• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Thinking of rolling a new Republic character after getting my Jugg to 30 last night.

Definitely will be Cathar (male, will create a female later) but not sure what class. I just recently made a female Mirialan Sage too.

I also just realized something. Some variation of my name would be very appropriate for him lol.

Zafir

The dye pack idea is such bs. Typical EA money making scheme. All you ever get in them is the same shitty colour combinations.

Sorian

Banned
The dye pack idea is such bs. Typical EA money making scheme. All you ever get in them is the same shitty colour combinations.

That's how packs work in this game. There is the chance of the rare but it is just that, rare. That's why black/black is selling for 5mil+ (at least on my server). Is it a tad unfair? Maybe but no one is forcing you to dish out money on the packs, wait another week or two and the dye prices will be down to normal.

Zafir

That's how packs work in this game. There is the chance of the rare but it is just that, rare. That's why black/black is selling for 5mil+ (at least on my server). Is it a tad unfair? Maybe but no one is forcing you to dish out money on the packs, wait another week or two and the dye prices will be down to normal.
I know that I've been playing since launch. The cartel packs I don't mind, since I think it's atleast done quite well in those, where you get different tiers of items in each pack.

I think dye packs would be better with a similar system. One of them being uncommon, and the other a blue with a chance of purple level. At the moment you just end up getting the same uncommon dyes 99% of the time.

I don't see them dropping down that low honestly. You can't rip dyes out of your gear so there will always be a need to get more, which will keep the price of the black and black dye at least at around 1mil for the time being.

Its sloppy how it was done, but they better at least put more dyes in that don't need cartel market to get. If they do nothing but keep putting all the dyes on the cartel market, fail.

Sorian

Banned
I know that I've been playing since launch. The cartel packs I don't mind, since I think it's atleast done quite well in those, where you get different tiers of items in each pack.

I think dye packs would be better with a similar system. One of them being uncommon, and the other a blue with a chance of purple level. At the moment you just end up getting the same uncommon dyes 99% of the time.

I don't see them dropping down that low honestly. You can't rip dyes out of your gear so there will always be a need to get more, which will keep the price of the black and black dye at least at around 1mil for the time being.

Eh, I'm sure they were going for a cartel pack type system but they didn't release enough dyes for that. Little things make me think that this patch wasn't ready to release (low selection of dyes, extra custamization for some races but not a majority, etc.) but in the end, this patch was all about customizing characters which can be fun but isn't really that important which is why I'm glad they got it out of the way so that we can now look forward to 2.2 with a new WZ (probably) or a new flashpoint, op, or event (less likely).

Its sloppy how it was done, but they better at least put more dyes in that don't need cartel market to get. If they do nothing but keep putting all the dyes on the cartel market, fail.

Why fail? The cartel market is there, specifically, for things like this. If this is what it takes for the game to make money and have content release in a timely manner, they can throw all the fluff stuff they want up on the market.

Milly79

I didn't see this posted, so I apologize if it was. Pretty interesting stuff out of the Dallas cantina tour. I know a lot of it we know about, but it's good too see where things are at.

-SSSP: Super secret space project is definitely still in the works. And I quote: "IT IS AWESOME!" But no details given.

-Guild Ships: This is one of the devs pet projects. He has been working on it for a very long time and swears it will be amazing. But they don't want to release something without the bells and whistles.

-Guild Stuff: Other guild stuff mentioned was an increase in the number of guild bank tabs/slots as well as a way to auto collect a tax of some kind that goes into the bank. Lots of stuff on the "wall of crazy".

-Housing: In the works, on the wall of crazy.

-Legacy Messaging: If you remember, the last patch prior to 2.1 introduced a bug that caused any messages being sent to a player that just logged off and back onto an alt to automatically go to the alt. This immediately went on the wall of crazy to be implemented properly at a later date so that if you are talking to someone and log to an alt you will get to continue your conversation.

