• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So I finally let my subscription end, but I have a pile of cartel coins that I haven't used yet.

What's the best use of my 24000 coins?

No really, what should I be getting? ;P

I'm assuming a lot of the account/character stuff that you'd normally only have access as a subscriber.
Rocket Boots and its upgrades are pretty much essential for anybody playing this game. It really helps when you're leveling new characters.

Other than that there really isn't anything else that I can think of. As you said, account unlocks are always nice. There's also the cartel packs. The items inside should net you some pretty good credits on the GTN, especially the rare mounts.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No really, what should I be getting? ;P

I'm assuming a lot of the account/character stuff that you'd normally only have access as a subscriber.

Unless you do ops the biggest thing you'll be dealing with is the money cap so you might want to look into escrow unlocks. I'm not sure what you lose when going from sub to preferred so I don't know if you'll need stuff like matching to chest and other QoL unlocks.

Cystm

I got a couple of extra codes from the Star Wars Humble Bundle I wanted to give away. You duders are first up. If no one wants them here then I will give them away in the free to a good home thread tomorrow.

Quote to reveal.
  • Star Wars™ Jedi Knight™: Jedi Academy™
  • Star Wars™: Dark Forces

swtor2015-02-0516-46-crqhe.png

Oh Christ almighty, the Magnificent Dancer Bottom combined with the Covert Waist Energy Armor makes for some slutty armor.

That skirt is so low it looks like it's hanging off her clitoris.

It's clearly way too much. And yet, I'd kick myself if I didn't go with it.

I used to play this game when it first came out. I haven't played since it went free-to-play. Installed it again and as soon as I hit play from the launcher my screens go black and nothing loads up. It doesn't reboot or crash, just goes to black screens. I can't even bring up task manager. Anyone else have this problem?

I checked their support site and it's listed as a problem but it just gives a laundry list of "solutions" (i.e. make sure your drivers are up to date and you meet min specs, etc.) Anyone encountered this and have any idea what might cause it? Thanks.

Edit: NVM, finally figured out it was the firewall.

Moff

I'd like to see the experience bonusses as legacy or housing rewards, or a combination of both, like if you have legacy 50 and a certain prestige score you get a double experience weekend each month, or 3x or 6x etc. the higher your prestige/legacy level is.

I'd like to see the experience bonusses as legacy or housing rewards, or a combination of both, like if you have legacy 50 and a certain prestige score you get a double experience weekend each month, or 3x or 6x etc. the higher your prestige/legacy level is.
I wish this game had Veteran Rewards. Subscribers need some bonuses.

With Shadow Realms rumored to be dead, I wonder if this means they'll put their resources back on full with SWTOR. I mean Shadow Realms was basically the old SWTOR team. Might as well put them back on and pump out that sweet content.

I want my Ziost.

Syf

Banned
Would make sense to put some more into SWTOR, the Star Wars hype will be real with the new movie coming out.

Heysoos

Actually they address SWTOR right on the Shadow Realms page. They say SWTOR will be their biggest focus going forward (ahead of Dragon Age and Mass Effect) and say they've got big things to unveil in the "coming weeks."

https://shadowrealms.com/blog/an-important-update-on-shadow-realms?sf36160139=1

Cross server queues please

They also posted their road map for 2014 and basically just told us stuff we already knew with glaring omissions like when Eric Fucking Musco told us we'd have further info on their plans to alleviate queue times. That was supposed to happen before the end of the year. I'm guessing they're just going to sweep it under the rug like the rest of their empty promises when it comes to pvp. Whatever happened to removing pvp restrictions for f2p and preferred players LOL.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Cross server queues please

They also posted their road map for 2014 and basically just told us stuff we already knew with glaring omissions like when Eric Fucking Musco told us we'd have further info on their plans to alleviate queue times. That was supposed to happen before the end of the year. I'm guessing they're just going to sweep it under the rug like the rest of their empty promises when it comes to pvp. Whatever happened to removing pvp restrictions for f2p and preferred players LOL.

This is why they never tell us stuff until it's set in stone, because if they change something people will call them liars and bitch about it.

FWIW, as I think I mentioned previously, one of the guys from OotiniCast saw stuff they were working on for the coming year and said it was really exciting. There's no doubt that with a new Star Wars movie coming out this year that they are going to want to capitalize on renewed interest and draw as many people in as possible.

That first boss in Blood Hunt HM is something, going to be a pug killer!

All the new HM flashpoints are pug killers. I hate doing them because of that. It's just not worth the hassle.

Anyone here have a healer operative? What should my stat priority be? Last time I did Op healing it was pre-3.0, and it sounds like there's been some major changes. Dulfy is no help, because all it shows is what raid gear has. I'm trying to build my Op back up, but have no idea where to start as far as stats go.

