• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Sorian

Banned
its another tank-like mount. from the tank the droid boss turns into.
I really hope they make the NM mount from palace the kell dragon or the mecha-rancor.

The GOAT is still the tfb mount. Meditation type mount but you are sitting on floating spires that look a lot like the towers from the kephess fight, want so bad.

RPGCrazied

Haven't played in months, but I'm still stuck at level 32. Imperial Agent. Alot of the quests on Alderaan I just can't do. Not even a group quest, but its the star npc I have to kill. Is there another planet or a series of quests I can do on another planet somewhere? Tried upgrading gear via the network, but I simply don't have the credits to do that.

Hrm according to dulfy the rackghoul event ends on Tuesday already? Meh

Haven't played in months, but I'm still stuck at level 32. Imperial Agent. Alot of the quests on Alderaan I just can't do. Not even a group quest, but its the star npc I have to kill. Is there another planet or a series of quests I can do on another planet somewhere? Tried upgrading gear via the network, but I simply don't have the credits to do that.

Have you tried different companions for the fight? Healer is always helpful for the longer boss fights.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

There is a bonus series on Nar Shaddaa that starts at level 30 if you haven't done it.

Also as a range character, for boss fights you can beat most of them by simply kiting and using LOS on them. Use a non tank companion who will stand there plinking away or tossing heals your way, while you take a few shots, then hide behind cover out of LOS so the boss can't hit you back. They usually will try to follow you and you can just keep circling around any cover and popping off shots here and there. It can take a while sometimes, but it works on almost all boss battles as long as there is pillars/walls/terrain you can get behind. Tossing a dot or two at the enemy and letting your companion blast away at them is usually enough to kill em.

I don't think agents get a healer until at the end of the next planet unfortunately. I assume you are using Kaliyo, since she's a tank, she should always be dying first so make sure she attacks first and is in tanking stance. Also use your heroic moment, automatic heals for more than a minute. I don't know if you're a sniper or op, but if you are a dps op don't be afraid to heal kaliyo through the damage, slow but steady!

RPGCrazied

There is a bonus series on Nar Shaddaa that starts at level 30 if you haven't done it.

Don't remember. I'll take a look though, thanks!

I don't think agents get a healer until at the end of the next planet unfortunately. I assume you are using Kaliyo, since she's a tank, she should always be dying first so make sure she attacks first and is in tanking stance. Also use your heroic moment, automatic heals for more than a minute. I don't know if you're a sniper or op, but if you are a dps op don't be afraid to heal kaliyo through the damage, slow but steady!

I'm using the robot, he is kind of a healer I guess. He has some crowd control too. Another thing that is sad, is these quests are green in my log, lol. Wouldn't be so bad though if it didn't take awhile to get to the gold star npc. Literally have to go through groups of adds, and onto another floor. Its lame. Since I'm not a subscriber, I have to res way back outside of the place. :/ Its a class quest too, so its not like I can skip it.

Infinity

Another thing that is sad, is these quests are green in my log, lol. Wouldn't be so bad though if it didn't take awhile to get to the gold star npc. Literally have to go through groups of adds, and onto another floor. Its lame. Since I'm not a subscriber, I have to res way back outside of the place. :/ Its a class quest too, so its not like I can skip it.

All the adds, building levels, slow and long flight points, long run spaces, etc., finally led to me quitting the game. And, I was a subscriber too.

I also spent coins on the rocket boots, plus their improvements and still felt like I was spending too much time going from place-to-place. Watching my character run, speed along on his/her vehicle, or boost for the majority of the time really wasn't fun for me.

Don't remember. I'll take a look though, thanks!

I'm using the robot, he is kind of a healer I guess. He has some crowd control too. Another thing that is sad, is these quests are green in my log, lol. Wouldn't be so bad though if it didn't take awhile to get to the gold star npc. Literally have to go through groups of adds, and onto another floor. Its lame. Since I'm not a subscriber, I have to res way back outside of the place. :/ Its a class quest too, so its not like I can skip it.

