• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

KePoW

Banned
Stupid question --

I just hit 50 in my first character since resubbing (last time I played was April 2013). I got a Black Hole intro quest... is there any reason to bother with Black Hole, or should I just level to 55?

I haven't even finished my Class story yet or gone to Makeb yet.

Stupid question --

I just hit 50 in my first character since resubbing (last time I played was April 2013). I got a Black Hole intro quest... is there any reason to bother with Black Hole, or should I just level to 55?

I haven't even finished my Class story yet or gone to Makeb yet.
Finish the class story and head to Makeb. Black Hole doesn't really have any story to it as it's just a daily mission hub.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No, not completely gone, but they removed that PvP zone with the control points.

Granted, this was a long ass time ago, so it's possible everything is back in. lol

No, all the PVP stuff is gone. Ilum was a mess, there was no way to save that.

However, during some of the events like the Gree one (which is on Ilum) the devs have put some objectives into areas that flag you for PVP so they've somewhat tried to encourage open world PVP on a small scale in the past.

Alur

Bono the rage quitter.
Bono the rage quit legacy.

To be fair, I was the only one playing actual huttball because you had no gear and our other guy wasn't particularly interested in grabbing it either. And they were gonna roll us either way. Not really worth wasting the time since we were about to log.

I rage quit all the time too

unless I'm drunk then I don't give a shit

Plus this. A rage quit every now and then keeps the blood moving. Healthy.

Heysoos

To be fair, I was the only one playing actual huttball because you had no gear and our other guy wasn't particularly interested in grabbing it either. And they were gonna roll us either way. Not really worth wasting the time since we were about to log.

Plus this. A rage quit every now and then keeps the blood moving. Healthy.

what side you babes playing on, you all just get my number and text me when you are actually playing pub side, until I can get 55 on my imp

Alur

what side you babes playing on, you all just get my number and text me when you are actually playing pub side, until I can get 55 on my imp

Mainly imp, so you need to get to work on that imp. You can do most of it in a good gaming shift :p.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I've been playing Archeage a lot recently and one of the things that SWTOR doesn't get enough credit about is the shit load of armour they've put out. You can really make a unique looking character with the large variety of different styles they have. I realize that most of it is Cartel market stuff but you can find it all on the GTN. Not to mention Archeage has a cash shop too and what little stuff they have on there is mostly terrible so I still feel like Bioware deserves some credit for giving us so many different sets.

It's been quite the turnaround since launch when everyone looked the same.

They really need to fix their shitty dye system though. I wouldn't even mind the current system so much if the dyes were at least reusable.

Alur

They really need to fix their shitty dye system though. I wouldn't even mind the current system so much if the dyes were at least reusable.

Preach, brother!

Let me re-use them, bare minimum. Let me mix and match the colors as I please would be nice. They already have the colors ready, just lemme do it my way.

Got it thanks.

But are the Black Hole rewards for level 55 now? Or still just level 50 stuff

There are 6 daily areas now: Black Hole, Belsavis and Ilum are L50 and only give classic comms pretty useless for gear good for cash. Section X is L50 but gives classic and basic comms. Basic comms can be used to buy 162 gear. CZ-198 and Oricon are L55 daily areas and drop basic comms. Also, the first time you do Oricon you get a set of 156 gear which is good enough to start on L55 hard mode flashpoints.

KePoW

Banned
There are 6 daily areas now: Black Hole, Belsavis and Ilum are L50 and only give classic comms pretty useless for gear good for cash. Section X is L50 but gives classic and basic comms. Basic comms can be used to buy 162 gear. CZ-198 and Oricon are L55 daily areas and drop basic comms. Also, the first time you do Oricon you get a set of 156 gear which is good enough to start on L55 hard mode flashpoints.

Awesome thanks for the breakdown. I'm still trying to re-learn the game

BizzyBum

Preach, brother!

Let me re-use them, bare minimum. Let me mix and match the colors as I please would be nice. They already have the colors ready, just lemme do it my way.

ESO handles a dye system well, IMO. They are tied to achievements and once unlocked you can use them for good. Each piece of armor has three areas to dye. I guess it's pretty simplistic and not super inventive unlocking them via achievements but it's better then running out of dyes.

I bought a pair of Satele Shan's Boots for 500k, and I'm not sure if I want to use them or flip them. The ones that were on the GTN that were going for 1m+ disappeared pretty much as soon as they were up, so I could probably mark them even higher than that to make a pretty penny.

But I REALLY like the way they look, and I almost want to drop another million to get the chest piece and make a collection available to all my characters.

Milly79

The sniper changes suck. Lethality gets a spreading dot if corrosive grenade is applied? Yes, let's make that easier for you. Engineering loses all it's defensive buffs? Emp doesn't reset anything aside from a free frag? What in the hell. Ambush is a marks only talent?

