• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Milly79

You can sell mounts from the cartel packs? Nice, maybe I can get one for that cheap, and buy the 1st riding rank. Which is 8k right? Might be able to afford that, I have like 32k now.

Yeah, you can for sure. Not sure on the riding skill outside of the legacy one which is 40k. I know training used to be 25k if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure they lowered it at one point.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, you can for sure. Not sure on the riding skill outside of the legacy one which is 40k. I know training used to be 25k if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure they lowered it at one point.

Nice, I bought a Ubrikki Crimson Claw for 17k. Scales with every riding, but the riding I have to be level 25, and the riding skill is like 25k. :( They really want you to pay $$$$ don't they. Do you have to have the artifact authorization to use this mount? It is a purple item, that will suck if so.

Not my character but the mount looks like this:

16034.jpg

So from this info post we can get some more hints and info: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6446780#edit6446780

The bounty hunting event thing will be monthly apparently with it happening one week each month it sounds.

Gree event to have a new possible mount drop along with higher level com rewards.

Once again for 2.3 they say "flashpoints", so wondering if it's the two datamined flashpoints folks found while ago or we going to see some old flashpoints upgraded like Red Reaper to hardmode.

As for the pvp update in 2.4 they hinted with "If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters."

Oricon being an outer rim planet, assume its new setting for a new warzone. Wonder if arenas will be small WoW like arena system? Dread Masters and pvp? Maybe a new pvp open zone with some narrative with the dread masters... connected to the moon Oricon?

Also the graphic update is being about color vibrancy. So they are brightening up the game? I know lot of folks complained about how so many worlds in the game have a sort of dull color theme to them. Wonder how it will turn out.

RPGCrazied

I need some help. I'm level 20, and I can't seem to finish any quest I'm on. I get to a kill this person, and I can't do it. Then the rest are group type quests. I'm just trying to do the storyline.

Is there anywhere I can go besides Balmorra and Nar Shaddaa?

Heysoos

I need some help. I'm level 20, and I can't seem to finish any quest I'm on. I get to a kill this person, and I can't do it. Then the rest are group type quests. I'm just trying to do the storyline.

You could go back to Taris and do the bonus series. What server are you on?

HBroward

What's the name of your in game character? I'll send you some credits to help you out a bit getting started. I won't be on on until a bit later tonight though.

Moff

I guess it will be the 2 flashpoints that were datamined ages ago, Titans of Industry and The Imperial Warlord?

I guess it will be the 2 flashpoints that were datamined ages ago, Titans of Industry and The Imperial Warlord?

Probably, I doubt we would see more than 2 flashpoints at once. But at least some new flashpoints are coming. I do hope they don't try to do it like Lost Island by making it another tier of difficulty instead of just putting it in with the current pool of 55 flashpoints. The whole update with a new daily area kinda sounds like a repeat of 1.2 with Black Hole.

Moff

Probably, I doubt we would see more than 2 flashpoints at once. But at least some new flashpoints are coming. I do hope they don't try to do it like Lost Island by making it another tier of difficulty instead of just putting it in with the current pool of 55 flashpoints. The whole update with a new daily area kinda sounds like a repeat of 1.2 with Black Hole.
more than two would be dumb
I think two is already not that smart, one of those should have been released with 2.1
2.1 was an insult to all subscribers and 2.2 isnt much better

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
more than two would be dumb
I think two is already not that smart, one of those should have been released with 2.1
2.1 was an insult to all subscribers and 2.2 isnt much better

Considering that the lead time on content in the game for things like flashpoints can easily be in the 10-12 month range there is good chance we're just starting to see stuff coming into the game that is directly a consequence of having more resources for the dev team post F2P resurgence. Both 2.3 and 2.4 seem like meaty updates. 2.1 and 2.2 felt like stop gaps although I liked a lot of the stuff in 2.1 aside from the fact it was all CM stuff.

RPGCrazied

You could go back to Taris and do the bonus series. What server are you on?

Jedi Covenant!

What's the name of your in game character? I'll send you some credits to help you out a bit getting started. I won't be on on until a bit later tonight though.

Are you on the server I listed above? I'm trying to get my first speeder riding rank. level 25 and 35k. I just spent 17.5k on a cartel mount. I'm at 19k now. At least it scales, thats not to bad.

My character name is Dagnaras. I'm an imperial agent/sniper. Thanks in advance for whatever assistance you may bring me! I'm preferred status if that matters any. Not a subscriber.

