• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Alur

I got a bunch of Operatives mad at me tonight. :lol

They got through the first set of doors on Voidstar, and since they were either free cast healing or just tearing my team a new one. I started force pulling them to the edge and force pushing out. Eventually a Sage on my team caught on and started force pushing them for me so that there wasn't a delay to give them a chance to roll away. Needless to say a tank and a healer did what 6 DPS couldn't. Kill the Ops.

We still lost, couldn't get past the first set of doors, even though I almost stealth capped in the beginning, but no one CCed the Sorc for me. Was worth it though.

I didn't know you were on that night. I was on imp side playing with a friend, we could've came back to the pubs to join you.

I've noticed the influx of operatives/scoundrels is hit and miss. At night, they seem to be everywhere. At least one or two on each side per game it feels like. In the day time, I don't see them quite as often after the first couple days. It is ridiculous fun, though.

I still have no clue for a sustained damage rotation but I do put out pretty good numbers. It seems like there's always this awkward gap every so often where you have no Blaster Whip, Back Blast, Sabotage Charge, or Sucker Punch due to the cooldowns (and exhausted Upper Hand charges). I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do there and I feel it costs me a decent sliver of DPS. Should I just spam my regular shot?

Heysoos

I got put into a Warzone where, literally the rest of my team were all in full PVE gear. They weren't even trying to get geared, just shooting for the PVP relic. Hope Bioware makes the PVP relic only happen in PVP situations. Sure it'd suck for those that do open world PVP, but let's be honest, there is none.

Alur

I got put into a Warzone where, literally the rest of my team were all in full PVE gear. They weren't even trying to get geared, just shooting for the PVP relic. Hope Bioware makes the PVP relic only happen in PVP situations. Sure it'd suck for those that do open world PVP, but let's be honest, there is none.

If they would just make PVE relics that are as attractive or more attractive than the PVP ones, it wouldn't be an issue.

We had two PVE all-star dudes playing in a Voidstar one night. A tank and a dps, they went to the right hand door on defense. Left side got blown up, I ask one of them to come over as we are dying. Neither moves. Another guy asks them to swap, neither moves. Third person asks, they don't move. The whole group starts complaining, they say they are just fine where they are thanks. They stood over there collecting medals until eventually the imps swapped sides and attacked their side, which finally gave us enough bodies to hold out for the win.

Gotta love it.

kmz

Neo Member
At least it's better than the old EWH days when both WH and EWH relics were better than _anything_ you could get PVE-wise. Dread Forged is better than Obroan, and the Conqueror ones are pretty crappy. I mean, Obroan is still overpowered and too attractive, but PVE purists can get BiS without PVPing now.

Heysoos

If they would just make PVE relics that are as attractive or more attractive than the PVP ones, it wouldn't be an issue.

We had two PVE all-star dudes playing in a Voidstar one night. A tank and a dps, they went to the right hand door on defense. Left side got blown up, I ask one of them to come over as we are dying. Neither moves. Another guy asks them to swap, neither moves. Third person asks, they don't move. The whole group starts complaining, they say they are just fine where they are thanks. They stood over there collecting medals until eventually the imps swapped sides and attacked their side, which finally gave us enough bodies to hold out for the win.

Gotta love it.

This really is my main beef. I don't mind, if they're actually trying to play objectives or something, but half of them just kinda run around like dumbasses, feeding kills, leaving nodes unguarded or just general camping nodes because they just want some medals.

Draxal

This really is my main beef. I don't mind, if they're actually trying to play objectives or something, but half of them just kinda run around like dumbasses, feeding kills, leaving nodes unguarded or just general camping nodes because they just want some medals.

Yeah, I hate the medal system for camping nodes in GSF as well, so incredibly frustrating in domination maps.

UltraMav

Ha, shortly after reading this a guy in a huttball match where we were losing 2 - 0 said, "God I can't wait until I get my relics so I don't have to play this scrub pub pvp."