At your level you shouldn't be using your ship droid as a healer anymore, he frankly sucks at it and is only helpful at earlier levels. Using Kaliyo would be more useful, if anything take her off her tanking mode when fighting the boss so she doesn't pull aggro, and do as I mentioned above with using LOS on the boss.

Just finished my Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) story after getting a free week. Went from level 41 to 52 and now I'm running around to see what else is there to do. I know I definitely need to start getting better gear but I'm not sure where to start.

Also it's been a while since I played but what are the priority missions exactly? I'm assuming they're solo dailies.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just finished my Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) story after getting a free week. Went from level 41 to 52 and now I'm running around to see what else is there to do. I know I definitely need to start getting better gear but I'm not sure where to start.

Also it's been a while since I played but what are the priority missions exactly? I'm assuming they're solo dailies.

The opposite, those are weekly operation and flashpoint quests. Did you do Makeb?

For end game gearing Dulfy has a great guide.

The opposite, those are weekly operation and flashpoint quests. Did you do Makeb?

For end game gearing Dulfy has a great guide.

Ah, understood. Haven't done Makeb yet but I plan to take it on soon.

Thanks for the guide link. Found it earlier but haven't gotten a chance to look at it in detail yet.

Alur

I'll be posting the galactic straighter thread when I get off work later today.

Masochist

That's accurate.

It must be, lol. You don't even play anymore, do you? And you're still gonna subject yourself to mass GAF hivemind trolling? You are a true jedi, sir.

After finishing 'The Light At The End Of The Tunnel' achievement and getting the Cure for the Plague title a few days ago, I am more than ready for this event to go away for a while. I don't wanna kill another rakghoul again.

Draxal

So general thoughts on Galactic Starfighter ....

1. Rec gain is an incredibly huge grind.
2. Flashfire/Sting/Oculas/Skybolts are the best ship right now, can tear pretty much through anything and with evasion/los they're really good.
3. Republic Players in general are just better in general than Imp players, although Imps do have some stand outs. This is on the Shadowlands server,

Cystm

It must be, lol. You don't even play anymore, do you? And you're still gonna subject yourself to mass GAF hivemind trolling? You are a true jedi, sir.

After finishing 'The Light At The End Of The Tunnel' achievement and getting the Cure for the Plague title a few days ago, I am more than ready for this event to go away for a while. I don't wanna kill another rakghoul again.

ibgiC9AsceVYui.gif

That thread got like one response lol [Thank you to the regs that tried :p]

Wow, I'm still about 250 Killicks/joiners and 750 in total away! Have the Rahkghoul Ravager title though. Even managed to pick up all the Raklings that rep will allow apart from the Midnight one.

Alur

That thread got like one response lol [Thank you to the regs that tried :p]

I started to post in it when I got on tonight but it was
already dead
. It was a good OP, but I guess the world has kind of moved on.

Somehow that's almost worse than the constant blind-hate and trolling that we used to get...

Yeah, somehow GAF keeps knocking us down. We aren't even fit to troll anymore.

So I'm looking for west coast non-PVP server bodies, I know some of you are here. I would like to know what the PVP and raiding scene is like on your server for pub or imp, whichever you play. I am still considering moving at least one guy in that direction, most likely imp since I don't know anyone who is on the imp side on Jedi Covenant anymore (other than pub alts).

Milly79

I started to post in it when I got on tonight but it was
already dead
. It was a good OP, but I guess the world has kind of moved on.

Yeah, somehow GAF keeps knocking us down. We aren't even fit to troll anymore.

So I'm looking for west coast non-PVP server bodies, I know some of you are here. I would like to know what the PVP and raiding scene is like on your server for pub or imp, whichever you play. I am still considering moving at least one guy in that direction, most likely imp since I don't know anyone who is on the imp side on Jedi Covenant anymore (other than pub alts).

