• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

So you will be able to buy the ewok with CC. Once again, the legacy system and legacy levels are made pretty much useless. 1 million credits and insane amount of grinding (Got four characters to max level and been playing since launch and still not legacy 40) or just pay a few of your CC to unlock it.

RPGCrazied

So you will be able to buy the ewok with CC. Once again, the legacy system and legacy levels are made pretty much useless.

I doubt it. They want you to subscribe man. Though I've held off doing that pretty well. Having nice gaffers certainly helped. :) I will say this game has my attention than most F2P games. I usually stop at 20 in F2P games, but I'm almost 31 in this game. It's great. I hate dying though and having to walk all the way back to where I died, really sucks on quests.

I doubt it. They want you to subscribe man. Though I've held off doing that pretty well. Having nice gaffers certainly helped. :)

They already confirmed you will be able to buy the ewok with cc on the forum. When you spend CC on legacy items it also bypasses the legacy level requirement. It really feels stupid since what reason is there to even get legacy levels anymore? Everything costs a ton of credits, and even if you subscribe, it's much easier to spend your monthly CC grant on buying legacy unlocks instead of going through the grind.

The ewok needs legacy 40, which I don't even have and been a sub since launch and maxed out four characters so far. Yet if I use some cc I can get it right away as a new player.

Players have been asking for a reason to get high legacy levels as there was no unlock past legacy 25 for longest time, but then the cartel system let you skip it all anyways.

Jrmint

I hear you to some degree, but then make the Ewok level 10 or 15. That still requires a decent amount of grind, but at the same time gives new players somewhat of a chance.

When I heard legacy 40 for her I was really disappointed bc I realized I'd never have a chance since I'm only 9. Why spend all that time creating a deep companion when only a small fraction of the player base will be able to see it?

As a result I'm happy it'll be available to me. Have they said how much cc?

I can understand that, but still remains what is the point of legacy levels? They used to have a purpose before the CC market and even then players who got past lvl 25 were wondering what was the purpose of going further? It's a system that really has gotten tossed out the window and could have been a more long term reward system for the dedicated players. Instead it's usually just much more sensible for even hardcore subscribers to pay CC since it's so much faster than having to grind the ton of credits and time to get the legacy unlocks.

They should have at least made the legacy level requirements still remain, even if you pay with CC. Subscribers work months to get the unlock and pay a sub fee, or free players just pay the same fee and get the unlock with no work? The legacy system is just now a way to sell more stuff to players for cash.

I've played since early access and been subbed since then and not even 40, so even I can't buy the ewok just yet... but oh wait, it's really just a cartel market item. Instead of spending ton of time grinding credits or working for it, I can just buy it right out. I'm surprised they haven't let us buy rep for rep vendors or the rep items with CC yet even.

HK-51 was at least free and required a subscriber to do a quest to get. This is now just them outright selling companions to players. They know majority of players aren't going to hit legacy 40, but they will dish out cash for new unique companions.

Sorian

Banned
You might be looking at it wrong Battle. From what I've noticed, you need one million credits and legacy 40 to unlock the companion on your first character. For the rest of your characters, you have the option of spending one million credits or whatever the CC cost is.

Cystm

They know majority of players aren't going to hit legacy 40, but they will dish out cash for new unique companions.

That seems reasonable, no? So, you hit that legacy level, boom free companion, if not, you can still obtain him without having to play the game for a year.

Unless your gripe is simply people being able to buy what you feel should be exclusive to you as a level 40 legacy. I am not sure that a companion should be exclusive.

I do agree with the sentiment that they need to do more to reward players with high legacy levels.

But, let's be honest. There is so much more that they have to take care of that they are taking forever to fix.

I have basically stopped following the game as much as I used to. Everything is on this "wall of crazy" and my expectations for the introduction of key features are none.

So did like all the PVP guilds transfer out of JC?

idk who stayed and who left :(

I'm sad now

Now all of my characters are on JC! Who else do you need!

You might be looking at it wrong Battle. From what I've noticed, you need one million credits and legacy 40 to unlock the companion on your first character. For the rest of your characters, you have the option of spending one million credits or whatever the CC cost is.

