• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

So solo mode for flashpoints is happening, but have they said any details of it? They talked about it on instagram which had people excited since they thought it was for OPs too, but they clarified it's for FP's only. So will all FP's have a solo mode?

Seems kinda pointless if they do this, it's not hard to get into a FP if they just were to boost or bolster them for a story mode thing.

I wouldn't mind some form of easy/solo mode for ops in some form eventually, I've missed out on those storylines since our guild go too small and not hardcore enough for them. And OP queues never pop
They said that they would make the entire Forged Alliances story arc have solo versions of the tacticals. I'm thinking this is what they're talking about.

swtor2014-11-2202-44-c9y9f.png

Aww yiss. Had to get my jedi guardian off server and then buy a name change item from the GTN, but I got my main with the name I wanted.

Yay, won a drawing my guild had going, and got a 180 aim barrel. Think maybe I'll give my merc a little love; I haven't played her in forever.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
There should be a flood of new info coming out today about SoR from the press event they did recently.

http://hopecastgamers.com/2014/11/24/shadows-revan-press-event-coverage-ea-redwood-shores-swtorista/
http://hopecastgamers.com/2014/11/24/shadows-revan-developer-qa-swtorista/
http://prettylittlesith.com/2014/11/24/ea-redwood-shores-press-event-shadow-of-revan-preview-qa-transcriptaudio-link/

Encouraging quote from Jeff Hickman - "If you like what you see in Shadows of Revan… wait ’til next year. Next year is our year."

Remains to be seen but hopefully they follow through.

EDIT - New trailer! Looks epic!

Has any crafting info leaked from the PTS? Should I use up my thermal regulators before prices crash further?

Have you seen the MMG prices? They just completely crashed and burned. Used to go for like 600k a piece, now they're under 100k. I'm tempted to grab a couple, just as a gamble.

EDIT: Just looked, under 80k now. Got dayum.

I'm around 1400, myself. Kind of wondering if I should power through on my main to reach that 2000 comm limit, or just put some time on my pubby "main" to get her some gear when 3.0 hits.

My main and 3 of my alts are WAY over the 2k soft cap. Using these methods to just transfer some of the comms to alts that are below and then can easily legacy hack any gear from those alts back to my main raiding toons...

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/2it0ae/til_you_can_send_commendation_to_an_alt_using/

Also a handy calculator for the commendation conversion:

http://ootinicast.com/2014/11/commendation-conversion-calculator-for-3-0/

Nice, my main is at about 2.5k ( I knew those 1000 classics would come in handy at some point!), but I'm definitely going to use this to max out some alts.

Moff

damn I just wanted to prorder the expansion for the early access but apparently I should have done that last month to get the early access :/

Moff

heh, they sure are trying to lure in some players from the hype of episode 7

the numbers are not really impressive though

only 1 million active players? how many are subbed?
active means 1 login per month I guess?

and if I am reading that correctly, of the 57 million characters, not even 7 million (according to the ships) have finished the second planet?
so not even 7 million "real" characters

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

and if I am reading that correctly, of the 57 million characters, not even 7 million (according to the ships) have finished the second planet?

I think they're talking about GSF.

1 million active seems good, game population seems fairly consistent for now and it was considered financially successful then with similar numbers active. Game never had the massive numbers but has a consistent player base that other MMOs wish they had. Expansion is sure to see an upswing too,got bunch of guildies coming back to the game for it.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm kinda thinking about getting back into this. The new trailer got me hyped, and I want to revisit this space.

How has the game changed since 2012? The last time I played was May of that year. I heard the game implemented an f2p option?

I'm kinda thinking about getting back into this. The new trailer got me hyped, and I want to revisit this space.

How has the game changed since 2012? The last time I played was May of that year. I heard the game implemented an f2p option?
The game has changed quite a bit since May 2012. Lots of content, systems, and of course the F2P transition. Two rounds of server merges to make the game healthier than it was with over 100 wasteland servers. The game is also making more money than it did as a subscription-based game thanks to the cartel market. It's in a much better shape than it used to be when it launched and should be even better when the new expansion goes live for early access this Tuesday.

Here's a link if you want to read a giant list of things added or changed since then:
https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/major_changes

As far as the F2P system goes, it has problems but if you just want to experience the main class stories then it's fine. If you want to do endgame stuff then you're better off subscribing. You can certainly make it work as a F2P player as I have done by buying account unlocks off the GTN with credits but subscribing is the way to go. Also since you're a former subscriber you would be bumped up to the Preferred account status. That makes it a bit easier to get by some stuff but it's still a pain in the butt.

F2P vs. Subscription accounts right here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p

FeD.nL

Thanks for those links. Like ezekial45 I kinda just want to play something star wars and that info helped a ton. Will finally finish a character to 50 I think.

Kadin

The sale so far today is pretty meh but if anyone is in need of Cartel Coins, you can get 2400 for $9.99 at Gamestop right now. Get the code immediately.

