps pass the time, but there are still many times where I don't feel like pvping. It gets stale as well.

You definitely have me beat over time, I can guarantee that much. Yooni is sitting at 36~ days played (4th toon), and Ditto is sitting at 17~ days (6th toon). I wouldn't say top notch. There's always room for improvement. :)

Ranked, not really. PD doesn't have that many good players. If we really don't have our top 8 on, it's a struggle to find replacements and we usually pull in from other guilds.

Interesting addition to the patch is that various quests and class quests especially will sometimes now grant XP boost items. This along with the 5% bonus for being in guilds is nice little leveling speed ups.

They also removed commendation caps for f2p and preferred players it seem.

Alur

The new luxury skiff mount is amazing. You lounge in the back on pillows while you got a droid piloting for you.

EDIT: Do want. These new mounts are nice. Even the new Aratech one is nice.

White-Black crystal looks neat.

I want this more than the mounts. I can't tell you how many folks I played this game with that asked for a white-black crystal. Now we got it.

I don't know if I would say despised it. It just wasn't... Interesting at the time. Now when I'm not raiding it helps pass the time, but there are still many times where I don't feel like pvping. It gets stale as well.

You definitely have me beat over time, I can guarantee that much. Yooni is sitting at 36~ days played (4th toon), and Ditto is sitting at 17~ days (6th toon). I wouldn't say top notch. There's always room for improvement. :)

Ranked, not really. PD doesn't have that many good players. If we really don't have our top 8 on, it's a struggle to find replacements and we usually pull in from other guilds.

I dunno about over time. I logged into Qruul just now and checked, he's sitting at 47 hours and 4 minutes played. Maybe just on one character. 47 days is crazy...course my 6 or 7 years of WoW had one character at 87 days or something insane like that.

I keep getting the bug to PVP, but PVP sucks solo. I have enjoyed popping in for a win or two and popping out though the few times I've done it. The newest WZ seems to be the worst for me solo - against a premade it's a slaughter.

I saw there's an "Enforcer" title. That's in the packs too?

Cystm

That Malak armor set is awesome, but it will go the way of the Revan set and flood the market and be worn by everyone.

Overall this pack is pretty rad and I hope they release original items like this more often.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Bioware got me, I caved and bought a the 5500 CC pack and got 24 of the new packs.

I got the Skiff so it was worth it! :D

Also got this mount which is almost as cool:

swtor-aratech-nethian-enforcers-contraband-pack-31.jpg

Only thing I really wanted that I didn't get was the bacta tank. Got a lot of outfits and most of the weapons. Overall a pretty good haul.

It was really smart of them to include reputation with every pack. Makes you feel like you get something useful in every pack.

I'm enjoying this game immensely! It's more fun than I remember just going through the story with knight and imperial agent! I can't wait for the hutt expansion

Saved up a bunch of coins for something good, the new cartel packs come out with awesome stuff, buy as many as I can, and get nothing good :(

My luck with cartel packs has been horrible. Got both over-tuned lightsabers, but not a fan at all of how they look... wonder if they will be worth anything.... probably not.

Think they mean it's going away when the event goes away only, don't see why they would take it away.

It seems that the high end rep vendor for the cartel market rep is selling outfit pieces from stuff appearing in the Hutt expansion. They got the hutt trooper uniforms and such on there.

Man they have put in a lot gear over the the last year or so. My jedi knight can finally have a robe with no hood. /happy

I cant explain to you how angry it made me feel. its such a small thing but just seeing my character hooded and bald throughout the games cut scenes. I was ready to burst.

They also fixed the jedi robes giant ass syndrome.

Oh anyone have any info or proof they added new character creation face options? Read elsewhere folks claiming this but haven't seen it.

Wonder what today's big announcement is too..... Cathar finally? heh.

They also fixed the jedi robes giant ass syndrome.

Oh anyone have any info or proof they added new character creation face options? Read elsewhere folks claiming this but haven't seen it.

Wonder what today's big announcement is too..... Cathar finally? heh.
I made a new character last night and didn't see anything new. I did notice some new faces but those were available in the game before the recent patch.'

Apparently that "big announcement" isn't big at all. Just a promotion of sorts.

FYC

Banned
qscc6eH.png

jesus h. what is it about this game that makes people so crazy

Anyways I'm gonna try out the other subclass for Jedi Knight, should be neat

Edit: Sentinel, that's the one! Should be fun, I'll go dark side as well. Kinda prefer that anyways. I'll probably level up my Guardian again as well, just need to refresh my memory.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I have a level 48 Guardian that I've played the entire way as a tank. I never play tanks but I wanted to try something different for once. Well finally after getting sick of how long it takes me to kill anything I switched him to the Vigilance tree. What a freaking difference! Why the hell didn't I do this sooner? He's WAY more fun to play now.