-Knights/Warriors: The thought process behind alacrity was that if GDC decreased then the player could not only attack faster to increase dps, but it would also decrease the cool down on rebuilding focus/rage as well since alacrity doesn't recharge "energy" for that class like other classes. They realize it's not working as intended and are working to fix that.

-Subscribers: Let's just say a few posts after 2.1 got their attention. They fumbled the ball on the wording of the Jeff Hickman blog post and are currently in meetings to determine how they can show subscribers more love. They promise that you will never be able to "buy power" from the CM and I was personally guaranteed the ship parts fiasco would never happen again. The CM will be strictly for vanity items and buying access to content for F2Pers.

-F2P: Contrary to popular belief, F2Pers are NOT the ones buying the most stuff from the CM. It was never clarified whether this means the bulk of purchases is strictly coming from subs or from a combination of subs and preferred status players. (Though this does beg the question of whether F2P is even beneficial if its still subs and sub CM purchases supporting the game.) They are tentatively (TENTATIVELY!) considering removing the limit on the amount of WZ's a F2Per can play in a given week, BUT only if they determine a way in which it doesn't negatively affect subs.

-Crafting: So 2.0 introduced some quirks in crafting. (Duh.) They know this and are working on it. The comments on the GUI for crafting being designed around a potential mobile platform was reaffirmed to me. Unfortunately, the web team (not like the web PR team, but the guys who do like web integration for billing/cartel market, etc) are in charge of that and no one from their team was present. I was told that likely, the mobile platform would first introduce an armory and then would add features like access to crafting missions and GTN, etc. But that is all hypothetical right now, so I wouldn't expect this for some time.

-2.2: The next patch is going to be a huge content update. No details given.

-PvP: Some time post-2.2, and I'm paraphrasing, PvPers are going to be really really happy. It was not explained whether this would be a new WZ or Open World PvP or both or something entirely new. But it sure sounded like a patch focused on PvP'ers. (About time!)

-Classes: If you were curious, class balance questions were off limits. So nothing to see here.

Draxal

Why fail? The cartel market is there, specifically, for things like this. If this is what it takes for the game to make money and have content release in a timely manner, they can throw all the fluff stuff they want up on the market.

Let's just say if you peruse the general boards, and you see the Dallas Cantina summary ... alot of people are pissed off at the cartel market right now having everything.

-F2P: Contrary to popular belief, F2Pers are NOT the ones buying the most stuff from the CM. It was never clarified whether this means the bulk of purchases is strictly coming from subs or from a combination of subs and preferred status players. (Though this does beg the question of whether F2P is even beneficial if its still subs and sub CM purchases supporting the game.) They are tentatively (TENTATIVELY!) considering removing the limit on the amount of WZ's a F2Per can play in a given week, BUT only if they determine a way in which it doesn't negatively affect subs.
I don't get this. Why would removing the weekly cap of warzones for F2P accounts affect subscribers negatively? I see this as only a good thing for people that actually want to PvP. Gives you a bigger pool of people to play with every day.

It's like this and flashpoints I don't understand as to why there's a cap.

Sorian

Banned
Let's just say if you peruse the general boards, and you see the Dallas Cantina summary ... alot of people are pissed off at the cartel market right now having everything.

I say this as a sub and as someone who started the game about a week or two after launch. People need to deal with it. The cartel market is working as intended and in the most optimal way. The only slip was when they put the ship parts in (which was right at the beginning so I guess not too big of a deal anymore). Otherwise, the market has been and seems to always will be a vanity shop. Patch 2.1 was a vanity patch, there is no content behind the cartel market paywall. In the end, if you want to play the cather, that is a vanity option, same for dyes, and same for editing your character after creation or adding more hairstyles/tatoos. I would have rather had a real patch but it seems that 2.2 will have the real content and that will get in during the normal content cycle of 8 weeks after the last content patch (2.0).

I don't get this. Why would removing the weekly cap of warzones for F2P accounts affect subscribers negatively? I see this as only a good thing for people that actually want to PvP. Gives you a bigger pool of people to play with every day.

