• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Jrmint

You need 15 or 20 domestication token thingies. You can buy the tokens for 100k credits each to outright buy the mount (the cheaper one is subscriber only). Or you can go search for nests on Hoth using your macrobinoculars and use bait to have a chance of acquiring the tokens by fighting off Wampas.

So you can just use credits to buy the mount outright or speed up getting the tokens you need to get the mount if you don't want to waste time searching the nests around Hoth.
Do you have any experience getting the bait from the wampas? Is it a big pain in the ass?

I haven't done it yet, but apparently you buy the bait/lures for 500 creds each and then use them at the nests. There's a high chance of failure but if you succeed you get the wampa to attack

Are the nests something which can be camped? Or can I grab like 30 of the baits and keep using it at one?

Doesn't sound like it, believe the nest goes away once someone uses it and they respawn every 20-30 min I think. The nests appear in 5 different areas. Like dig sites you can always switch instance of the planet to try and find new nest locations.

Sounds like it can take a while to get enough of the domestication tokens, especially at launch of the patch since there's going to be a rush of people on Hoth trying to get them.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Doesn't sound like it, believe the nest goes away once someone uses it and they respawn every 20-30 min I think. The nests appear in 5 different areas. Like dig sites you can always switch instance of the planet to try and find new nest locations.

Sounds like it can take a while to get enough of the domestication tokens, especially at launch of the patch since there's going to be a rush of people on Hoth trying to get them.

Sounds like the stupid red thranta daily.

Jrmint

Dammit that sounds shitty. I may have to just pony up the creds.

Sorian

Banned
Played around with the tauntaun thing this morning before work. The way it works is each nest has 3 tauntaun babies in it. You can use the lure on each baby and it does not despawn if someone else uses it. According to dulfy, the success rate is a low 20%. Once you've used a lure on a baby, you can't use it on the same one for about a half hour but you can change instances to get a new 3 from each nest.

Edit: For my results, I used it on 9 and only got one spawn.

Rokam

Just realized the achievements for the Bounty Hunter event reward cartel coins, I think there's 4-5 that each reward 20. Very nice.

Jrmint

Really not super impressed with this new daily area or the flashpoints.

I'm happy there's new content but it's pretty bland.

Really not super impressed with this new daily area or the flashpoints.

I'm happy there's new content but it's pretty bland.

Didn't do the flashpoints yet, but yea the new dailies are super easy and boring. Its also a very small daily hub compared to the previous ones, all the quest are essentially in the same area.

Sorian

Banned
Didn't do the flashpoints yet, but yea the new dailies are super easy and boring. Its also a very small daily hub compared to the previous ones, all the quest are essentially in the same area.

Seems that was a creative decision to foster world pvp on pvp servers. At least, that's what I've been told. Still not impressed though.

Well did the new flashpoints, outside of the final boss of the 2nd new one, it was quite bland experience, pretty much all reused assets. They are pretty short to play though, kinda feels like it was just one big flashpoint that got separated in 2, especially with how the first part ends and is essentially walking into part 2's.

Pretty meh new content, but at least some new hardmode flashpoints for the rotation, was getting bored of the same four.

Rokam

Pretty much. Doing dailies every day, a lot of flashpoints, and stuff like that would be good too.

My google-fu has failed me, do you happen to know if the XP boost items work on legacy levels as well? Have a ton I never got around to using.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I got the tauntaun mount, it's really very cool, it moves really well.

Took me about 2 hours switching between 4 instances and I needed about 70-80 lures which comes out to almost exactly 20% success rate. That's still only 40k credits so all in all not bad at all!

Heysoos

Did I ever beat you? I know I just kept throwing you around on CD.

Yep, got beat twice by your team, beat you twice. And yes you were, I kinda figured the Jugg knew me because you kept throwing me while the healers were just free casting. :p

Tried the new FP (Czerka Corporate Labs), it was alright. Kinda short, but the first boss made us wipe twice. First due to everyone staying on water and not being prepared and second due to the healer getting pulled at the worst time possible. Easy enough.

Anyone else having a problem with the second flashpoint not counting towards completion of the weekly? Ran it three times and it hasn't updated for me. :(

Milly79

Yep, got beat twice by your team, beat you twice. And yes you were, I kinda figured the Jugg knew me because you kept throwing me while the healers were just free casting. :p

Tried the new FP (Czerka Corporate Labs), it was alright. Kinda short, but the first boss made us wipe twice. First due to everyone staying on water and not being prepared and second due to the healer getting pulled at the worst time possible. Easy enough.

Sucks I got a decent amount of prot just by taunting mostly. Having no healers sucks and you hardly see good ones solo queuing at low levels. Tanking is a lot of fun. Still learning a lot and I really don't like solo queuing as a tank.

Did the new FPs, dailies and got a tauntaun the real way. Have to say I like the locale of the FPs, but they're hella short. Only did SM though, so it was a breeze. Nice not having to have the trinity in there too!

While the tauntaun was a grind, it only took me an hour and a half or so while switching instances twice and it was a pretty fun.

