• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Man pvp has gone to absolute shit. Took a break for pve stuff and came back now and it's just fucking garbage. What did they do. And wtf at scoundrels rolling multiple times across a hutt ball arena to score. And getting stun locked killed all the time too. My lvl 53 with pvp gear has less hp than another sniper that is many levels under me? Bolster fail.

Giolon

Man pvp has gone to absolute shit. Took a break for pve stuff and came back now and it's just fucking garbage. What did they do. And wtf at scoundrels rolling multiple times across a hutt ball arena to score. And getting stun locked killed all the time too. My lvl 53 with pvp gear has less hp than another sniper that is many levels under me? Bolster fail.

Bolster IS still broken you know. A fix is supposed to be in tomorrow's patch. TBH though I doubt it'll fix all the bugs in it. :(

imotep

Neo Member
Hey guys, probably a dumb question but at cybertech 450 how do you get the schematic for say advanced resolve armoring 30? I know it's probably reverse engineering but what do you reverse engineer to get it?

Qvoth

so umm guys about that alignment thing...
should i try to stay neutral or try to go either full light or dark?
also, i sold all items that has the description "it has no use, but it can be sold to a vendor", it's ok right?
or i should start keeping those for crafting and shits? i know it says the items has no use but this has got to be the 1st game i've played where 95% of enemy drops have no use whatsoever so i'm a bit wary...

i'm Thorvinn level 8 jedi knight now, can i join the gaf guild thing or do i need to leave the noob planet 1st?

Milly79

Alignment is up to you. The only things bound to an alignment while leveling are relics, which aren't necessary (if you wanted to stay neutral). There are achievements for both sides of the spectrum, but I think that's about it.

The "it has no use" items are not used for anything.

You can join the GAF guild at level 1. Doesn't matter when. Just do /who GAF, and whisper anyone.

mileS

so umm guys about that alignment thing...
should i try to stay neutral or try to go either full light or dark?
also, i sold all items that has the description "it has no use, but it can be sold to a vendor", it's ok right?
or i should start keeping those for crafting and shits? i know it says the items has no use but this has got to be the 1st game i've played where 95% of enemy drops have no use whatsoever so i'm a bit wary...

i'm Thorvinn level 8 jedi knight now, can i join the gaf guild thing or do i need to leave the noob planet 1st?

I'm having a lot more fun with my Agent now that I stopped worrying about strictly answering light or dark ever single time. I'm still leaning heavy light in the end, but the story is much better when I'm not afraid to pick dark once and a while when it fits my character.

CzarTim

I'm having a lot more fun with my Agent now that I stopped worrying about strictly answering light or dark ever single time. I'm still leaning heavy light in the end, but the story is much better when I'm not afraid to pick dark once and a while when it fits my character.

You can turn off the option that tells you what answer is light/dark. I found it more enjoyable with it off.

mileS

You can turn off the option that tells you what answer is light/dark. I found it more enjoyable with it off.

Yea its off default now, but I turned it back on when I started. With the way I'm playing my character now, I might as well turn it off.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

I agree, I just played my character and answered as I thought he would. It was mostly light but not always.

Cystm

i saw a post stating neutral alignment is the only way to have different coloured lightsabers for sentinels
since i'm going sentinel, might as well go neutral :p

Play however you want. That post is not accurate. You can have whatever color you can get your hands on.

Draxal

Alignment is up to you. The only things bound to an alignment while leveling are relics, which aren't necessary (if you wanted to stay neutral). There are achievements for both sides of the spectrum, but I think that's about it.

The "it has no use" items are not used for anything.

You can join the GAF guild at level 1. Doesn't matter when. Just do /who GAF, and whisper anyone.

Some of the praxon mounts require full light or dark; and they're some of the nicest looking mounts in the game.

Some of the praxon mounts require full light or dark; and they're some of the nicest looking mounts in the game.

But are the far-light, far-dark items better in terms of stats, or is it entirely cosmetic stuff? Are there ever any items that require a neutral status?

I got an invite last night and I'm only like level 9.

I started the game on another server, and I have a level 20 and a couple more in the teens, so I was pretty bummed when I found out that Legacy items and Cartel unlocks don't transfer between servers. I've probably spent $30 in the past week over there. But if I want to play this game for the long haul I should probably just make the switch. Judging from the chat and the amount of people on, GAF seemed pretty active.