We then proceeded to turn the game around and win, while he was busy leaping onto random DPSers...

Alur

Ha, shortly after reading this a guy in a huttball match where we were losing 2 - 0 said, "God I can't wait until I get my relics so I don't have to play this scrub pub pvp."

We then proceeded to turn the game around and win, while he was busy leaping onto random DPSers...

That's probably my biggest issue with it. The PVE dudes come in, don't want to contribute, but want to get their next best relic so they can be badass raiders.

Meanwhile, they are like "it's just PVP bro chill" and "lol who cares" when you try to tell them the correct way to do things. All the time I'm thinking, "Let me join your raid and "it's just PVE bro chill" and "lol who cares" as I stand in the shit and not heal anyone and see your thoughts on it." They'd be raging far harder.

Much like WoW had to learn (and still occasionally had issues with), there should never be an instance when PVP or PVE gear is better or comparatively much easier to get than the alternate. If they can't manage that because the PVE relics are too hard to get due to RNG, they could easily put a line of code in restricting it so that you must have the full set of Conqueror's (or whatever level gear we are on) before you can get the ranked version's relics.

You could still get your Obroan whatevers; weapons, implants, yadda yadda, but not the relics since that's the thing they seem to be unable to itemize or incentivize correctly.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So ive been super sick lately and decided to check out SWTOR again. i was there at launch for the first six months. im really liking the changes.. especially the performance gains. Anyway.. i have a question someone here might be able to answer. So ive noticed the Legacy Achievement stuff (which is pretty cool) and i noticed that the stuff that would pertain to my leveled character isnt activated. Like theres one for having a 50 IA but logging in my 50 IA doesnt seem to do anything with it. Same with Companion 10000 legacy stuff or class quest stuff. Is this something that i have to do over again or is there a way to force it to recognize (hit 51 maybe?).

Thanks in advance!

Moff

So ive been super sick lately and decided to check out SWTOR again. i was there at launch for the first six months. im really liking the changes.. especially the performance gains. Anyway.. i have a question someone here might be able to answer. So ive noticed the Legacy Achievement stuff (which is pretty cool) and i noticed that the stuff that would pertain to my leveled character isnt activated. Like theres one for having a 50 IA but logging in my 50 IA doesnt seem to do anything with it. Same with Companion 10000 legacy stuff or class quest stuff. Is this something that i have to do over again or is there a way to force it to recognize (hit 51 maybe?).

Thanks in advance!

are they all on the same sever?
for a level 50 imperial agent (with completed class quest), you shold get the legacy abilty called orbital strike for all your other characters, no matter the level, check your ability bar. you also get the agent buff on all other characters on that sever from the start.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
are they all on the same sever?
for a level 50 imperial agent (with completed class quest), you shold get the legacy abilty called orbital strike for all your other characters, no matter the level, check your ability bar. you also get the agent buff on all other characters on that sever from the start.
i must be getting it then because i noticed on my Sith Warrior i was getting Co-ordination all the time. i was like wtf is going on? lol ive work right now so i cant check further but i think youve answered my question. Thanks!

kmz

Neo Member
I've heard a lot of reports of returning players not getting all the achievements they're supposed to, so you probably will have to file a ticket with Customer Service for that. There's a lot of stuff that still won't backfill because they didn't track those stats back then, but things like class level and stuff should definitely be retroactive.

*grumbles about how pre-2.0 PVP kills didn't count even though they totally tracked it*

Alur

*grumbles about how pre-2.0 PVP kills didn't count even though they totally tracked it*

No doubt. I come back something like 6 months after Makeb to everyone running around with Manhunter titles for 50k kills. How many does it say I have? 0. I'm at 16,000 now after basically two months straight of PVPing every night. A year and a half before that of playtime mainly PVPing, surely I'd have well over 100k by now.

On a side note, I did finally hit legacy 50 the other night. Pretty proud considering it was almost entirely PVP experience.

