• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Good lord, the price of green equipment on Harbinger has skyrocketed. It's hard to find mid-level gear for under 10k. Before the 12x XP not even blues went that high. I guess now's the time to cash in, huh?

Good lord, the price of green equipment on Harbinger has skyrocketed. It's hard to find mid-level gear for under 10k. Before the 12x XP not even blues went that high. I guess now's the time to cash in, huh?

Haha, I know. I used to vendor all the greens I found, now I can sell them all for 10-15k each.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Who's buying them, just people who are leveling alts through the Story?

Most likely since only doing class quests doesn't give you much money, gear or comms.

Loto

I purchased a new copy of The Old Republic on Amazon for $8.00 (so I could get a 30 day sub). The picture was for the North American version, since that is where I live lol. However, I was sent a European copy (has the PEGI age rating).

Are the codes universal? Can I use the European code to play on an N/A account? Figured I would ask before cracking the game open.

Thanks!

I purchased a new copy of The Old Republic on Amazon for $8.00 (so I could get a 30 day sub). The picture was for the North American version, since that is where I live lol. However, I was sent a European copy (has the PEGI age rating).

Are the codes universal? Can I use the European code to play on an N/A account? Figured I would ask before cracking the game open.

Thanks!
Yes you can. NA players can access European servers and the same the other way. Just have to deal with ping.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Thanks, there wouldn't be any issues with the cartel store?

No, it's all unified. Anyone can make a character on any NA or European server. The only thing you can't do is transfer characters between them.

Alur

PvE: The Harbinger followed by Jedi Covenant.

I'm not sure about PvP but probably Prophecy of the Five.

Also if you're a former subscriber and want to transfer one of those characters over for free, then use this referral link.

http://www.swtor.com/r/6Wgzwq

PVE and PVP is the Harbinger now. From all I've heard it's dead on Pot5. Only server with ranked left standing is Harbinger.

#2 is Jedi Covenant. I think the RP server still has the largest population total though, and it was pretty friendly in the short time I spent there..

KePoW

Banned
Are any of you in the GAF Republic guild on Jedi Covenant?

That's where I still am, but the last time I played was about 1.5 years ago

Milly79

Are any of you in the GAF Republic guild on Jedi Covenant?

That's where I still am, but the last time I played was about 1.5 years ago

There's a few here, but I think it's mostly composed of people outside the forums from the server now.

BC is really healthy, and was the most populated sever a few months back. Pot5 is a wasteland from what I hear.

Been hard at work on my healer operative. I'm up to level 42, and loving the hell out of the story. It's so odd, because unlike the other class stories, this really seems like it could stand alone as it's own game.

Also, I love the ship. Definitely the coolest of all the ships.

They announced Ranked Season 3 rewards today.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20141016

Ranked3Mount_854x480.jpg

Above is just a taste of the rewards we are offering in Season 3. In addition to these rewards Giradda will be offering (but yet can’t show off) a new armor set, decoration trophies, a new weapon set, a unique color crystal and a Top 96 character reward!
We will be releasing more information about the aesthetics and rating required for these rewards soon!
Until then, we hope you continue to enjoy Season 3!

Heysoos

Pub PVP looks to be on the verge of making a comeback Heysoos. The PM's and LD50's of the world left for greener pastures. It's pretty much dead even for the last four days, winner going to whoever has the premade as it should. That means...

Bvfq04M.gif

You lied to me! LDtryhard is still here.

CzarTim

Hey guys, I resubbed for the first time in two years thanks to the class xp bonus. Been going through the IA storyline and it's amazing so far (just finished act one). Also tried out some of the Starfighter stuff and it seems pretty cool even if I'm terrible at it.

Was cool to see GAF still going strong on the Conquest leaderboard. Will probably log into the republic side after leveling up my agent some more. Game seems to be doing well!

I have to find someway to get 50,000 Conquest points before Monday. Got 15k so far from doing non-stop GSF matches. Looks like I'm stuck doing that until I can find a group to do some operations with.

KePoW

Banned
I have to find someway to get 50,000 Conquest points before Monday. Got 15k so far from doing non-stop GSF matches. Looks like I'm stuck doing that until I can find a group to do some operations with.

Can you explain what Conquest is? I have not played in about 1.5 years

Is it kinda like PVE Daily quests or something?

