• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

It's sitting at 1.1gb used after 4~ hrs. It would usually be over 2 for sure... I'd say yes. :)

Yeah mine is staying stable between 1.1 and 1.2GB even after hours. It's still not perfect but I'm glad they finally did something about it! No more crashes after 2hrs or so.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
what in the hell did they actually do?

No issues here with W7 64 bit. I'd invite you over so you could play on my computer, but I don't want you adjusting my chair.

KePoW

Banned
I haven't had that problem. Does it do this every time you login? Might want to try running the game in compatibility mode.

No, it's the first time I've ever encountered this. I looked on the official forums, and there is a sticky post that says it's a known problem with no solution yet...

No, it's the first time I've ever encountered this. I looked on the official forums, and there is a sticky post that says it's a known problem with no solution yet...
First launcher problems and now black screen server selection screens. Hopefully they fix it up before the expansion launch.

I'm looking to get back into TOR after having not plays since launch. How do I make sure I'm on the US East PvE server? I'm at the character select screen and don't see the option.

I'm looking to get back into TOR after having not plays since launch. How do I make sure I'm on the US East PvE server? I'm at the character select screen and don't see the option.
In the lower left corner there is a row of buttons. The button for server selection is right above the "QUIT" button.

MaddenNFL64

I love the color scheme of this game. Too bad my crappy pc cant output this without chugging.

http://imgur.com/a/XP5lL

Also, Chevin are cool

L04j7pLh.jpg

I want Double XP weekends for subscribers or purchasable passes via the cartel market.

It's in the their best interest to do more double xp weekends in the future. It's good way for f2p games to attract customers and potentially get back in and spend some money. F2P games all seem to be doing it now.

Sorian

Banned
Is is bad that I find myself very excited for Makeb? Just two more days! HNNNNG
plus up to another day to take care of the shitshow that may be this patch

I didn't preorder early enough so stuck having to wait for Sunday :p

Anyways didn't get my new char to 50 with the double xp :( ... 45 is close though!

kms_md

It's in the their best interest to do more double xp weekends in the future. It's good way for f2p games to attract customers and potentially get back in and spend some money. F2P games all seem to be doing it now.

especially as many people will also buy the cartel major exp boost packs at the same time to maximize their leveling potential.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Server xfers are "coming soon."

I would like this, as I have an orphaned Sith Warrior on a different server because I split alts back when the game first opened. I figured I would do east vs west because then if one server farm went out, I could still play. I got him up to 43 before they announced the whole Legacy scheme.

Cystm

I would like this, as I have an orphaned Sith Warrior on a different server because I split alts back when the game first opened. I figured I would do east vs west because then if one server farm went out, I could still play. I got him up to 43 before they announced the whole Legacy scheme.

I have a whole other legacy on The bastion that I never touch anymore and a level.. 40 something OP on P5.

Credits, Presence, Legacy XP, and some really fun characters just going to waste.

Had a blast getting back into TOR this weekend. The JK story has definitely grabbed my attention and I'm looking forward to playing through it.

Read through most of the news/blogs in the official site last abd i sig all the imprivements they've made since launch. Ordered a 60 day sub card from Amazon last night, should be delivered tomorrow.

Now, who do I PM about joining the GAF Republic?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Servers are down but if you start the launcher there is already a 2.3 GB patch. I don't know if it's the whole thing but the more I can get before they servers reopen the better.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Damn, says the servers will be down until 12:00 am PDT. Bummer =(

It's so they can launch the expansion at midnight pacific for those who have early access. I'll be staying up until 3am eastern to play but I'm usually up past then anyway :p

I really hope transfers are coming soon. I'm in a horrible spot in the game right now. I have 4 50s spread across 3 servers. Two, including my "main" (my sniper) are on a RP server that I pretty much have no friends on anymore. It's not very populated, so both PVE and PVP communities are stagnant.

I have an Assassin on Harbinger, where I've got a lot of friends playing on, but I don't find the class very fun. I want to tank, but they have no need for tanks, so I really am not having fun gearing it up as a shitty offtank/DPS.

Then there's my random Guardian on POTF. It's there, sitting there collecting dust. IDK what to do with it.

I'm debating on if I should just level a new sniper and just regear... or focus on my main sniper and hope for transfers.

Shit sucks.

StudioTan

I really hope transfers are coming soon. I'm in a horrible spot in the game right now. I have 4 50s spread across 3 servers. Two, including my "main" (my sniper) are on a RP server that I pretty much have no friends on anymore. It's not very populated, so both PVE and PVP communities are stagnant.

I have an Assassin on Harbinger, where I've got a lot of friends playing on, but I don't find the class very fun. I want to tank, but they have no need for tanks, so I really am not having fun gearing it up as a shitty offtank/DPS.

Then there's my random Guardian on POTF. It's there, sitting there collecting dust. IDK what to do with it.

I'm debating on if I should just level a new sniper and just regear... or focus on my main sniper and hope for transfers.

Shit sucks.

When they revealed what they were doing for the APAC server people they said they were waiting on server transfers until after 2.0 because it would need to incorporate stuff like achievements. So I would hold off for a bit longer, my guess is they're coming pretty soon.

Wallach

Sat down to read the 2.0 notes; they're really good. The class changes address probably 80% of the issues I've had with the classes I play.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sat down to read the 2.0 notes; they're really good. The class changes address probably 80% of the issues I've had with the classes I play.

hold on

i didn't know personal shields weren't effective against all that damage

that seems like a lot

like all damage that didn't come from a direct weapon attack was entirely unaffected by shields before?

Also saber reflect sounds sick, and like something that should have been in before based on the franchise

but yeah, good changes

I may actually buy the expansion

Wallach

hold on

that seems like a lot

like all damage that didn't come from a direct weapon attack was entirely unaffected by shields before?

Also saber reflect sounds sick, and like something that should have been in before based on the franchise

but yeah, good changes

Yeah, it was one of the biggest reasons tanks had such a frustrating time in PvP. The vast majority of player attacks totally bypassed both armor and shields from what I remember. Only skills that did "white" damage numbers would, like Rail Shot. That change alone represents a massive tank buff for PvP.

Giolon

hold on

that seems like a lot

but yeah, good changes

Some classes did weapon damage with their special abilities, like Gunslinger and Sentinel, but all thatForce and Tech damage wasn't affected by shields. I always considerd it like Magic in Wow doesn't get affected by armor or shield block - that's what magic resistance is for. The problem with SWTOR though is that there wasn't really any form of magic resistance just armor (which did reduce all Kinetic and Energy damage, Forece/Tech or otherwise). It didn't really work out too well PVP-wise.

Cystm

I assumed servers were going to be down for days, so I did not bother to patch.

Yooni / Tan, update us when you can, please.

Cystm

I am in now too.

WTF is up with that awkwardly random loud ass cough while talking to Navigator Uptin?

Edit: Getting XP on my main is weird.

Mordeccai

Healing was awesome in PVP, put up 500k heals in my first round as a scoundrel with three pieces of war hero, heh. Felt a bit less squishy as well.

StudioTan

Makeb is awesome. Just starting the 3rd mesa. The heroic in the first area (republic) is a lot of fun, especially getting there :p

Gotta sleep now.

Vildiil

So Bolster is still buggy as hell, was putting up million+ heals games wearing nothing but my blaster rifle on my Operative. I did enjoy getting 830 cartel coins after logging on all my characters though.

syoaran

Wow, so I'm still suffering from the 1.7a crash bug. can't load the game, can't fix the issue. They've known about it and yet still not deployed a fix.

Anyone else suffering from it?

Top Bottom