• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Now its one flashpoint in August? Before it was stated as plural.
miJRCLw.jpg

Wonder if they ever plan on really expanding what crafters can make when it comes to dyes. The current selection is pathetic and of course they keep adding more of them to the cartel market.

And wow a new subscriber benefit! Bet it will be another discount on something that requires cartel coins.

Thinking about jumping back in to check it out again. I have't played since launch so couple questions:

1) How active is this game nowadays? I remember in certain worlds having trouble finding people to do some quests

2) What server is gaf on?

Thinking about jumping back in to check it out again. I have't played since launch so couple questions:

1) How active is this game nowadays? I remember in certain worlds having trouble finding people to do some quests

2) What server is gaf on?

Game is doing very well and with the newer higher capacity servers and f2p, planets are pretty much full compared to launch.

mileS

I just got my biochem to 450. Is there anything to train at all? I don't see much. No biochem only stims or anything?

All I see are plans for 150 basic coms for implants.

I wasn't around for level 50 endgame. So what exactly am I RE'ing?

You just RE the green top stims available from the biochem vendor. RE till you make the purples which are the biochem exclusives. Same with the new medpacks for yourself and the one that heals you and your companion. Also the adrenals. You just RE them till you learn the purple biochem versions.

Patch 2.3 bounty hunter event. Hyped!

http://dulfy.net/2013/06/14/swtor-patch-2-3-bounty-hunter-event-info/

If anyone watched the live Q&A (which was during all the E3 conferences so maybe not) they said they were going to be giving sneak peeks to people coming to the Cantina tour on Thurs.

Seems kinda odd to be an event and not just a new game feature. Figure it will be like guild wars bounties with having to find various npcs who randomly spawn in various places.

Moff

I hope they will at some point turn this into a permanent feature of the game, but with each class having their on kind of missions. as inquisitor you need to catch jedi, as a bount hunter bounty, as a trooper criminals etc. with random spawning champions as enemies and weekly rewards.
looking forward to the event anway, especially with that new hangar.

RPGCrazied

Um, I take a couple month break. Had to reinstall windows since then, and then download/install the game. I log in, my characters are gone? I only had 1 level 20 character, but it was a chiss(which you now have to pay for) and was an Imperial Agent.

Wallach

Um, I take a couple month break. Had to reinstall windows since then, and then download/install the game. I log in, my characters are gone? I only had 1 level 20 character, but it was a chiss(which you now have to pay for) and was an Imperial Agent.

Are you sure you're on the right server?

I hope they will at some point turn this into a permanent feature of the game, but with each class having their on kind of missions. as inquisitor you need to catch jedi, as a bount hunter bounty, as a trooper criminals etc. with random spawning champions as enemies and weekly rewards.
looking forward to the event anway, especially with that new hangar.

Yea don't see why it's not left as a permanent system, and one they could probably easily add too with time. Only reason I can see them making it an event is to slow down peoples progress through it since we see how quick people chew through the rep system even with the rep caps. Make it permanent with constantly adding new bounty npcs and new rewards.

The rep system while ok, being used as the main element of how you earn rewards basically means you are limiting how long the content will be relevant. People will blow through the rep levels quick and suddenly you can't add anymore rewards to it as everyone will have instant access to whatever you add. Lot of folks have blown through the Gree event thing and really have no reason to keep doing it. Adding new reward to the rep vendors ain't gonna get people to play it anymore. They are increasing it's difficulty soon, but without adding new stuff to do with stuff to earn, lot of players will not be touching it as they got what they wanted already.

Sorian

Banned
Yea don't see why it's not left as a permanent system, and one they could probably easily add too with time. Only reason I can see them making it an event is to slow down peoples progress through it since we see how quick people chew through the rep system even with the rep caps. Make it permanent with constantly adding new bounty npcs and new rewards.

The rep system while ok, being used as the main element of how you earn rewards basically means you are limiting how long the content will be relevant. People will blow through the rep levels quick and suddenly you can't add anymore rewards to it as everyone will have instant access to whatever you add. Lot of folks have blown through the Gree event thing and really have no reason to keep doing it. Adding new reward to the rep vendors ain't gonna get people to play it anymore. They are increasing it's difficulty soon, but without adding new stuff to do with stuff to earn, lot of players will not be touching it as they got what they wanted already.

They could tie new rewards into off-shoot quests. For example, when the Gree event comes back set up a mini questline that can only be started if you are friend (or champion or legend, whatever they decide). Then the quest needs to be completed to get the new reward as opposed to just tossing it on the vendor with the rep requirement. It would keep the events fresh while still working within their story-telling model.

Edit: And if they still wanted to gate the item with a token price (helix for the Gree event) then just make the quest drop a special part and make it so the vendor sells it for that part and for the price of helix/dna/token of the week.

They could tie new rewards into off-shoot quests. For example, when the Gree event comes back set up a mini questline that can only be started if you are friend (or champion or legend, whatever they decide). Then the quest needs to be completed to get the new reward as opposed to just tossing it on the vendor with the rep requirement. It would keep the events fresh while still working within their story-telling model.

Edit: And if they still wanted to gate the item with a token price (helix for the Gree event) then just make the quest drop a special part and make it so the vendor sells it for that part and for the price of helix/dna/token of the week.

Yea I do hope they do something new when green come back. The content is nice and they could easily keep it fresh and something players want to do. Like the seeker Droid stuff is neat for casual treasure hunting, but once you get the main rewards it loses interest for some. My gf loved digging but she got it all pretty much. Now I hope they don't just leave it as is, they could simply add new stuff to find, new dig sites, etc.

