• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

kmz

Neo Member
That's a bug. (A pretty damn terrible bug, hopefully there'll be a hotfix soon.) Apparently there's issues with basically all reputation armor and maybe Cartel armor too.

Looks like the Rakghoul event is making a return. A faction for the event was found in this patch. I wasn't there for the first Rakghoul event so I'm happy to see it coming back.

Moff

the first rakghoul event was really great because it came out of nowhere and was really cool. I alway hoped this would be continued sooner.

Alur

Wow the cybertetic armour is badass!

This! Damn. That leg!

So no more ranked? Not surprised, that forum post from Shinarika pretty much summed it up better than I ever could have. I am amused that anyone is upset they are going and being replaced by something more realistic for the population, considering all the complaining everyone I've ever played with has done about them (minus the server xfer dollars wasted, that complaint is realistic, but hey, at least you can arena with the best still!).

Arena sounds cool though, that PVP deathmatch (most) everyone always wanted but claimed not to.

Glad folks are still enjoying the game, though. And where were these awesome mounts while I was playing =/.

Cystm

Anyone in here trying FF14 out? If so what server?

New character server is Ultros. Check out the |OT|. Insane amount of guild info. Really well done OP.

Add me when you get in. Name's Cystm Believe (They force you to pick a last name, which I clearly don't really care for lol)

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Do you know if you can make 2 characters on different servers? Or are you stuck on whatever server you first make a toon on?

You can make characters on multiple servers. You can also move characters between servers.

Making characters on multiple servers, however, is something that's discouraged mechanically due to the way legacy works. It doesn't span multiple servers, so things that key off of legacy like passive boosts and the like won't happen for you. You also don't get to share reputation boots and that sort of thing, nor can you mail things server-to-server.

HBroward

You can make characters on multiple servers. You can also move characters between servers.

Making characters on multiple servers, however, is something that's discouraged mechanically due to the way legacy works. It doesn't span multiple servers, so things that key off of legacy like passive boosts and the like won't happen for you. You also don't get to share reputation boots and that sort of thing, nor can you mail things server-to-server.

My bad I should have quoted Cystm, it was actually an offtopic question about how it would work in FF14. Probably should have just asked in that thread.

My bad I should have quoted Cystm, it was actually an offtopic question about how it would work in FF14. Probably should have just asked in that thread.
You can make another character on another server. Depending on which sub you're taking it's either 1 per server ($12.99) or 8 per server ($14.99)

Alur

Thanks, the main thread was so busy I never have gotten a response!

Are you playing to check it out or playing to play? I was all in on it, but in the downtime between betas I kind of forgot about it and so I'm unsure if I'm still in at launch or not. If you're going in though I'll give it a go. It's pretty sweet, to be honest, and there were a shit ton of folks in the beta.

HBroward

Are you playing to check it out or playing to play? I was all in on it, but in the downtime between betas I kind of forgot about it and so I'm unsure if I'm still in at launch or not. If you're going in though I'll give it a go. It's pretty sweet, to be honest, and there were a shit ton of folks in the beta.

Yeah, I probably will stick with it if I enjoy it. I think I may roll on the Goblin server though, basically most of my old pvp guild is going to that server, and have a free company and all set up and ready to go. I do want to play with the gaf guild though, so I'm pretty torn.

Heysoos

I bit and got FFXIV too, something to kill sometime since SWTOR PVP has been on the down slope lately. I'll be on Ultros so add me. :)

Alur

Yeah, I probably will stick with it if I enjoy it. I think I may roll on the Goblin server though, basically most of my old pvp guild is going to that server, and have a free company and all set up and ready to go. I do want to play with the gaf guild though, so I'm pretty torn.

You're gonna choose Uncensored folks over GAF? For shame, Trevin, for shame.

I bit and got FFXIV too, something to kill sometime since SWTOR PVP has been on the down slope lately. I'll be on Ultros so add me. :)

What's your characters name? That last name is annoying when it comes to contacting folks.

Heysoos

You're gonna choose Uncensored folks over GAF? For shame, Trevin, for shame.

What's your characters name? That last name is annoying when it comes to contacting folks.

I'll update you tomorrow. I was in the beta with a dummy account I made because I got a German beta key, so going to start fresh. I'm only losing like a 3-4 hours worth tops so no biggie.

Edit:

If I can ever get the damn website to load. Guessing it's getting hammered? Also where do I put in my key to get early access?

double edit:

probably the wrong place to ask :p

HBroward

I'll update you tomorrow. I was in the beta with a dummy account I made because I got a German beta key, so going to start fresh. I'm only losing like a 3-4 hours worth tops so no biggie.