Doesn't seem like it since that's not what the thread the dev posted to was asking for. They wanted to buy the ewok without need of legacy lvl and they said in response that they would be able to with CC. Doubt they would tell them that when they specifically were asking to skip legacy requirement.

Someone said it was a legacy vendor? Only hope is that they put legacy only items on their in the future.

kmz

Neo Member
(Got four characters to max level and been playing since launch and still not legacy 40)

I got my main to 50 way later than everybody else (and didn't have another max level character until double xp weekends) and I've been legacy 50 for like a year. Though, concentrating on one endgame character (dailies, FPs/Ops, PVP) does give you way more legacy XP than leveling alts, so that definitely makes a difference.

Jrmint

Speaking of other features that need Biowares attention have they said anything about dual specs? Or are they just pretending it's not an issue?

Speaking of other features that need Biowares attention have they said anything about dual specs? Or are they just pretending it's not an issue?
It's on the "wall of crazy." I remember them saying that it was in the works back when 1.2 was coming up. I don't think they've talked about it since so I believe it was put on the backburner.

HBroward

So did like all the PVP guilds transfer out of JC?

idk who stayed and who left :(

I'm sad now

Lethal Dose Fifty, Uncensored guys, Bloodline, Some Unicorn Stampede guys, Beer Thirty. Yeah most of the pvp guilds all left. There are some US guys who stayed to try to bully all the people left, but I'm sure they are still losing most games.

That seems reasonable, no? So, you hit that legacy level, boom free companion, if not, you can still obtain him without having to play the game for a year.

Unless your gripe is simply people being able to buy what you feel should be exclusive to you as a level 40 legacy. I am not sure that a companion should be exclusive.

I do agree with the sentiment that they need to do more to reward players with high legacy levels.

But, let's be honest. There is so much more that have to take care of that they are taking forever to fix.

I have basically stopped following the game as much as I used to. Everything is on this "wall of crazy" and my expectations for the introduction of key features are none.

It would be nice if it was free, but it's another money sink of 1mil creds. One money sink after another and tons of work, or screw it, its easier to just use your cartel coin allowance? Even with a high legacy, I would spend my cc allowances when I got them on legacy unlocks because of how ridiculously overpriced they are. They are just basically killing any reason to even have legacy levels when even the hardcore seem to think its better to use their cc on the unlocks rather than earn them. Instead of trying to improve the system and give it purpose like many things in the game, they just slap on a cartel coin price on it for a shortcut.

What next, endgame gear for cartel coins? Players can grind for "free", or just buy it outright! Can I buy an unlock to get an instant max lvl 55 char too now plz?

I let my sub lapse until they add something to the game that is worth a subscription. It's pathetic how they have handled this game with not a single thing for subscribers added to the game since Feb. Everything they have done has had an extra cash shop price slapped onto it.

As you said, wall of crazy features players have been asking for, but we don't get them... probably because they can't figure out a way to slap a cartel coin price on them. I wouldn't be surprised that they eventually add dual specs to the game and be like "subscribers get this feature for FREE! Wow don't you feel special!"

I wonder what their "Subscriber Appreciation" thing is going to be. Discounts?

Discounts in the cartel shop! Thanks for subbing, now buy some more stuff and give us more money.

Draxal

It would be nice if it was free, but it's another money sink of 1mil creds. One money sink after another and tons of work, or screw it, its easier to just use your cartel coin allowance? Even with a high legacy, I would spend my cc allowances when I got them on legacy unlocks because of how ridiculously overpriced they are. They are just basically killing any reason to even have legacy levels when even the hardcore seem to think its better to use their cc on the unlocks rather than earn them. Instead of trying to improve the system and give it purpose like many things in the game, they just slap on a cartel coin price on it for a shortcut.

What next, endgame gear for cartel coins? Players can grind for "free", or just buy it outright! Can I buy an unlock to get an instant max lvl 55 char too now plz?

I let my sub lapse until they add something to the game that is worth a subscription. It's pathetic how they have handled this game with not a single thing for subscribers added to the game since Feb. Everything they have done has had an extra cash shop price slapped onto it.

