• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Vyroxis

Banned
I logged into the game earlier today, and have spent the entire time mixing and matching CM armors to find an outfit I like.

3 hours of this. This is why I can't level toons anymore, I spend all my time changing how they look.

Also thinking of leveling another BH, a tank this time. Good idea, bad idea? I plan on leveling almost entirely through flashpoints as I have already done the entire story.

mileS

Sniper question

Just hit 50. I was planning ahead and saved 100 commendations. Looking to load up on mods and stuff from the Makeb vendor.

As far as I understand, secondary stats go like this?
- Accuracy to 100% > Power > Surge?

Haven't been following stuff that much lately but some people are saying crit is no longer ahead like it used to be? Any help would be appreciated.

Oh my god 55 republic are terrible on POT5, did all the good pubs quit after the bullshit on Illum at launch?

It's not like losing a game here or there, I'd say 70% of my games are losses. Empire seems to have a good composition most games, operative/sorc healers with tons of marauder, republic is like all the wierd offspecs and most sentinels.

I think bioware may have made the empire way too attractive...

Ayup, which is why i was entirely against the basic commendation pricing in the first place. It's like they don't bother testing their own game.

Think they were afraid with folks hoarding coms before the launch of the expansion and that players would be able to just pay creds to buy the mods anyways, but really it takes a lot longer to earn basic gear set than the elite. Elite coms rain from the sky in comparison for your time investment, while the 55fps drop 2 pieces of elite gear as well. Any alt I get to 55 now I just sigh at the money or time I'll have to put in to gear them up.

Vildiil

In reg's Imperials win a majority of the time on PoT5, in ranked Republic have some solid teams like Hostile Takeover and Hoth Ski Patrol. As a whole though yeah it is primarily an Imperial server.

Zafir

Hey folks,
I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.
How much do transfers cost?
Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.
How do I transfer a character?
Once the service is live in 2.2, you will be able to go to your account page here on swtor.com and transfer from there.
What happens if there is a name collision?
If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.
Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?
Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.
What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?
Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.
Is there a way to transfer a guild?
There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.
I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.
-eric
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6394323#post6394323

Details on server transfers. Cheaper than other games but I still think it's more expensive than it should be...

It's not bad, but will get expensive if players had a big legacy of characters. Course you don't want your character transfers to be too cheap which promotes people constantly abandoning ship especially when it comes to pvp.

HBroward

It's nice you get your whole legacy stuff coming with you even if just one character goes. I doubt I will be moving any characters though.

Zafir

Well, I have 7 50-55s and a good number of alts. I can't see myself paying £70+ to transfer them all. I'll most likely move my main, maybe another and leave the rest.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I will be moving one guy who I abandoned as soon as all this Legacy stuff was implemented. Unfortunately he was 43 at the time and I had no interest in rebuilding him.

Heysoos

Was thinking of moving one of my ~30 sith assassin I had on the fatman, but NOPE. Not anymore, I'll just level another.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Well, I have 7 50-55s and a good number of alts. I can't see myself paying £70+ to transfer them all. I'll most likely move my main, maybe another and leave the rest.

Keep in mind if you have a sub you can move 1 character every 3 months for free assuming you have a security key. $40 for 3 characters isn't bad. I have no plans to move though.

Balgosa

Neo Member
I have a question for all of you. For 4 years I worked on The Old Republic till the big layoffs hit. I was responsible for all the videos, in-game intros and such.

One of the series I had pitched and created was the Timeline series for the game.
I am curious how many people enjoyed watching those. And if you didn't watch them, what was the reason?

Thanks!

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I have a question for all of you. For 4 years I worked on The Old Republic till the big layoffs hit. I was responsible for all the videos, in-game intros and such.

One of the series I had pitched and created was the Timeline series for the game.
I am curious how many people enjoyed watching those. And if you didn't watch them, what was the reason?

Thanks!

I watched them all and enjoyed them. The provided good context leading up to the game, given the time gap between KOTOR and TOR. I'll admit I didn't look at them after the game went live, though... I'd already watched them.

Milly79

Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6398419#edit6398419

Thanks!
I liked the timeline series. As GungHo said it pretty much did its job in getting me set up for the game. It's a shame that those videos aren't listed on the site anymore. I can't seem to find them in the videos section under media. Looks like those developer diary videos aren't up there either.

Balgosa

Neo Member
I liked the timeline series. As GungHo said it pretty much did its job in getting me set up for the game. It's a shame that those videos aren't listed on the site anymore. I can't seem to find them in the videos section under media. Looks like those developer diary videos aren't up there either.

actually they are just under Galactic History now
http://www.swtor.com/holonet/galactic-history

but the Dev Diaries aren't there anymore. They are however still on their youtube channel if you dig deep enough
http://www.youtube.com/user/swtheoldrepublic/videos

We had more plans to do more but the whole video team was canned so it never happened sadly.

Cystm

Thanks!

