• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Heysoos

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the new patch fucking broke chat. It stays active the whole time, it's really really bugging me

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the new patch fucking broke chat. It stays active the whole time, it's really really bugging me

Saw this on Reddit:

"Current Fix: Set Chat Alpha to 100% Apply, then set it to 0% and apply."

Rokam

Just had an hour long Athiss run... so much fun! Healer was 26 so should have been easy, but nah he only ever used Hammer Shot to heal. By the end of the run the tank was in broken gear. And the healer died twice on the last boss, so when he'd die I'd switch to Combat Support Cell and keep the group alive easily while he ran back. So frustrating, I really have no patience for people who can't do their job, at least put a little effort into learning your class.

Needed to vent somewhere sorry!

Jrmint

Just had an hour long Athiss run... so much fun! Healer was 26 so should have been easy, but nah he only ever used Hammer Shot to heal. By the end of the run the tank was in broken gear. And the healer died twice on the last boss, so when he'd die I'd switch to Combat Support Cell and keep the group alive easily while he ran back. So frustrating, I really have no patience for people who can't do their job, at least put a little effort into learning your class.

Needed to vent somewhere sorry!

I feel your pain, especially about Athiss. That is such a tedious Flashpoint

HBroward

Guys on POT5 Rep side, have you been introduced to Copperfield yet.

I've seen him and some stuff in general, but nothing to make him stand out. Supposedly he is this servers Johnnymaddog. Not seeing it myself, but maybe I have just missed some stuff.

Cystm

I finally consolidate all my characters to one server, and the PvP GAFfers have xfered away. I think that is what has killed my interests the most.

I wish they had a package deal that allowed you to move all 12 characters to a new server at a discount.

Still looking forward to October, cautiously, of course.

HBroward

I finally consolidate all my characters to one server, and the PvP GAFfers have xfered away. I think that is what has killed my interests the most.

I wish they had a package deal that allowed you to move all 12 characters to a new server at a discount.

Still looking forward to October, cautiously, of course.

Yeah, hopefully we eventually get cross server queues one day.

Well I've been messing around with this a bit, and have encountered a pretty infuriating bug. Basically, the game locks up every time I complete a NPC conversation, forcing me to log out. I managed to find one thread about it on the official support forums:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=659917

Seems like it might be specific to Consulars, but that thread died without any confirmed resolution, and I apparently don't have posting privileges over there. Was curious if anyone else was encountering this issue?

Rokam

Does anyone here by chance play a Gunnery Commando, currently doing pvp at 25 and I feel completely useless. My damage blows compared to other classes I've played, as well as next to no utility, and it's really frustrating. Does it get any better?

Heysoos

I've seen him and some stuff in general, but nothing to make him stand out. Supposedly he is this servers Johnnymaddog. Not seeing it myself, but maybe I have just missed some stuff.

Jonnymaddog is like a docile Sifumaster. I can only imagine how awesome it would be if JC had Jonny and Sifu together. The server would probably explode.

Milly79

Does anyone here by chance play a Gunnery Commando, currently doing pvp at 25 and I feel completely useless. My damage blows compared to other classes I've played, as well as next to no utility, and it's really frustrating. Does it get any better?

Yeah it's really fun to get hit by 8k+ demo rounds.
yes, they're pretty broken at 55.

Heysoos

It's not to say it's an easy class to play, as they're still pretty squishy, but they can really nuke someone when geared.

There's a huge gap though it seems. I have seen way too many Mandos hammer shotting excessively, trying to face tank, standing there dumb when they get interrupted.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Don't forget to get your title today, be a special snowflake just like everyone else!

People always say this when these things happen but they do become rarer over time, like the Founder title which everyone got around launch but there have been a lot of new players since then who will never get that title.

Rokam

People always say this when these things happen but they do become rarer over time, like the Founder title which everyone got around launch but there have been a lot of new players since then who will never get that title.

Well it only costs 5 CC to unlock for the rest of your characters, and people are stocking up on them thinking they'll be worth a lot later. I highly doubt it just because of how cheap they are.

Jrmint

I can't find the account wide title unlock on the cartel market. Can someone point me to it? I only see the single character one.

Rokam

I can't find the account wide title unlock on the cartel market. Can someone point me to it? I only see the single character one.

If you mean for Revan's Heir: Collections > Titles, it's on page 2 and not labeled and says Archon when you click on it, clicking show items, shows it's the Revan's Heir title. Not sure if it's bugged though not seeing a 5 CC unlock yet. You'll still have to buy the title once though for a player.

Jrmint

Yea I bought it for my main and was looking for it in collections.

I just saw it is under the "Known Issues" on the SWTOR forums that it's not showing up in collections.

Hopefully we'll still be able to unlock it account wide in collections after tonight.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I have decided to let the Revan's Heir title slip through my fingers. I am certain to regret it later. Maybe.

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big

:•The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
•New Operation: Dread Fortress
•New Operation: Dread Palace
•New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
•New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear
2.4 is more than a pvp update, 2 new operations in one go? Assume planet Oricon is just the setting for the Operations and not actual pve planet.

4v4 arenas... meh not a fan of arena play but I guess some will be all over it. Assume that they will redo it so that ranked play is for arenas and not 8v8 play. I shudder at all the nasty crap that came out of WoW arenas......

Wonder if that means no new warzones? Was hoping for new ones.

*Edit: and lol the forum shit storm already starting about this update since it has pve content in it and only one pvp update. They really did kinda pulled the rug from under people if the arena stuff is all they are adding, a ton of people are not going to like that. So many have been asking for larger and more open pvp, not smaller pvp.

StudioTan

2.4 is more than a pvp update, 2 new operations in one go? Assume planet Oricon is just the setting for the Operations and not actual pve planet.

4v4 arenas... meh not a fan of arena play but I guess some will be all over it. Assume that they will redo it so that ranked play is for arenas and not 8v8 play. I shudder at all the nasty crap that came out of WoW arenas......

Wonder if that means no new warzones? Was hoping for new ones.

*Edit: and lol the forum shit storm already starting about this update since it has pve content in it and only one pvp update. They really did kinda pulled the rug from under people if the arena stuff is all they are adding, a ton of people are not going to like that. So many have been asking for larger and more open pvp, not smaller pvp.

Naturally. Like they are the same teams.

Oricron is likely the location of the new Ops but it seems like it's also separate story content or there would be no need to mention it. It'll probably be something like Ilum where there is a story quest line that ultimately leads into the Ops.

HBroward

This is nice news, aside from the veering away of the pvp focus for the patch. It also means there is only one update left from the launch leaks left to go after this one, see you guys on Rakata Prime!

Jrmint

Question about Biochem.

So I just hit 450 Biiochem last night and was honestly pretty disappointed because there was nothing new to train at 450.

I understand I can make the blue versions if the 54 stims. Are those pretty marketable?

Also is there a place I can buy any 450 recipes?

Overall if you guys have any tips with the best course of action with maxed out biochem.

Biochem is not really money maker, but one of the more useful crew skills with best stims, adrenals and buffs. Endgame runners usually want the blue stuff for its continual benefits through death.

You can also acquire the high end recipes for the implants.

Just remember only biochems can use the reusable ones, so again not a big money maker, but is an awesome bonus for your own character to have unlimited supply of the best stims and such. My biochem also essentially always is supplying my alts with the best stims, adrenals, medpacks you can get.

Sorian

Banned
TAUNTAUN MOUNTS!!!!!

http://dulfy.net/2013/07/19/swtor-tauntaun-mounts-are-coming/#more-47637

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Top Bottom