• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

heringer

Does the game gets better after the first planet? I'm a little disappointed with it (Jedi Knight campaign), but it's still early I suppose.

Cystm

Does the game gets better after the first planet? I'm a little disappointed with it (Jedi Knight campaign), but it's still early I suppose.

Chapter 2 gets a little better. Coruscant and Nar Shadaa are good. Taris is good if you were into the Original KotOR, and everything else is mostly good.

Try to skip through Quesh, Belsavis, Alderaan and Voss. Balmorra is mind numbing.

Dead

well not really...yet
Im focusing on one Imp/One Rep character atm, started all 4 classes for Imp and going ahead with Sith Warrior, for Rep, im not sure which to continue between Jedi Knight and Trooper. Playing Trooper as Dark Side is pretty hilarious though.

But im going HAM in my Sith Warrior character. Between the 2 months sub I bought, and the Revan bundle at Amazon, im good for 4 months of sub time. 12xp ftw.

Ocho

Did they make any engine optimizations? I came back after a couple of months away and Alderaan is running perfectly. Maybe I did something to my graphical settings.

Did they make any engine optimizations? I came back after a couple of months away and Alderaan is running perfectly. Maybe I did something to my graphical settings.

Since launch theres been several updates to the graphics engine that have it running better and looking better as well. The improved texture work little after launch and how well it ran, then later they did an update on the shadows and lighting. They then did another update on the general coloring of the game, making colors richer and certain effects brighter.

Looks like we're getting two weeks of Gree since conquest is fucked.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm close to max rep, and I really didn't want to get burnt out on it hitting it hard for a week.

Kadin

Looks like we're getting two weeks of Gree since conquest is fucked.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm close to max rep, and I really didn't want to get burnt out on it hitting it hard for a week.
Yeah this was a nice thing to see since they messed things up with Conquest. Still hard to pull myself away from leveling the alts I've been slacking on but I should be able to finally lock in Legend with Gree now. Been sitting at Champion for way too long and always seem to miss when it comes back.

Leveling a new Trooper.

screenshot_2015-05-12q7li4.jpg

Figured I'd give him the full Cyborg treatment.

Dead

well not really...yet
Imagine it before 12x XP :p

It's a beautiful planet but it's huge.
I have 12xp deactivated lol. Didn't want to get too over leveled and wanted to do the planet story.

Just finished it. Story (class and planet) was super satisfying as Sith Warrior. My character is so conniving I love it. The plot I've put together is brilliant mwuahahah.

Expansion story was pretty fun, feel like it will wear off quickly on alts.

So for my shadow I was looking to do tanking for pve, but offense for pvp (fooling around in unranked warzone), which one is better right now, infiltration or serenity? I'm playing around with inflitration, I remember how awful it is until you get a lot of surge, and then how rng it is with getting breaching shadow and project crits off force potentecy. Is serenity any better?

Heysoos

Expansion story was pretty fun, feel like it will wear off quickly on alts.

So for my shadow I was looking to do tanking for pve, but offense for pvp (fooling around in unranked warzone), which one is better right now, infiltration or serenity? I'm playing around with inflitration, I remember how awful it is until you get a lot of surge, and then how rng it is with getting breaching shadow and project crits off force potentecy. Is serenity any better?

Serenity got slightly nerfed, especially in the range and self heals department. It's still an extremely good cleave spec in the right hands. Infiltration is pretty solid atm, can be kited by extremely good players, but it's still extremely solid if you take time to learn it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watching season 1 of Star Wars Rebels is making me want to play this again, I had a couple of lvl 50s back in the day and a handful of 40s, did they ever change the leveling xp needed? like can one focus more on story stuff these days?

watching season 1 of Star Wars Rebels is making me want to play this again, I had a couple of lvl 50s back in the day and a handful of 40s, did they ever change the leveling xp needed? like can one focus more on story stuff these days?

Currently there's 12x for class missions until fall.

Kadin

is that for everyone or just subscribers? doesnt feel any faster than I remember back in the day >_>
It's only for subs. And it's incredibly fast compared to how it was before. The ability to simply go from one class quest to the next and stay on level (or over if you use XP boosts and are in a 10% XP guild) is very nice. You'll get adequate basic comms as well but you'll need a gear set to use the mods which I imagine you should have. Or you can use the free legacy gear you get in the mail and then use a different outfit with the new outfit system.

Either way, now is a good time to come back to experience just the story - if your'e willing to sub.

SRTtoZ

So whats the easiest tank to pick up and play on the Republic side? I went Commando for the heals but I'm just not feeling it as I do not like the resource management mechanic. Ive tanked in many MMO's including WoW so I'm looking for something on the easier side so I can get used to it.

SRTtoZ

If you wanna get a sub, buy this:

Old Republic Bundle

All Expansions, 2 months Sub, 2400 Cartel Coins

$40. That stuff put together normally costs about $65

Wow thanks for this, bought. I already own the 55 expansion but for what you're getting its more than worth it. Now I have 9k coins...hmm, what to buy, what to buy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you wanna get a sub, buy this:

Old Republic Bundle

All Expansions, 2 months Sub, 2400 Cartel Coins

$40. That stuff put together normally costs about $65

meh US only

leveled my Bounty Hunter -> Merc Healer to lvl 12, the questing experience with all the dialogue and whatnot is still excelent, its a shame its bogged down with so much "fetch sidequests".

Shocking part of the afternoon was a level 60 healer merc explaining all the changes that happened to the class, showing me player housing and culminating with gifting me speeder training and a lizard mount (!!!), that was... like I said, shocking display of niceness

Maybe its because my rattataki is a female :p

meh US only

leveled my Bounty Hunter -> Merc Healer to lvl 12, the questing experience with all the dialogue and whatnot is still excelent, its a shame its bogged down with so much "fetch sidequests".

