• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

dekjo

Let me know when you're on and I'll get on to invite you.

If you doling out invites, I'd like one as well. Did my imperial agent through lvl 50 and jedi knight to almost lvl 50 all solo, but starting a smuggler class character for this rumored 12x period and figure I'd start explore flash points, group quests, and what not.

Do you just need character names? If so, my smuggler's name is Antynnar.

KePoW

Banned
If you doling out invites, I'd like one as well. Did my imperial agent through lvl 50 and jedi knight to almost lvl 50 all solo, but starting a smuggler class character for this rumored 12x period

I wonder when it's going to be confirmed or dispelled if it's really 12x XP

I need to know!!

dekjo

Reading the May the Fourth page, it sounds like the Epic XP boost is a new item to acquire, I assume through the cartel market, and that it'd give experience boost similar to the 12x (along with improved fast travel options). It doesn't read like it'll be just a blanket 12x for everyone.

Kadin

Reading the May the Fourth page, it sounds like the Epic XP boost is a new item to acquire, I assume through the cartel market, and that it'd give experience boost similar to the 12x (along with improved fast travel options). It doesn't read like it'll be just a blanket 12x for everyone.
The item you're referring to is to disable 12xp. All subs get it (for class missions only) from May 4th until sometime in the fall.

Heysoos

If you doling out invites, I'd like one as well. Did my imperial agent through lvl 50 and jedi knight to almost lvl 50 all solo, but starting a smuggler class character for this rumored 12x period and figure I'd start explore flash points, group quests, and what not.

Do you just need character names? If so, my smuggler's name is Antynnar.

I'll get on in about 15 minutes.

Apologies, got a little busy and those 15 minutes quickly turned into an hour. Let me know when you'll be on.

dekjo

Totally fine, I'm on now, just on a different character. I'll switch back. Still just lvl 5 on first planet - not sure if you have to progress to a certain point to get guild invites. And on Beregen Colony server. Is that the right one?

Heysoos

Totally fine, I'm on now, just on a different character. I'll switch back. Still just lvl 5 on first planet - not sure if you have to progress to a certain point to get guild invites. And on Beregen Colony server. Is that the right one?

Ah, no. :( GAF guild is located on Jedi Covenant.

dekjo

Not that hard, but I think you only get one free server transfer. Then they cost.

Okay, good to know. If I transfer over, I'll shoot you a message. Thanks!

Edit: After reading about it, it looks easy enough, just will have to level to 10. I'd move all my characters over if there weren't fees. That's too bad.

KePoW

Banned
Okay, good to know. If I transfer over, I'll shoot you a message. Thanks!

Edit: After reading about it, it looks easy enough, just will have to level to 10. I'd move all my characters over if there weren't fees. That's too bad.

with the rumored 12x XP soon, you could make new Jedi Covenant characters

DrBo42

Man these in-game cutscenes have not aged well. Hope the content is good. Ziost is already live, yeah? Interesting at all?

dekjo

I'm at the point with my lvl 51 imperial agent on Ilum where I need to do the flash points to progress (I think?). This is my first MMO and I've only soloed so far, so most of the multiplier aspects of it are still new to me. Anything I should do before queueing up for the flash points? Is there particular gear I should have? Are there other flash points or questlines I should do first before trying the Battle of Ilum?

Milly79

I'm at the point with my lvl 51 imperial agent on Ilum where I need to do the flash points to progress (I think?). This is my first MMO and I've only soloed so far, so most of the multiplier aspects of it are still new to me. Anything I should do before queueing up for the flash points? Is there particular gear I should have? Are there other flash points or questlines I should do first before trying the Battle of Ilum?

You don't need to do either of those to progress the story really. I mean it is part of the original line, but you could've went to Makeb at 48 and blown through to 55.

Rizzi

I resubscribed for the first time in a very long time, and made a new Jedi.
... Why is my framerate going to hell in the tutorial zone?

Giolon

I resubscribed for the first time in a very long time, and made a new Jedi.
... Why is my framerate going to hell in the tutorial zone?

Check your shadow settings. They increased the maximum resolution for shadow maps, and in very tree heavy areas like Tython, it can do murder on your frame-rate, but it looks nice!

Rizzi

Check your shadow settings. They increased the maximum resolution for shadow maps, and in very tree heavy areas like Tython, it can do murder on your frame-rate, but it looks nice!

What was the old maximum resolution for shadow maps?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
What was the old maximum resolution for shadow maps?

They didn't have that setting back then as far as I can remember. Start with 512 and if you're framerate is good trying bringing it up a bit. I think I have mine at 2048, anything higher and my framerate plummeted on Yavin IV. Took me a while to figure out why I was getting such poor performance on that planet despite my 780ti.

Kadin

Pretty good deal on Amazon today for the SWTOR bundle.

$29.99 for all expansions, 2400CC and 60 days of subscription.

Apparently you don't get individual codes for this so be aware. I was going to buy it for the game time and CC's on my main account and then the expansions for a secondary account I activated a while back.

*US only*

Kadin

Yeah. I jumped on it either way because the CC's and game time just by themselves are cheaper this route easily. Wish I could have used the expansions for my other account but ah well, I don't really use it all that much anyways.

SRTtoZ

The 12x XP is so refreshing. It feels like a semi proper Bioware game without the MMO grind because I'm skipping every sidequest..

Pretty good deal on Amazon today for the SWTOR bundle.

$29.99 for all expansions, 2400CC and 60 days of subscription.

Apparently you don't get individual codes for this so be aware. I was going to buy it for the game time and CC's on my main account and then the expansions for a secondary account I activated a while back.

*US only*

Thanks for the link! I recently got my entire family (wife, son, and daughter) playing this with me, and was going to buy everyone the Revan expansion. This is such a good deal and I totally would have missed it.

The 12x XP is so refreshing. It feels like a semi proper Bioware game without the MMO grind because I'm skipping every sidequest..

The changes to quick travel and speeder transport, as well as the lowered comm cost on gear, makes it such a pleasant experience.

Get 12xp for every story mission

Still do every side quest

fuck me

You know, I still kind of like to take my time and let myself get immersed in the game. I actually have a character that I don't plan on rushing through, just because the grind doesn't particularly bother me.

Kadin

Thanks for the link! I recently got my entire family (wife, son, and daughter) playing this with me, and was going to buy everyone the Revan expansion. This is such a good deal and I totally would have missed it.
Glad to help and that's awesome that you have the family playing. Sounds like you guys have just a little bit of fun coming your way. :)

Get 12xp for every story mission

Still do every side quest

fuck me
Did that up until I turned in my first main class mission and quickly remembered. Felt like such an idiot.

Top Bottom