• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Cystm

PVP leveling is great. And yes, Huttball is the best, no matter what all the non-sorc/assassin/jugg/mara folks say.

I will shit on the other team all game on my smuggler and utilize my knockbacks and stuns so that my ball carrier can cross the goal line all day.

I finished Infinite this week and I am looking forward to getting my sorc to 50 so that I can heal bot Yooni and co.

Where you at Imps?

Thinking about picking this up again and playing. How active is the gaf guild and which side do you guys play on?

I have two 50's but id probably just start over for now to relearn the game.

kmz

Neo Member
Oof, Yooni... I thought I was doing bad on my sniper there, until I saw I had the highest DPS in our group, lol.

(Well, actually I am still pretty bad at my sniper, still learning and shit. But damn.)

Alur

Oof, Yooni... I thought I was doing bad on my sniper there, until I saw I had the highest DPS in our group, lol.

(Well, actually I am still pretty bad at my sniper, still learning and shit. But damn.)

That was a fun one. For our team at least. We apologize!

HBroward

To be fair, Yooni had me on Camfound and Qruul(Alur) on Xalles pocket healing him. He's been putting those numbers up all night, it's been pretty ridiculous honestly.

kmz

Neo Member
Heh, yeah, I had highest DPS at less than 70k and I don't think anybody had higher than 50k healing for our team.

And there was a post here or on the SWTOR subreddit where somebody mentioned Dreadtooth running after them in warzones with the implication it was you, Yooni... plus, if you got Kephess it would only make sense to have DT too.

Draxal

Does makeb provide a new companion at all? Doesn't seem like it, but I'm wondering if there's another HK/ship droid type companion.

kmz

Neo Member
Hasn't been mentioned anywhere so highly doubtful.

They have mentioned that future companions are more likely than not to be similar to HK, faction or game wide.

smr00

Banned
Didn't play for a month and i totally forgot how to play my bounty hunter /cry

I want to get back into the game full time but i am having a tough time deciding if i want to continue my hunter or make another class. Specifically a class that has no problems soloing the game since i know no one who plays.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So I preordered this Hutt Cartel expac awhile ago when it was cheap and so feel compelled to come back for at least a month. Are there any gaffers still active on empire? Any website that summarizes the class changes or new abilities succinctly?

Also can you transfer servers yet?

Vestal

I want to get back into the game full time but i am having a tough time deciding if i want to continue my hunter or make another class. Specifically a class that has no problems soloing the game since i know no one who plays.
I am currently leveling a Powertech BH Tank and I have zero problems soloing with Mako as my companion. Its freaking awesome..

Jugger/Knight is also a very good "solo" class. But you have to remember with LFF added you will be able to get into flashpoints easily.

smr00

Banned
I am currently leveling a Powertech BH Tank and I have zero problems soloing with Mako as my companion. Its freaking awesome..

Jugger/Knight is also a very good "solo" class. But you have to remember with LFF added you will be able to get into flashpoints easily.
What is a powertech BH?

I basically want a class that is perfect for solo but easy to play in instances where i can just sit back and snipe or attack from a distance. I am not good at being the tank or healer because i sometimes get overwhelmed with the responsibility and i know it sounds silly but sometimes its just too much. I just want to sit back and pew pew. I really want to continue playing my current BH but i don't know any rotations or anything and i tried looking up some but some people are like use X build no no use this build no that build sucks use this build *smacks head*

Vestal

What is a powertech BH?

I basically want a class that is perfect for solo but easy to play in instances where i can just sit back and snipe or attack from a distance. I am not good at being the tank or healer because i sometimes get overwhelmed with the responsibility and i know it sounds silly but sometimes its just too much. I just want to sit back and pew pew. I really want to continue playing my current BH but i don't know any rotations or anything and i tried looking up some but some people are like use X build no no use this build no that build sucks use this build *smacks head*

Powertech is the Heavy Armor wearing BH, who has access to both Tank and DPS specs. The other BH is the Merc which can heal or DPS.

Hmm given how resources work for a BH in particular in which you need to pay a lot of attention to your Heat I would say you are talking about playing something like a DPS Sage, were its pretty much just sit back and relax, with how the tree is setup you will never run out of mana. The rotation for them is pretty straight forward as well. Dunno how the Smugg/Agent would fit into your playstyle since I havent delved too far into that archetype.

I want to ride a hutt.
So I preordered this Hutt Cartel expac awhile ago when it was cheap and so feel compelled to come back for at least a month. Are there any gaffers still active on empire? Any website that summarizes the class changes or new abilities succinctly?

I think the GAF Empire guild still exists but serves as an alt guild for the Republic guild currently. I don't know of a website that gives a detailed look at the class changes in 2.0.

And no, you still can't transfer servers yet. That may be due to the new legacy achievement system coming in 2.0 but the wait for a service like this hurts.

Tarazet

Is your BH a Mercenary? They're a good solo class, lots of ranged abilities and your first companion is a healer. Stealth is king for solo PvE content, though. So if that's what you like to do, roll a Tankasin for maximum lols.

Alur

Only GAF Empire folks still going are me, Trev, and Predeesh/Yooni to my knowledge. Trevin and Predeesh still raid and Predeesh does rated PVP with another guild. Cheeks/Pamela is still around somewhere too.

EDIT: And yeah, no server transfers yet. HBroward/Trevin would be the one to ask for class change list, he probably has one bookmarked somewhere.

Milly79

The monthly Priapus check-in. :p

HBroward

I don't know of any good summaries for the class changes, the best bet would just be going to the PTS forums and reading through the patch notes.

KePoW

Banned
Does anyone know where the HK part in Dromund Kaas is? I've never done it before, but I've got all the parts except that one.

