• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Rokam

Thanks! Just hit 50, still have Corellia left, thoroughly enjoying chapter 3 of the Trooper story. Time to hit up the Gree Event!

First mob I killed on Ilum dropped a level 53 Orange assault cannon, thanks loot gods!

Welp, so after playing like 30 hours of the Secret World inside a week. I've got the MMO bug. I'm not a big star wars fan and this always struck me as something that would be much more enjoyable with a love for the series, but I do like SCI-FI and well.. can't argue with free-to-play even though the subscription is tempting. I guess we'll see how this goes!

vilmer_

So who is on Pot5 at this point from Gaf. I have 5 characters there, just would like to know who some of you guys play on:

Trevail - Gunslinger
Ishtar - Sage
Liebermeister - Sentinel
Camfound - Scoundrel
Camdebt - Operative

I'm still there, only been logging in sporadically lately as I've been pretty busy with work and other irl stuff. Guardians name is Vilmzy. I wouldn't suggest solo queuing as a Pub right now (just in case you were considering) as the Imps are just growing in size constantly with high level pvp guild transfers, unless you are very confident!

I've mentioned this before in the thread, but make sure to look for people in the guilds Hoth Ski Patrol and Hostile Takeover on the Pub side. I'd also like to mention a Sage named Vittoriio. He is one of the best Sages on the server and has been since the first mega merge. If you see him don't be afraid to ask if he has a group going! Just tell him I said hi :)

Alur

Pretty sure I saw Alur pvping earlier. :) Too bad my team got annihilated.

'twas not I. I haven't played since one night of leveling with Trevin/HBroward a week after the expansion launched. I've been AWOL, though I am still subbed.

So you guys have pub PVPers on POT5 and its imp heavy? Why no imps transferred?

Rokam

I get the feeling finding a group for the final Seeker Droid quest is going to be a pain, especially with my odd hours.

HBroward

'twas not I. I haven't played since one night of leveling with Trevin/HBroward a week after the expansion launched. I've been AWOL, though I am still subbed.

So you guys have pub PVPers on POT5 and its imp heavy? Why no imps transferred?

Well, most of Uncensored joined Lethal Dose Fifty prior to the transfers, so we brought our pubs over instead. Anore and I, with occasional surprise appearances by Yooni, still raid on our Imps on JC. My operative is in Uncensored on imp side of pot5 though, Panser and Aux just transferred back there from Bastion, but Devil, Blunti and Eisen are in Clutch atm (They all refused to join LD and go pub, no big surprise there haha), still not sure if they are going to come back or not. I would recommend bringing your imps if you do come, Pubs are massive underdogs on that server, every game is a hard carry. Aside from double premades of LD and Hostile Takeover or S-Key.

Alur

Well, most of Uncensored joined Lethal Dose Fifty prior to the transfers, so we brought our pubs over instead. Anore and I, with occasional surprise appearances by Yooni, still raid on our Imps on JC. My operative is in Uncensored on imp side of pot5 though, Panser and Aux just transferred back there from Bastion, but Devil, Blunti and Eisen are in Clutch atm (They all refused to join LD and go pub, no big surprise there haha), still not sure if they are going to come back or not. I would recommend bringing your imps if you do come, Pubs are massive underdogs on that server, every game is a hard carry. Aside from double premades of LD and Hostile Takeover or S-Key.

Wait, what? I'm confused.

Pub is dominant on POT5, and imp is dominant on JC now, right? I think that's what you're saying.

Milly79

Wait, what? I'm confused.

Pub is dominant on POT5, and imp is dominant on JC now, right? I think that's what you're saying.

Opposite. Pub is terrible on PoT5. I only play Pub in ranked or very special occasions. It's better to solo queue on Imp side. Not sure about JC. I'd assume it's pretty even or a little bit Pub since SS and some of PD stayed around (what a shocker -- regs must be even easier!)

Rokam

I just want to say, not being able to charge or interrupt people in cover is really fucking stupid. I don't really understand it, and if the reasoning is because they have to stand still to use the majority of their abilities, well you know so does every other caster class with the exception of a couple of abilities. Just let me do one or the other... please!!!

