• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Azih

You can usually afford the single character ones, just not the legacy wide unlocks.

Yeah but the legacy wide ones are the ones that would let my first character help out my later ones with convenience and speed buffs and items. Preferred xp gains are incredibly grindy outside of the double xp weekends and I really want to avoid non story quests for alts as much as possible. I just got to Voss and for a lot of the planets once is srsly enough.

RPGCrazied

Well, that is the most important unlock you can get, so glad to have been of service!

On another note, supposedly bolster is still bugged, and crafted 54's are better than Conq pvp pieces still. Sigh. If they don't properly fix bolster in the next patch I am unsubbing until they do. This is inexcusable for competitive pvp, for the bolster system to have been broken for this long. If anything warrants emergency patches it should be that. At least I have my two names reserved on Pot5, Trevail for my slinger and Ishtar for my sage.

It did help, thanks a ton!

Here is my guy, level 30 imperial agent/sniper. Love this class so much.

Screenshot_2013_06_25_15_29_26_888229.jpg

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Realized a little while ago that the preferred 350K cap means that I can't buy the pricier Legacy Unlocks. Which really sucks.

There is something else you can do if you can find someone willing. You can buy crafting materials that have a relatively steady value and get someone to buy the more expensive unlocks in exchange for materials of equal value which he can resell for credits. Molecular Stabilizers used to be good for this, I don't know what the new end game equivalent might be. You might end up losing a bit extra in the exchange but it'll work.

Azih

There is something else you can do if you can find someone willing. You can buy crafting materials that have a relatively steady value and get someone to buy the more expensive unlocks in exchange for materials of equal value which he can resell for credits. Molecular Stabilizers used to be good for this, I don't know what the new end game equivalent might be. You might end up losing a bit extra in the exchange but it'll work.

How would they buy the more expensive unlocks for my account?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
How would they buy the more expensive unlocks for my account?

Again, you'd have to find someone willing to do the trade before hand, maybe someone in your guild if you're in one. Let's say your unlock costs 600k which is obviously more credits than you're allowed to have. You find someone who is willing to buy the unlock for you in exchange for crafting materials. So you buy 300k worth of crafting mats, then when you have another 300k you buy a second batch. So now you have materials valued at 600k, then get the guy to buy the unlock and trade it for the materials. If you're on Shadowlands I'd be willing to do that for you.

Azih

Again, you'd have to find someone willing to do the trade before hand, maybe someone in your guild if you're in one. Let's say your unlock costs 600k which is obviously more credits than you're allowed to have. You find someone who is willing to buy the unlock for you in exchange for crafting materials. So you buy 300k worth of crafting mats, then when you have another 300k you buy a second batch. So now you have materials valued at 600k, then get the guy to buy the unlock and trade it for the materials. If you're on Shadowlands I'd be willing to do that for you.

Got it, I didn't realize that unlocks could be traded or sold on the GTN.

RPGCrazied

I have to say I like the community more in this game, then say WoW. Sure you get the same trolls in chat sometimes, but every time I ask for help with a quest or anything I always get whispered in kind and get help. WoW doesn't have that much anymore.

Jrmint

Does anyone else get worse performance in Makeb than other planets?

I went there last night for the first time and was getting consistent framerate drops where I never was in the original planets. I play on the medium settings and the game looks great, really don't want to have to lower them.

RPGCrazied

I went there last night for the first time and was getting consistent framerate drops where I never was in the original planets. I play on the medium settings and the game looks great, really don't want to have to lower them.

I haven't, isn't that a max level planet? I'm only level 30. But I've witnessed frame rate issues on a couple of planets. I really think it has something to do with view distance, why won't let you change that is beyond me.

In certain areas the performance gets worse. The initial hub ring can sometimes be real choppy, while various plateaus run fine. But there are certain spots in Makeb that I enter and the framerate goes to shit, but step out of certain spots and it fixes itself.

Jrmint

In certain areas the performance gets worse. The initial hub ring can sometimes be real choppy, while various plateaus run fine. But there are certain spots in Makeb that I enter and the framerate goes to shit, but step out of certain spots and it fixes itself.
Ok that's good to hear.

Yea it was choppy when I unlocked that initial friendly hub area a few quests in, but wasn't as bad out in the fields.

2.3 on test server with the new daily hub area and 2 new 55 flashpoints.