One nice thing though is most account-wide unlocks for stuff in Collections are 50% off.

Cystm

The sale so far today is pretty meh but if anyone is in need of Cartel Coins, you can get 2400 for $9.99 at Gamestop right now. Get the code immediately.

One nice thing though is most account-wide unlocks for stuff in Collections are 50% off.

I bought a 60 day card for 10 bucks from a friend and got this to go with it.

What packs do I buy to make the most profit?

I guess I am back? Probably going to get bored super quick.

Moff

ever since I changed my GPU (to GTX780ti) i have had severe pop up problems. mostly decorative NPC's that cant be interacted with just pop up only a few feet before me.
anyone else had that problem?

MaddenNFL64

Can't wait for the Revan expac. I want to know how this mofo survived. Some force ghost shit no doubt, but I hope they go in a bit of detail.

Alur

The last 4+ have been so heavily purchased that little to nothing barring the rarest of items is worth anything. They printed some serious funds with the stronghold packs. The other ones available aren't worth it either, so if you want packs buy 'em for you, not for resale.

The crystal packs seem to be profitable. If you get one of the rarer crystals with power stat, they seem to be worth big money. I got a Cyan-Blue one that's going for like 2.8m. Not sure if they actually sell at that price, but at the very least it's a jumping-off point.

Heysoos

1 more mission and my Sin should be 55. Why do I do this to myself. Stupid PVP. JUST ADD CROSS SERVER BIO I HAVE TOO MANY GUYS TO GEAR UP.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Aww man I can't believe I missed out on that Gamestop $10 for 2400 Cartel Coins sale! Arghhh. I've been meaning to buy a few Cartel Coins to loosen some of the F2P restrictions and this would have been a perfect opportunity to do that. Oh well.

It's kind of surprising that Isotope-5's price has stayed so stable. I was thinking I might grab some to make some 180 weapons for my alts if they were cheap, but they're worth almost as much as MMGs...

It's kind of surprising that Isotope-5's price has stayed so stable. I was thinking I might grab some to make some 180 weapons for my alts if they were cheap, but they're worth almost as much as MMGs...
I should probably start dumping them before the expansion hits. I don't think anyone will buy them though.

Moff

power auras finally? i always missed that, but only around the button is a bit lame

and as expected, there are new hard modes for the old tactical flashpoints, but its not mentioned if there are hard modes for new 2 new tactical flashpoints, I hope so...

power auras finally? i always missed that, but only around the button is a bit lame

and as expected, there are new hard modes for the old tactical flashpoints, but its not mentioned if there are hard modes for new 2 new tactical flashpoints, I hope so...

They only said 4 hard modes, so the new flashpoints look to be strictly tactical story right now.

Patch notes for 3.0 are out now.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Can't wait for Assault on Tython hard mode!

Not

Also, this is nice:

Interacting with Missions next to a Priority Mission Terminal no longer causes the Missions GUI to close and the Priority Mission Terminal GUI to open.

That annoyed me to no end.

Fuck me, this is cool.
In a similar fashion, we weren’t happy with how long it took to level from 1 to 55 in the pre-3.0 game. In order to speed up the low-level game, all enemies from level 50 and lower are no longer as tough, and now die faster.

Heysoos

Hm I wonder what class got fucked over the most. Guess I'll do Sentinel then my Shadow. My Mando after that since he's my cybertech.

Hm I wonder what class got fucked over the most. Guess I'll do Sentinel then my Shadow. My Mando after that since he's my cybertech.

Easily scoundy healing. By far and away. And while i am still pumped for the Xpac with scoundrel healer easily being my main toon since early access and seeing the dramatic changes to the class that so far indicate to a major nerf, i must admit my excitement has dipped a little.

Overall we already knew what we were getting in terms of content which i am more then happy about and i am liking the extent of some of the UI changes. Can't wait - almost 12 hours to go!

For anyone wanting to get in straight away or have a slow internet you might want to start patching now - The first main assets is showing up as 3.2GB so it could end up being close to 3.5-4GB by the end of it.

Well i'm pretty bummed now about the expansion seeing that you essentially have to play the Raid to get the full story and fight the game's major fight apparently. I'm still avoiding spoilers but that's a huge kick in the nuts to those of us who can't ever get in raids.

Moff

I dont think there was any way around it, revan needed to be a raid boss. I think far more people would have been disappointed if he wasnt.
but it should be easy to get into story mode operations, no?

I dont think there was any way around it, revan needed to be a raid boss. I think far more people would have been disappointed if he wasnt.
but it should be easy to get into story mode operations, no?

Seeing how only a small portion of player populations in MMO's play raids, it's pretty shitty to lock away story content in a raid when the main story in the game has been always playable solo.

Going to be far larger outcry from players that he is a raid boss since that is majority of the player base. He should have been a flashpoint boss at best. So far all previous raid content has been side story material or stand alone from the world main story.

Top Bottom