HBroward

Opposite. Pub is terrible on PoT5. I only play Pub in ranked or very special occasions. It's better to solo queue on Imp side. Not sure about JC. I'd assume it's pretty even or a little bit Pub since SS and some of PD stayed around (what a shocker -- regs must be even easier!)

Yeah, it's night and day between the imp scrubs and the pub scrubs, the Imps are just better all around. The pubs have the absolute worst random dps ever. The only dps you have are the ones you brought, and given the number of healers(usually ops) on the imp side each game, good luck having anything die! Imp side I have been queueing with Devil and Blunti on my op, and we usually get an I am Legend or other great guild alongside us each game.

Sorian

Banned
I just want to say, not being able to charge or interrupt people in cover is really fucking stupid. I don't really understand it, and if the reasoning is because they have to stand still to use the majority of their abilities, well you know so does every other caster class with the exception of a couple of abilities. Just let me do one or the other... please!!!

They also have significantly longer cast and channel times. I believe that is the reason.

Rokam

Hmm so didn't realize the Serendipitous Assault relic was made via crafting, and now I have a bunch of basic commendations with nothing to spend them on, should I use these to gear my companion or use them for something else I don't know about?

Decided to attempt soloing the HK parts, False Emperor was a walk in the park, but HM Maelstrom caused me some troubles. Trash for the most part was pretty forgiving assuming there was somewhere I could LoS them, the boss with his pet bird thing had a habit of one shotting my companion but eventually got him down. That group of 3 sith was a pain just had to burn one and resign myself to death. And finally came the bastard, did not realize his enrage timer was so tight. Eventually just skipped killing the adds and hauled ass to knock him out from behind his cover and then LoS'd to aoe everything. Had quite a few wipes, but pretty happy to have finally downed him, he enraged but finished him off before he got me. I know it was down at 50, but it felt good! Now to start the boring part :(.

And 3 hours later all parts found, Dromund Kaas can eat a dick.

kmz

Neo Member
The SA relic also drops from Ops. (Arkanian from Thrasher in S&V, UW token in HM Dread Guards in TFB.)

I'd probably spend basic comms on Vials of Isotope-5. Very high demand crafting item.

RPGCrazied

Really need to play again. Been a couple weeks. But the only quests I have I can't seem to solo, and I don't know where to get more. I think I'm level 31 or so.

If you don't want any of the schematics for sale for basic coms, as said, vials of isotope-5 you can get and sell for decent credits.

Gearing up your companions isn't bad either, it all helps deal with the daily/solo content faster.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I might not put companions in full purples, but putting them in level 53~55 blues is definitely a worthy goal, especially if that companion is your go-to.

Jrmint

It's easier than you think to get them in purples. I've had lots of drops in 55 hm's that I could use for my Malavi Quinn, plus basic comms and classic comms.

Also there's that Heroic 4 on Makeb that gets you nice weapons for your companion. I believe they're the same quality as the basic comms.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I decided to log on my 24 pyro-spec powertech last night for the first time in a while. I hit 25 and man, the prototype particle accelerator skill really is a spec-definer. All of a sudden I can blast off heat-negative rail shots twice as often as I used to fire off heat-spending rail shots, I immediately noticed a difference in heat build up and my ability to spam out more flame blasts.

Treek is going to cost about $21 via cartel market.

You have to pay an additional $7 to unlock him via collections for all your characters.

Via Legacy it's lvl 40 legacy lvl and 1 mil credits. Each character on your legacy can then but Treek for 300k each.

dewdrop

Banned
LEGO-GAF sends it's regards! This guy comes out today, picked myself up one.

c050b1b78b2cd48058bcdc88482388f2.jpg

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Jedi-Defender-class-Cruiser-75025

kmz

Neo Member
Treek is going to cost about $21 via cartel market.

You have to pay an additional $7 to unlock him via collections for all your characters.

Via Legacy it's lvl 40 legacy lvl and 1 mil credits. Each character on your legacy can then but Treek for 300k each.