New pack today, new mounts to chase...this time, only on the GTN though. Lesson learned.

Milly79

No doubt. I come back something like 6 months after Makeb to everyone running around with Manhunter titles for 50k kills. How many does it say I have? 0. I'm at 16,000 now after basically two months straight of PVPing every night. A year and a half before that of playtime mainly PVPing, surely I'd have well over 100k by now.

On a side note, I did finally hit legacy 50 the other night. Pretty proud considering it was almost entirely PVP experience.

New pack today, new mounts to chase...this time, only on the GTN though. Lesson learned.

Heck, I'm only at 41k, still. And all I did/do was pvp. Haha.

The Droid sidecar and mini mogul pet look cool. I'll probably try and pick those up. I really miss chasing all the pets, but there's way too many now due to packs and having some attached to coin cards.

Alur

Sorry Alur, power went out

I got you, no big deal.

BTW, in case you were curious I've been keeping track of PVP warzones I've been in for the last few days. I was wondering about our thoughts on the lack of huttball and abundance of Novare Coast and Ancient Hypergates. I'm not done yet, wanna get a good sample size, but just today it looked like this:

VS, Tatooine Canyon, AHG, NC, NC, VS, NC, AHG, NC, NC, AHG, HB

So tallied out:

VS - 2
Arena - 1
AHG - 3
NC - 5
CW - 0
HB - 1

On the plus side, despite being mostly crappy WZ's to play in, we still went 8-3 overall even with those premades running around.

Heck, I'm only at 41k, still. And all I did/do was pvp. Haha.

The Droid sidecar and mini mogul pet look cool. I'll probably try and pick those up. I really miss chasing all the pets, but there's way too many now due to packs and having some attached to coin cards.

I want the GSF ship mount and the droid sidecar. I should probably get the mini mogul pet to match the one I got way back when in GAF Empire.

I can't believe you are only at 41k...it seems like it should tally much faster, doesn't it?

Alur

Who needs pvp gear, I got the bolster! Hey guys can I be on your team?

I'd take you in a heartbeat. Any other random pug can go queue up for GSF, though :p.

Honestly, I wish a few of these dudes did queue with just bolster instead of their old Champion and Battlemaster.

Heysoos

So apparently Blue 20 mods (level 45 stuff) are on par or better than Conq. because of Bolster. You gotta be shittin me.

And people still go in massively undergeared! :p

Alur

So apparently Blue 20 mods (level 45 stuff) are on par or better than Conq. because of Bolster. You gotta be shittin me.

And people still go in massively undergeared! :p

Where have you been?

This is still the case? I thought they fixed these kinds of problems and it was only a random item or two. I really can't see it being better than Conqueror's, but I'm willing to read and find out if you can show me.

Alur

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720575

I didn't do it for the armors, like he said. The mh/oh are decent enough.

This thread is confusing as shit. I need clarifications, lol.

Ok, so 46/46/46 mods in the seven moddable armor slots are equal to or greater than Conqueror's, but slightly less than Obroan...right?

58 mods (and by it's very nature, every other higher mod (below 72's), I imagine) are better than both Conqueror's and Obroan in weapons and offhand...right?

46's in non-operative heals/sorceror based weapons = bad, right? (because white damage is lower)

I guess I need clarification because the OP and various other posters seem to assert these things and then subsequently walk them back throughout the 8 or so pages of the thread I read without actually really going into a whole lot of depth anywhere that I read.

TLDR: all those alts you have are much easier to gear now, eh, Heysoos?

Heysoos

Most of them are already in Conqueror though :(

My Slinger is full Conq minus bracers, my sage just needs ear/implants belts and bracer, my Vanguard just needs earpiece/implant and DPS relic, and Shadow DPS is just implants/ear.

So all those blue mods don't help me. Unless it's the same and I can use level 45 ear/implants

Milly79

This thread is confusing as shit. I need clarifications, lol.