Any tips on location?

kmz

Neo Member
http://pts.swtor-spy.com/ has the 2.0 trees, though I'm not sure how updated/accurate it is in terms of the final PTS state. (And final PTS state is not final 2.0 state either.)

The Dromund Kaas HK part is somewhere in the Dark Temple approach... I think there'll be a marker on your map as to the approximate location. I've heard it's one of the more annoying ones to find because of the large area, but we were lucky and somebody had found it like, literally 5 seconds earlier right by where we approached the area. It'll also be harder now because there's a lot less people simultaneously searching.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/ has the 2.0 trees, though I'm not sure how updated/accurate it is in terms of the final PTS state. (And final PTS state is not final 2.0 state either.)

The Dromund Kaas HK part is somewhere in the Dark Temple approach... I think there'll be a marker on your map as to the approximate location. I've heard it's one of the more annoying ones to find because of the large area, but we were lucky and somebody had found it like, literally 5 seconds earlier right by where we approached the area. It'll also be harder now because there's a lot less people simultaneously searching.
Yeah the Kaas part was probably the biggest pain in the ass to find. Also I didn't know the lockbox they give you at the end is for an alt. I opened it up to look inside and saw they were the same parts that HK comes with. I felt like an idiot.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Does anyone know where the HK part in Dromund Kaas is? I've never done it before, but I've got all the parts except that one.

Any tips on location?

I don't know how much it changes but I found mine outside that place with the possessed people. Sorry, I can't remember the name, I don't really play Imps.

kmz

Neo Member
Yeah the Kaas part was probably the biggest pain in the ass to find. Also I didn't know the lockbox they give you at the end is for an alt. I opened it up to look inside and saw they were the same parts that HK comes with. I felt like an idiot.

The box was actually to make up for a bug where some people's HKs showed up without any gear. They just gave everybody a box to make up for it. If you didn't have the bug originally, it's just bonus droid gear/vendor trash. Any alt you unlock HK on he comes with a full set of gear already. (Which is all unusable gear if you're under 50.)

KePoW

Banned

Thanks guys for the answers.

Sounds like it's going to be a pain, because like you said, no one else is searching for it anymore. And it looks like a huge area.

kmz

Neo Member
Let's see if that crying is joyful at their actually fixing it or sadness at yet another botched fix...

smr00

Banned
Powertech is the Heavy Armor wearing BH, who has access to both Tank and DPS specs. The other BH is the Merc which can heal or DPS.

Hmm given how resources work for a BH in particular in which you need to pay a lot of attention to your Heat I would say you are talking about playing something like a DPS Sage, were its pretty much just sit back and relax, with how the tree is setup you will never run out of mana. The rotation for them is pretty straight forward as well. Dunno how the Smugg/Agent would fit into your playstyle since I havent delved too far into that archetype.
dps sage? Is that um.. Sorc right? I have a lvl 20 Sith Inquisitor/Sorc but wasn't feeling the healing (i went with more of a healing spec) haven't tried DPS but i might just do that.

Also are there anything worth getting off the Cartel Marketplace? Between previous subs and the 60 day sub ive got like 1200 points just sitting in my account because i never used them. I was debating about forking over the $ to get the ultimate XP bundle but i don't know if it's worth it, i just want to level fast.

The box was actually to make up for a bug where some people's HKs showed up without any gear. They just gave everybody a box to make up for it. If you didn't have the bug originally, it's just bonus droid gear/vendor trash. Any alt you unlock HK on he comes with a full set of gear already. (Which is all unusable gear if you're under 50.)
So wait. If you unlock him using the legacy perk does he come with 50 gear too on a low level alt?

kmz

Neo Member
So wait. If you unlock him using the legacy perk does he come with 50 gear too on a low level alt?

Yep. I've unlocked him at level 1 on a couple of alts and on one hand it's hilarious because even without any usable gear he wrecks shit. On the other hand once you get into higher level content (where the game expects you to have a comp) you need to outfit him manually.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I can't believe they are finally fixing the memory leak. I want to cry.

I would temper your expectations. It quite possible that they fixed "a" memory leak instead of the "the" memory leak. It might not solve the problem for everyone but here's hoping.

Ok rolled a char on repub side, guess I have to be level 10 before I can whisper anyone seeing as I'm still running as a f2p. Probably won't sub until I graduate, senior year in college is kicking my ass.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
welp both my gaming desktop and laptop broke so looks like i won't be playin any games any time soon :(. GG

on top of that I got pneumonia my first week back to university with an ongoing std scare -_-. worst week ever

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
well they broke the game

crashes to desktop after reaching the loading screen every single time

if this is due to the backend stuff for the expansion, it doesn't bode well for the hutt cartel launch

well they broke the game

if this is due to the backend stuff for the expansion, it doesn't bode well for the hutt cartel launch
Seems like people are working around it by running the launcher in compatibility mode under Windows XP SP3.

StudioTan

well they broke the game

Which is probably why they put this stuff in this week instead of next. Gives them time to work on a fix.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
ended up getting it to run through some combination of setting compatibility to windows 7 (which I'm already running but I guess it means 32 bit), running both launcher and exe as administrator and unchecking "remember this account" on the launcher screen.

what in the hell did they actually do?

StudioTan

New dev blog up about Legacy Achievements.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130403

Looks like a good system, gives me something else to do.

ended up getting it to run through some combination of setting compatibility to windows 7 (which I'm already running but I guess it means 32 bit), running both launcher and exe as administrator and unchecking "remember this account" on the launcher screen.

what in the hell did they actually do?

No idea, I'm running Windows 8 64bit and everything worked fine.

Top Bottom