When they say negatively affect subs, I believe they mean removing the cap would have some people stop subbing and go to preferred instead.

When they say negatively affect subs, I believe they mean removing the cap would have some people stop subbing and go to preferred instead.
Didn't think about that. I guess that would drive some people to stop paying. Stuff like that makes me wish they had a subscriber benefits plan like RIFT or TERA in place. It would probably help the game out a lot.

Draxal

I say this as a sub and as someone who started the game about a week or two after launch. People need to deal with it. The cartel market is working as intended and in the most optimal way. The only slip was when they put the ship parts in (which was right at the beginning so I guess not too big of a deal anymore). Otherwise, the market has been and seems to always will be a vanity shop. Patch 2.1 was a vanity patch, there is no content behind the cartel market paywall. In the end, if you want to play the cather, that is a vanity option, same for dyes, and same for editing your character after creation or adding more hairstyles/tatoos. I would have rather had a real patch but it seems that 2.2 will have the real content and that will get in during the normal content cycle of 8 weeks after the last content patch (2.0).

I'ts doing well for now, but I'm not convinced it isnt a bubble as of the moment for the cartel/dye packs; people aren't going to buy them at the rate they' been releasing them (except the 1%ers), unless they add more rng protection.

It's the 1%ers who pretty much buy all the cartel packs and are subsidizing the market for the rest of us. It's pretty much how all f2p works.

Sorian

Banned
I'm just hoping they figured out some tech and we are gonna have cross server queuing in reference to the PvP stuff.

I feel like that is the natural next step that they would be pointing towards. Cross-server for both PvE and PvP.

I'ts doing well for now, but I'm not convinced it isnt a bubble as of the moment for the cartel/dye packs

It's the 1%ers who pretty much buy all the cartel packs and are subsidizing the market for the rest of us. It's pretty much how all f2p works.

It may be a bubble, I think we can't judge that yet but if it is, they did just reinforce that bubble because now it seems they will be releasing hairstyles/tattoos/scars?/eye colors and such per race as opposed to an overall unlock which will keep more peopel interested and looking into the cartel market waiting for their main race to get new things. I also can't really get behind the whole 1%ers thing when people bring up the market. Yes, there are people blowing 200$+ everytime a new pack comes out so that they can get everything out of it but I think a majority of players (or at least very close to half) toss in money for a couple packs everytime a new one comes out. It wouldn't surprise me if I am overexaggerating that but they get some healthy business everytime a new pack is released, I am sure.

Draxal

I feel like that is the natural next step that they would be pointing towards. Cross-server for both PvE and PvP.

It may be a bubble, I think we can't judge that yet but if it is, they did just reinforce that bubble because now it seems they will be releasing hairstyles/tattoos/scars?/eye colors and such per race as opposed to an overall unlock which will keep more peopel interested and looking into the cartel market waiting for their main race to get new things. I also can't really get behind the whole 1%ers thing when people bring up the market. Yes, there are people blowing 200$+ everytime a new pack comes out so that they can get everything out of it but I think a majority of players (or at least very close to half) toss in money for a couple packs everytime a new one comes out. It wouldn't surprise me if I am overexaggerating that but they get some healthy business everytime a new pack is released, I am sure.

There are definitely that spend around $10 dollars on the newer cartel packs (and more likely they're spending it on the normal equipment unlocks instead of packs now), but it's more likely $1000 and higher for the one percenters. Cartel packs are meant for them really.

Sorian

Banned
There are definitely that spend around $10 dollars on the newer cartel packs (and more likely they're spending it on the normal equipment unlocks instead of packs now), but it's more likely $1000 and higher for the one percenters. Cartel packs are meant for them really.