But are the far-light, far-dark items better in terms of stats, or is it entirely cosmetic stuff?

They don't do much, mostly just cosmetic. As you level you will randomly loot items with light/dark requirements, but they are not really better statted than other items you can get with no alignment. When the game launched they tried to make it that light/dark restricted what items visually a person could have, like certain colors of lightsaber crystals and such were restricted to specific alignment. Like most red sabers required dark. But people whined so BW caved and removed these restrictions on visuals.

The only unique thing for dark/light side are the relics and stuff like the exclusive mount/pet. Once you reach max level, the relics don't matter anymore as the upgrades are for anyone at that point. The main use for alignment really is for roleplay like purposes and for relics while you level. If you don't have an alignment of light or dark, you generally get no relics while you level. It's a large reason why players who are neutral want a neutral alignment added, as they are at a slight disadvantage while leveling through their class story. But really don't worry too much about it unless you really want too be strict on how you play or want those cosmetic items.

If you max out light or dark side on a character, it unlocks a new ability for your legacy that all your characters gain access too. For light side you get a buff that you can activate that gives you and your companion a 15% bonus to defense from what I recall. While the dark side legacy ability lets you hurt your companion to heal your character. These are nice little bonus that all characters get on your legacy even if they don't have the proper alignment, or even if the character who unlocked it changes their alignment.

Qvoth

They don't do much, mostly just cosmetic. As you level you will randomly loot items with light/dark requirements, but they are not really better statted than other items you can get with no alignment. When the game launched they tried to make it that light/dark restricted what items visually a person could have, like certain colors of lightsaber crystals and such were restricted to specific alignment. Like most red sabers required dark. But people whined so BW caved and removed these restrictions on visuals.

The only unique thing for dark/light side are the relics and stuff like the exclusive mount/pet. Once you reach max level, the relics don't matter anymore as the upgrades are for anyone at that point. The main use for alignment really is for roleplay like purposes and for relics while you level. If you don't have an alignment of light or dark, you generally get no relics while you level. It's a large reason why players who are neutral want a neutral alignment added, as they are at a slight disadvantage while leveling through their class story. But really don't worry too much about it unless you really want too be strict on how you play or want those cosmetic items.

If you max out light or dark side on a character, it unlocks a new ability for your legacy that all your characters gain access too. For light side you get a buff that you can activate that gives you and your companion a 15% bonus to defense from what I recall. While the dark side legacy ability lets you hurt your companion to heal your character. These are nice little bonus that all characters get on your legacy even if they don't have the proper alignment, or even if the character who unlocked it changes their alignment.

thanks for this!
1 more hour until maintenance ends right?

Servers up. Anyone know where the Customization kiosk is going to be on coruscant?

*Edit* Found it. Its by the crew skills vendors near the market area. No Idea why i just didn't check the map.

Yea creating a new cathar is much cheaper than changing a character into one.

Plastic surgery is expensive :p

So if a person buys one of the new packs, like the hair pack, do you get it for use with new character creation account wide?

Cystm

Yea creating a new cathar is much cheaper than changing a character into one.

Plastic surgery is expensive :p

So if a person buys one of the new packs, like the hair pack, do you get it for use with new character creation account wide?

Says in the store description: "Appearance Options are an account wide unlock."

Edit: 240 CC is super cheap, but I will wait until they are on the GTN for 1000 credits.

Edit 2: White eyes appearance options. Hmmmmm. 100 CC, hmmmmmmmmm.

Edit 3: I bought CC.
___ lol ___

Edit 4: White and White rare dye module. Tan where you at?

Bombless

I want to try all this stuff but I got hit with the login bug. Been stuck at the login screen for 10 mins now.

Le sigh.

Edit : Of course after just typing that I heard the login music starting in the headset. I'm through!

mileS

The idea of the Cartel Market collections is pretty awesome. Like for example, I have my pink-purple color crystal that gives +41 endurance, I pay 60 cartel points and I can unlock it on all my alts to retrieve whenever. Not sure if I can grab two on the same toon for dual sabers or pistols, haven't tested that yet. But its a neat feature none the less.