Based on the way it's worded, you can mix and match too. So I'm probably going to use credits to do the initial unlock and then Cartel Coins to unlock for my account.

Heysoos

What I've learned from my time on POT5:

Fuck objectives.

imp side

Though to be fair, that seems to be common in every server. But yeah, 5/6 games I played, people really don't like playing objectives. Our nodes were constantly unguarded, or uncapped.

Milly79

What I've learned from my time on POT5:

Fuck objectives.

imp side

Though to be fair, that seems to be common in every server. But yeah, 5/6 games I played, people really don't like playing objectives. Our nodes were constantly unguarded, or uncapped.

Welcome to PoT5! Skill cap is higher, but there's no time for objectives!

Heysoos

Mainly happens when you have a 4 man of a good guild. They just just want to TDM all game. Happens to a lesser extent on Pub side.

It's actually a little disheartening, I constantly see Pubs playing the objectives, but on every team I'm in, they seem to get obliterated once my team decides to take back the objective. I was in one Hypergates where the rep teams would constantly capture both nodes, and hold it for long stretches until at moments notice it would seem my team would wake up and take it back like nothing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've noticed you can get 60 day cards on ebay for $23. Is that the cheapest sub option that is readily available?

Rokam

Really getting sick of 6 vs 8 warzones. Seems every game I join we never have a full team and it's just a slaughter. I assume this is because I only play super late? And another question, are threat drops in this game useless or is there some hidden mechanic to how it actually works, I can stop dps'ing the second I pull aggro and use the cd but the mob still continues to beat on me.

Sorian

Banned
Really getting sick of 6 vs 8 warzones. Seems every game I join we never have a full team and it's just a slaughter. I assume this is because I only play super late? And another question, are threat drops in this game useless or is there some hidden mechanic to how it actually works, I can stop dps'ing the second I pull aggro and use the cd but the mob still continues to beat on me.

Not useless but you can't imagine the threat drop as a high threat to 0 button. You have to imagine it as a number scale. (Bullshitting numbers here) Say you have 800k threat and the tank has 500k threat. You use your drop and it may suck off 200k threat, you are still ahead of the tank but at least now he needs to work less to beat you on the threat. I believe the button drops 30%(?) of your current threat, could be wrong on that though but I do remember reading something like that once when I was researching the topic.

Subbed back for 2.3... wow it really seems like the player pop has taken a bit of a dump again seeing the player counts on the individual planets. 2.3 can't come soon enough.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Subbed back for 2.3... wow it really seems like the player pop has taken a bit of a dump again seeing the player counts on the individual planets. 2.3 can't come soon enough.

It's not just that, summer lulls are normal. Having said that the population on Shadowlands is still very healthy even though a bunch of PVPers transferred to POT5.

Rokam

So needed to finish up my Weekly for the HM FPs, get into a group with 3 people in the same guild, nice smooth run, laughs are had... forget to click console at end of the FP to complete it. Son of a bitch :(.

Do you just buy one with credits or is there a quest to complete?

You need 15 or 20 domestication token thingies. You can buy the tokens for 100k credits each to outright buy the mount (the cheaper one is subscriber only). Or you can go search for nests on Hoth using your macrobinoculars and use bait to have a chance of acquiring the tokens by fighting off Wampas.

So you can just use credits to buy the mount outright or speed up getting the tokens you need to get the mount if you don't want to waste time searching the nests around Hoth.

Anoregon

You need 15 or 20 domestication token thingies. You can buy the tokens for 100k credits each to outright buy the mount (the cheaper one is subscriber only). Or you can go search for nests on Hoth using your macrobinoculars and use bait to have a chance of acquiring the tokens by fighting off Wampas.

So you can just use credits to buy the mount outright or speed up getting the tokens you need to get the mount if you don't want to waste time searching the nests around Hoth.

I want to fight off tauntauns for a wampa mount.

ShaneB

Yesterday I logged in with my preferred status, what are the main account unlocks I should be buying via CC/GTN? I totally forget what is actually available

Top Bottom