1000$ every time a new pack comes out? Geez, I guess anything is possible but that has to be a little hyperbolic. Personally, I usually spring for a hypercrate when a new pack comes out. I feel a little silly afterwards but I really don't mind spending the extra. I have an income where it doesn't matter all that much and this is a game that I actually don't mind supporting (though I haven't really gotten an update to the thing I care about most which is the individual class stories but I'm sure I'll see some progress before 2014 hits). It is always nice when I open a cartel pack and I get the "flavor of the week" as I like to call it, usually the nice speeder going on the GTN for 2-3mil.

The cm already doubled their revenue without it, and we keep getting more stuff added that requires the cm. As has been noted already, they have put out a lot and attached a price to it all. Its available for gtn purchases? Yea at the ridiculous prices players charge. They were going to give us stuff for crafting and non and non cm dyes, yet majority and most popular were held by the pay wall. As subscribers its been a long time since we have gotten any content for our money, its been months of content we have to pay extra for. At least they are realizing this mkstake. Its fine to add stuff to the cm, but they also need to show subscribers that we are getting our moneys worth. Also all the cm additions just feels like it diminishes our monthly cartel coin rewards unlike what they say when they talk of considering our monthly allowances when pricing things. Our money is getting pulled in more directions basically.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I didn't see this posted, so I apologize if it was. Pretty interesting stuff out of the Dallas cantina tour. I know a lot of it we know about, but it's good too see where things are at.

-SSSP: Super secret space project is definitely still in the works. And I quote: "IT IS AWESOME!" But no details given.

-Guild Ships: This is one of the devs pet projects. He has been working on it for a very long time and swears it will be amazing. But they don't want to release something without the bells and whistles.

-Guild Stuff: Other guild stuff mentioned was an increase in the number of guild bank tabs/slots as well as a way to auto collect a tax of some kind that goes into the bank. Lots of stuff on the "wall of crazy".

-Housing: In the works, on the wall of crazy.

-Legacy Messaging: If you remember, the last patch prior to 2.1 introduced a bug that caused any messages being sent to a player that just logged off and back onto an alt to automatically go to the alt. This immediately went on the wall of crazy to be implemented properly at a later date so that if you are talking to someone and log to an alt you will get to continue your conversation.

-Knights/Warriors: The thought process behind alacrity was that if GDC decreased then the player could not only attack faster to increase dps, but it would also decrease the cool down on rebuilding focus/rage as well since alacrity doesn't recharge "energy" for that class like other classes. They realize it's not working as intended and are working to fix that.

-Subscribers: Let's just say a few posts after 2.1 got their attention. They fumbled the ball on the wording of the Jeff Hickman blog post and are currently in meetings to determine how they can show subscribers more love. They promise that you will never be able to "buy power" from the CM and I was personally guaranteed the ship parts fiasco would never happen again. The CM will be strictly for vanity items and buying access to content for F2Pers.

-Crafting: So 2.0 introduced some quirks in crafting. (Duh.) They know this and are working on it. The comments on the GUI for crafting being designed around a potential mobile platform was reaffirmed to me. Unfortunately, the web team (not like the web PR team, but the guys who do like web integration for billing/cartel market, etc) are in charge of that and no one from their team was present. I was told that likely, the mobile platform would first introduce an armory and then would add features like access to crafting missions and GTN, etc. But that is all hypothetical right now, so I wouldn't expect this for some time.

-2.2: The next patch is going to be a huge content update. No details given.

-PvP: Some time post-2.2, and I'm paraphrasing, PvPers are going to be really really happy. It was not explained whether this would be a new WZ or Open World PvP or both or something entirely new. But it sure sounded like a patch focused on PvP'ers. (About time!)

-Classes: If you were curious, class balance questions were off limits. So nothing to see here.

Did you actually go or did you copy that info from somewhere? Interesting that they are actually working on housing. I figured that our ships would always be considered our "house".

