• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I really love the handmaiden top on my female smuggler. She's only 29 so the rest of the outfit isn't great but there aren't a lot of white top in the game.

screenshot_2013-03-146kuwm.jpg

Alur

I really love the handmaiden top on my female smuggler. She's only 29 so the rest of the outfit isn't great but there aren't a lot of white top in the game.

Handmaiden top + revan mask is a white spinoff of the Nihilus mask. Looks awesome. Unfortunately I don't have a Revan Mask to use it's awesomeness.

Alur

Ah shit, that's live now?

I am busy cranking away on the Bioshock Infinite |OT|!

Yep, it's live and apparently ridiculous. 36k for wz's, folks in guild getting 48k for certain quests...can't wait. They said it was very noticeable difference.

Zafir

I got 65k-70k from some wz's on my level 41-42 operative, lol. Pretty much 1 or 2 bars depending on how long the warzone is.

Alur

Just went from 23 to 24 on my guardian in 2 WZ's, a few mobs, and one quest (technically two I guess, as I got reward at my ship as well).

This is niiiicceeee.

FYC

Banned
It is pretty awesome. Came around at a good time too, I'll be caught up where I left my Guardian off in no time as this rate. Awesome!

Dark Jedi Knight is fun so far.

Alur

Finally got that Regulator title...those things must be the rarest items in the pack, or everyone used the one they got.

As an aside, I have a Cathar Honor Sword the SP-RO Pet I'll part with pretty cheaply to one of you folks if you want, otherwise gonna throw on GTN.

Zafir

Lol. You can power level on ilum with the gree event and xp boost event. Get an ops group, have one 50 to keep reseting the quest with the spawning pylon and you can get like a level every 10min or something stupid.

inter

I've been trying to give EA my money all morning, but between maintenance and the random errors I'm receiving now, they won't let me.

I wonder if it's a sign.

Lol. You can power level on ilum with the gree event and xp boost event. Get an ops group, have one 50 to keep reseting the quest with the spawning pylon and you can get like a level every 10min or something stupid.
I need to get into one of these groups to powerlevel my Sniper.

Alur

A year later, my sorc is finally "the Infernal" and "the Unyielding". SWTOR Bucket List receives two check marks. Thanks Trevin, Yooni, etc...

Zafir

I did it. I got my operative from 42 to 47. My sniper from 18 to 38. Joined another one today getting my PT up, he was 15, 20 atm.

Alur

So my question is does the amount of experience that shows up in the text/quest give in acceptance screens not reflect the double EXP? I was still seeing normal numbers yesterday (10, 15, 20k) but it seemed like I was gaining double that. It was weird.

Zafir

What do you do exactly? AND INVITE ME! :p

Oh I'm on Red Eclipse EU, not the GAF server :p

Just need a level 45+ person. They grab the event elite. Go to the pylon so they can click it to get them to spawn, and they just reset the quest before it completes so they can keep clicking it over and over.

Cystm

Oh I'm on Red Eclipse EU, not the GAF server :p

Just need a level 45+ person. They grab the event elite. Go to the pylon so they can click it to get them to spawn, and they just reset the quest before it completes so they can keep clicking it over and over.

My server is full of uptight, angry nerdlingers.

Kard8p3

I finally bit the bullet and started downloading this game! I've always wanted to play it, but never got a chance, I am definitely excited!

Zafir

Got my PT up to 40 from 15, and then swapped back onto my sniper who was 38. He's 43 now. Not bad for a day of levelling!

Alur

Dang that's amazing. I need to convince some other JC GAF folks to do this, trade off leveling each other for a few hours or something.

Kard8p3

Oh wow. I didn't know when I downloaded this I would be locked out of stuff. I thought this went completely F2P :/ Now I'm iffy on if I wanna stick to this.

Oh wow. I didn't know when I downloaded this I would be locked out of stuff. I thought this went completely F2P :/ Now I'm iffy on if I wanna stick to this.

The entire game is essentially available to you outside of endgame content, you just have limits on you if you're a free account. You can play though all 8 classes to max level without paying.

HBroward

My record for biggest sniper/gunslinger hit got accepted, it's number two on the list, I missed first place by 6 damage. It was an Ambush for 7346 on a really badly geared shadow. Balls in your court now Yooni!

I was able to get my Warrior to 34 from 17 last night before the double xp weekend was over. I'll finish it up this weekend and maybe start a Consular.

FYC

Banned
After double XP, I kinda wish the XP rate was just raised permanently, it feels much better. The choice to skip a few sidequests and be able to mainly focus on your class quest would appeal to a lot of people I think.

Ah well. I got to 23 on my Sentinel and caught up where I left my Guardian off, so whatevs.

MaddenNFL64

Before you flinch, check the GTN for unlocks. Play a bit, earn a few credits, and you can unlock alot of content for free.

After double XP, I kinda wish the XP rate was just raised permanently, it feels much better. The choice to skip a few sidequests and be able to mainly focus on your class quest would appeal to a lot of people I think.

Ah well. I got to 23 on my Sentinel and caught up where I left my Guardian off, so whatevs.

While it's nice, it's a bit excessive how much xp you can earn with the double xp on. I do think they should generally boost xp gains in general though over time especially now with the level cap increase coming. Like WoW did several times when expansions released, they reduced the xp requirements for lower levels to speed things up for newer players.

Top Bottom