I really think they have no idea what they're doing. Snipers aren't in the best position as is, and right now I personally think engineering is the only real viable spec to play as. Marks isn't very mobile, and is all white damage and lethality is nothing but dot spam. Ep + cull + takedown does not offer the burst an Ambush + follow through + takedown (if applicable) or an Ep + SoS, plus wallbanging is still somewhat viable to an extent.

Alur

The sniper changes suck.

There's a more important change that will (help) bring balance to the Force. I haven't seen anyone mention it, but...

frqUxSu.png

/JimRoss

OH MAH GAWD!!!! IS THAT THE SORCERER'S MUSIC?

It's the return of RIGHTFUL KING OF HEALING PVP here at 3.0 SWTOR SHADOW OF REVAN!! HE'S BACK ON A GODDAMNED MISSION!!

That's right folks...sorc healing bubble spec! Marauders, PTs, Juggs, Assassins.../tears for years.

If it makes it back to live you'll not see me on Bono or Wilend much til they nerf it, lol. It was so damn fun (and annoying). Plus they gave us a 30% damage reduction during stuns for a passive and a 25% damage reduction from our threat drop (which hopefully works in PVP). Things looking up IMO, at least for sorc heals.

kmz

Neo Member
Pretty needed defensive for sorcs/sages, honestly. The brokenness of bubble stun back in the day was that it could be applied to everybody in your group. I'll just have to remember to use my 10m abilities when I'm killing sorcs and sages. :)

Alur

Pretty needed defensive for sorcs/sages, honestly. The brokenness of bubble stun back in the day was that it could be applied to everybody in your group. I'll just have to remember to use my 10m abilities when I'm killing sorcs and sages. :)

This was my argument back in the day. Just make it sorc healer only if you're gonna nerf it, not take it away entirely. But nooooo, put it in the Lightning tree no one uses. That'll teach em.

Alur

I am honored you are carrying my baesoos on your account. But if you get flamed by former PVP frenemies, I take no responsibility!

Can someone show me the link to the new abilities each class is getting? Someone told me operatives/scoundrels are getting a new heal that is channeled?

Heysoos

I am honored you are carrying my baesoos on your account. But if you get flamed by former PVP frenemies, I take no responsibility!

Can someone show me the link to the new abilities each class is getting? Someone told me operatives/scoundrels are getting a new heal that is channeled?

Was kissing :p

Alur

Servers are down: post characters.

I'll bite. No one really posted their stronghold as I recall, either, so here's casa del Qruul and his motley brethren (image heavy). If you're on JC it's listed on the first page in the Dromund Kaas listings if you wanna check it out sometime, or just send me a tell and I'll give ya a key.

My current main, Bono, rocking his hoodie in the bedroom:

Mercenary looking very mercenary in the throne room on security duty:

Guardian hanging out in the hallway, rocking the gold and looking out of place:

The artist formerly known as Kruul hanging out with the Grand Emperor on the balcony:

Wilend, the Sons of Anarchy extra, hanging out in the greeting room. Best biker look ever.

And for giggles, Kruul getting the WTF from Empire GAF after opening his first 5 champion PVP bags when he hit 50 and getting his main hand and his robe! Urorrab, if you're still out there, <3!

StudioTan

Apparently the 25 NPC limit from Strongholds was removed with the latest patch. Awesome!

Apparently the 25 NPC limit from Strongholds was removed with the latest patch. Awesome!
It was? Yay!

Hope it doesn't turn out to be a bug.

By the way Alur I'm kinda jealous of how your DK stronghold is looking right now. Mine is just a bunch of shit piled up all over the place. lol

I feel kind of bored at the moment. Is this a good f2play mmo to give a try?

I loved KOTOR.
I think it's a good one to try. You can experience the class stories from 1-50 without any problems. The F2P restrictions can be a pain to deal with at times but if you're just in it for the story then you should be fine.

kmz

Neo Member
I think what changed is that pets and animal mounts no longer count as NPCs. Companions and vendors still count against the limit.

StudioTan

So it doesn't seem like that 25 NPC limit is gone. I just tried to put a bunch of them in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold and no go.

Which ones did you try?

It doesn't include vendors and companions apparently, those still have a limit. Decorative NPCs, pets and mounts no longer have a limit.

MaddenNFL64

I need to take advantage of the 12x xp and get my smuggler done, but man am I lazy with leveling. I always go back to my main and grind flashpoints or something for commendations lol.

Heysoos

Tried playing a match when I got back from class

90lMCBu.jpg

not even sure why I finished that match. At one point we were getting picked off coming out of the damn spawn area.

Top Bottom