• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Wallach

I didn't really play much of anything tonight, but I popped into SWTOR after the servers were up to check out the new skill trees. Honestly I'm impressed, the class changes seem really strong overall. Particularly like what they did with the Juggernaut; there's still the overarching problem of limited variability in the trees but the new Immortal tree and general skill rotation is simply much more fun. I can't see myself tanking on the Powertech after 2.0, the Juggernaut is simply more interesting and now the effectiveness is right up there with the other two tanks.

I am a little confused as to what they did with the value of Absorb, though. After looking over my new stats and doing some (very quick) math, it feels like at least for Juggernaut the value of it absolutely tanked. Maybe I'm missing something.

I am a little confused as to what they did with the value of Absorb, though. After looking over my new stats and doing some (very quick) math, it feels like at least for Juggernaut the value of it absolutely tanked. Maybe I'm missing something.

Wasn't the change made that it will reduce the damage by less than before, but the main difference being that shields now activate against more attacks now as well. Shields were bypassed previously by many types of attacks so you took full hits, but now shields can absorb damage from all, so they reduced the effectiveness of the shields

So apparently I'm hearing there is a 55 running around already. I don't know if that's true or not. If it is that's pretty crazy.

Power levelers ho! Can believe it. Playing through Makebs storyline content is supposed to be about 8-10 hours and that will get you to like lvl 53-54. With some xp boosts and other activities I'm sure lot of people are going to be lvl 55 by todays end

Wallach

Wasn't the change made that it will reduce the damage by less than before, but the main difference being that shields now activate against more attacks now as well. Shields were bypassed previously by many types of attacks so you took full hits, but now shields can absorb damage from all, so they reduced the effectiveness of the shields

I mean the specific value of Absorb as a stat rating. Both Defense and Shield ratings crush it now, the value of it per point seems way off.

8000 damage ambush at level 20. This feels too good to be right. :)

Seriously though these sniper changes are amazing. Engineer spec especially feels even better than before, and it was already great.

I like how they love to make your PVP grinds seem next to useless with every other patch. Remember when you would hunt for BM tokens? Now that shit is worthless! Straight to WH! Did you just spend all your RH comms on EWH? Hahaha.... hah!

Thank god I gave up on gearing in PVP a long long time ago. I got 2 pieces of EWH and was like, this is futile.

Milly79

I say got damn. I haven't even logged in yet. I'm assuming you didn't sleep or slept before servers were up? So jelly.

They came up 2 hours earlier than scheduled. Almost at the 24 hour mark. Need about 700k more xp to 55. Trying my best to not fall asleep. :lol

KePoW

Banned
I wouldn't bother. They'll just trololol all the way.

I don't understand GAF's hate for SWTOR. I think it's got the best stories/characters/voices for a MMO by far, which makes it much more interesting.

The gameplay is straight WoW, but that doesn't bother me because I loved WoW anyway.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I don't understand GAF's hate for SWTOR. I think it's got the best stories/characters/voices for a MMO by far, which makes it much more interesting.

The gameplay is straight WoW, but that doesn't bother me because I loved WoW anyway.

Because Bioware and because EA. Most people assume the game is dead based on all the LOL TORtanic stuff and free to play.

Also the game requires always online? lol

Won

An actual "OT" isn't needed since this thread exists already, but no reason not to do a simple release thread with all the necessary information in one place either.

Of course only if you are not afraid that someone on the internet could hurt your feelings. Then not.

Draxal

An actual "OT" isn't needed since this thread exists already, but no reason not to do a simple release thread with all the necessary information in one place either.

Of course only if you are not afraid that someone on the internet could hurt your feelings. Then not.

Or tired of another topic in game while good in intention; but due to replies in the thread basically implies the game is failing and just ends up spreading misinformation.

Oh yeah, dark jedi robes(with hood) I remember seeing it in the cartel shop while playing around if anybody's inclined to picking that up.

Alur

So what happened with our WZ comms? I don't see anything about comms except the PVE ones in the patch notes.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So what happened with our WZ comms? I don't see anything about comms except the PVE ones in the patch notes.

No changes, that's why.

Alur

Damn, I can't imagine the cost then. Time to check Dulfy.

EDIT: Wow, same price. That's basically a free set of 55 gear for me then. Awesome.

kmz

Neo Member
Keep in mind though that the new 55 PVP gear sets (Partisan/Conqueror) are still 61/63, just like WH/EWH, but with more expertise and a few more other stats. (Actually when I logged on this morning I noticed that my old WH/EWH all got their expertise bumped to the new levels. They're just lacking a bit in the other stats.)

So I'm not sure how viable the PVP gear will be for anything other than PVP. And I remember speculation that a BiS PVE barrel/hilt/armoring for your MH/OH would be better for PVP than a Conqueror equivalent, because even though you're losing expertise you're gaining a _ton_ of Force/Tech Power.