Considering that the lead time on content in the game for things like flashpoints can easily be in the 10-12 month range there is good chance we're just starting to see stuff coming into the game that is directly a consequence of having more resources for the dev team post F2P resurgence. Both 2.3 and 2.4 seem like meaty updates. 2.1 and 2.2 felt like stop gaps although I liked a lot of the stuff in 2.1 aside from the fact it was all CM stuff.

I highly doubt they all happened to have an event, 2 flashpoints, and a daily being done at the same time to be ready at ecaxtly the same time. Flashpionts/ops are done by another team also so it's all pretty silly. And starting an event right after a major content release is stupid, people made a big deal out of this with the rackghoul plague when it was release right after the big 1.2, when it would have been good gap filler material.

HBroward

Jedi Covenant!

Are you on the server I listed above? I'm trying to get my first speeder riding rank. level 25 and 35k. I just spent 17.5k on a cartel mount. I'm at 19k now. At least it scales, thats not to bad.

My character name is Dagnaras. I'm an imperial agent/sniper. Thanks in advance for whatever assistance you may bring me! I'm preferred status if that matters any. Not a subscriber.

Hmm, what's the credit limit for preferred now? How much could I give you before you max out on your credit limit?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I highly doubt they all happened to have an event, 2 flashpoints, and a daily being done at the same time to be ready at ecaxtly the same time. Flashpionts/ops are done by another team also so it's all pretty silly. And starting an event right after a major content release is stupid, people made a big deal out of this with the rackghoul plague when it was release right after the big 1.2, when it would have been good gap filler material.

I agree except they may have expected at the time that they would have no trouble getting new content out after that.....that was until they started to get hit by layoffs. So what I'm saying is, perhaps naively, that we might finally start seeing regular meaty updates and that the last few months of underwhelming patches (aside from 2.0 which was a different team) were effects of all the turmoil last summer.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Happy that Double XP weekends are back on the 21st. That'll help me out in leveling this Smuggler.

Yeah, get to send my final two alts through Coruscant and Dromund Kaas and then I never have to see those places again.

Never seem to have luck with these double xp weekends, the only one of the 3 I had off I accepted overtime on them before they announced them, rubbish!

Vyroxis

Banned
Do people not do flashpoints anymore while leveling, or am I just having bad luck? Trying to level a tank and get some real experience at it, but I waited almost an hour last night just to end up getting a group at the tail end of an instance that fell apart right away.

Moff

Yeah, get to send my final two alts through Coruscant and Dromund Kaas and then I never have to see those places again.

come on, coruscant and dromund kaas (plus korriban) are probably the best 3 planets in the whole game. After 5 characters, I still like the beginnings most in this game.

I'll use the weekend to put my powertech through alderaan and taris, I really hate those 2...

Do people not do flashpoints anymore while leveling, or am I just having bad luck? Trying to level a tank and get some real experience at it, but I waited almost an hour last night just to end up getting a group at the tail end of an instance that fell apart right away.
Since there are limits on flashpoints for F2P/Preferred accounts it's why we don't have great queue times. Just one of the many things I'd wish they'd get rid of.

Jrmint

come on, coruscant and dromund kaas (plus korriban) are probably the best 3 planets in the whole game. After 5 characters, I still like the beginnings most in this game.
Korriban and DK I agree, in terms of content and playability.

The general chat in DK and Cor is cringe worthy though.

I'll use the weekend to put my powertech through alderaan and taris, I really hate those 2...

Like Alderaan. I hate Taris and Belsavis.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Actually, I like Dromund Kaas. Coruscant... no. Way too much backtracking. Early on when you didn't have speeders or rocket boots, it was particularly brutal.

Alderaan is great. That, Voss, and Coruscant are my favorites. Voss suffers because it comes in a weird point in the story... there's no way I should be civil with the Empire at that point in time. But, otherwise... the story is fantastic.

RPGCrazied

Level 24! So close to being able to use the speeder I have. Thanks to the gaffer that sent me credits, awesome! I notice you can buy unlocks on the gtn, but so, so expensive. I was looking at the hide helm and the authorization to equip purples and they are over 600k. Eeek.

Level 24! So close to being able to use the speeder I have. Thanks to the gaffer that sent me credits, awesome! I notice you can buy unlocks on the gtn, but so, so expensive. I was looking at the hide helm and the authorization to equip purples and they are over 600k. Eeek.

hide helm is usually cheap. But the purple authorization is the most expensize unlock for f2p layers to get.

Necrovex

I'm thinking of returning to this game (I plan to sub for a month) after I finish The Last of Us. I have my Imperial Agent on Hoth, so I am fairly close to finishing his story. I also feel bad for not finishing his story as of yet. Has anything drastic changed since December '12?