Shocking part of the afternoon was a level 60 healer merc explaining all the changes that happened to the class, showing me player housing and culminating and gifting me speeder training and a lizard mount (!!!), that was... like I said, shocking display of niceness

Maybe its because my rattataki is a female :p
That's nice of them. Only time I had something like that happen to me was back during Star Wars Galaxies in 2003.

Rhaknar

also as a merc, you cant shoot people to heal them anymore, and thats a goddamn tragedy :(

aparently republic troopers still have the TF2 style beam, so double sucks

edit: is there a Gaf guild, and if so, is it republic or empire? if I play this for realsies again, wouldnt mind having a guild and im still early enough to switch to republic if needed. and is EU / US different servers? I assume so

SRTtoZ

also as a merc, you cant shoot people to heal them anymore, and thats a goddamn tragedy :(

edit: is there a Gaf guild, and if so, is it republic or empire? if I play this for realsies again, wouldnt mind having a guild and im still early enough to switch to republic if needed. and is EU / US different servers? I assume so

Yea it used to be hammer shot would heal but now we get a specific skill called med shot that does it.

Heysoos

Yes, the GAF guild is Republic side on Jedi Covenant (US East Coast server).

Rhaknar

Does anyone know if those amazon US codes from the $40 promo will work on any account (aka a EU account)? If so I would ask a friend to buy me the bundle

Edit: Wait, if you buy the Revan expansion you also get the Hutt one? That would explain why I couldn't find the hutt one for sale earlier.

Heysoos

Does anyone know if those amazon US codes from the $40 promo will work on any account (aka a EU account)? If so I would ask a friend to buy me the bundle

Edit: Wait, if you buy the Revan expansion you also get the Hutt one? That would explain why I couldn't find the hutt one for sale earlier.

I think the Hutt one is free to anyone that subscribes now. So, buying a subscription is basically buying that expansion now.

Rhaknar

what is that character referal thing? I'm reading you get 7 days playtime and a character server transfer? I actually have a 50 trooper that I would love to transfer to the gaf server if someone had a referal, if that's even a thing (still)

Most of my info is coming from google-fu

Rhaknar

Here's a referral code. If you sub I get goodies! :3

http://www.swtor.com/r/BHqcbN

Also, if you sub, you get some neat stuff. Namely an inventory expansion for all characters you make.

Should have PMed, I can't use for another 3 house or so when I get home from work lol.

If that let me transfer my trooper to the gaf server it would be awesome as I wanted to play a BH merc which is the same anyway. I'm a huge fan of swtor healers.

Lots of people can use it. In fact, I would like it very much if they did. lol

I guess currently character transfer is down, and it seems to be annoying a lot of people. Though, you'll basically have a transfer token tied to your account, so whenever it does go back up, you'll still be able to transfer freely.

Rhaknar

Lots of people can use it. In fact, I would like it very much if they did. lol

I guess currently character transfer is down, and it seems to be annoying a lot of people. Though, you'll basically have a transfer token tied to your account, so whenever it does go back up, you'll still be able to transfer freely.

Ah that's a shame :(

edit: code worked, thanks. and yeah transfer is down. oh well ill just make a new tropper, who knows when it will be up, should be fast with the 12x

Thanks much for using my code. Don't think the gaf guild is on my server, or else I'd send you some credits, but if you want tips or anything shoot me a PM on here. I like to exchange at least something for the use of my code!

Patryn

Does anyone know how early you can use the transport to the Republic Fleet on Tython? I just started a new Consular because I really like that class, and I want to deactivate the 12x, but when I immediately went to the Jedi Temple, it told me that the shuttle was unavailable to me.

I know that my Sith Warrior was able to use the shuttle before finishing Korriban's quests.

Is it a level thing or do I have to finish some class missions?

I kind of don't understand why they don't have a White Acute Module seller on the starter planets.

Heysoos

Does anyone know how early you can use the transport to the Republic Fleet on Tython? I just started a new Consular because I really like that class, and I want to deactivate the 12x, but when I immediately went to the Jedi Temple, it told me that the shuttle was unavailable to me.

I know that my Sith Warrior was able to use the shuttle before finishing Korriban's quests.

I kind of don't understand why they don't have a White Acute Module seller on the seller planets.

I think they posted the they would fix this with the next patch.

Rhaknar

got that amazon bundle, worked on my euro account perfectly. welp

who do I whisper for a guild invite :p

Kadin

I kind of don't understand why they don't have a White Acute Module seller on the starter planets.
You can get to fleet at level 7. You could try doing just side quests to get there and then come back and do your main class missions.

Rhaknar

I'll send you an invite in like an hour or so. Just post your name.

right now im on a tropper called Vaxxys, might make a smuggler soon, but that'll do for now

this xp buff is legit, im literally just doing the story quest and im already lvl 10 and didnt finish the starting zone yet

edit: on my smuggler Juna'Lynn now btw, trying to decide what healer to level

Heysoos

right now im on a tropper called Vaxxys, might make a smuggler soon, but that'll do for now

this xp buff is legit, im literally just doing the story quest and im already lvl 10 and didnt finish the starting zone yet

edit: on my smuggler Juna'Lynn now btw, trying to decide what healer to level

Sorry I'll be on in a bit taking a bit longer than I was expecting

Dead

well not really...yet
Cool. Given that I'm just starting Act 3 with my Trooper, and half-heartedly starting a Sith Warrior, maybe I'll put the Consular to the side until that patch comes out.
Sith Warrior story is awesome. You'll feel like a diabolical mastermind by the end of chapter 1.

Top Bottom