SM of the flashpoints apparently can be played with any 4 roles, it doesn't need a trinity set up? This is a separate queue from the HM versions?

And wtf, an ewok companion is now available

HBroward

2.3 on test server with the new daily hub area and 2 new 55 flashpoints.

SM of the flashpoints apparently can be played with any 4 roles, it doesn't need a trinity set up? This is a separate queue from the HM versions?

And wtf, an ewok companion is now available
Whoooaaaa there, an Ewok companion? I guess I need to go read the patch notes again, I missed that one!

Edit: Yep, he is named Treek, and costs 1 million credits and legacy 40. So I guess we are just straight up buying slave labor in game now? Ok, Bioware.

An Ewok? AN EWOK?

Sucks to read he's just a legacy unlock. Would've liked to get him through a mission arc like HK-51. At least he applies to the entire legacy so that's alright with me.

StudioTan

Ewok companion!

This is the best day ever!

LOL, seriously, that's awesome.

StudioTan

I'm surprised there haven't been any screenshots yet of the graphical update. I want to see how it looks.

It's somewhat subtle but everything is more crisp and vibrant. Here is Alderaan:

You can compare it with the screenshot above. Also, my Ewok is awesome.

StudioTan

I read that it was a legacy-wide unlock and not a per character unlock unless I read it wrong.

Nevermind I did read it wrong. That sucks.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing because she appears in both the global and character unlocks. Basically you need to spend 1M to get her in the first place which unlocks the legacy ability to buy her for each character at 1M each. Not a big deal for me since I generally only play one character but it sucks for people who regularly play various characters.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing because she appears in both the global and character unlocks. Basically you need to spend 1M to get her in the first place which unlocks the legacy ability to buy her for each character at 1M each. Not a big deal for me since I generally only play one character but it sucks for people who regularly play various characters.
Wait so you end up spending 2 million credits total?

Rva32Ae.png

I think I read it wrong again. I'm so confused.

StudioTan

Wait so you end up spending 2 million credits total?

Rva32Ae.png

I think I read it wrong again. I'm so confused.

No, 1M per character but the first one gets her on the fleet and there is a cutscene. Once unlocked on that character you can pay 1M to unlock on other toons in the Legacy window.

Moff

holy fucking shit

and the ewok even lookg surprisingly good

what about the flashpoints? since they dont ned a trinity setup, are they puzzle/cannon oriented or what?

I decided to hop back into the game recently after about a year away and I'm really liking most of the changes. The population from the merged servers is really nice, I swear there seems to be more people on the planets now then when the game initially launched.

The cartel market is a little in your face when you aren't a subscriber, but luckily it seems to really go away once you do push that subscribe button so I can't complain too much. I really hope they don't go the route of STO and do 20 updates a year in the cartel market and 2 to actual game play.

My guardian feels a lot more solid than I remember as well. I remember having an extremely hard time tanking multiple mobs way back when, but now I feel like I can handle packs of mobs with ease with some of the new skill and talent changes.

I brought my guardian through Makeb's initial story line last night and it was probably my favorite planet in the game so far. The pacing seemed really solid and I really like how the story focused on something different. The cut scenes were also some of my favorite that I can remember. I loved how you saw your ship come out of light speed near the station The one where
you are on the weapons platform as it is collapsing and you get rescued at the very end had a fun movie-esque feel to it
and the couple cut scenes at the end, the one where you are sitting
in the escape ship and you get to see you and your companion as well as look out the front of the ship and the one where you get to see the fleet jump away felt really solid and well done compared to the older cut scenes in game.

StudioTan

Preferred status has a credit cap of 350k.

Can you uncap the credit cap through gtn or cartel market?

Yes but only in one time amounts. You can transfer 50k, 100k and 600k credits from your escrow for 40, 80 and 240 cartel coins. So for 480 CCs you could temporarily have 1.55 million credits available. Any additional credits you earn will still go into escrow until you drop below 350k again.

I haven't been preferred, can you see how many credits you have in escrow?

StudioTan

Did Treek just come out of nowhere or had it been announced before?

It was datamined however we weren't 100% sure it was a companion but if you don't follow leaks then she was just revealed when 2.3 was put on the PTS on Fri.

Server Xfers up yet?

Yes, since Tues.

Zafir

Ya transfers have been up since the patch on tuesday. I transferred chars into Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Funny how things go round in circles... Was on there originally in the neogaf guild, but the long queues killed it. xD

Top Bottom