• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Dunlop

Bioware said they're contemplating bringing it back since it was so popular and people have been asking for it. How they bring it back though remains to be seen. Don't expect it to be free unfortunately. Unless they bring it back instead of Double XP weekends.

I would sub for it, I'm enjoying plaing the republic side especially for the new story content but the slow grind sucks. The XP bonus I assume would allow people just to do the story missions and not have to do too many side quests

I have 2 lvl 50 imperials from when the game launched, I am kind of at the point where I'm thinking I should just get the expansions and level them instead

Heysoos

3 games in a row where the entire match is 6v8. Fuck you Bioware and FUCK YOU Eric Musco for pretending it isn't a problem and fuck your smug ass grin whenever they ask you about this problem. Fucking fuck. Fix your shit. Ridiculous. Every other competent MMO game seems to know how to handle this.

Alur

The few WZs I did that day were a IMP shit show. It has been better since, though.

It is so lonely on IMP side. Are all you dudes on other servers now?

I've already quit again since then, lol, but nah I am still on the same server. Milly is still imp side in Uncensored. Not sure if Heysoos is playing imps or pubs now.

3 games in a row where the entire match is 6v8. Fuck you Bioware and FUCK YOU Eric Musco for pretending it isn't a problem and fuck your smug ass grin whenever they ask you about this problem. Fucking fuck. Fix your shit. Ridiculous. Every other competent MMO game seems to know how to handle this.

Late night PVP at it's finest. I'm going to assume pub side?

Cystm

mjlol.png

I am with you, soos.

I've already quit again since then, lol, but nah I am still on the same server. Milly is still imp side in Uncensored. Not sure if Heysoos is playing imps or pubs now.

Look at that avatar. Mmmmhm.

Milly79

ross-salt-shaker-o.gif

But you'll get your "better than cross-server" PvP fix sometime next year! Give them a break! They've suffered enough!

/s

Heysoos

Merry Christmas SWTOR peeps!

all I want is for Christmas is for Bioware to get off it's ass and implement cross server queues!

I love all these people putting the cheap old packs on the GTN from the sales. So far I've gotten a Watcheman Hover Chair, a Revan Holostatue and 2x Volatile Sabres!

I love all these people putting the cheap old packs on the GTN from the sales. So far I've gotten a Watcheman Hover Chair, a Revan Holostatue and 2x Volatile Sabres!

Which pack drops the watchman hover chair? I've been really wanting to buy one of those but my server's prices are outrageous.

Heysoos

I really don't get why people that aren't trying to get geared for PVP even join matches. It can't be for relics anymore since the craftable green ones are better for PVE than the PVP ones. I just don't understand the republic side sometimes. In all my games there's like 2 or 3 of us that are actually geared for PVP, the rest is all PVE.

Giolon

I really don't get why people that aren't trying to get geared for PVP even join matches. It can't be for relics anymore since the craftable green ones are better for PVE than the PVP ones. I just don't understand the republic side sometimes. In all my games there's like 2 or 3 of us that are actually geared for PVP, the rest is all PVE.

Bc I need WZ comms to decorate my Stronghold, but otherwise have no interest in PvP.

The other night, I got in an Alderaan match where as soon as out team was formed, one guys said " lolz 6 people on our team don't even have 1300 expertise. Have fun losing nubs." And d/c'd from the match. Ironic thing is, we owned that game.

At max lvl can understand, but otherwise pvp wz's are good alternate source of xp instead of doing over and over again the same side quests of the pve portion of the game. Same with the star fighter stuff

KePoW

Banned

I can only speak for myself, but I played Warzones because I found the gameplay mechanics really fun (particularly Huttball). man I fucking loved Huttball

Doesn't mean I'm geared for it or want to make the effort of gearing

Milly79

Shameless refer-a-friend link:

http://www.swtor.com/r/LsFqBs

Here's what you get:

New players can play free up to Level 50 with no time limit and also receive the Jumpstart Bundle with boosts and items for faster leveling.

Jumpstart Bundle includes:

1x Quick Travel Pass
5x Minor XP Boost
1x Inventory Module

Previous Subscribers enjoy seven days of subscription level access with unlimited access to missions and features up to Level 50 plus the following:

Preferred Friends Bundle includes:

Unlock: Inventory Module
Unlock: Crew Skill Slot
Customization Control: Display Titles
Customization Control: Unify Colors

One Complimentary Character Transfer for the lifetime of the account. For a full list of Subscriber benefits, visit

Don't forget if you're a sub now and haven't used it, you get a free transfer!

vilmer_

Going to go Tactics on my lowbie Vanguard. Been a good while since I've pvp'd (or even played regularly in general) but they look nice and bursty. Sages/Sorcs look incredible right now.

