• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I tried to run a Heroic +4 with a pug just now. 1 tank, 2 dps, and me healing. I thought, "How bad could it be?"
They all ran into the mobs, dps balls to the wall, and got creamed. They did this a couple times. Finally, I asked why the tank wasn't tanking.
Jedi Guardian says, "What's a tank?"

Oh. It's going to be one of those days.

LOL, but maybe it's their first MMO?

i have no idea what KDY is

Kuat Drive Yard. It's a flashpoint that virtually anyone can enter, that bolsters your level. It's mostly used to grind up levels, and it's particularly popular among PVPers. A lot of people end up not knowing proper rotations, nuances of their class, PVE mechanics, etc.

Sometimes those people break out into the PVE world, and it's a nightmare.

iosefe

since we chose a PvE server for the guild. KDY seems harmless. unless you have somone that doesn't know the puzzels.

like me

It's a tactical, so it's easy enough to do with all DPS. Enemies don't hit particularly hard, and the bosses have Kolto dispensers, so you don't need to heal.

But that sorta plays into the problem. No need for roles, so nobody learns about them. When the people that only do KDY get into other content, they expect to be able to roll through it just like they do KDY, and end up getting everyone killed.

The tacticals outside of KDY, even though they don't need the proper roles, require a vague understanding of them, or at the very least a "tank" type character, since there's tactics and aggro and whatnot. I'm fairly certain the bosses on KDY don't have aggro tables, or they have aggro dumps, or something, because they have a habit of jumping from person to person.

shiba5

It's a tactical, so it's easy enough to do with all DPS. Enemies don't hit particularly hard, and the bosses have Kolto dispensers, so you don't need to heal.

But that sorta plays into the problem. No need for roles, so nobody learns about them. When the people that only do KDY get into other content, they expect to be able to roll through it just like they do KDY, and end up getting everyone killed.

The tacticals outside of KDY, even though they don't need the proper roles, require a vague understanding of them, or at the very least a "tank" type character, since there's tactics and aggro and whatnot. I'm fairly certain the bosses on KDY don't have aggro tables, or they have aggro dumps, or something, because they have a habit of jumping from person to person.

Oh ok, that would explain some of the people I'm running into. They just run right into the mobs and start dpsing - and then all die. Oh, and complain about not getting heals. So they at least understand what a healer IS. They just don't understand that I can't heal everyone getting destroyed at once.
Healing 40 man raids was easier because people knew their roles. Too bad there's no way to tell what I'm getting myself into without flat out asking if there's a tank. Freakin' MMOs. LOL

https://imgur.com/gallery/QzkmP

Looks like 8m op groupfinder is coming back, and will add level 55 ops to the rotation.

Level 60 HM FPs will now give ultimate comms, on top of that.

All these are welcome changes. Especially the 8m groupfinder. It kinda lights a fire under me to play more. Or rather, it will when it's out. :/

Milly79

Whats the best way for a new-ish player to level up very fast, so to be very overpowered to just cheese through the 'single player'.

Kuat Drive Yards (flashpoint), honestly. It's the shortest, but most mind-numbing. If you want to experience the story, I'd just go ahead and do that instead.

Ugh 12XP. Really hope i could suspend it and turn it on when i want (an adjustable slider to move it anywhere between normal gains and 12XP would be phenomenal but i would love to just toggle it off and on for now).

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Ugh 12XP. Really hope i could suspend it and turn it on when i want (an adjustable slider to move it anywhere between normal gains and 12XP would be phenomenal but i would love to just toggle it off and on for now).

That's what the data mining suggests. Not a slider but you can toggle it on and off.

That's what the data mining suggests. Not a slider but you can toggle it on and off.

Yeah i just gave the datamine results a read and it is a great result - i love to be somewhat of a completionist on some of the planets so being able to toggle it off then would be great for me .

As an FYI to those who haven't or are not familiar with datamining (in general but particularly swtor), all i will say is that while this was datamined in the 3.2 patch, it could not see live until way further down the track. Although my guess is it will happen sometime just after 3.2 is released and Ziost has been available for a few weeks.

Got my mara to 49 and assassin to 32. I didn't get as much play time as I wanted but I'm happy with the results.

Really hope I can just buy a permanent 12x XP because I'm not really enjoying leveling without boosts. By the time I hit the 30s I just want it over with. It's the same planets and same stories over and over and over. I think the reason it bugs me so much is because of how much traveling their is. Feels like they made the worlds big just to make them big, so seeing the same layouts recycled over and over and over makes me wonder where the money went for this game cause it sure as fuck wasn't the level design.

StudioTan

New mounts!

MegaMount_854x480.jpg

MicroMount_854x480.jpg

StationaryMount_854x480.jpg

I'm doing the different classes to see their class quests. Is there any point in leveling past 50 with multiple classes (other than to just have multiple classes at 60?) Is there any unique class stuff in the expansion content or is it all the same for every class?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
looking to play whats more popular guild wise republic or imperial ?

Heysoos

looking to play whats more popular guild wise republic or imperial ?

There's plenty of big guilds on both sides. If you're looking to do a lot of PVP, Imp side is more active, but PVE wise it's pretty much the same from what I've seen. I get faster PVE FP pops on Republic side though. It also depends on the server.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Has there been any official response on the 12x XP coming back? I can't trust some dataminer.

I thought 12x XP was around for a while is it gone?

Shame as I was about to start playing again. Finally gonna check out the imp agent story line. Still unusure if I wanna go sniper or operative, sniper seems really cool but operative can heal. I'd be an operative but I think I wanna be ranged.

DrBo42

I thought 12x XP was around for a while is it gone?

Shame as I was about to start playing again. Finally gonna check out the imp agent story line. Still unusure if I wanna go sniper or operative, sniper seems really cool but operative can heal. I'd be an operative but I think I wanna be ranged.

It was around leading up to the expansion to get people to play again. Hasn't been seen since unless I'm incorrect.

Heysoos

God damn it. They're closing the Stronghold titles thing to transfer PVP comms. Fucking Bioware. I honestly wouldn't mind if they actually freaking let us buy the damn gear with comms before hitting 60. Also, I died a little on the inside reading their post about Sent/Maras in regards to PVP.

fenners

God damn it. They're closing the Stronghold titles thing to transfer PVP comms. Fucking Bioware. I honestly wouldn't mind if they actually freaking let us buy the damn gear with comms before hitting 60. Also, I died a little on the inside reading their post about Sent/Maras in regards to PVP.

Link?

Top Bottom