Sorian

Banned
The cm already doubled their revenue without it, and we keep getting more stuff added that requires the cm. As has been noted already, they have put out a lot and attached a price to it all. Its available for gtn purchases? Yea at the ridiculous prices players charge. They were going to give us stuff for crafting and non and non cm dyes, yet majority and most popular were held by the pay wall. As subscribers its been a long time since we have gotten any content for our money, its been months of content we have to pay extra for. At least they are realizing this mkstake. Its fine to add stuff to the cm, but they also need to show subscribers that we are getting our moneys worth. Also all the cm additions just feels like it diminishes our monthly cartel coin rewards unlike what they say when they talk of considering our monthly allowances when pricing things. Our money is getting pulled in more directions basically.

It is still a vanity item and is completely up for grabs for the cartel market, that's the design of it. With that being said, the only "content" we had to pay for was the level cap increase and the leveling method. This is standard faire for MMOs and honestly, they gave it to us at a complete steal. Otherwise, we have been receiving all content for free as it releases. Now, you can have issue with the rate that we have been receiving content and I can understand that, to an extent, but I believe the rate we have been getting things has been fine (I will admit PvP has been lacking but I'm not a dedicated PvPer so I haven't noticed it as much as others).

It is still a vanity item and is completely up for grabs for the cartel market, that's the design of it. With that being said, the only "content" we had to pay for was the level cap increase and the leveling method. This is standard faire for MMOs and honestly, they gave it to us at a complete steal. Otherwise, we have been receiving all content for free as it releases. Now, you can have issue with the rate that we have been receiving content and I can understand that, to an extent, but I believe the rate we have been getting things has been fine (I will admit PvP has been lacking but I'm not a dedicated PvPer so I haven't noticed it as much as others).

That's exactly it and what most folks are saying, its been too long. With the schedule for 2.2, it is going to be about 4 months since they have added any actual content for subscribers. Makeb and such was nice, but again we paid to access it and everything else they have put out during this time. The expansion was real good value yes, but they still need to give paying subscribers value for their monthly fee. The timing of 2.1 was just poorly done.

Milly79

I don't understand how player housing is going to work in a theme park. Will it be instanced? That's the only thing I can see.

Sorian

Banned
That's exactly it and what most folks are saying, its been too long. With the schedule for 2.2, it is going to be about 4 months since they have added any actual content for subscribers. Makeb and such was nice, but again we paid to access it and everything else they have put out during this time. The expansion was real good value yes, but they still need to give paying subscribers value for their monthly fee. The timing of 2.1 was just poorly done.

The schedule ends up being eight weeks for each content patch. They haven't strayed from that at all. At the end of the day, Makeb was still a content patch that made it out in time and I really can't fault them for having a charge attached to it. Rule of thumb is that 2.0,3.0,4.0, etc. are all going to be behind some type of paywall because thats just how things fly. The timing of 2.1 isn't the problem so much as the fact that the patch may as well have been 2.0.5. It was just a glorified cosmetic update for the game and didn't need a real patch name and all of that. 2.2 is the real thing next up on the table and it'll still be out when it was supposed to be.

I don't understand how player housing is going to work in a theme park. Will it be instanced? That's the only thing I can see.

I don't see why it wouldn't be instanced. It would be no different than your ship/hanger.

Other themeparks like rift did it with separate instanced zone just for housing.

Frankly housing seems like a waste and just not very.... star wars. If anything they should concentrate on making our ships are home with customization. Having housing seems redundant and hopefully low on their list of stuff to add.

Sorian

Banned
Other themeparks like rift did it with separate instanced zone just for housing.

Frankly housing seems like a waste and just not very.... star wars. If anything they should concentrate on making our ships are home with customization. Having housing seems redundant and hopefully low on their list of stuff to add.

Agreed 100%, make the ship our home.

Group finder for ops is so useless. It's either really buggy or no one queues ever. After an hour and half, got it to pop for the first time ever, we make it to the final op boss and some dude rage quits because one player makes a mistake, so we re-queue to get ONE dps to finish. Half hour goes by and the group finder can not find a single dps?

