• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Moff

ya'll have a much larger player pool, plus a lot more actual PVPers. You hardly have it bad.

but the ratio is the same, so we got our fair share of non-expertise users, too. the only thing the larger player pool influences is that we play every second game against ourselves.

Heysoos

Thank you.

That's fine I get that, I never said it wasn't an issue too. But are you going to sit there and say you all don't have much more actual pvp oriented players on the imp side? Please. All the ex Republic pvp guilds are now on your side too. I'd much rather have that than what JCs Republic side is right now.

Moff

heh, my server had actually the same development.

at the start of vanilla imp ruled, at the end of vanilla and during ROTHC almost all imp premades left the game and reps pretty much always won because they organized premades, imps didn't.

but now in SOR many reps came over to the imp side and its very balanced now and a lot of fun.

Milly79

That's fine I get that, I never said it wasn't an issue too. But are you going to sit there and say you all don't have much more actual pvp oriented players on the imp side? Please. All the ex Republic pvp guilds are now on your side too. I'd much rather have that than what JCs Republic side is right now.

I'll sit here and say whatever you want me to say, bae.

They need to implement account wide character xfers that don't cost 450 god damn dollars.

Rather they just get a mega server tech implemented that other games now use. Just instance everyone into one giant server depending on RP, PVE, PVP. And cross server queues for all things.

vilmer_

Not sure wtf happened but a few players on my friends list just totally disappeared without a trace. The names are no longer there, even offline. I hope they didn't have their accounts hacked like I did previously :/

kmz

Neo Member
Maybe they transferred off the server?

(Any PVPers pubside that want to join WAI, let me know. There's almost always 2 or 3 groups running. We're not all Yoonis or Alurs but there's some really good players and even shitters like me are better than random pugs at least.)

Milly79

(Any PVPers pubside that want to join WAI, let me know. There's almost always 2 or 3 groups running. We're not all Yoonis or Alurs but there's some really good players and even shitters like me are better than random pugs at least.)

You give me too much credit.

Cystm

iumnpf4035OeV.gif

Alur

I am humbled! wood u liek autograf? :p But really, if you are pubside and PVPing, WAI is probably the guild you need to be joining.

And don't let Yooni fool you. He got that elitism wrapped up TITE (not tight), but it's still there. Secretly, he looks down on all of us.

Alur

Ever since Cystm turned heel on SWTOR, he's not liked anything any of us like. You can't take it personal. He don't know what he do.

Cystm

Ever since Cystm turned heel on SWTOR, he's not liked anything any of us like. You can't take it personal. He don't know what he do.

I just laughed out loud so hard just now.

The hate flows through me, and gives me the strength
to play this game.

Alur

I still remember that promo you cut tearing down Bioware late last year pre-expansion. Fanbois like me were legit shook. #heelturn #whataboutthekids

Are you raiding now too or just pvping?

KePoW

Banned
I still remember that promo you cut tearing down Bioware late last year pre-expansion. Fanbois like me were legit shook. #heelturn #whataboutthekids

WHOA kirblar, what are you doing here in this SWTOR thread?!

Cystm

I yolo queue all 15 of my shit tier characters and troll random people that think they are PvP gods all while playing on a PvE server. This is an awkward time in my life.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Some info from the latest cantina tour stop.

The bad news is it looks like they are moving to a 12 weeks release schedule. Next update is early Feb, then late April.

The good news is they are planning 2 expansions this year and the focus is now on story for the most part, including making the stories more personal. First expansion in the summer, second at the end of the year. 3.2 in April is bringing in a new stronghold, Togruta and the costume system. Personally I can't wait for that. I'm hoping the costume thing includes a revamp to the dye system.

The info comes for the next producer's letter which is coming in 2 weeks but they read it at the event. Video here.

Alur

WHOA kirblar, what are you doing here in this SWTOR thread?!

I'm not kirblar, I'm Keyes! lol, and I've always been in this thread. I'm an OG Empire GAF officer even. I co-held the title of Sunderer of Guilds with Yooni/Milly79. SWTOR was my first GAF love pre-ESO and pre-Heroes of the Storm.

I yolo queue all 15 of my shit tier characters and troll random people that think they are PvP gods all while playing on a PvE server. This is an awkward time in my life.

You know, instead of trolling the reglords you should've just kept playing Heroes of the Storm. I kept you a nice warm seat, but you only logged in that one time. Tsk tsk.

...and the costume system. Personally I can't wait for that. I'm hoping the costume thing includes a revamp to the dye system.

More alternatives/ways to deck out our chars than we already have? Like, possibly wearing other classes armor? Or something else?

Moff

12 weeks is really weak for one of the most successful f2p games on the marked. and I bet it wont always be satisfying updates either. again, I dont see where the money is going.

12 weeks is really weak for one of the most successful f2p games on the marked. and I bet it wont always be satisfying updates either. again, I dont see where the money is going.

It's been pretty much 12 weeks for a while now it seems, they wanted for a while to do updates every 2 months but that didn't really pan out long.

If expansions are not included in those every 12 week updates, then that's not bad at all.

Costume system? So they're going LOTRO on us with wardrobe or am I reading too much into it?

By this I mean instead of having to go in and put mods into the gear you want to look like, you can just equip it as wardrobe and leave your current gear alone?

Sounds kinda like that, but also kind kills the point of modding gear, which was largely about making other gear work for whatever class/build you play.

