• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

What's GSI satellite bolster?
They just added it a patch or two ago. It's basically a buff that you can grab from a terminal on Makeb. They have them placed all over the planet, usually near the taxi speeders.

It bolsters your characters stats to that of a level 55 character. Makes it easier to finish the missions there.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I just did a quest on Makeb and got 657k XP :O

That was basically a whole level's worth.

They just added it a patch or two ago. It's basically a buff that you can grab from a terminal on Makeb. They have them placed all over the planet, usually near the taxi speeders.

It bolsters your characters stats to that of a level 55 character. Makes it easier to finish the missions there.

The bolster is hilarious. When I was leveling my merc these are the gains I got.

untitled-12yqcic.png

Makes Makeb an absolute cake walk.

KePoW

Banned
I'm curious, why did they feel the need for that bolster mechanic lol. Did people think Makeb content was too hard?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
that merc would definitely do anything for the right price.

"The Pure" my ass

I'm curious, why did they feel the need for that bolster mechanic lol. Did people think Makeb content was too hard?
If you don't have really up to date gear it can be a pain going in there right as you hit 50 before the GSI boost was implemented. They also removed a lot of enemies on the planet as it used to be a walking death trap at every corner.

Going from Illum to Makeb would often leave players under leveled, and under geared. Makeb did have a difficulty spike as it was designed keeping in mind that players for months had been 50 and were geared up already. So if you go from Illum to Makeb you will see a big spike in combat difficulty.

Also Makeb content was really worth only about 2 to 3 levels at most worth of XP, you still needed to do other activities and content to earn XP to reach 55. The bolster and xp boost they added was essentially to make the transition easier since they are now adding in another expansion. Otherwise players would get stuck in the leveling process around lvl 48-50 and struggle through Makeb to still be short of XP needed to move onto the next expansion.

Alur

This EXP is definitely pretty ridiculous, but I have found the fly in the ointment for me. Leveled my guardian through PVP and was 10 levels ahead of my class quest. I had to do 2 planets to catch back up for no EXP. That was not fun, lol, glad this is the only one I did that on.

Also, what he said...go to Makeb ASAP. Super EXP GO GO GO.

KePoW

Banned
If you don't have really up to date gear it can be a pain going in there right as you hit 50 before the GSI boost was implemented. They also removed a lot of enemies on the planet as it used to be a walking death trap at every corner.

Going from Illum to Makeb would often leave players under leveled, and under geared. Makeb did have a difficulty spike as it was designed keeping in mind that players for months had been 50 and were geared up already. So if you go from Illum to Makeb you will see a big spike in combat difficulty.

Also Makeb content was really worth only about 2 to 3 levels at most worth of XP, you still needed to do other activities and content to earn XP to reach 55. The bolster and xp boost they added was essentially to make the transition easier since they are now adding in another expansion. Otherwise players would get stuck in the leveling process around lvl 48-50 and struggle through Makeb to still be short of XP needed to move onto the next expansion.

oh interesting haha

I actually bought the Cartel XP when it came out, but I never played it. (I was playing other games and never got around to trying it)

DrBo42

Can I get an invite on the Repub side Jedi Covenant? Evocatus in-game.

Edit: Just tried the starfighter addition... What a poor use of time and resources. Holy shit.

Edit2: Just realized I used that word completely wrong. Haha.

daoster

So I remember earlier there was a Google Docs that helped with crafting...anybody still have that? That was super useful.

Heysoos

Can I get an invite on the Repub side Jedi Covenant? Evocatus in-game.

Edit: Just tried the starfighter addition... What a massive misappropriation of time and resources. Holy shit.

Can I get an invite to GAF clan? Name: Logandor

Either of you get invited in? If not, I'll probably be on tomorrow. Leave your character names and I'll be on the look out.

Edit: Just tried the starfighter addition... What a poor use of time and resources. Holy shit.
The biggest problem with Galactic Starfighter (aside from being absolutely terrible at it myself) is that it's pretty difficult to compete against players who obviously spent a lot of time with it. You get blown to bits in no time in the dinky starter ships they give you unless you're really really good at it. Thankfully they're making changes in 3.0 to help ease new people into it by increasing the rewards given after each match so that you can get to the better equipment a little faster.

Though none of that is going to help the people who don't like GSF in the first place. The GSF population has taken a serious dive since its launch. It also doesn't help that it's clearly taken a backseat to everything else. Probably won't see any new updates to it for quite a while.

DrBo42

really? I thought it was very good. a great mix of modern and old school space sim gameplay,
what bothered you?

I think it was just a bad first experience and knee-jerk reaction. Like jumping into a War Thunder game full of people with pay to win ships. Everyone has maxed out stuff and equipment etc and I'm getting slaughtered, destroyed any chance of a good experience.

That XP boost is tempting but wife's expansion is right around the corner. I won't have time to take advantage. Looks like I'll be waiting for a double XP weekend.