Ok, so 46/46/46 mods in the seven moddable armor slots are equal to or greater than Conqueror's, but slightly less than Obroan...right?

58 mods (and by it's very nature, every other higher mod (below 72's), I imagine) are better than both Conqueror's and Obroan in weapons and offhand...right?

46's in non-operative heals/sorceror based weapons = bad, right? (because white damage is lower)

I guess I need clarification because the OP and various other posters seem to assert these things and then subsequently walk them back throughout the 8 or so pages of the thread I read without actually really going into a whole lot of depth anywhere that I read.

TLDR: all those alts you have are much easier to gear now, eh, Heysoos?

I don't know... I just know I have 33k health, up from 31 (not full Oro). My hits are harder as well. I didn't look at a full stat comparison, I just know it's a little better than the conq I have.

Alur

I don't know... I just know I have 33k health, up from 31 (not full Oro). My hits are harder as well. I didn't look at a full stat comparison, I just know it's a little better than the conq I have.

In other news, your dudes from Lethal Dose are back. So is Barbie, for that matter. Her Barbie title has been lost though, cause of the other Barbie playing all this time, but the real one is back.

LD showed up about 2 weeks after I started back (month and a half ago now or so?), said they were leveling alts to 55 and gearing them, then gonna send to the PVP server. I'm guessing they just plain couldn't hack it (I've heard their mouths got them destroyed pretty handily in ranked and more or less blackballed, no clue if that's true), or just enjoy being the big fish cause they are running four man groups now in 55s. Combat already talking that mad shit, freaking out in warzones at every little thing while soloing on imp side. Dude is like a hypochondriac.

Them coming back doesn't help my desire to continue to pvp here. I detest people who behave like that in PVP and we've already got enough of em on JC as it is. They are the kings of the trash talk though. Always talking shit to the people on their team as well as the people on the other team. Never stops. Always someone else's fault. And god forbid if you beat 'em, then it gets real salty.

Milly79

In other news, your dudes from Lethal Dose are back. So is Barbie, for that matter. Her Barbie title has been lost though, cause of the other Barbie playing all this time, but the real one is back.

LD showed up about 2 weeks after I started back (month and a half ago now or so?), said they were leveling alts to 55 and gearing them, then gonna send to the PVP server. I'm guessing they just plain couldn't hack it (I've heard their mouths got them destroyed pretty handily in ranked and more or less blackballed, no clue if that's true), or just enjoy being the big fish cause they are running four man groups now in 55s. Combat already talking that mad shit, freaking out in warzones at every little thing while soloing on imp side. Dude is like a hypochondriac.

Them coming back doesn't help my desire to continue to pvp here. I detest people who behave like that in PVP and we've already got enough of em on JC as it is. They are the kings of the trash talk though. Always talking shit to the people on their team as well as the people on the other team. Never stops. Always someone else's fault. And god forbid if you beat 'em, then it gets real salty.

It's funny because he's really cool if you're with him. Sorry to hear that though. They definitely are a little too cocky for their own good. Those are Trevin's people now! :p

Alur

It's funny because he's really cool if you're with him. Sorry to hear that though. They definitely are a little too cocky for their own good. Those are Trevin's people now! :p

Trevin's people? Did he come back and decide to neglect us here in our 6 person thread? Preposterous!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

it's kinda funny cause sw:tor is probably one of the easiest games to pick up and play pvp-wise (that's part of it's appeal to me imo, it's so easy to succeed with anything). legit i can't keep myself from laughing hysterically when people trash talk in this game

wow such skill amaze

Milly79

Trevin's people? Did he come back and decide to neglect us here in our 6 person thread? Preposterous!

He's still with them in FFXIV, last I checked. Haven't talked to him in a few months though.

The LD you're seeing on JC isn't actually them, according to Rynis. It's a Unicorn troll guild.

Alur

wow such skill amaze

That's what I'm saying. I don't get it. Just what the doge says to do I guess, so they do it. If everyone was a turd, I'd get it. But they don't play with all turds.