StudioTan

I'm thinking of returning to this game (I plan to sub for a month) after I finish The Last of Us. I have my Imperial Agent on Hoth, so I am fairly close to finishing his story. I also feel bad for not finishing his story as of yet. Has anything drastic changed since December '12?

Depends on your definition. The expansion was released so max level is now 55 (but you need to buy it to get past level 50, it's $10 if you sub) and the skill trees have been reworked a bit to accommodate that. There have been 2 other "major" patches since then. 2.1 added customization stuff like appearance change, a new species (Cathar) and armor dyes but pretty much all of it requires cartel coins although you can buy dyes on the GTN. 2.2 just added a new nightmare mode. Patches in Aug and Oct look to be adding some more new content.

Necrovex

Depends on your definition. The expansion was released so max level is now 55 (but you need to buy it to get past level 50, it's $10 if you sub) and the skill trees have been reworked a bit to accommodate that. There have been 2 other "major" patches since then. 2.1 added customization stuff like appearance change, a new species (Cathar) and armor dyes but pretty much all of it requires cartel coins although you can buy dyes on the GTN. 2.2 just added a new nightmare mode. Patches in Aug and Oct look to be adding some more new content.

Is the expansion a story expansion for all classes, or just a planet expansion (with only planet quests)? If it's the former, I am interested; if it's the latter, I'll probably skip that one.

StudioTan

Is the expansion a story expansion for all classes, or just a planet expansion (with only planet quests)? If it's the former, I am interested; if it's the latter, I'll probably skip that one.

It's 2 storylines, one for Imperials and one for Republic however dialogue is somewhat unique for each class. I did it on my Smuggler and Jedi Knight and although it's the same story it had a bit of a different flavour. Having said that it's also very well done, way more complex than any of the other planet story quests and Makeb is the best looking planet in the game.

On top of that you get new skills which are all really good IMO and there are other quest lines on the previous planets that have some interesting mechanics with new macrobinoculars and a digging droid. These also have applications after you've done the quests and will be used in future content.

All in all the expansion is definitely worth the 10 bucks.

Jrmint

Just hit 50 on my Marauder.

Once I finish my story line what's the best order to do the dailies in to get started on my classic comms?

Giolon

Just hit 50 on my Marauder.

Once I finish my story line what's the best order to do the dailies in to get started on my classic comms?

I think it's Section X -> Black Hole -> Ilum -> Belsavis Bonus that give the best ratio of Comms / Time spent. Don't forget that you can run level 50 regular and HM FPS for Classic Comms (1 and 3 per boss respectively) and Classic Ops (EV, KP, EC) on any difficulty.

RPGCrazied

I sure hope double XP weekends sticks around. I'm leveling so fast now with that and the complimentary XP boosts you sometimes get. I'm almost level 28.

RPGCrazied

They'll be around through the July 4th weekend.

Nice.

Is there anyway to lower the view distance? I don't see a slider for it. But its weird, a couple planets I've been on, one area always cuts my fps in half. Even in tatooine I just got to a spot where it does that. I'm guessing its view distance. Save for these couple of spots, it runs great.

EDIT:

Got lucky and was able to buy the artifact authorization for 198k on the gtn. If it wasn't for that gaffer, I wouldn't be able to do it, so that's cool. I'm now dead broke again, lol. At least I can equip purples now. Also just hit level 30!

HBroward

Nice.

Is there anyway to lower the view distance? I don't see a slider for it. But its weird, a couple planets I've been on, one area always cuts my fps in half. Even in tatooine I just got to a spot where it does that. I'm guessing its view distance. Save for these couple of spots, it runs great.

EDIT:

Got lucky and was able to buy the artifact authorization for 198k on the gtn. If it wasn't for that gaffer, I wouldn't be able to do it, so that's cool. I'm now dead broke again, lol. At least I can equip purples now. Also just hit level 30!

Well, that is the most important unlock you can get, so glad to have been of service!

On another note, supposedly bolster is still bugged, and crafted 54's are better than Conq pvp pieces still. Sigh. If they don't properly fix bolster in the next patch I am unsubbing until they do. This is inexcusable for competitive pvp, for the bolster system to have been broken for this long. If anything warrants emergency patches it should be that. At least I have my two names reserved on Pot5, Trevail for my slinger and Ishtar for my sage.

Azih

Realized a little while ago that the preferred 350K cap means that I can't buy the pricier Legacy Unlocks. Which really sucks.

Top Bottom