I guess I just don't have a tank mentality. That's probably why it's been a year and he's still only level 48 :p

StudioTan

Awesome. I love me some double xp.

So we're pretty much getting a "launch date" for Makeb with this. Perhaps the week of April 8th?

Yeah, makes sense it'll be really soon after the 8th.

HBroward

So the big news was double experience weekends until the launch of Makeb. Great time to get toons leveled in preparation of the expansion.

Edit: Wow, the usable exp buffs double as well! Time to super level! And since the last double xp weekend ends April 8th, one can surmise that Makeb drops that following week!(Pending any further delay)

Tarazet

I have a level 48 Guardian that I've played the entire way as a tank. I never play tanks but I wanted to try something different for once. Well finally after getting sick of how long it takes me to kill anything I switched him to the Vigilance tree. What a freaking difference! Why the hell didn't I do this sooner? He's WAY more fun to play now.

I guess I just don't have a tank mentality. That's probably why it's been a year and he's still only level 48 :p

Your mistake is running solo content. Tanks have always been the kings of instant dungeon queue pops.

StudioTan

Your mistake is running solo content. Tanks have always been the kings of instant dungeon queue pops.

I totally agree. The only times I really had fun playing him was doing flashpoints. So I'll probably stick with a damage spec until 50 and then tank him during end game.

StudioTan

Finally decided to spend my cartel points on one of the new packs. Got a model Phantom and some junk. Now I know how people feel.

The model Phantom is pretty rare actually.

Would make it easier to skip side quest filler so you can focus on your class stories. Your level has no bearing on the storyline, but normally the higher you level, the more filler you have to do before you can continue your story.

Alur

People need to learn how to guard nodes properly ffs.

That was a hellacious amount of healers too. That's one of my pet peeves as heals...I really wish they had figured out a way to keep a game from putting 4/5 healers on one team. It's almost always an exercise in frustration lol.

HBroward

That was a hellacious amount of healers too. That's one of my pet peeves as heals...I really wish they had figured out a way to keep a game from putting 4/5 healers on one team. It's almost always an exercise in frustration lol.

Yeah that was a frustrating game, we were up on kills the first two rounds then got ninja capped. We held them off their node and then got ours ninja capped AGAIN. Le sigh.

Just bought one on the GTN for 4500 credits, next cheapest is 250k :D
So much for selling it! =(

Good thing is that of course the Malak set is starting to come down in price. Buying up pieces for my Sith Warrior.

EDIT: Looks like I can make over 380k with the Phantom. It'll go over my credit cap though. I need to sub. =(

Alur

If anyone wants the Kolto Tank regen thing and has a Regulator title, I'll trade. I saw one Regulator up at 650k and it's already gone. Also will trade my white crit crystal for a white-black.

That one skiff is ugly, too, btw. The one with the black top is much better.

HBroward

Some changes coming in the next PTS patch for Mercs/Commando and Sin/Shadows, plus more crit coming back in!

Hey folks,

I know there have been a lot of questions about a couple of very specific issues relating to combat and 2.0 so I wanted to address some of them.

Mercenaries/Commandos

We are currently testing some changes to DPS for Mercenaries/Commandos. Tentatively you will see some of these changes the next time we update public test (not today) but note that this is entirely subject to change! Pyros and Arsenals are getting some love to their core abilities that should alleviate some of the PvP issues. Some of these changes are being rolled out today while others are currently being tested (the Combat/PvP devs are testing these changes against each other as I post).

Assassin/Shadow

Madness/Balance has seen some changes, check the patch notes later today for specifics on this. Deception/Infiltration should see some improvement to their “on demand burst.”

Critical Rating

We are increasing the amount of crit chance that you gain from primary attributes (like Strength or Cunning) as well as increasing the crit chance you gain from Critical Rating. You will see this change noted in our new PTS build later today.

FYC

Banned
Would make it easier to skip side quest filler so you can focus on your class stories. Your level has no bearing on the storyline, but normally the higher you level, the more filler you have to do before you can continue your story.

Hmm, alright. I'm just worried it might bork the pacing.

Zafir

Got the cathar honor sword in one of the two packs I bought today. Looked pretty cool so decided to use it for pvp tanking on my jugg. Best thing I've got in any of the packs I've opened pretty much. Most of it has been a bunch of rubbish.

Alur

Got the cathar honor sword in one of the two packs I bought today. Looked pretty cool so decided to use it for pvp tanking on my jugg. Best thing I've got in any of the packs I've opened pretty much. Most of it has been a bunch of rubbish.

Yeah, no doubt. I can't remember the OG pack haul I got, but nothing earth shattering. I had enough coins from sub rewards to get a couple this time and only thing worthwhile was the Kolto Tank.

Top Bottom