On other hand maybe its more like a special casual costume system like Guild Wars 2 has and such where you got special cosmetic only clothing costume pieces that you can toggle on and off for visual and RP sakes

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I forgot to mention that also talked about a new planet for 3.2 with a story arc associated with it that continues from the events of SoR. The planet is the Imperial homeworld of Ziost.

They never announced a 12 week release schedule, I was just repeating what someone said on Reddit. Feb 10th to Apr 28th is actually 11 weeks and we don't have any dates beyond those 2.

I don't know what the costume system is but they called it the Outfit Designer. Considering we already have a way to wear adaptive gear with whatever mods we want there must be more to it than just using other gear as skins. Unless people are really dying to wear green gear?

KePoW

Banned
I'm not kirblar, I'm Keyes! lol, and I've always been in this thread. I'm an OG Empire GAF officer even. I co-held the title of Sunderer of Guilds with Yooni/Milly79. SWTOR was my first GAF love pre-ESO and pre-Heroes of the Storm

ohhh haha awesome! lol we have the same tastes in games, I really liked ESO too

I must not have seen you in SWTOR because I've only been playing Republic the past 2 years

Heysoos

Today, my little GAF guild got accused of having a bunch of banned members, being an offshoot of LD-50, and I got accused of speed hacking, lag switching, and lord knows what else. WATCH OUT, WE'RE COMING UP IN THE WORLD. #startedfromthebottom

KePoW

Banned
Today, my little GAF guild got accused of having a bunch of banned members, being an offshoot of LD-50, and I got accused of speed hacking, lag switching, and lord knows what else. WATCH OUT, WE'RE COMING UP IN THE WORLD. #startedfromthebottom

holy shmokes!

Republic side??

I haven't played TOR since the first 6 months of launch. A Clone Wars binge has rekindled my insatiable appetite for anything SW. Reinstalling the game as we speak.

I hope the community and game are in good shape. Is there a guild/server most of gaf is on?

I haven't played TOR since the first 6 months of launch. A Clone Wars binge has rekindled my insatiable appetite for anything SW. Reinstalling the game as we speak.

I hope the community and game are in good shape. Is there a guild/server most of gaf is on?
Jedi Covenant, Republic side.

Heysoos will get you in if you give him a character name.

Heysoos

Yep, that's the unofficial/official GAF guild, though there's not really many actual neogaf members. I honestly think I'm the only one right now. There's some that come and go. It's mostly a core group of guys that raid weekly.

Heysoos

I just had someone in my Warzone match equipped with a bunch of empty orange shells. I noped the fuck the out of there so damn fast. I thought he/she was just trying out a look.... then the match started... I told the person that he still had a bunch of empty shells equipped..... no change.... runs straight into battle.....

*leave warzone*

swtor2015-01-3019-39-azu1p.png

Man, my guildies are killing it. We started out 4m behind, and we skyrocketed to over 3m over. We've actually been able to get first place on a lot of planets. Pretty impressive since just a few months ago we'd barely crack the top 10.

Dries

Hi guys, me and my girlfriend just installed this game on our PC's and we want to play together. We have different classes though, so our characters do not begin in the same area.

At what point in the game can we travel and quest together? And how/where do you team up?

Hi guys, me and my girlfriend just installed this game on our PC's and we want to play together. We have different classes though, so our characters do not begin in the same area.

At what point in the game can we travel and quest together? And how/where do you team up?

As long as you're both republic/republic or empire/empire, you'll be able to group up on the second planet. You get off the first planet at level 10-12.

StudioTan

My gf and I leveled to 50 together at launch so to expand on what Nero's Neptune once you get to the second planet the game generally takes all classes to the same locations for their class quests so if you have a quest that seems far and she doesn't just do her quest first and it will most likely send her near where your quest is too.

Also, I'm not sure if it's on by default, but there is a setting in the options that lets you see markers for other people's quests who are in your group. They show up as purple on your map instead of green. That's very handy, especially if like me your significant other has a bad sense of direction in MMOs :p

Dries

Awesome guys, thanks. Looks like we'll be questing together in a bit.

Something completely different now though: Are there any cool ways to improve the graphics? Like a high resolution texture pack or something? I just got an 980 and I want to max the game out as much as possible. I'm already applying DSR btw.

Been a while since I've logged in since I've mostly been max-leveling in FFXIV.

I've been away from the game for over a month, and I see they added companion gear sets to one of the weeklies. Really fucking cool, IMO. Not that it looks cool, but it's nice to gear up companions of characters I didn't really have the chance to gear up before.

I kind of regret getting a full set of 186 gear for Xalek now, though.

I also noticed they fixed some of the companion weapons, namely the vibroswords and offhand saber. That took too fucking long.

Anyway, now to put some time on my Sent. To be honest, I feel kind of guilty playing her. She looks too young to be so slutty looking.

swtor2014-12-1202-14-ckjf5.png

Not that I'm going to change it.

I'm actually thinking of using my double-white dye on her, then giving her some white saber crystals. That'll make her look more pure, r-right?

That's quite the lady you got there.

Heysoos

Something completely different now though: Are there any cool ways to improve the graphics? Like a high resolution texture pack or something? I just got an 980 and I want to max the game out as much as possible. I'm already applying DSR btw.

Unfortunately, no. The game isn't really much of a looker. :( That said if you want to enable shadows to the max, that might kill your FPS. At least, Shadows on high seems to kill my FPS in planets like Rishi

Cystm

Oversampling helps a ton.

E: Welp, nevermind.

Top Bottom