• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

3.2 patch notes are up for those who want them.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

I will miss my 110% Kurtob Alliance speeder. Really came in handy for alt characters.

I was sure that there was a developer response saying that they would ensure it wouldn't become adaptive. I would link said post but i am sure it was in PTS forums which was wiped.

Also i can't find the Kurtob on this most up to date list? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8160293#edit8160293

Patch Notes said:
Companion Gifts and related subcategories has been added as a searchable category on the Galactic Trade Network.

Well that only took them 3 and a bit years. I hope they added type subcategories, luxury, weapon etc...

Just went through the entire list of changes. This is a big patch - one of the biggest non-expansion patches i believe since Oricon patch.

- Outfit Designer is a big plus from me.I normally get an adpative outfit and stick with it the entire game because of the costs associated with moving mods all time. Finally i can do it for free as often as i want with a limited initial cost.

- Some of the QoL travel improvements are massive while others are just ok. Cooldown timer removals on the majority of Legacy Perk Destinations were sorley needed to make them attractive option to buy and the QT cooldown to 0 with legacy perks is welcome.

- Good to hear about the leveling modification vendors getting some love- they sorely needed it for some classes missing many modifications on some vendors.

Also getting a new story centered planet and all the other little fixes are welcome.

Kadin

3.2 patch notes are up for those who want them.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

I will miss my 110% Kurtob Alliance speeder. Really came in handy for alt characters.
Honestly I hated riding around in mine. Yeah it's faster until you get piloting 3 unlocked but man is that thing ugly. So many other mounts I like seeing more and now I have no reason to avoid them.

With all that said, it's still a pretty lame change since the whole purpose behind it for so long was why it was unique. Now it's just like all the rest. Ah well, I got plenty of use out of it over the years.

edit: just saw your follow up post after I read the list like 3 times and saw it's not there.

Guess I'm not a fan of the travel changes, it just promotes less players running around in the world, makes it feel more barren when everyone is just teleporting everywhere. Not like the game world was packed with players with how big some planets are, but this just promotes even less player visibility.

KePoW

Banned
I just received an email from Bioware for 3.2

It talks about accelerated Story XP, but I'm not clear if this is the 12x ??

does anyone know for sure

Heh... Friend list still don't work completely. Shouldn't be surprised. :p

I can log in right now if you like, or tomorrow afternoon ish. Just post and let me know.

I'll be on this evening. The character's name is Cennatra.

I was sure that there was a developer response saying that they would ensure it wouldn't become adaptive. I would link said post but i am sure it was in PTS forums which was wiped.

Also i can't find the Kurtob on this most up to date list? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8160293#edit8160293

Ah then they removed it. Haven't seen the latest list since they put up the first one.

So wait, it will still be 110% speed?

Does the new SW movies have any impact on SWTOR?

I wonder if the film are giving some vigor to the game and if they are going to try to do something with it. I am still unsure if it Disney intends to burn the expanded universe including the Old Republic Saga and all!

I wonder if the film are giving some vigor to the game and if they are going to try to do something with it. I am still unsure if it Disney intends to burn the expanded universe including the Old Republic Saga and all!

The EU already was rebooted. Swtor is part of the old continuity, so likely no connection to the new movies.

The Lucasfilm Story Group was asked about it during their panel at Star Wars Celebration. They don't have any plans for the Old Republic era but it's not out of the question. SWTOR will forever be its own separate thing and they're fine with that because it's way out of their own timeline.

Syf

Banned
I would expect the game to have some renewed popularity though, given that it's the only Star Wars MMO around (aside from the fan Galaxies projects).

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I would expect the game to have some renewed popularity though, given that it's the only Star Wars MMO around (aside from the fan Galaxies projects).

I agree, it's clear they have plans for the end of the year anticipating renewed interest in SW. A couple of quotes from the lead designer's letter today hint at that:

I can’t tell you how excited I am for this update. It really marks the start of some big things coming for Star Wars: The Old Republic this year.
I hope you enjoy your adventures on Ziost. I assure you, this is only the beginning. The stage is being set for what is going to be an incredible journey.

Syf

Banned
That's great to hear. I am loving this update for leveling. The faster travel and increased comm rewards + cheaper mods makes it that much better. One of the best updates they've released, imo.

I've kinda been enjoying the 60HMs recently. It's sorta a shame that I waited so long to give them an actual try, because they really aren't so bad. Except Blood Hunt. Though that might be more manageable now that it was nerfed.

Gothos

I'm gonna check out the game after about 2 year hiatus. Downloading client (that launcher, ugh!). Is there a GAF guild on EU servers? If so, it's Republic or Imperial?

Heysoos

I'm gonna check out the game after about 2 year hiatus. Downloading client (that launcher, ugh!). Is there a GAF guild on EU servers? If so, it's Republic or Imperial?

Nope, no EU GAF guild. :( There are some EU players though, maybe they can hook you up with a guild.

Gothos

Well, not much choces anyway in terms of servers, lol, only one for PvP, PvE and RP :) Decided to roll Trooper - last time I was playing Bounty Hunter - hopefuly his story is okay :)

Jobias

I've fallen for the trailer hype. Never realized how badly I wanted to hear the hum of lightsabers again. I've been trying to catch someone in the officer's list in the OP online so I could get a guild invite but I don't seem to be having much luck. Could an officer throw me an invite when they get a chance? My character name is Indisee.

Heysoos

I've fallen for the trailer hype. Never realized how badly I wanted to hear the hum of lightsabers again. I've been trying to catch someone in the officer's list in the OP online so I could get a guild invite but I don't seem to be having much luck. Could an officer throw me an invite when they get a chance? My character name is Indisee.

I'll send you an invite in around 15 to 20 minutes.

Oh lord, Blood Hunt HM is SO much easier. One-shot'd it with a PUG. Though the healer was pretty glorious, so that might've had something to do with it.

When I got in I was thinking "Oh god, he's only got 186 comm gear", but he put up better heals than most people I've seen in raid gear.

Top Bottom