Unlocking the more pricey armor for all your toons costs a bit much, but damn 60pts for crystals on all my alts? pretty awesome

kmz

Neo Member
According to the notes once you unlock it you can dupe as many copies as you want on all your characters.

I hadn't even thought of the crystals... had just been thinking about skiffs and thrones for everybody but you're right, having those crystals is going to be awesome for alt leveling.

So many bugs, who would have figured not putting your big update on PTS would have issues! Geez.

And wtf at collections, if you have one piece of an armor set you can't access it unless you have collected the entire set first? Garbage

Draxal

So many bugs, who would have figured not putting your big update on PTS would have issues! Geez.

And wtf at collections, if you have one piece of an armor set you can't access it unless you have collected the entire set first? Garbage

Can you list the bugs (if any are gamebreaking). Kinda stuck at work.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The Cathar are really freaking cool. Trying to decide if I should make a new toon or change over one of my lower level ones.

screenshot_2013-05-14ugaos.jpg

Can you list the bugs (if any are gamebreaking). Kinda stuck at work.

Theres nothing game breaking no, just lot of stupid things that shouldn't have been missed like primary color dyes not even working right with unify colors.

Though some people are having extremely long load times now in the game or can't get launcher to work either... so for them... yea....

StudioTan

I just made one from scratch. Turning an existing character into one is a bit more expensive than just buying the unlock.

That's what I ended up doing, made a female sage.

Haven't played since like 1.2 or w/e the zombie planet was, anyway

Is the exp rate for preferred/nonsubs lower than it was before the F2P system?

Qvoth

ok guys, apparently free account players can't use the /who command...
i should be leaving the noob planet soon though, i think my next planet is coruscant or something?
once i reach there, should i add our guild's recruiter or something?
in game name is Thorvinn

Heysoos

Dye system is meh
Collections sounded cool, but it's meh

Ends up costing more to unlock most items than it does to simply buy them off the GTN

meh update

StudioTan

Dye system is meh
Collections sounded cool, but it's meh

Ends up costing more to unlock most items than it does to simply buy them off the GTN

meh update

Dyes depend on what you're dyeing. Some things look really cool in different colours, like the Classic Phantom set, and other look pretty bad. Plus I haven't seen a lot of the best colour combos yet since they're from the cartel market and still bound so not on the GTN yet.

Collections again depends on the item. I'm a smuggler so being able to get a second free pistol after buying 1 is pretty cool, not to mention having extras with different crystals.

I agree the systems could be much better though but I'm glad they're there and hopefully they'll be improved over time.

My Cathar sage is badass though :D

Qvoth

so.. i'm at the republic fleet now... can someone invite me to the guild? my nick is Thorvinn
free account user can't use /who command so i can't /who GAF like someone mentioned

as a free account user, my level cap is 50 am i right? i know subscribers can reach 55
is there any way at all for a free account player to get level 55?
because if there's no way then i think i'm giving up on the game lol

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so.. i'm at the republic fleet now... can someone invite me to the guild? my nick is Thorvinn
free account user can't use /who command so i can't /who GAF like someone mentioned

as a free account user, my level cap is 50 am i right? i know subscribers can reach 55
is there any way at all for a free account player to get level 55?
because if there's no way then i think i'm giving up on the game lol

I think level 55 is locked behind the expansion, not a subscription

Also, if you're coming to SWTOR only for the endgame stuff, which is a bad idea in the first place, you're boned without giving them money anyway. This game is more focused on story as you move your way up than it is focused on endgame.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The end game really is rolling another character. Once you've done that eight times, you've "won SWTOR". I know people want to hit their heads against the raids, world bosses, and grind reputation like this is WoW, but unless you're wanting to craft something cool or want a specific piece of armor for the look, you're really spinning your wheels.

Qvoth

i see... interesting....
anyway, still @ republic fleet, someone invite me to the guild, name is Thorvinn :(

edit: oh yeah i forgot, is there a credits to cartel money exchange system in this game? free accounts can't use purple level items i think... or at least i found a purple mod but i can't use it since it says i need the artifact equipment authorization which is 1200 cartel $
i only have 40 cartel $...

Top Bottom