Also, my ancient Naga died and I had to spend $230 for a brand new 2009 model :LOL Not a fan of the new 2014 model at all.

SaiyanRaoh

So, I've been really craving star wars lately. I haven't played this game since Jan 2012 and I have a lv 11 Jedi. I started up my account again and it says I'm preferred status. Besides buying the Revan expansion, is this enough if I only care about playing the story? I don't care about PVE or raids or even interacting with other players for that matter. It also shows that I have 3200 Cartel coins. Any recommendations on what to use those for? I assume that inventory space is limited since I won't pay for a sub so I already plan on buying more space.

So, I've been really craving star wars lately. I haven't played this game since Jan 2012 and I have a lv 11 Jedi. I started up my account again and it says I'm preferred status. Besides buying the Revan expansion, is this enough if I only care about playing the story? I don't care about PVE or raids or even interacting with other players for that matter. It also shows that I have 3200 Cartel coins. Any recommendations on what to use those for? I assume that inventory space is limited since I won't pay for a sub so I already plan on buying more space.

Best thing will probably be to play and see what limits on your account bug you, cause then you can use the cartel coins to unlock those things if it bothers you.

You can play the entire storyline as preferred, you just have some stuff limited to you that the cartel coins can get around or you can buy more cartel coins for more unlocking if you rather not pay a regular sub. But see how things are playing as preferred and go from there.

Going to go Tactics on my lowbie Vanguard. Been a good while since I've pvp'd (or even played regularly in general) but they look nice and bursty. Sages/Sorcs look incredible right now.

Also, my ancient Naga died and I had to spend $230 for a brand new 2009 model :LOL Not a fan of the new 2014 model at all.
$230!? Damn. I just bought a G600 yesterday to replace my double clicking Razer Imperator. Still getting used to it but it's great so far.

KePoW

Banned
$230!? Damn. I just bought a G600 yesterday to replace my double clicking Razer Imperator. Still getting used to it but it's great so far.

My Razer DeathAdder started doing that after six months, pissed me off

Not sure if I'll give them another chance, they seem to have problems with quality control

Heysoos

for real though, those shoulder rockets of vanguards/PTs are so fucking broken. Arena match, I jump in to burst down the PT we decided on targetting, CC both of them but somehow end up CC'd too. Bursted down by both of their shoulder rockets in a matter of seconds. All three of us were CC'ed. Ridic.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Man, the level 60 HMs of Forged Alliances FPs are no joke. Did Korriban tonight and wiped a few times, even to elites in one instance.

I agree with what BattleMonkey said but I do recommend getting the Going Places Bundle. It will give you Rocket Boost and speed up your quick travel. It's also only 375 CCs right now. Can't remember what you get with Preferred but the Preferred Access Bundle is also on sale for 972, down from 1820, which unlocks some of the customization perks like matching your armour to your chest colour.

Other than that you'll be fine to just play the stories but you'll have to do all the side quests since your XP gain is limited as F2P, you can pick up cheap XP boosts on the GTN.

I really need to get the Thana Vesh and Exposed Extrovert sets but man those GTN prices.

for real though, those shoulder rockets of vanguards/PTs are so fucking broken. Arena match, I jump in to burst down the PT we decided on targetting, CC both of them but somehow end up CC'd too. Bursted down by both of their shoulder rockets in a matter of seconds. All three of us were CC'ed. Ridic.

Never liked going up against those guys without backup.

Man, the level 60 HMs of Forged Alliances FPs are no joke. Did Korriban tonight and wiped a few times, even to elites in one instance.

I can't even imagine how much hell those are in HM. I have yet to try them outside of story mode but it'll be a while before I'm ready for those anyway (Imperial).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I get this error: One or more of the items below cannot be purchased because the seller has not specified shipping costs to the location selected

That's weird. The price does seem a little too good to be true, but it's from bestbuy so I would assume it is on the level.

Edit: just noticed this under the Bestbuy logo:

eBay Now is a local delivery service powered by Shutl Inc. Shutl's network of valets will deliver your items from your local Best Buy at a time that is convenient for you.

I have never heard of that, and I don't understand why they would ONLY use that and not just, you know, ship you a card.

Top Bottom