I wasn't a fan of the timeline videos. I thought they were just not that interesting to watch and were basically powerpoint presentations with a Lance Henriksen VO (Which actually sounds awesome in theory lol) but just did not interest me.

I did think the intro videos were good and did a good job getting me into the setup of the characters. I wished there were more of those in the game actually. Perhaps after completing a planetary quest, or after reaching your advanced class or some similar milestone.

Missed opportunity there.

May I ask what your favourite part of the game is you worked on? Was it a specific video or concept?

Draxal

Thanks!

I didn't watch them at the time; and probably because I was already pretty much content with the setting/storyline compared to WoW. I didn't need any additional reinforcement that it was better.

I was actually really impressed with the setting/atmosphere polish and I believe this added to that, and I did like the all the in-game intros.

I just think the biggest failing of the game is that it doesn't know how to create an attractive; dynamic endgame and it is a problem facing all the themepark MMOs including Wow

but the Dev Diaries aren't there anymore. They are however still on their youtube channel if you dig deep enough

We had more plans to do more but the whole video team was canned so it never happened sadly.
Oh shoot! I don't know why I never thought to check there. Glad to see they're still available on the main site then.

HBroward

I really enjoyed the timeline videos, and I know tons of people have asked since launch if more were still coming. It's a shame they let you guys go, maybe they will pick some of you back up if it really is improving revenue wise for them now.

Bombless

Thanks!

I enjoyed them. Too bad the list wasn't completed...

Also, is this the Balgosa of SWG music videos fame?

Thanks!
Loved them. They kept my hype up waiting for the game to launch. I'm also a huge nut for Star Wars lore, so yeah. Shame we didn't get more!

Ken

I don't play SWTOR anymore but I was digging through my old Photobucket and found this from one of those big-party quests with SWTORGAF early on. Gave me a laugh.

99de1f3d.jpg

Cystm

LiveStream Event – June 10, 2013
We are excited to announce the next LiveStream Q&A Event! Below is all the information you need in order to watch and participate in the LiveStream Event.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - LiveStream

Monday, June 10, 2013

4:00pm to 4:30pm CDT

Our next LiveStream Event will discuss Game Update 2.2: Operation Nightmare, which introduces exciting new Level 55 Nightmare Mode Operations, starting with Terror From Beyond, as well as Underworld Gear Crafting, new elite Level 55 gear, new Guild Bonuses and more!

If you’d like to participate in this LiveStream Q&A Event, you can ask questions on the LiveStream Channel during the event or prior to the event through Twitter (#SWTOR), Facebook, or the official forums.

Here's a link to the stream.

Giolon

They will have someone go through and find the easier questions to answer.

And the stupid ones:
"When is 2.2 coming out?"
Tomorrow

"Where can I buy Cartel Coins?"
Online or in stores

"When can I be a furry kitty person?"
You already can!

Someone please shoot me.

UltraMav

Played Huttball for the first time since 2.0 hit today and man am I terrible at it. I'm not used to being useful as a ball carrier at all. :p

Heysoos

Yo straight up, yooni laugh all you want, but gs/sniper's dps is op as shit. They're the new Sents/Maras. Not saying other classes are weak by any means, but with all the tools they have plus their massive dps, they're fucking insane. I almost want to level my slinger to 55.

HBroward

Yeah that sucks, but hopefully it hits before we raid Friday! Glad we aren't an early raiding group haha. And this will give us a better shot at guild firsts!

HBroward

Patch drops tomorrow.

EDIT: Courtesy of Dulfy:

Below are just some major points. You can see the full notes here: http://dulfy.net/2013/06/10/swtor-patch-2-2-developer-livestream-notes/
Jeff said 2.2 should be this week.
Patch 2.3 - August 6, brand new recurring event (L15+ to participate), new daily area, new flashpoint, new graphical upgrades. Event will launch ~ 1 week after patch.
Those going to cantina tours will be getting exclusive new info about upcoming patches via SWTOR thumbdrive. Those going to the LA meet and greet in 3 days will get patch 2.3 info and Jeff will buy you a drink.
Not done with Dread Masters but can't talk much about it.
Working on cross server PvP queue. Trying to resolve queue issues in patch 2.4. Patch 2.4 will be the biggest PvP update since launch.
Cathar sold well but new species not anytime soon. Takes a long time to develop them.
Around July 4 and end of July you will see subscriber only benefits.
Rakghoul DNA, you should keep them just in case. Alot of back and forth about Rakghoul event, not clear if it is coming back.
SSSP - yes it exists, and is based on player feedback but that is all we can say right now.
Using /stuck in a warzone while in combat will add 20 seconds to your rez timer in patch 2.2.1.
Hood toggle - we are working on it but it would be alot easier if we added it in from the beginning. Alot of work to add them now.

YOU SEE THAT YOONI! YOU GOT THEM TO CHANGE /STUCK! Congratulations are in order I suppose? Maybe another name change? They fixed the corner capping in Novare in 2.2 too. Not sure if there are any game mechanics left for you to exploit. Aside from blowing people up on walls. That is nice.

Top Bottom