• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
TAUNTAUN MOUNTS!!!!!

http://dulfy.net/2013/07/19/swtor-tauntaun-mounts-are-coming/#more-47637

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Looks good!

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I am surprised it isn't in gamble boxes.

Personally, I want a spacewhaleeagle mount.

RPGCrazied

I'll probably never have the chance for another mount. If it wasn't for that gaffer, I would still be using sprint to get around.

Jrmint

So I did Terror from Beyond for the first time last night. Wow, what an awesome raid. The setting was so cool, some of the boss fights were super fun especially Operator and TFB himself. After doing only a couple level 50 raids before that it is very encouraging to see how much they've improved in encounter design and environment.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So I did Terror from Beyond for the first time last night. Wow, what an awesome raid. The setting was so cool, some of the boss fights were super fun especially Operator and TFB himself. After doing only a couple level 50 raids before that it is very encouraging to see how much they've improved in encounter design and environment.

Yeah, it's really really well done. Scum and Villainy is great as well but I think it's just a bit too long.

Sorian

Banned

Herself actually if you pay attention to the little babies that run at you from out of its vagina :p

Yeah, it's really really well done. Scum and Villainy is great as well but I think it's just a bit too long.

I get the feeling they realized people didn't like the length and the two new raids coming in october reflect that. The similar naming scheme tells me that they may be a part 1 and part 2 raid and together they add up to s&v with maybe a bit extra (4 and 4 for a total of 8 instead of 7, perhaps?)

Rokam

Playing the Trooper storyline makes me sad there wasn't a sequel to Republic Commando. Give me an Imperial Commando game or something to shake it up.

GungHo

Confession: I've never played a group event in this game. I haven't done an MMO with a PUG since the early days of WoW, which scarred me for life. Hell, I just skip most of the Heroic missions until I'm very overleveled and then only do it if there's an orange reward or if I need some Planetary Comms fast. The Star Trek game's fleet stuff was ok, because no one cared about "roles".

StudioTan

The Gree event comes back tomorrow, level 55 this time. I can finally get my sphere.

Heysoos

So, PVP on Jedi Covenant is quickly falling into Keller's Void levels. Constant Rep vs Rep matches with constant matches starting with teams missing 2-3 players at a time. I may have to actually trasnfer. Or quit.

Milly79

So, PVP on Jedi Covenant is quickly falling into Keller's Void levels. Constant Rep vs Rep matches with constant matches starting with teams missing 2-3 players at a time. I may have to actually trasnfer. Or quit.

Pot5 is not a good place for Pubs...

Especially for a solo q'er like yourself. You will get very pissed.

Sorian

Banned
Confession: I've never played a group event in this game. I haven't done an MMO with a PUG since the early days of WoW, which scarred me for life. Hell, I just skip most of the Heroic missions until I'm very overleveled and then only do it if there's an orange reward or if I need some Planetary Comms fast. The Star Trek game's fleet stuff was ok, because no one cared about "roles".

Just bite the bullet and jump in. I pug more often than not (I do have a dedicated raid team each week but otherwise I like to spread myself around) and its been far and between when I get a shitty group. Just don't try to tackle actual difficult content with a pug and you should be fine (Nightmare TFB/S&V, your discretion on whether you think HM TFB/S&V is hard or not).

Heysoos

Been somewhat playing on my Assassin on POT5. It sucks balls to have to start over without all my mains feeding me stuff. I think Jaycam's time is quickly coming to an end on SWTOR.

vilmer_

Yooni brother, your guildies live stream is getting POT5'd. It's a war zone, and I don't mean the game lol. So much drama, STILL, on this damn server.

StudioTan

Are you guys republic on POT5? I recreated my smuggler there and might level him to do some PVP but I don't want to join my old guild who transferred there, they kind of annoyed me.

Rokam

How is it that they still don't have a "show only my buffs/debuffs option." I don't get how a game with DoT effects can not have this.

Cystm

How is it that they still don't have a "show only my buffs/debuffs option." I don't get how a game with DoT effects can not have this.

"WALL OF CRAAAAAAZZZZZY."

Damion Schubert believes it is perfectly normal to take your time with an MMO in every aspect. "After all look how long it took WoW to evolve."

People with expectations of what the game should or should not have, are seemingly deemed as crazy, and their input is allocated to Damion's "Wall of Crazy."

E: He has gone in and taken ideas from said wall, from time to time. Bless his heart.

GungHo

If I gotta pay for it, I want to be able to switch subclasses, complete with a credit refund for all the subclass specific skills I bought. Fuck it. It's all in a table somewhere. They can figure the shit out. If you're gonna make me pay for it, give me full service.

GungHo

I will be as well, but I am saying that if they wish to extract my money for spec-related bullshit, they need to go all the way,

StudioTan

BP_sRsbCIAEoRR6.jpg

Tweeted by Cory Butler.

Jrmint

Yea I definitely don't see that happening. Some of the class changes are fundamentally so huge.

Like Sniper and Operative or Assassin and Sorc.

StudioTan

It's more than just the mount, that looks like a track....plus, a Boontas Eve race was datamined about a month ago.

HBroward

So who is on Pot5 at this point from Gaf. I have 5 characters there, just would like to know who some of you guys play on:

Trevail - Gunslinger
Ishtar - Sage
Liebermeister - Sentinel
Camfound - Scoundrel
Camdebt - Operative

Cystm

I WILL CONSIDER PLAYING THIS GAME AGAIN IF YOU ARE ALL ON THE SAME SERVER. I WILL TRANSFER ALL 12 CHARACTERS TO YOUR PRECIOUS PVP SERVER. I WANT TO ARENA WITH YOU.

i7VD2GApriDiz.gif

I have 1400 Cartel Coins left. Had over 2000 but spent it on Cathar. I just usually buy all my cartel market stuff off of the GTN. Think I'll just keep saving them until the end of time.

Jrmint

So I finally got around to unlocking and making a Cathar.

Only costed me 450k credits and they actually do look pretty cool.

Do they have their own animations? Or did Bioware just reskin something?

So I finally got around to unlocking and making a Cathar.

Only costed me 450 credits and they actually do look pretty cool.

Do they have their own animations? Or did Bioware just reskin something?
Cathar do share the same animations as the rest of the races. I also think they share some customization options as well in some of the head options but other than that they are pretty unique.

Rokam

Is there a good site or youtuber that has flashpoint guides? Don't like going in blind and some of the guides out there are from beta.

Top Bottom