He's still with them in FFXIV, last I checked. Haven't talked to him in a few months though.

The LD you're seeing on JC isn't actually them, according to Rynis. It's a Unicorn troll guild.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure at least a few of them are them, I've only seen six though. I'm sure that Combat is here, or someone crafted the most epic-ally named characters and nailed the persona to troll. Even other players on both sides have referred to him as CM in games in /say and /ops. I don't recognize the other names, but then again I didn't have a lot of them committed to memory and they swapped around a lot.

The guild they run in now is Forevermen (imp side) and Lethal Dose Fifty One. Considering they had about 3 versions of their guild before, it's hard to tell whether they are the real deal or not.

Milly79

That's what I'm saying. I don't get it. Just what the doge says to do I guess, so they do it. If everyone was a turd, I'd get it. But they don't play with all turds.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure at least a few of them are them, I've only seen six though. I'm sure that Combat is here, or someone crafted the most epic-ally named characters and nailed the persona to troll. Even other players on both sides have referred to him as CM in games in /say and /ops. I don't recognize the other names, but then again I didn't have a lot of them committed to memory and they swapped around a lot.

The guild they run in now is Forevermen (imp side) and Lethal Dose Fifty One. Considering they had about 3 versions of their guild before, it's hard to tell whether they are the real deal or not.

Yeah, those are Unicorns. CM is apparently still on PoT5... Take it for what it's worth, but Rynis is still really close with them.

Alur

Yeah, those are Unicorns. CM is apparently still on PoT5... Take it for what it's worth, but Rynis is still really close with them.

Who is it from Unicorns?

I could see CM being an epic troll for only one reason. Whoever is playing him is just not very good, or purposely playing badly. We're talking hasn't broken 360k in the 5 or 6 games I've seen him in bad. EDIT: The main reason I thought it was real is because Love was talking smack to Combat in /1 in a game.

Milly79

Who is it from Unicorns?

I could see CM being an epic troll for only one reason. Whoever is playing him is just not very good, or purposely playing badly. We're talking hasn't broken 360k in the 5 or 6 games I've seen him in bad. EDIT: The main reason I thought it was real is because Love was talking smack to Combat in /1 in a game.

The only name I've heard tossed around is Cinerous... I know he has a CM Merc as well, so it may be him? Rynis specifically pointed out the LD51 tag, so at least he knows about it. I wouldn't doubt some of them maybe having some alts on JC still, but I think they either all A) quit, or B) are still on PoT5.

Well, that's Love, and most of PD for you... They're dumb.

UltraMav

Over a year since 2.0 and I'm finally ready to purchase ranked gear. Amazing what a buff patch can do to motivate you.

Should I keep grinding regs or get continuosly owned in solo ranked to get my comms?

Alur

Well, that's Love, and most of PD for you...

lol, well. You'd be shocked at the lengths I went to on this particular bullet point. It's quite the story, and quite sad.

Over a year since 2.0 and I'm finally ready to purchase ranked gear. Amazing what a buff patch can do to motivate you.

Should I keep grinding regs or get continuosly owned in solo ranked to get my comms?

I'd do regs unless you know the folks queueing. On JC it seems the folks running it divvy up into more or less even teams (excepting when someone sneaks in as hybrid and trolls).

It's a long haul though. I started from scratch (Elite War Hero) in December. I've played most every night since I came back. I've got a scoundrel needing just Obroan offhand and a sorc needing Obroan implants, waist, and relics. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but that's a long time to get a full set of gear and still not be done.

kmz

Neo Member
I saw somebody named Combatmariachi on Imp Fleet the other day but while he had a decent number of PVP achievements he didn't have Valor 100 unlocked, and I know CM was Elite Warlord on at least one or two toons.

