• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

KePoW

Banned
God damn it. They're closing the Stronghold titles thing to transfer PVP comms. Fucking Bioware. I honestly wouldn't mind if they actually freaking let us buy the damn gear with comms before hitting 60. Also, I died a little on the inside reading their post about Sent/Maras in regards to PVP.

I don't know what this means, but if it only affects PVP gear then I don't care too much haha

Heysoos

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8122501#edit8122501

Hey PvPers,

Heads up on a change that some of you spotted as being in Game Update 3.2 on PTS, it is actually a part of 3.1.2 which is coming tomorrow. The change is around three Stronghold titles, which some players are using to move around Warzone Commendations in a way we did not intend. Here are the changes:

The following Stronghold Titles are now Bind on Pickup:
Stronghold Label: Imperial Sanctuary
Stronghold Label: Republic Sanctuary
Stronghold Label: Starfighter's Lounge
If you have any of these titles unbound, they will bind to you as of tomorrow.

Thanks!

-eric

I don't know what this means, but if it only affects PVP gear then I don't care too much haha

It basically makes you uncompetitive until you get full gear when you hit level 60. Right now, you can buy a Stronghold title for 1000 WZ comms and transfer those to alts and have them return those, which means you could gear alts a lot faster and becoming a lot more competitive. While I understand it was not working as intended, it has been going on for a long time and they never really did anything about it. It made serious PVPers life much easier because you could more easily gear out fresh alts much faster so you wouldn't get facerolled. Alternatively, they could actually let us fucking do something with comms while we're leveling, like letting us buy the gear pre60 so that when we hit 60 we can actually be competitive. As it is right now, unless you want to be juggling and returning low level PVP weapons every two hours, you'll comm cap extremely quickly with nothing to do with all the WZ comms you're getting while leveling. But Bioware has constantly proven they don't give a rats ass about PVP, so :shrug:.

Has there been any official response on the 12x XP coming back? I can't trust some dataminer.

Double XP is coming back 4/16 through 4/22 for the Star Wars Celebration. It would seem weird if they're also planning 12x XP for the last week of the month or something but who knows? Maybe it will be for the week of May the 4th?

Heysoos

3.1.2 is out today and in usual Bioware fashion they

made certain classes stronger while others continue underperform and need help

screwed over PVP while the ability to transfer PVE basic comms is still there

man

whatthefuckever

fuck eric musco and fuck bioware

Milly79

3.1.2 is out today and in usual Bioware fashion they

made certain classes stronger while others continue underperform and need help

screwed over PVP while the ability to transfer PVE basic comms is still there

man

whatthefuckever

fuck eric musco and fuck bioware

And you still play.

Heysoos

who's eric musco

Literally Hitler. Jk.

Community Manager at Bioware Austin. Honestly, despite all I type I don't really have anything against him since I don't know what background stuff he has to deal with.

That said, they keep making empty promises about being more open with the community, but continuously keep us in the dark. :shrug:

KePoW

Banned
Literally Hitler. Jk.

Community Manager at Bioware. Honestly, despite all I type I don't really have anything against him since I don't know what background he has to deal with.

That said, they keep making empty promises about being more open with the community, but continuously keep us in the dark. :shrug:

ah okay gotcha

all will be forgiven when 12x returns!!

swtor-2015-04-13-09-3e4bt9.jpg

It was a busy week for conquest for our guild, but we ended up putting a good amount of distance between us and BBB. Pretty impressive considering there was a point where we were 1m behind.

Double XP is coming back 4/16 through 4/22 for the Star Wars Celebration. It would seem weird if they're also planning 12x XP for the last week of the month or something but who knows? Maybe it will be for the week of May the 4th?

where did you hear that? seems like i can only really level when there's double xp.

Jumped back in after months of not playing, liking the new skill system but I've only just quickly glanced at it. I know I can't change class but can I change my skill set?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Jumped back in after months of not playing, liking the new skill system but I've only just quickly glanced at it. I know I can't change class but can I change my skill set?

Yes, you can switch between the 3 disciplines.

Moff

I can't believe they haven't got the permission yet to sell the T shaped claymore lightsabers from episode 7 on the cartel market

Moff

well they also sell the mounts which look similiar to the one in the episode 7 trailer, I don't see why T shaped lightsabers couldn't have been around back then.

So they were handing out bracelets with #FallenEmpire written on them as well as a date of 6/15/15.

Interesting.

Oh nice a Grievous cycle.

For those who want to watch the cantina stream it looks like it will be shown on the ESL channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/esl?sf37679238=1

This is the cantina speeder people are getting for attending:

swtor-prinawe-congregate-speeder.jpg

Cool thing is everyone can get it as long as the people who went share the links. Then the people who get the links also get links themselves. It's like a virus!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The Yavin IV stronghold looks sweet! Great choice.

StudioTan

Here is the link to get the cantina mount. Managed to snag a link from the Twitch stream and got one to share for myself.

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/1b77

Also they announced that 12x XP is coming back on May 4th.

Getting an error :/

EDIT: Worked on the third try, and it says I should get a code to share but it didn't give me one

Getting an error :/
I was having a lot of trouble getting the link to show on my account. Either it's broken at the moment or 5 people grabbed it quickly. Hopefully whoever got them will share if they aren't lurkers.

EDIT: Oh good. Yeah the account server is getting hammered at the moment. The link comes and goes.

StudioTan

Is the 12x just for the 4th?

No, they said it will end at some point in the future but they wouldn't say when, just that it'll be on for a long while.

So they announce anything besides 12xp?

Realize this is just a cantina event, but hey.

They announced the Yavin stronghold and they said that some time after 3.2 comes out there will be something else that happens as part of 3.2 that they can't talk about. Sounds like a surprise event.

Top Bottom