Uhm, hello! I'm on BC. We have a few from JC here. Liz, Rynis, Cinerous and Andressa. We all have toons on each side, aside from Cin (only imp). Not sure on the PvE side, but the PvP side is fairly balanced. I can count on one hand how many games I've lost (regs). Pub has one good guild in Infamous. Imp is mainly Grim Determination. They're on whatever times during the day, but I'm mainly on from 6/7cst-1030cst (on the days I work). It's pretty fun and balanced. We generally do hard carry the majority of the teams, but it's not like the completion is ever that strong. We usually only lose to Infamous, if anyone, and it's rare at that.

kmz

Neo Member
Even managed to pick up all the Raklings that rep will allow apart from the Midnight one.

Hot damn, I haven't caught a whiff of the Fungal Rakling and I farmed at least 150 or so of those damn Fungal champs.

I also figure the Symbiote Rakling is going to take me forever. Rare drop from a weekly lockout boss.

The Midnight Rakling was a guaranteed drop from a new boss in Kaon, btw, that was there just for the event.

So general thoughts on Galactic Starfighter ....

1. Rec gain is an incredibly huge grind.
2. Flashfire/Sting/Oculas/Skybolts are the best ship right now, can tear pretty much through anything and with evasion/los they're really good.
3. Republic Players in general are just better in general than Imp players, although Imps do have some stand outs. This is on the Shadowlands server,

The grind isn't that bad thankfully since any reward you get for dailies and weeklies is given to all your ships. I got tens of thousands of rec on all my ships that I haven't spent. Also only some of the upgrades feel essential to me, lot of it is just a tiny little boost.

Alur

Uhm, hello! I'm on BC. We have a few from JC here. Liz, Rynis, Cinerous and Andressa. We all have toons on each side, aside from Cin (only imp). Not sure on the PvE side, but the PvP side is fairly balanced. I can count on one hand how many games I've lost (regs). Pub has one good guild in Infamous. Imp is mainly Grim Determination. They're on whatever times during the day, but I'm mainly on from 6/7cst-1030cst (on the days I work). It's pretty fun and balanced. We generally do hard carry the majority of the teams, but it's not like the completion is ever that strong. We usually only lose to Infamous, if anyone, and it's rare at that.

I don't even know those dudes though, only by name. You guys probably roll with a whole group each night, where's a lowly scrub healer supposed to fit in (and I imagine one of them is heals right)? I'd be the proverbial third wheel in a way is what I'm afraid of.

I really do wanna swap, though. The only people imp side I know are hostile to Qruul due to previous guild relationships (surprise), so there's not a real point to hanging around.

kmz

Neo Member
wait the new flashpoint in 2.6 has no hardmode version? Is there any reason for lvl 55 players to even do it?

Have they specifically said there won't be a hardmode? The storymode Czerka flashpoints are also "tactical" but they have hardmode versions.

ETA: Oh wait, it's already on the PTS and there's no hardmode, right? Damn. Hopefully they'll add it soon after.

Hot damn, I haven't caught a whiff of the Fungal Rakling and I farmed at least 150 or so of those damn Fungal champs.

I also figure the Symbiote Rakling is going to take me forever. Rare drop from a weekly lockout boss.

The Midnight Rakling was a guaranteed drop from a new boss in Kaon, btw, that was there just for the event.

Ack! Forgot about the one from "The Eyeless." I did the op boss 3 times and didn't see it drop once, picked up a couple of barnacles though. Though I did luck out and got a crimson one from my one and only lurker kill!

Alur

Ack! Forgot about the one from "The Eyeless." I did the op boss 3 times and didn't see it drop once, picked up a couple of barnacles though. Though I did luck out and got a crimson one from my one and only lurker kill!

You did the Eyeless 3 times and got a couple barnacles? You used up all your luck! I did it something around 5 or 6 and got nothing. I'm afraid I'll end up having to buy one by the time I reach legend.

Milly79

I don't even know those dudes though, only by name. You guys probably roll with a whole group each night, where's a lowly scrub healer supposed to fit in (and I imagine one of them is heals right)? I'd be the proverbial third wheel in a way is what I'm afraid of.