Edit:

If I can ever get the damn website to load. Guessing it's getting hammered? Also where do I put in my key to get early access?

double edit:

probably the wrong place to ask :p

Damn my buddy bought it at 1 am and got everything registered fine, sounds like shit hit the fan soon after.

This is the site to use your preorder code you got:
http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

EDIT: I made a character on Goblin and Ultros, it's Ishamael Nae'blis on both if anyone wants to add me.

Heysoos

So, anyone still play on Jedi Council server? I'm looking for an Empire guild since the GAF one seems dead.

Jedi Covenant? The Empire guild we have there is pretty much where people camp their alts, not much going on there. The Republic guild is mostly active in the afternoons, unfortunately, but that seems to be a server wide thing. We still have some Imp members though. Talk to Yooni see if he can get you into one imp guilds he's been in.

HBroward

Jedi Covenant? The Empire guild we have there is pretty much where people camp their alts, not much going on there. The Republic guild is mostly active in the afternoons, unfortunately, but that seems to be a server wide thing. We still have some Imp members though. Talk to Yooni see if he can get you into one imp guilds he's been in.

Yooni has quit the game, and our raid group fell apart. I don't even know what to recommend imp side right now.

Hex

Banned
Got my Jedi Sage and my Smuggler both to the Republic fleet.
How does banking work in Old Republic?

Nvm I was overcomplicating it for myself.

Edit: I took Slicing, Underworld whatever and cybertech for my Scoundrel, I think I may have made a mistake because it looks like to make anything with Cybertech it requires scavenged parts?

Jrmint

It's very easy to choose a new profession. Just hit the x on your crew skill screen and you can cancel underworld trading to pick up scavenging.

Cystm

Sorian

Banned
That concept art looks so good. That's cool they are bringing in Dewbacks. They have been doing pretty good content wise, in almost every aspect.

I am still a whore for PvP, but a new Huttball map and Ranked Solo queue / 4v4 arenas are great. I just need an Armory (WoW) or Lodstone (FFXIV) system, a ranking system like LoL and world pvp to matter.

Basically this.

I would PvP so much more if we could get dual specs in.

HBroward

So does that mean you too are taking a break to try FFXIV?

I guess. SWTOR is really fun but also kinda stale. Maybe they will change some stuff up with the arena concept and pull me back in. FFXIV is really fun, and the idea of just having one character will all the classes is really nice, SWTOR could gain a lot by adopting the gear set system they use. It's really nice hopping between classes and having all the gear change at the same time. Honestly my initial impression wasn't that good during the early beta weekends, but the game is really fun and grabbing me. We will have to see how all the group content plays out, I'm not high enough to really judge that yet of course.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I've started playing SWTOR again and with transfers I can finally use my cartel coin stack, transfer over my jedi knight, and level him up. I'm having fun going thorugh the story, and with all the xp bonuses I don't really have to do many of the filler quests. Think I always enjoyed SWTOR more treating it like a single player KOTOR III. I just don't have the patience or time anymore to deal with any MMO's endgame "grind"/time investment.

I checked out FF14, but not a big fan. That universe doesn't appeal to me at all either.

Hex

Banned
Are there any perks to getting Rise of the Hutts before high level at all?
Just deciding if there is any point in actually grabbing it at the moment.

So I've been reading that assassins/shadows are considered pretty crap for high level content? I'm kind of bummed, if they're super undesirable I guess I should start leveling something else so I can actually get into groups when I get to the end game stuff. Or is the situation exaggerated on the Bioware forums? (this would not surprise me of course)

HBroward

I've started playing SWTOR again and with transfers I can finally use my cartel coin stack, transfer over my jedi knight, and level him up. I'm having fun going thorugh the story, and with all the xp bonuses I don't really have to do many of the filler quests. Think I always enjoyed SWTOR more treating it like a single player KOTOR III. I just don't have the patience or time anymore to deal with any MMO's endgame "grind"/time investment.

I checked out FF14, but not a big fan. That universe doesn't appeal to me at all either.

Hope that money I sent helps out, I'll still log in there to pvp when the FF14 hype starts to wear off.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Hope that money I sent helps out, I'll still log in there to pvp when the FF14 hype starts to wear off.

Shit man, thanks; I was strappin for cash too. Got me that achievement lol. Hopefully I'll be 55 on one of my imps by the time you get back, been too busy slowly leveling my jedi knight for now.

Top Bottom