• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

I seem to recall trying to F2P and quitting because you were only allowed 2 characters and I had a max Sith Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter

hopefully that is not still the case as I would have no clue what to do with either character and want to start over

You can always delete a character and start new

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You can always delete a character and start new

You can also buy account character slot unlocks off the GTN fairly cheap, or at least you could. I have 9 slots on my account from doing that a while ago, they were like 100k a pop at the time.

Ashodin

If you buy ANYTHING anything at all from the cartel, including from earning cartel coins via achievements, you become preferred. Instant 6 slots

Dunlop

I'm kinda of impressed so far, the lower levels at least are just packed with people

I know I will be less so once I have to go through endless loading screens between the space station and planets but I will enjoy it until then ; )

Any guild for alliance on Jedi Covenant?

Heysoos

I'm kinda of impressed so far, the lower levels at least are just packed with people

I know I will be less so once I have to go through endless loading screens between the space station and planets but I will enjoy it until then ; )

For the Republic side? Yes. :) Post your guys name and I'll send you an invite.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

How long has it been since you played? They've streamlined travel a lot. You still need to go through the space station once you arrive since many of the planet quests start there but when leaving the planet you can go directly your ship. Plus you have fast travel to the fleet which you can get without a cool down and you can always port to your stronghold from anywhere and then to your ship or the fleet from there.

KePoW

Banned
That's Hero Engine for ya!

This was really the one fatal mistake for the game. EA went cheap on choosing an engine

I love almost everything else about SWTOR, but man the Hero Engine pisses me off

Unfortunately, that's the one thing that's impossible for them to change no matter how much money they spend now

Asbear

Banned
So StarWarsGAF, here's a guy who hasn't touched this game since I quit in March 2012.

In big strokes, what has happened to the game since then, aside from its free-to-play portion?

- what are the improvements?
- what has been added?
- are any significant aspects worse than they were at launch?
- Is it worth a second chance?

PS. If I pick it up again, does anyone here who has story-analytical goggles on know which storyline is the most well-written because I want to play the most compelling character arc possible. I played consular last, and I quite enjoyed it but I never finished it. My friend played Knight but said it got repetitive and predictable after act 1.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So StarWarsGAF, here's a guy who hasn't touched this game since I quit in March 2012.

In big strokes, what has happened to the game since then, aside from its free-to-play portion?

- what has been added?

PS. If I pick it up again, does anyone here who has story-analytical goggles on know which storyline is the most well-written because I want to play the most compelling character arc possible. I played consular last, and I quite enjoyed it but I never finished it. My friend played Knight but said it got repetitive and predictable after act 1.

This is the best place to see all the changes. The game has only gotten better IMO.

A lot of people say Agent is the best story and it does have a pretty big arc. Personally I really liked the Smuggler story just because of the humour but it's not as focused across all 3 acts. Knight is the most KotoR of all the stories and does hit some pretty big plot points.

- what has been added?

It's pretty much not gotten worse in any ways, mostly just improvements and additions. Again as posted above earlier, list of changes to the game so far: http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/major_changes

For best storylines, opinions vary but many seem to really like the Imperial Agent.

Karak

You playing today by any chance? If you still want an invite I'll be on most of the afternoon. Hit me up with a PM here and let me know when you'll be on. Or just respond here. :)

Ya I was on the entire all day sorry I never came back here. I might be on today. I will post back here or PM you.

Heysoos

YO. I don't get why everyone is all hyped up over Telekenetics. Balance is where it's at. HEALS FOR DAYS.

Xb8AIwF.png

We started this game 6v8 too. We held out at mid long enough to get a full team, which is why the kills are so lopsided.

Alur

Edit: Imps on this server are a joke, right?

Far as I know imps are still by far and away the dominant faction, at least with PVP. Probably several of the PVE guilds too, almost everyone who was anyone rerolled a while back. I haven't played at all in a month, though, so it may have begun to change..

Cystm

Far as I know imps are still by far and away the dominant faction, at least with PVP. Probably several of the PVE guilds too, almost everyone who was anyone rerolled a while back. I haven't played at all in a month, though, so it may have begun to change..

The few WZs I did that day were a IMP shit show. It has been better since, though.

It is so lonely on IMP side. Are all you dudes on other servers now?

Dunlop

I'm half laughing now that I realize I am enjoying the game I was contemplating buying the latest expansion

Then I checked my e-mails and realized the nice pre-order bonus I missed (12x XP) and the product is tainted for me now lol

Heysoos

I'm half laughing now that I realize I am enjoying the game I was contemplating buying the latest expansion

Then I checked my e-mails and realized the nice pre-order bonus I missed (12x XP) and the product is tainted for me now lol

Bioware said they're contemplating bringing it back since it was so popular and people have been asking for it. How they bring it back though remains to be seen. Don't expect it to be free unfortunately. Unless they bring it back instead of Double XP weekends.

Top Bottom