Of course, all this is a bit moot right now since bolster is still fucked.

StudioTan

Wow, the new Eradicator's outfit on the Cartel Market is fucking awesome.

Via Reddit:

screenshot2013040914293.jpg

Alur

Keep in mind though that the new 55 PVP gear sets (Partisan/Conqueror) are still 61/63, just like WH/EWH, but with more expertise and a few more other stats. (Actually when I logged on this morning I noticed that my old WH/EWH all got their expertise bumped to the new levels. They're just lacking a bit in the other stats.)

So I'm not sure how viable the PVP gear will be for anything other than PVP. And I remember speculation that a BiS PVE barrel/hilt/armoring for your MH/OH would be better for PVP than a Conqueror equivalent, because even though you're losing expertise you're gaining a _ton_ of Force/Tech Power.

Of course, all this is a bit moot right now since bolster is still fucked.

That's all fine for me. I don't PVE at all and doubt that'll change anytime soon.

Draxal

Via Reddit:

Thanks for posting the pic (it's also cheaper than the others at 900 cartel points), that and the Revan's helmet is pretty much the closest you can get to the Sith Warrior images you see plastered over the place.

They'll probably add an Adraas's mask to the next cartel pack to pretty much mirror it.

Westlo

Considering the amount of people who shit on WoW (you see the same ppl pop up in the next wowkiller threads all the time lol) combined with the other things why are you surprised?

Jomjom

Banned
I'm sad that this patch made my sentinel so weak compared to the other DPS classes. Sentinel is my main. =(

I guess time to work on my rDPS alt.

ShaneB

I'm sad that this patch made my sentinel so weak compared to the other DPS classes. Sentinel is my main. =(

I guess time to work on my rDPS alt.

Sigh, hearing stuff like this is depressing because I was enjoying leveling my Sentinel since I'm not sure I like range dps so much (have a gunslinger at 50), and like being up in the middle of the chaos. But just pvp'ing a little on the sent made me realize that I'm not sure I can deal with the TOR pvp chaos going on with melee. lol

I think I should just continue leveling a healer. Everyone loves a healer in pve and pvp.

Because Bioware and because EA. Most people assume the game is dead based on all the LOL TORtanic stuff and free to play.

Also the game requires always online? lol

MMOs get shat in general here. MMO, EA, Bioware..... and it's seen as getting in the way of a new KOTOR being released. It goes beyond a trifecta of hate.

The hood is what makes it work. It works perfectly with all the cartel masks they have in the game already (I'm awaiting Adraas's mask myself).

It's also one of the few actual black items. Almost everything else is grey, while so many have wanted just pure black robes for a long time.

Draxal

It's also one of the few actual black items. Almost everything else is grey, while so many have wanted just pure black robes for a long time.

Ya, lack of black robes/hood was a common complaint for sith players, where it was the complete opposite for jedi players.

Via Reddit:

screenshot2013040914293.jpg
Is that the armor from Deceived? Pretty awesome.
MMOs get shat in general here. MMO, EA, Bioware..... and it's seen as getting in the way of a new KOTOR being released. It goes beyond a trifecta of hate.
Yep. It doesn't matter if the game in question is the second coming of christ because people will hate it for being an MMO. It's just not worth the effort putting up an OT if it's just going to get shit on right as it is up there. Especially for this game.

Draxal

Is that the armor from Deceived? Pretty awesome.

It's just missing the mask, also I think it's been confirmed that White Imperial Trooper armor is one of the Makeb Faction grinds, for anybody who hasn't bothered to get the collector's edition yet (I think its still dirt cheap).

It's just missing the mask, also I think it's been confirmed that White Imperial Trooper armor is one of the Makeb Faction grinds, for anybody who hasn't bothered to get the collector's edition yet (I think its still dirt cheap).

CE Trooper armor is the standard dark grey armor.

def sim

Maybe someone should make a thread, anyway? Despite the hate, I'm sure the exposure will get some new players from here. The one thread in gaming a while back had me thinking of trying this out even though I do not particularly enjoy MMOs. The Imperial Agent's campaign is just great so far and I'm glad I decided to give this a chance.

Just applied for membership on Torgaf.com, anything else I need to do in order to join the guild?

Going home for lunch in 20 minutes, going to play for an hour.

Cystm

You might as well put it in the EA is the most hated company thread. :p

I am not going to put a lot of effort into it lol.

But,

Maybe someone should make a thread, anyway? Despite the hate, I'm sure the exposure will get some new players from here. The one thread in gaming a while back had me thinking of trying this out even though I do not particularly enjoy MMOs. The Imperial Agent's campaign is just great so far and I'm glad I decided to give this a chance.

I'll make the thread for this.

Top Bottom