• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Are the raids any good in this? Interesting mechanics or difficult at all?

Yes, the mechanics are quite fun and often require a well coordinated team. My favorite is still Terror from Beyond but to be fair I haven't had enough experience with the newer ones Dread Fortress and Dread Palace (both of which were quite fun as well) and haven't even done the latest one yet.

Anyone know how long the new Ziost and story stuff is? It kinda looks like alot more than just Oricon hub in size/scope

On the PTS, with the content that was there, it was about 2-3 hours. It was clearly missing some content like dailies and stuff, though. There was a whole area you could go to that had no quests in it, so I don't know if the actual launch of 3.2 will add more, or they're just reserving the area for future updates.

It would be pretty weird if they didn't add anything more to the area with 3.2, since it was as easy as taking a speeder to it.

On the PTS, with the content that was there, it was about 2-3 hours. It was clearly missing some content like dailies and stuff, though. There was a whole area you could go to that had no quests in it, so I don't know if the actual launch of 3.2 will add more, or they're just reserving the area for future updates.

It would be pretty weird if they didn't add anything more to the area with 3.2, since it was as easy as taking a speeder to it.

Odd, unless it's just blank useless space like the Manaan stuff where folks expected them to add more content and all the pointless space wasted in that.

Odd, unless it's just blank useless space like the Manaan stuff where folks expected them to add more content and all the pointless space wasted in that.
They did say during the stream that it would be used after the patch has been out for a while.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm considering subbing for a month or two once the 12x XP hits, but I'm trying to figure out what the cheapest way to do that is. If I buy one of those SWTOR Origin keys online, would I be able to apply that to my account to get the free 30 days that comes with it? Or is the free 30 days only available if you're starting a new account?

Dead

well not really...yet
I bought a two month sub as I was getting back into the game, and just found out they are adding Togrutas as a playable race. Oh mah gawd.

I'm considering subbing for a month or two once the 12x XP hits, but I'm trying to figure out what the cheapest way to do that is. If I buy one of those SWTOR Origin keys online, would I be able to apply that to my account to get the free 30 days that comes with it? Or is the free 30 days only available if you're starting a new account?
It should work but I don't know for sure.

Cystm

Rz4PXe2.jpg

Double XP is over. Time to start having fun playing the game again.

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/gyscb

Shiny pink Normandy mount for people

Also it comes with a free dye or xp boost that is bound which is enraging the people on the official forums because they can't sell it

I've been deleting and remaking characters in an attempt to get that damned Mandalore statue. I've made and deleted probably 50 characters and still haven't got it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What do these codes actually get you, btw?

Cystm

So they were handing out bracelets with #FallenEmpire written on them as well as a date of 6/15/15.

Interesting.

Oh nice a Grievous cycle.

For those who want to watch the cantina stream it looks like it will be shown on the ESL channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/esl?sf37679238=1

This is the cantina speeder people are getting for attending:

swtor-prinawe-congregate-speeder.jpg

Cool thing is everyone can get it as long as the people who went share the links. Then the people who get the links also get links themselves. It's like a virus!

That.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I would imagine it is account wide.

Yes, it's every character. You get the speeder and a random second item. I opened it on 3 characters and got 2 dyes and a pet droid.

Thinking of playing again when 3.1 hits, last time I played was about a year ago or less. Do subs get a reduced price on the expansion? Curious before I buy it or anything like that.

Moff

Thinking of playing again when 3.1 hits, last time I played was about a year ago or less. Do subs get a reduced price on the expansion? Curious before I buy it or anything like that.

not this time, no.
but maybe they will do something with 3.1. rise of the hutt cartel was free, too, at some point for subscribers.

Damn that's terrible. I'll probably dig in when the patch hits regardless. Logged in and the load times seem shorter than I remember and game seems to run smoother. I have so many characters not sure which one I'll get to 60 first (50+ Sentinel, Shadow and BH lol), and I'm already playing around with the idea of capping my Warrior and making a Sage or Inquisitor. Shadows still as good as ever I'm assuming, kind of leaning toward my Sentinel because I like combat's playstyle. Then again I have a 36 powertech floating around and I always liked flame throwers.

StudioTan

There is a bundle available on Amazon and has been for a while with the Expansion, 60 days Prepaid Time and 2400 Cartel Coins. Link

That's basically the same deal, nice to see it still available.

Top Bottom