DrBo42

What's the best method of leveling this weekend with the bonus? Really regretting not taking advantage of the 12x class mission period.

DrBo42

Kuat Drive Yards. It's a tactical FP that runs 10-54 (may be wrong on the starting level, but you cannot do it after 54). Tacticals don't require a trinity comp, so you can run with 4 DPS if you wish.

Oh nice. Is that through the standard group finder?

Is anyone else having an issue with quick travel cooldown? I have all the legacy unlocks, but it still takes a half hour for it to be off cooldown.

EDIT: Just realized it's probably because I'm on Preferred now...

StudioTan

It's probably nothing but the SWTOR twitter announced a video coming tomorrow:

O7u3I2r.jpg

StudioTan

Looks like it's a video series for each class and their advanced classes.

Yeah except a data miner on Reddit said it's the title of some subscriber promotion stuff that is in the PTS files which includes everyone getting one of these if they are subbed before march.

Mluv7rV.png

It's gotta be something a bit more than that since the name doesn't relate to the crystal and it's not even shown in the picture. He could be wrong of course. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

DrBo42

Only had enough time to get to 45 from the double xp weekend. What's my best option now? KDY until 47 and then Makeb or something? I don't know the levels for any of the non-launch planets.

It's probably itsfuckingnothing.gif
And that would be a damn shame.
Only had enough time to get to 45 from the double xp weekend. What's my best option now? KDY until 47 and then Makeb or something? I don't know the levels for any of the non-launch planets.
You can do KDY until your eyes bleed.

As for planets it would be Voss then Corellia to 50. Makeb would be 50-55 and then go straight into Shadow of Revan content from there if you bought it.

StudioTan

Have you at least been doing your class quests? You should finish that quest line before you start Makeb.

In terms of direct story content you class quest finished on Corellia, then Makeb, then Oricon, the 4 flashpoints that lead in to Shadow of Revan and then SoR which is Rishi and Yavin IV.

DrBo42

And that would be a damn shame.

You can do KDY until your eyes bleed.

As for planets it would be Voss then Corellia to 50. Makeb would be 50-55 and then go straight into Shadow of Revan content from there if you bought it.

Have you at least been doing your class quests? You should finish that quest line before you start Makeb.

In terms of direct story content you class quest finished on Corellia, then Makeb, then Oricon, the 4 flashpoints that lead in to Shadow of Revan and then SoR which is Rishi and Yavin IV.

Completely neglected the class quests. Should I just get to 50 in KDY and then run all the class quests or would it be faster to do the quests first? I do have the SoR expansion so I'll need to figure out what I have to do order-wise to see that story.

StudioTan

Completely neglected the class quests. Should I just get to 50 in KDY and then run all the class quests or would it be faster to do the quests first? I do have the SoR expansion so I'll need to figure out what I have to do order-wise to see that story.

You may as well start doing your class quests now. You can start Makeb at 47 so by the time you finish your quests you should be there, even with the fact that you won't be getting any XP until level 40 I believe.

Heysoos

Any of you notice that there's been like four swtor threads on the gaming side in the past couple of weeks. Surprisingly none started by cystm. 😮

StudioTan

Any of you notice that there's been like four swtor threads on the gaming side in the past couple of weeks. Surprisingly none started by cystm. 😮

Yeah. I don't think people know about this thread because I see people saying they're playing that never post here!

iosefe

hi everybody. i decided to get back into the game after seeing someone do an RTTP thread, i had a sage but it wasn't clicking with me i guess so i dropped the game. now i'm rolling an IA

i also happen to have 1k Cartel coins. i'm on the edge on how worth the inventory upgrades are. i i can but 2 for my account. worthy investment i assume?

Cystm

hi everybody. i decided to get back into the game after seeing someone do an RTTP thread, i had a sentinel but it wasn't clicking with me i guess so i dropped the game. now i'm rolling an IA

i also happen to have 1k Cartel coins. i'm on the edge on how worth the inventory upgrades are. i i can but 2 for my account. worthy investment i assume?

They are, yes. Depending on your credit situation, you might be able to find them on the trade market for cheap as well.

iosefe

They are, yes. Depending on your credit situation, you might be able to find them on the trade market for cheap as well.

i got two for the account. should tide me over for a while.

so i am on Jedi Covenant. i assume i have to be a certain level to join the guild

Moff

that's the first SWTOR thread on GAF with zero "this game sucks so much" comments, I didn't think I'd ever see that day, but I guess the word has spread that the f2p model is actually not that terrible.

Top Bottom