Alur

SWTOR: 2 Fast 2 Furious

You lied to me! LDtryhard is still here.

Apparently the LD50 dudes were just taking a break and the PM guys can't handle the west coast latency. Sue me :p

We need to get you an imp 55 during this leveling spree man. For real.

Hey guys, I resubbed for the first time in two years thanks to the class xp bonus...

A blast from the past! Welcome back! Water still warm!

Heysoos

SWTOR: 2 Fast 2 Furious

Apparently the LD50 dudes were just taking a break and the PM guys can't handle the west coast latency. Sue me :p

We need to get you an imp 55 during this leveling spree man. For real.

A blast from the past! Welcome back! Water still warm!

I should be able to get at minimum my Jugg up there soonish. I just prioritized my Guardian. I'll work on my Jugg this weekend.

Alur

I should be able to get at minimum my Jugg up there soonish. I just prioritized my Guardian. I'll work on my Jugg this weekend.

Sounds good. Pub really is getting better, though. It would help if me and Milly and Homi and co were playing there as well, on top of the other guilds. The pool is too small I guess.

Heysoos

Sounds good. Pub really is getting better, though. It would help if me and Milly and Homi and co were playing there as well, on top of the other guilds. The pool is too small I guess.

everyone keeps going in with peee beeeeee eeee gear

KePoW

Banned

Wait, do you have Republic or Imperial on JC?

Alur

everyone keeps going in with peee beeeeee eeee gear

Lots of that both sides really, particularly now with this 12x EXP. Just the premades are stronger imp side, and there are more of them.

Wait, do you have Republic or Imperial on JC?

Both. I mainly play imp side for the past month or so though.

Those flames tho

Why?

#FlamesMakeEverythingBetter

#NotAllFlames

I pondered this as well. Just a black walker would've been sweet. My biggest gripe about mine I got from the packs is that it's ugly rust/brown color.

Honestly they should've just made the conquest ones usable as real mounts. No reason for them not to be. They look great and there is pretty much zero reason to have one unless you want to use it as decoration in your stronghold.

kmz

Neo Member
Ha, the U2 post on the forums is amazing... I didn't realize Bono was you, Alur. Damn, now I wish I'd grabbed some U2 themed names.

Alur

Ha, the U2 post on the forums is amazing... I didn't realize Bono was you, Alur. Damn, now I wish I'd grabbed some U2 themed names.

I was pretty proud of it. Here it is if anyone else is interested, it's about JC PVP. Been meaning to post it the last three days but I kept forgetting.

All of the other good U2 names were taken though. I tried to get Mullen for Larry Mullen, Jr., but it was gone. Edge for The Edge was obviously gone. Maybe Clayton is still available but it's not as good as those two and Bono. Was totally amazed I got Bono.

Hit 55 on my Op and beat Makeb. I even had enough basic comms on my main to get her nearly a full set of 162, and got a 168 chest piece. Can't wait to do some more flashpoints with her. I did one, but it was just KDY, so it wasn't a good test of healing. All I really had to do was keep Kolto Probe up on everyone and use some Diagnostic Scan to fill in the gaps.

Oh, I also burned through Oricon. The gear you get for that is bringing some serious money. All the pieces are going for 100k+ on the GTN.

CzarTim

I'm pretty sure the Imperial Agent story is the best story I've ever seen in a video game. Also the best use of the Bioware-style dialogue tree -- I really feel like I have a good deal of agency over the story even though I'm sure I don't.

BizzyBum

Has BioWare ever mentioned any open world PvP mechanics? I know on PvP servers you can attack other players on planets like Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa which I loved. Yeah, you can get ganked, but that's what it made it so tense knowing you can't relax because at any moment you can cross an enemy player.

I know they took away Ilum because the game engine couldn't handle it, but is that still the case with the optimizations they've done to the game since then?

KePoW

Banned
Has BioWare ever mentioned any open world PvP mechanics? I know on PvP servers you can attack other players on planets like Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa which I loved. Yeah, you can get ganked, but that's what it made it so tense knowing you can't relax because at any moment you can cross an enemy player.

I know they took away Ilum because the game engine couldn't handle it, but is that still the case with the optimizations they've done to the game since then?

lol Ilum is completely gone now?

Top Bottom