As you said, wall of crazy features players have been asking for, but we don't get them... probably because they can't figure out a way to slap a cartel coin price on them. I wouldn't be surprised that they eventually add dual specs to the game and be like "subscribers get this feature for FREE! Wow don't you feel special!"

It's a money sink as the only pve if you don't raid right now is doing dailies ... and well you got to use the credits for something.

Sorian

Banned

Oh, stop the hyperbole. You know they have no intention of making this game pay to win and you have no reason to think they do. I'm sorry it puts your panties in a bunch that they let you get convenience things for real world money but let's not start yelling at clouds here.

vilmer_

Hey Yooni, did you transfer to POT5? Someone posted a link to a stream that had a Yooni character to the facebook group QQ'ing. There is a tank that drops in like 4 seconds :lol

HBroward

Yooni has a 7 day ban on GAF in place, but that was most likely him. He transferred his gunslinger to PoT5 and it's name is Yooni. LD's rated team he is on beat <I am Legend> last night, and tied it up 1-1 with them so far.

vilmer_

Yooni has a 7 day ban on GAF in place, but that was most likely him. He transferred his gunslinger to PoT5 and it's name is Yooni. LD's rated team he is on beat <I am Legend> last night, and tied it up 1-1 with them so far.

Yep that's them, LD. There are/were a ton of high end ranked guilds on POT5, I even noticed some from the early merger days that have come back. With a lot of those guilds comes a lot of attitude and bad mouthing and some of them on POT5 are reallly bad for that. There's a TON of drama on this server, but it makes it fun at least once in a while lol. The POT5 PVP facebook group is an absolute hole. Hopefully LD can shut some of those guys up :p I'm sure he can read this, just wanted to give him a heads up to look for Hoth Ski Patrol. Number one Pub ranked guild and number one server guild overall for a while.

I'll add a few more of the 'top' tier ranked guilds so he can look out for them (if he already hasn't heard via word of mouth). These guilds will all provide a great challenge in ranked!

PKers
Casual
Hoth Ski Patrol (as mentioned)
S Key
Clutch
Onslaught
I Am Legend
Slackers
Ubique
Hostile Takeover

HBroward

Yep that's them, LD. There are/were a ton of high end ranked guilds on POT5, I even noticed some from the early merger days that have come back. With a lot of those guilds comes a lot of attitude and bad mouthing and some of them on POT5 are reallly bad for that. There's a TON of drama on this server, but it makes it fun at least once in a while lol. The POT5 PVP facebook group is an absolute hole. Hopefully LD can shut some of those guys up :p I'm sure he can read this, just wanted to give him a heads up to look for Hoth Ski Patrol. Number one Pub ranked guild and number one server guild overall for a while.

I'll add a few more of the 'top' tier ranked guilds so he can look out for them (if he already hasn't heard via word of mouth). These guilds will all provide a great challenge in ranked!

PKers
Casual
Hoth Ski Patrol (as mentioned)
S Key
Clutch
Onslaught
I Am Legend
Slackers
Ubique
Hostile Takeover

Yeah, I love having double premades with HSP and Hostile Takeover. At least you know you can count on them. So many of the pub players are horrible on this server, they should be happy we came over to carry them to victories haha.

vilmer_

Yeah, I love having double premades with HSP and Hostile Takeover. At least you know you can count on them. So many of the pub players are horrible on this server, they should be happy we came over to carry them to victories haha.

There are a few HSP guys that I go way back with to our original server (Naddist Rebels) who I've played with from the beginning and make up HSP's core ranked A team. Jerry still is and has always been the best Sage healer that I have ever seen. If you see him, Masteromri or Marqas tell them Vilmzy says hi :) I never joined them because unfortunately the guild leader is pretty much an A-1 elitist asshole. Also, make sure to harass Vittoriio for me lol.