Wallach

Anyone ever have this issue with textures poping in regarding to skills, etc?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzw0h3T-ffU

Happened when I updated to 13.1 (AMD) and then to 13.4, but it doesn't last as long as before. Really thinking on downgrading back to 12.10... again.

This has been happening to me ever since I started playing SWTOR again this year. Don't care much about this by itself, but there's a long list of small issues like this I have had to just deal with on my 5850 that led to me going back to nVidia for my new build tomorrow.

Jrmint

I'm probably going to have my first level 50 by this coming weekend as a Marauder.

Wondering what the best things to do once I ht 50 are?

-I'd really like to complete the HK companion quest, can me and a buddy duo most of that?

-Is it best to fully complete the final leveling zone for level 50-ish gear?

-Should I do level 50 FPs and Ops or not worry about it and push right to 55 content?

What else that I missed? Thanks guys

I'm probably going to have my first level 50 by this coming weekend as a Marauder.

-I'd really like to complete the HK companion quest, can me and a buddy duo most of that?

-Should I do level 50 FPs and Ops or not worry about it and push right to 55 content?

You can duo most of it but you have to do two flashpoints to get two parts for the HK droid, so you will need to use group finder or look for some help. One of the flashpoint runs is a normal mode so two players with companions at 50 can likely do that one.

The final zone you are sent to at 50 is essentially Illum which is mainly to finish the games overall main story line. Most individual class storylines finish around Corellia or soon after, but Illum is kinda where you go to finish off the games overall original storyline.

You can go straight to Makeb and move on towards 55 content but its going to be a lot harder than what you have dealt with. Makeb is essentially more designed around players who have geared up a bit when they were 50 so their is a big difficulty spike if your not geared up. If you play with a friend it will help a lot though and you won't have a ton of trouble. But it would be a good idea to maybe do the various daily content zones and such when your 50 to get some better gear and you will probably get a few levels too which will help when going to Makeb.

The 50 gear you basically get with the classic coms

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

The first couple of parts of the HK quests are really good, some great atmosphere. Keep in mind you'll have to have a character of the opposing faction at least as far as the Dromund Kaas/Coruscant to get all the pieces.

Jrmint

Thanks a lot guys.

1 thing I'm unclear on. The gear I get from completing Corellia/Illum is that good enough for Makeb? Or should I be doing fps and ops in addition.

Thanks a lot guys.

1 thing I'm unclear on. The gear I get from completing Corellia/Illum is that good enough for Makeb? Or should I be doing fps and ops in addition.

For solo play, it won't be the best. Like I mentioned, there is a difficulty spike as they seemed to have taken into consideration that lot of players at 50 had spent months grinding up better gear. If your playing with someone else though coop with companions it would be no problem.

What is best to do if you got enough classic coms saved up, is get some of the classic gear which is some of the best lvl 50 gear in the game. You can also use planetary coms you have saved up if any to buy mods from the makeb vendor on the fleet. The mods you can buy from that vendor with planetary coms essentially is on par with the classic gear pieces. Both those will help make Makeb easier to play. You can do Makeb and such without full set of such gear no problem though, but it doesn't hurt to gear up a bit.

Illum quest gear is not going to really help, but there is daily quests there that give you classic coms you can use to buy some good lvl 50 gear.

Again recommend doing the daily areas at 50 to get some coms and maybe a lvl or two before going to makeb, plus getting to see that content. Belsavis Daily area, Illum dailies, Black Hole area, and Section X will all give you better rewards and coms that you can use. But don't worry about getting a full set.

Makeb content will outlevel you easily while you do the story line as it goes from enemies of 51-55 while you will probably at best gain 2 levels doing the storyline alone. So you will need to get some xp elsewhere first.

RPGCrazied

You can purchase them on the fleet or on the GTN. GTN prices are usually lower and the mounts are better there because they scale with speeder ranks.

How much cheaper? Anyone on Jedi Covenant want to give me some credits? :p j/k, how can you get fast credits other than quests?

When do you get to go to tatooine?

Jrmint

How much cheaper? Anyone on Jedi Covenant want to give me some credits? :p j/k, how can you get fast credits other than quests?

Tatt is mid-20s for both factions. Don't be too excited though. I felt the same way before I got there and it was pretty dissapointing. One the most boring planets I think.

Best way to make money is slicing I think. I started it as early as I could and never have an issue buying skills mounts or mount training. It really adds up.

Giolon

I hear the Hotrigged Speeder bikes are around 90k these days, which is less than half the price of a 110% speeder from a vendor.

Also, if you want a speeder bike, the best thing you can do IMO is buy the Digital Upgrade pack for $5 on this page: http://www.swtor.com/buy. When the game came out, this was the Digital Deluxe upgrade that cost $20. In addition to some useless trinkets, you get a speeder bike for every character on your account, new or existing, that automatically goes the fastest speed you have trained for.

Tatooine is the 4th planet on both factions. It's low-mid 20's level.

Giolon

There are cartel speeders for 15k on the gtn that scale

For a single character, and then I'm unsure of the Collections cost for unlocking account-wide (I'm guessing 240CC, maybe 600CC for the special mounts that you buy outright, so $2.50 - $6). That is a really good deal though. I didn't realize there were so many unwanted Cartel pack mounts.

Prob older speeders or the more common recolors. Lot of stuff if you wait drops in value outside of a few ultra rares like Revans mask and such

Top Bottom