I really do wanna swap, though. The only people imp side I know are hostile to Qruul due to previous guild relationships (surprise), so there's not a real point to hanging around.

Yeah, that's true, but I wouldn't hesitate to choose you over them. Andressa is gone for 2 weeks or so, and that's *usually* our fourth, for the most part. It's really up to you. I don't know the state of PvP on the Harbinger, which is the only other WC server, right?

Also, look at this throwback I found:

kmz

Neo Member

How many fungal champs did you have to kill to get the Fungal Rakling?

(I already had the Crimson Rakling from the last event... it's sort of annoying that the Lurker drop is BoP since I now have 2 useless Crimson Raklings from solo kills.)

kmz

Neo Member
Yeah, that's true, but I wouldn't hesitate to choose you over them. Andressa is gone for 2 weeks or so, and that's *usually* our fourth, for the most part. It's really up to you. I don't know the state of PvP on the Harbinger, which is the only other WC server, right?

Also, look at this throwback I found:

Oh god. I remember that match. Brutal, just brutal. Set up, die, respawn, set up, die. At least it was quick. Not that I've ever been good at all on my sniper. I think I did like 3 55 PVP matches on her and decided that was enough.

Have they specifically said there won't be a hardmode? The storymode Czerka flashpoints are also "tactical" but they have hardmode versions.

ETA: Oh wait, it's already on the PTS and there's no hardmode, right? Damn. Hopefully they'll add it soon after.

I thought it was like the Czerka flashpoints, with a hardmode option, but from comments on the main board this is merely a scaling flashpoint as it uses a pve bolster.

I mean that's not bad if there is proper rewards for lvl 55's.... does it drop any high end loot or coms?

Alur

Also, look at this throwback I found:[/IMG][/URL]

I guess that means you are gonna stick around for a bit, too? I dunno it might be worth it. I thought I had saw Andressa on JC not that long ago, must've been a similar name or copycat. You guys are playing both sides?

We won so quickly and so dominantly I couldn't even get 200k healing. I was about to say, isn't that F'shep...

Oh god. I remember that match. Brutal, just brutal. Set up, die, respawn, set up, die. At least it was quick. Not that I've ever been good at all on my sniper. I think I did like 3 55 PVP matches on her and decided that was enough.

And indeed it was F'shep!

I loved that last run in lowbie PVP with you and Trevin before Makeb dropped with double EXP. The best thing about that picture is the names of the players. We had Colin Kaepernick, Mark Henry, and some others I won't mention for fear of bannage. People really are strange with character names.

How many fungal champs did you have to kill to get the Fungal Rakling?

(I already had the Crimson Rakling from the last event... it's sort of annoying that the Lurker drop is BoP since I now have 2 useless Crimson Raklings from solo kills.)

I managed to get 2 fungal ones, on different toons. Not sure how many I killed but I got the <Hey, I'm a Fungi!> achievement pretty early on so it would have to be at least 50 or more. I'm not sure if they drop from The Catalyst as well, but only killed a couple of them. I only saw one of the Pale raklings, though I had one on a long abandoned toon from the first Rak event on Tatooine.

I thought it was like the Czerka flashpoints, with a hardmode option, but from comments on the main board this is merely a scaling flashpoint as it uses a pve bolster.

I mean that's not bad if there is proper rewards for lvl 55's.... does it drop any high end loot or coms?

It does have a reputation grind attached to and there is a pretty amazing mount a legend level. I assume sub 50's will get planetary comms and 50-55 basic maybe?

Alur

Anyone wanna pay me to NOT work? :) :/

Some days when we can't overcome the relentless amount of pugs, I might consider it. I don't think it'd be enough to be worth your while, though.

