• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Heysoos

Who would I message about this?

Also, are there any good glass guides that go over rotation and application of that rotation? I'm used to the WoW community where you can find tons of indepth knowledge and I haven't really seen that with SWTOR. I'm trying to figure out a good way to level with my classes. It feels like there's a lot of abilities that I'll just ditch later, and I'm trying to make sure I actually keep the most relevant stuff on my bars.

Sorry I'll get on in a few

KePoW

Banned
Who would I message about this?

Also, are there any good glass guides that go over rotation and application of that rotation? I'm used to the WoW community where you can find tons of indepth knowledge and I haven't really seen that with SWTOR. I'm trying to figure out a good way to level with my classes. It feels like there's a lot of abilities that I'll just ditch later, and I'm trying to make sure I actually keep the most relevant stuff on my bars.

I think Jesus can invite on the Republic GAF guild

I just started playing again after lapsing for a couple of years.

I had a question about strongholds though. I get that you have a limit on the number of decorations you can place, but is that per Stronghold or a limit for all strongholds? Like if I bought the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas strongholds and only had one of a certain decoration, do I have to choose which one to place it in or can I place it in both? Thanks!

Heysoos

I had a question about strongholds though. I get that you have a limit on the number of decorations you can place, but is that per Stronghold or a limit for all strongholds? Like if I bought the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas strongholds and only had one of a certain decoration, do I have to choose which one to place it in or can I place it in both? Thanks!

Choose, I believe.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Your decorations are the total you have, not per stronghold. If you want to put the same lamp in 2 different strongholds you need 2 copies.

The one good thing is the decorations are shared amongst all your characters so they all have access them when decorating. The exceptions are mounts, pets and companions which are only selectable by the characters that own/have those.

Milly79

Ya the healer you lost to in group ranked before you transferred, who has been in the guild since last June and took a break.

Erm... Lost to recently? Yeah. I don't remember you from back then. Everyone was telling me you were new. And if you're saying I transferred now, then no. I unsubbed.

Alur

Ya the healer you lost to in group ranked before you transferred, who has been in the guild since last June and took a break.

ouUv6J8.gif

Dayum. Straight for the jugular in your second response in the thread. LOL.

And FWIW I don't remember the character name either (though maybe I would an alt if you have em). To be fair I've been quit since just before the expansion dropped/the end of season three in ranked.

Vildiil

Dayum. Straight for the jugular in your second response in the thread. LOL.

And FWIW I don't remember the character name either (though maybe I would an alt if you have em). To be fair I've been quit since just before the expansion dropped/the end of season three in ranked.

The thing with written text is you cannot always infer a person's tone. I took his responses to be a cock slap and I responded in kind.

I quit at the end of Season 2 and came back just recently so I can understand why people would think I'm new.

Either way the tournament should be fun and I just wanted more exposure for it as it is something we've been discussing for a few weeks now and the thread on the official forums was not gaining much traction.

Alur

you quit bae?

He's off in Heroes of the Storm land with me. Where you can PVP against different people every game and they put out patches and new stuff once a month instead of...you know, the alternative.

you should join us

Really though I think he said he's just taking a break for a bit IIRC.

KePoW

Banned
He's off in Heroes of the Storm land with me. Where you can PVP against different people every game and they put out patches and new stuff once a month instead of...you know, the alternative.

you should join us

waaaat... u don't like HUTT BALL buddie???

Alur

waaaat... u don't like HUTT BALL buddie???

Hutt ball is the best PVP objective/map ever IMO. But playing the same 4 guilds and same 20-30 people week after week after week (some of them for years now) does get a bit tiresome.

KePoW

Banned
Hutt ball is the best PVP objective/map ever IMO

heck ya, I freakin loved HUTT BALL !

but I do agree that I would rather play random wide pool of people, not the same players all the time. does SWTOR have cross-mega-server queuing for BGs now??

Heysoos

For now, yes. Don't know if I'll ever come back. Really hard to say with how long some things have taken (balancing, etc).

watcha playin now, boo?

:lol, no. And it's never happening.

heck ya, I freakin loved HUTT BALL !

but I do agree that I would rather play random wide pool of people, not the same players all the time. does SWTOR have cross-mega-server queuing for BGs now??

Agreed and yeah no. Bioware said they'd have a "better than cross server" solution to queue times, but have been extremely quiet since then. Originally we were supposed to get news on that before December ended. Got nothing. So, take that as you will.