I've been wondering who the LD51 guys are pub-side. Somebody said they were Unicorns but they've generally been super quiet and non-trolly in the WZs that I've seen. Which... hell, sort of makes them not fit in with any of the big PVP guilds I know, heh.

Heysoos

I saw somebody named Combatmariachi on Imp Fleet the other day but while he had a decent number of PVP achievements he didn't have Valor 100 unlocked, and I know CM was Elite Warlord on at least one or two toons.

I've been wondering who the LD51 guys are pub-side. Somebody said they were Unicorns but they've generally been super quiet and non-trolly in the WZs that I've seen. Which... hell, sort of makes them not fit in with any of the big PVP guilds I know, heh.

That's what I was wondering too.

Alur

I saw somebody named Combatmariachi on Imp Fleet...I've been wondering who the LD51 guys are pub-side. Somebody said they were Unicorns but they've generally been super quiet and non-trolly in the WZs that I've seen.

Yeah, I've seen him trolling a ton in WZ's. Not sure if it's a troll account or not, but Milly says the word on the street is that it is.

That's what I was wondering too.

As for those LD51's pub side, and I've only seen two of them talk.

That Corellian Stardrive...so good. Also, how long before the /pushup emote is the choice of SWTOR trolls everywhere?

Alur

Class changes in 2.7

BYE SMASH

BYE SHOOT-FIRST. :(

Thoughts:

Sorcs/sage healers getting dat buff. THUMBS UP.

Juggs/guardian smash getting dat mega-nerf. THUMBS UP when healing. THUMBS DOWN for my level 34 guardian.

Operative/scoundrel scamper getting dat re-design. No more super cap or super huttball grab. Still...THUMBS UP. It was a little OP, and I dig it not costing me energy to GTFO now.

Hot take. EDIT: maybe should've #hottake

Double edit: That Emergent Emergencies nerf gonna cause a lot more dead op/scoundrel healers.

UltraMav

Thoughts:

Operative/scoundrel scamper getting dat re-design. No more super cap or super huttball grab. Still...THUMBS UP. It was a little OP, and I dig it not costing me energy to GTFO now.

Agree with this. A good change that should even the score a bit when it comes to warzone mobility while still giving a slight advantage to the class.

Alur

Agree with this. A good change that should even the score a bit when it comes to warzone mobility while still giving a slight advantage to the class.

Yeah, it is a bit ridiculous. When I'd rather use my scoundrel healer than sorceror/sage healers due to having better mobility (who would've ever thought that a year ago now?), it needs the nerf bat a bit. This is a pretty good change for real.

Thinking further on Emergent Emergencies though, not only is it gonna cause a lot easier killing of scoundrel heals in PVP, but it's also gonna shake up the PVE healing landscape. I'd hate to heal top end content without those quick proccing Upper Hands when the tank is below 30%. Gonna be rough sailing for them.

Milly79

Aren't there some MMOs where they separate PvE and PvP skills? Why couldn't they do it here? I know it would be a major revamp that would take time, but I think it would be worth it for sure.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Aren't there some MMOs where they separate PvE and PvP skills? Why couldn't they do it here? I know it would be a major revamp that would take time, but I think it would be worth it for sure.

I don't know that I would want to completely separate sets of skills but a couple of PVP specific skills for each class would be cool.

Alur

I don't know that I would want to completely separate sets of skills but a couple of PVP specific skills for each class would be cool.

Well, they kind of did that already with taunts. They taunt mobs in PVE, they prevent damage in PVP. Seems like a simple thing they could have done for the most important gamebreaking abilities. Force Speed and Scamper could have worked different for PVP, for example. Knockbacks. It'd be hard to balance every skill that way, but the ones that define a classes utility wouldn't have been that difficult, IMO, if they did it like taunt from the start.

I main scoundrel heals and there's no doubt we needed a nerf or the other healers needed a boost, but if I was a raider I'd be upset because I took a hit where I maybe didn't need one (though arguably they are as much better than the others there just like in PVP).

Top Bottom