Last night was case in point. We lost seven games in a row. When I say lost, I mean we might as well have stapled our junk to the node at grass in Civil War (or other similar position in other warzones) and it would've been more pleasant. It was just me and Heruka. The groups were so bad he was outdamaging the rest of the team almost entirely by himself, and of course I had no chance at life since we couldn't kill anyone and I'm heals. We couldn't even sniff another node, just getting farmed relentlessly. They weren't even premades we went against, just terrible groups we got a bunch of times in a row.

I've never seen it that bad since the final days of KV when we'd have like 13 or 14 imps queueing against the same 8 pubs that always played and getting premade rolled.

Then, suddenly it all changed and we never lost again the rest of the night. I did get to clear Scum & Villainy and Terror From Beyond for the first times too. That was pretty neat. No gear though.

kmz

Neo Member
Some days when we can't overcome the relentless amount of pugs, I might consider it. I don't think it'd be enough to be worth your while, though.

Last night was case in point. We lost seven games in a row. When I say lost, I mean we might as well have stapled our junk to the node at grass in Civil War (or other similar position in other warzones) and it would've been more pleasant. It was just me and Heruka. The groups were so bad he was outdamaging the rest of the team almost entirely by himself, and of course I had no chance at life since we couldn't kill anyone and I'm heals. We couldn't even sniff another node, just getting farmed relentlessly. They weren't even premades we went against, just terrible groups we got a bunch of times in a row.

I've never seen it that bad since the final days of KV when we'd have like 13 or 14 imps queueing against the same 8 pubs that always played and getting premade rolled.

Then, suddenly it all changed and we never lost again the rest of the night. I did get to clear Scum & Villainy and Terror From Beyond for the first times too. That was pretty neat. No gear though.

Yeah, had some rough matches on my healer last night after matching up with y'all in that one Voidstar. Always seemed to go up against Beer Thirty or Postmortem premades. Had a lot more fun when I got on my midby Sorc.

StudioTan

So there is another Cantina tour stop tonight which means we should be getting some news about what's coming up. The devs have been so quiet lately.

Alur

So there is another Cantina tour stop tonight which means we should be getting some news about what's coming up. The devs have been so quiet lately.

When is this next patch scheduled to drop anyway? After the Rakghoul went away, I feel like a ship with no rudder.

StudioTan

When is this next patch scheduled to drop anyway? After the Rakghoul went away, I feel like a ship with no rudder.

I'm a bit bummed out that I barely did much of the last event after waiting for so long, work has been keeping me busy and Hearthstone kind of sucked up a lot of my free time. Having said that I'm still anxious to hear what's next.

Draxal

I'm a bit bummed out that I barely did much of the last event after waiting for so long, work has been keeping me busy and Hearthstone kind of sucked up a lot of my free time. Having said that I'm still anxious to hear what's next.

The event was not nearly as cool as the initial rakghoul event, and they definitely made it so it could be repeated again.

StudioTan

The event was not nearly as cool as the initial rakghoul event, and they definitely made it so it could be repeated again.

Yeah, I knew it would repeat which is why I wasn't stressed about not doing some of it. I did go through all the quests on the first day, just didn't do the Ops bosses.

Yea it doesn't have the storyline and progression that was neat about the last one. It's basically a repeatable daily area they added instead. Kinda meh.

But the one thing I like is that you can do it with characters 25+ so it's another activity to do besides the same ol side quests on alts. Along with GSF and Bounty stuff, I'm glad they are adding alternate stuff for lower levels to get xp from.

Heysoos

I just realized I haven't really played in like 2 weeks. :( I was excited about Starfighter, but it didn't really capture my attention. Whenever I feel like PVPing I just decide to shoot people in BF4 instead. :(

I'll try to get on more this week.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I just realized I haven't really played in like 2 weeks. :( I was excited about Starfighter, but it didn't really capture my attention. Whenever I feel like PVPing I just decide to shoot people in BF4 instead. :(

I'll try to get on more this week.

Same, been busy with school and dota. Hoping to hop back in this week, I'm in the middle of like 3-4 class stories and I want to get my operative to 55 for pvp at some point too lol.

Top Bottom