The daily area was packed and took longer than expected. Super short still and would like to revisit it when it dies down. All in all it was a decent patch that added some real "new" content. Nice to get away from PvP for a little bit.

UltraMav

Gotta say I'm disappointed with the lack of polish on this update. Czerka quest givers located in the daily area while spouting dialogue indicating they're on fleet (and sending you back to fleet for another dialogue), as well as simple things like blank boxes around the planet in the sky on Czerka instead of stars.

I do like the way it's laid out and the small size should work well for a daily area. And Treek/Tauntaun are both awesome.

Still undecided on the coloring changes...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think the HK-51 customization from the new bounty rep is pretty cool.

swtor-bh-7x-hk-customization-bounty-broker-association_thumb.jpg

Gotta say I'm disappointed with the lack of polish on this update. Czerka quest givers located in the daily area while spouting dialogue indicating they're on fleet (and sending you back to fleet for another dialogue), as well as simple things like blank boxes around the planet in the sky on Czerka instead of stars.

I do like the way it's laid out and the small size should work well for a daily area. And Treek/Tauntaun are both awesome.

Still undecided on the coloring changes...

So far the pve content updates have been good, this has been their weakest offering I think, feels really small and lazy with how it was done compared to their previous jobs. The FPs obviously was one bigger one cut in two, and their small size makes em feel like heroics instead.

I like the new coloring, everything really pops. Some of the brighter colored objects and dyes though are really highlighted now a bit too much. So many people colored like clowns now.... problem with dye systems, customization is nice, but so many people just have no taste :p

Jrmint

So I haven't bought Treek yet but it's really disappointing she only comes with level 10 gear with how expensive it is to get her.

I suppose basic comms are the best way to gear her up?

So I haven't bought Treek yet but it's really disappointing she only comes with level 10 gear with how expensive it is to get her.

I suppose basic comms are the best way to gear her up?

Probably has to do with them not able to get gear to spawn with it that scales. Problem was same with HK-51 who came with lvl 50 gear. Players who unlock HK-51 on new alts then had a naked HK-51 since he couldn't use his gear anymore. Devs said it was a technical issue they couldn't get working that he companions would have scaling gear depending on when you unlock him.

Seems with Treek to avoid this they just give him lvl 10 gear right from the bat.

HBroward

Anyone else having a problem with the second flashpoint not counting towards completion of the weekly? Ran it three times and it hasn't updated for me. :(

The second character that I picked up the new CZ-198 weekly on, didn't receive credit when I completed both the flashpoints, kinda discourages me from trying to grind this out when you don't get credit sometimes. Hope that gets sorted out fast.

The second character that I picked up the new CZ-198 weekly on, didn't receive credit when I completed both the flashpoints, kinda discourages me from trying to grind this out when you don't get credit sometimes. Hope that gets sorted out fast.

Lot of folks saying that on the forum and in game. It counted for me both times though using the group finder.

Yeah took me a couple tries for it to take.
Well I'm glad that I am not the only one experiencing this then. It's still not giving me credit so I guess I'll just wait for a fix.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Very smart to make the first mount available cheap in game before putting one on the market. Very excited though, I had one of those in SWG. I'm looking forward to Dewbacks and Banthas!

Rokam

Wish Dulfy would have waited to release the stuff about the rare spawn dropping a mount in the new daily area, spent 2 hours last night camping with no luck, log on today and there's 5-6 people there spamming AoE's :(.

Wish Dulfy would have waited to release the stuff about the rare spawn dropping a mount in the new daily area, spent 2 hours last night camping with no luck, log on today and there's 5-6 people there spamming AoE's :(.
You live by the Dulfy and you die by the Dulfy.

So with Varactyls coming soon I wonder how many of these creature mounts they've been holding back on so they can release them regularly.

kmz

Neo Member
Any tips on gaining legacy levels, or is alt leveling the quickest way?

Actually playing high level characters will get your legacy up faster than running alts, since higher level quests give a lot more XP (and thus legacy XP). Even if you don't gain any actual XP since you're max-level, you're still gaining legacy XP.

Apparently the bug with the flashpoints is that if the group leader doesn't have the Weekly/already completed the weekly/already completed that FP for the weekly, then it doesn't count for anybody. Basically it only completes for everybody in the group if it completes for the leader. Supposed to be fixed by the patch tonight.

I've been buying Tauntaun Data from people on Hoth and fleet. Usually 50-60k each, though occasionally there's somebody selling for like 10-20k.

Rokam

Ran HM Core Meltdown... pretty damn easy, we had some issues with tank positioning on the sand biodome boss, but other than that the last guy was a freaking joke. Easy loots! Still wonder what's up with those people in the glass case in middle of the room before the last boss. When I solo'd it they died, in groups they always live.

Milly79

Sweet, I don't have to feel bad about being too lazy to get a Taun Taun now. They will be the old news by then.

We have grinded for less shit and longer... I'll never forget our route to 55 and the time we wasted on some shit day 1. The Taun is so worth it and 1-2 hours of your time. Invest in it.

kmz

Neo Member
Tauntaun mounts are seriously just the best fucking thing. I paid full price for one on my main and I have no regrets.

Top Bottom