Have had it happen in flashpoints too, where even replacing a single dps seems to never happen. And why we can't queue for the original 3 ops when we are 55 is so pointless when we are allowed to sign up for the old flashpoints that are even easier?

Bombless

So I haven't played for about a year and came back about 2 weeks ago, just logging in to see what's going on.

Given the surprising amount of players I found and the fact there is a bloody groupfinder I decided to sub again and get my Trooper to 50 (quit at 49).

Did anything change in the space missions or is it still just 6 (was it 6?9?) different missions with the same objectives? Always thought they failed big time in that regard, with a bit more interraction and more voiceovers it would had been a killer feature.

I got a pack off the CM which is supposed to give access to HK47. There has to be a questline to get him i suppose but i can't seem to find any clue about it.

Also just finished the trooper's Chapter 3...It was ALMOST great. Also I think I encountered a bug
You find a kickass boss droid and reactivate it, it starts shooting imps all over but after that it didn't move an inch, it just stood there and I had to go on without it.
The issues with cutscenes timing / stiffness is still there too /sigh

And I still get the stupid bug with the speeder not having engine sound playing at least half the time I pull one out. Same for companion chatter when rightclicking them.

So I haven't played for about a year and came back about 2 weeks ago, just logging in to see what's going on.

Given the surprising amount of players I found and the fact there is a bloody groupfinder I decided to sub again and get my Trooper to 50 (quit at 49).

Did anything change in the space missions or is it still just 6 (was it 6?9?) different missions with the same objectives? Always thought they failed big time in that regard, with a bit more interraction and more voiceovers it would had been a killer feature.

I got a pack off the CM which is supposed to give access to HK47. There has to be a questline to get him i suppose but i can't seem to find any clue about it.

Also just finished the trooper's Chapter 3...It was ALMOST great. Also I think I encountered a bug
You find a kickass boss droid and reactivate it, it starts shooting imps all over but after that it didn't move an inch, it just stood there and I had to go on without it.

And I still get the stupid bug with the speeder not having engine sound playing at least half the time I pull one out. Same for companion chatter when rightclicking them.

They added 6 more space missions, hard mode ones that were a huge jump in challenge. They were meant to be like endgame and were much more twitch based and require a person to also constantly convert their power from guns to shields back and forth. They have a different one assigned as a daily each day of the week and give you end game coms. Other than that they haven't added to the space stuff though there might be more end game missions added since they previewed one while back that was never added to the game yet. And there is a space project that they say is coming but no details

Cystm

I would like to see them do this:

Add a new zone to a few planets that make sense for player housing.

Allow a new crew skill that specializes in creating player house, while still offering unique player houses to be purchased off the GTN.

Players are free to place their house anywhere they choose in their faction specific portions of the map.

Players with enough houses next to each other can form towns.

Towns can branch into cities, and eventually capitals or Military Compounds and eventually Military Headquarters.

Zones can be "Controlled" by

I'll post more later. Game of Thrones is on. You get the gist though.

Milly79

That sounds amazing, I just doubt that is the route they will go. The player housing in sandbox games sounds too good, I just wish we could have that. :(

antonz

I would like to see them do this:

Add a new zone to a few planets that make sense for player housing.

Allow a new crew skill that specializes in creating player house, while still offering unique player houses to be purchased off the GTN.

Players are free to place their house anywhere they choose in their faction specific portions of the map.

Players with enough houses next to each other can form towns.

Towns can branch into cities, and eventually capitals or Military Compounds and eventually Military Headquarters.

Zones can be "Controlled" by

I'll post more later. Game of Thrones is on. You get the gist though.

I would think they have experience with this based on the fact they have people who created the best housing system in MMOs working there.

Had the pimpest spot on Naboo right on the mountain below the Emperors retreat. Fantastic access to my ship etc.

That and City Defense was some of the most fun a guild could have back in the day with Galaxies.

Cystm

I would think they have experience with this based on the fact they have people who created the best housing system in MMOs working there.