HBroward

There are a few HSP guys that I go way back with to our original server (Naddist Rebels) who I've played with from the beginning and make up HSP's core ranked A team. Jerry still is and has always been the best Sage healer that I have ever seen. If you see him, Masteromri or Marqas tell them Vilmzy says hi :) I never joined them because unfortunately the guild leader is pretty much an A-1 elitist asshole. Also, make sure to harass Vittoriio for me lol.

Nice, I have played a couple games with Masteromri and Marqas. they definitely know how to play well. Tonight we were being matched with 24-25k people all night long, while getting really good imp premades. It was pretty rough. The one drawback to double exp weekends, the proliferation of poorly geared people who don't know how to play their class right.

vilmer_

link to stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/slipperzz/b/424613006

At around 16:40 is where the guy crying linked. He's Alba on the Imp side.

Nice, I have played a couple games with Masteromri and Marqas. they definitely know how to play well. Tonight we were being matched with 24-25k people all night long, while getting really good imp premades. It was pretty rough. The one drawback to double exp weekends, the proliferation of poorly geared people who don't know how to play their class right.

Good to see you played with those guys, very very cool peeps. I might re-sub soon, I'm afraid of what it's like now with pvp and double xp weekends lol!

Cystm

They really need to knock this PvP update out of the park. My interest is really starting to wane.

I have barely touched this game since the expansion.

Finally got the seeker droid quest line done, those were pretty fun although sometimes it took quite a while to find the seeds. Still having a hard time finding a group for the final microbinocular quest line, although the second to last heroic was a lot of fun and I got some great screenshots out of it.

I do wish the new companion was another quest chain like HK was. I really enjoyed that, I wound up finding some people on Taris who were also looking for parts, next thing I know we did the entire chain together. I think writing a solid story for it that progressed over a period of time would of helped fend off some of the people who seem to be having a big issue with an Ewok being added in this time period.

Alur

They really need to knock this PvP update out of the park. My interest is really starting to wane.

I logged in that one night after it released and played with Trevin and that's it. I think I got my scoundrel halfway to 52, and sorc sitting at 50 still. I would like to see some new stuff and maybe get back into it, too, though.

Did you ever check out the FFXIV beta, Cystm? That's what I've been doing for an MMO fix (when it's up).

Heysoos

I tried FFXIV 2 weekends ago, and it was pretty fun. I might give the game a shot when it comes out. Enjoyed what the little that I played, though the whole system with how different roles (tank/dps/heals) works seems a little weird to me. Kinda got it at the end, but it still seemed weird.

Cystm

I logged in that one night after it released and played with Trevin and that's it. I think I got my scoundrel halfway to 52, and sorc sitting at 50 still. I would like to see some new stuff and maybe get back into it, too, though.

Did you ever check out the FFXIV beta, Cystm? That's what I've been doing for an MMO fix (when it's up).

Yeah, I am in the beta. I got to try out a few of the classes before my wife hijacked my account. We'll be playing that when it drops and if swtor doesn't figure out PvP in August, I will likely be unsubscribing.

PvP team still haven't gotten bolster to work right all these months since, PvP update is going to be funny.

Were you guys on Ultros with the GAF guild?

And BattleMonkey, what's still wrong with bolster? Thought it was fixed a while back? Or was it "fixed"? lol

They keep not fixing stuff. They fix one thing, but they leave other things not fixed. Last patch again supposedly fixed more bolster problems yet still they left in others like some items not being calculated correctly. It's sad how they haven't gotten it all squared away after all these months and patch after patch of attempting to fix it. It's like the old SWG days of patch notes fixing a bug since launch yet it never truly is fixed years later.

Cystm

Here is the latest Insider video.

I guess the PvP update is in October. I thought it was August for some reason.

The new companion looks awesome. The Bounty Hunter bit looks fun too.

Heysoos

Holy shit. Lowbie pvp is horrible right now. So many people with no advanced class. I had one match where FOUR people had no advanced class. Jesus fucking Christ. They shouldn't let anyone queue up until they pick an advanced class.

Jrmint

So I've been taking the opportunity during this double xp weekend to start an Operative.

I think I'm finally understanding the hype around this class. It is very fun running around stabbing guys and the story is off to a great start.

Also the ship is incredibly badass.

Top Bottom