Alur

watcha playin now, boo?

Dat reading comprehension doe...

|
|
V

you should join us

Really though I think he said he's just taking a break for a bit IIRC.

:D. I already told you what he was playing lol. He started like two weeks ago.

Choose, I believe.

Your decorations are the total you have, not per stronghold. If you want to put the same lamp in 2 different strongholds you need 2 copies.

The one good thing is the decorations are shared amongst all your characters so they all have access them when decorating. The exceptions are mounts, pets and companions which are only selectable by the characters that own/have those.

Gotcha, thanks guys!

Another question: It said in one of the loading screen tool tips that you get 500 cartel coins every month for being a subscriber and 100 cartel coins if you have a security key attached to your account. Do you get the 100 cartel coins for the security key even if you're not a subscriber?

Also, is the mobile security key app still crap? I remember back when it released, people complained if you switched phones and had to redownload the app you ended up effectively locked out of your account. So I never bothered getting one. How is it now?

Thanks!

Heysoos

Dat reading comprehension doe...

|
|
V

:D. I already told you what he was playing lol. He started like two weeks ago.

I swear I didn't see your post haha. Blame the mobile site.

Gotcha, thanks guys!

Another question: It said in one of the loading screen tool tips that you get 500 cartel coins every month for being a subscriber and 100 cartel coins if you have a security key attached to your account. Do you get the 100 cartel coins for the security key even if you're not a subscriber?

Also, is the mobile security key app still crap? I remember back when it released, people complained if you switched phones and had to redownload the app you ended up effectively locked out of your account. So I never bothered getting one. How is it now?

Thanks!
Yeah you still get the coins. It's not that bad anymore, at the very least you no longer have to go through customer support to deactivate it, you can do it through the website. That said you can still get locked out if you happen to switch phones and forget to deactivate before doing so, in which case you'll need CS.

styl3s

Anyone have a good build for lightning sorc? I got an e-mail offering 7 days free sub i got super back into the game and they are selling this

Shadow of Revan Expansion – Level Cap to 60
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion – Level Cap to 55
60 Days of Subscription Game Time
2400 Cartel Coins to spend in the Cartel Market

For $39.99 so i figure fuck it i am diving back in head first but it's been so long since i played i don't know any viable leveling builds for him.

Anyone have a good build for lightning sorc? I got an e-mail offering 7 days free sub i got super back into the game and they are selling this

Shadow of Revan Expansion – Level Cap to 60
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion – Level Cap to 55
60 Days of Subscription Game Time
2400 Cartel Coins to spend in the Cartel Market

For $39.99 so i figure fuck it i am diving back in head first but it's been so long since i played i don't know any viable leveling builds for him.
I would just follow this Lightning Sorc guide.

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/18/swtor-3-0-lightning-sorcerer-dps-guide-by-ktap/

You won't be able to find any leveling guides unfortunately. When I'm leveling characters I just look for their endgame guides and go with that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The current spec system makes "builds" kind of a non-isue, as you get all your important abilities automatically at set levels. None of the utility talent choices will have that huge of an effect on your leveling experience, afaik.

KePoW

Banned
The current spec system makes "builds" kind of a non-isue, as you get all your important abilities automatically at set levels. None of the utility talent choices will have that huge of an effect on your leveling experience, afaik.

WHOA wat u doing in here ano??

iosefe

so in an awesome case of right place, right time. i was around when a level 55 guy was on tython giving away cartel items. i was able to get an Advanced Pink-Purple Indestructible Crystal, and also Revan Chest/robes

now to decide if i'll put em on my Sentinel, or on my consular. i plan on going Shadow Tank, so the endurance crystal would be godly there, right?

Heysoos

so in an awesome case of right place, right time. i was around when a level 55 guy was on tython giving away cartel items. i was able to get an Advanced Pink-Purple Indestructible Crystal, and also Revan Chest/robes

now to decide if i'll put em on my Sentinel, or on my consular. i plan on going Shadow Tank, so the endurance crystal would be godly there, right?

Yep, give endurance to your tank. The Revan chest and robes can net you a good amount of cash if you don't want to use them.

It's nice to have a full team of PVP geared players. Makes a huge difference.

Work ran late sorry. Are you on for the invite? :(

We got it, homie. I preciate it. :)

So how does PVP work? is it brackets or is everyone brought up to the same level?

Also, are there any other saber crystals besides the 41 point ones? Or is that as high as it goes, even at max level?

Top Bottom