Had the pimpest spot on Naboo right on the mountain below the Emperors retreat. Fantastic access to my ship etc.

That and City Defense was some of the most fun a guild could have back in the day with Galaxies.

I agree! Which is why I think this should be a no brainer for them.

The potential for dynamic and engaging gameplay via player driven towns/cities is huge, and I think this is something developers should be revolutionizing for their MMOs.

Bring on the Guild vs Guild battles.
Bring on the Towns that are truly player driven and seek to be the beacon of their servers might by growing exponentially.
Bring on the mother fucking Moisture Farmers.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

It's probably too late but if you subbed you don't need to buy access to HK, you just need to go to Section X to start the quest line.

Alur

I'm just hoping they figured out some tech and we are gonna have cross server queuing in reference to the PvP stuff.

I'm sure I will have been back and already and then quit again by that point...but whenever this happens, I am 100% all over this.

I agree! Which is why I think this should be a no brainer for them.

The potential for dynamic and engaging gameplay via player driven towns/cities is huge, and I think this is something developers should be revolutionizing for their MMOs.

Bring on the Guild vs Guild battles.
Bring on the Towns that are truly player driven and seek to be the beacon of their servers might by growing exponentially.
Bring on the mother fucking Moisture Farmers.

We likely won't get any of that here though, the engine is just not proven to be that dynamic and this is not a sandbox game. If anything it will probably be like rift, instanced zone house which serves no real game play purpose. Seeing how short bioware comes when they add anything to the game, I really can't have high expectations for any sort of "going the extra mile" from them on this. Look at the dye system, the group finder, etc. They always seem to half ass it compared to what other games have done. The only thing I have some hope on is the space project seeing how long its been in the works and the descriptions of it being totally different. I'm hoping for some surprise on that.

As said I just don't see housing being anything special or serving a purpose in this game being a heavily instanced theme park and not a sandbox, so it feels like a waste when they could just expand on the player ship which is essentially our housing.

Draxal

Bioware should just give the players a onetime 300 cartel market coins for being a suscriber. I wasn't complaining but the people who are complaining have a valid point.

My biggest pet peeve is the collections prices not making any sense whatsoever. There's no way the rascal's toothpick should cost 450 coins to unlock on all of your toons.

Bioware should just give the players a onetime 300 cartel market coins for being a suscriber. I wasn't complaining but the people who are complaining have a valid point.

My biggest pet peeve is the collections prices not making any sense whatsoever. There's no way the rascal's toothpick should cost 450 coins to unlock on all of your toons.
Some of the prices in collections are pretty bad. I don't have the toothpick but 450 to unlock that? Screw that.

Cystm

We likely won't get any of that here though, the engine is just not proven to be that dynamic and this is not a sandbox game

Perhaps, but I think they could make it work.
Sandbox game or not.

House interiors would have to be blue bar'd.

Instancing is unavoidable due to the limitations of the engine and trying to adhere to a catch all player system spec.

Player housing is a huge opportunity for them to bring something to the table that no one else has implemented really successfully since SWG and even with that, it had more potential than what was actually achieved.

I am certainly not holding my breath on any of this for obvious reasons, but I do think this is what this game needs and the genre should be innovating.

kmz

Neo Member
Some of the prices in collections are pretty bad. I don't have the toothpick but 450 to unlock that? Screw that.

A lot of Cartel unlock prices are just screwy. Some stuff is underpriced (fuck yeah rocket boots!) and a lot of stuff is overpriced. And sometimes just seemingly completely random.

kmz

Neo Member
I wonder if that would affect Underworld/Conq stacking as well. Probably. Guess it'll be back to a clicky for the 2nd slot for PVE and I guess a proc dmg one for PVP?

Milly79

I changed my names.

m4ihCdD.png

Welp. I think the recent patch screwed up all female Togrutas. Found another one in Nar Shaddaa that is just as screwed up as the one in my Taris picture.

Top Bottom