I loved Starfighter, but the lack of updates/support for it in a long while has kinda killed it to me. Queues for it also seem to take quite some time. New ships/roles/maps/modes should have been happening more often.

Alur

I loved Starfighter, but the lack of updates/support for it in a long while has kinda killed it to me. Queues for it also seem to take quite some time. New ships/roles/maps/modes should have been happening more often.

Agreed. Starfighter was pretty great in the beginning, but only the die hards are left for the most part. It's like how PVP was back before all the server merges. Not a good environment to learn in. Plus, unlike standard PVP, there's nothing for you to be good at previously that will help you (at least not SWTOR related).

Six Makeb quests total got me from 49-55 (along with 2 PVP matches to max out my comms) on my merc. Went from 47-55 in a matter of around 2 hours plus a little. This new EXP boost is <3.

Xiaoki

Started a new character.

Used an exp booster and only did the class story missions plus the bonus objectives to them.

When I got to Coruscant I was level 14.

My level 30+ character was needing about 2 missions to get a level.

daoster

So I remember earlier there was a Google Docs that helped with crafting...anybody still have that? That was super useful.

Anybody have this? It used to be on a link on TorGaf, but that seems to be a full blow website now, and I can't seem to find it, lol.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Wow, Rishi looks awesome. Very different from what we have which is great. I really wish they had made Manaan and Rakata Prime as quest hubs though.

Moff

both rishi and yavin look really good, only few of the original planets can match that design. and makebn certainly didn't look nearly as good.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
SWTOR_Revan_Reborn.jpg

oh my mother of monkey sex i am selling everything i have including my body to buy this on release

please fucking be a standalone purchase but i kno it aint they guna make me go through those shitty ass packs it's a good thing i invested in a bunch of those tulak horde nightlife packs back when they were 100k think they are goin for like 300k+ now that they aren't on the market anymore

Alur

oh my mother of monkey sex i am selling everything i have including my body to buy this on release

From Dulfy it seems ambiguous as to whether that's gonna be a CM armor set from packs or if it's just his design we'll see in the operation. I, like you, am hoping for the former but I feel like it's so different (and therefore awesome) compared to the other available styles that it'll be the latter because Bioware.

If it becomes wearable everyone and their mother will be wearing it, just like how in the first pack everyone had a white crystal and a Mask of Nihilus.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think thats just the revan concept and not wearable armor

it was listed under the cartel market section of dulfy for 6.0 info from that cantina

i mean bioware wants $$$ right, and that's $$$ right there lemme tell u

edit: i guess it was under misc., either way that better be fkn purchasable cause it will completely fund another 10 xpacs

I think thats just the revan concept and not wearable armor
Yeah. I don't know why the concept art is mixed in with some cartel market stuff.

Though I think they'll put that set up for sale in a pack at some point. We've already got a Satele set. I'm sure a Malgus one is around the corner.

Alur

I'm curious. Are fleet numbers as far down on other people's servers as they are on Jedi Covenant?

Since 12X EXP it's now been 3 straight nights with 120 people or less on one instance of the fleet, versus the usual 170+ on one fleet and 100+ on another during the week and two full instances and one half full on the weekends.

I just find it weird there are THAT many people leveling alts at the same time repeatedly, but I guess it's not far fetched.

I'm curious. Are fleet numbers as far down on other people's servers as they are on Jedi Covenant?

Since 12X EXP it's now been 3 straight nights with 120 people or less on one instance of the fleet, versus the usual 170+ on one fleet and 100+ on another during the week and two full instances and one half full on the weekends.

I just find it weird there are THAT many people leveling alts at the same time repeatedly, but I guess it's not far fetched.
Fleet numbers on The Harbinger seem about the same to me since 12x XP was let loose.

Arksy

The problem with 12xp is that you move so damn fast that you get flooded with skills and after 8 hours you're a level 26 scoundrel and you have no friggin idea how to play your class, what skills to use and what talents to spec. You just end up fumbling through all the combat.

So lost.

KePoW

Banned
The problem with 12xp is that you move so damn fast that you get flooded with skills and after 8 hours you're a level 26 scoundrel and you have no friggin idea how to play your class, what skills to use and what talents to spec. You just end up fumbling through all the combat.

So lost.

That's a good problem to have haha

<edit> when does the XP bonus stop?

Alur

So lost.

Heh, I see your point, but....I'll gladly fumble through the combat and learn it on the back end via PVP and the like in order to cut the leveling time. The leveling isn't really teaching you a whole hell of a lot, it's the other stuff you do (if you do it) while leveling like PVP and FP's and the early operations that really make the difference.

Alur

Sorry I got busy yesterday. :( If you guys are on, send me a PM or post here.

Pub PVP looks to be on the verge of making a comeback Heysoos. The PM's and LD50's of the world left for greener pastures. It's pretty much dead even for the last four days, winner going to whoever has the premade as it should. That means...

Bvfq04M.gif

Top Bottom