• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Rizzi

Yeesh. The framerate is really killing my enthusiasm to play. I swear it ran better the last time I was subscribed.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
If you had bought the game, your account will have automatically been upgraded to "preferred", and throughout the game's life they've given out random free pets and mounts to account holders, but other than that, you wouldn't be missing out on much.

I got it removed. Gotta have dem free mounts and pets.

How active is GAF Empire?

heringer

They have not specified other than "Sometime in the fall."

I've read it will last until end of Fall.

Maybe that's the best time to join the game if you only want it to play as a single player KOTOR? Being realistic, how long should a campaign last with this boost? I tried to get into Old Republic a couple of months ago but people were claiming the grinding was massive and it should take over 80 hours to complete a single story, so that scared me off the game...

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I've read it will last until end of Fall.

Maybe that's the best time to join the game if you only want it to play as a single player KOTOR? Being realistic, how long should a campaign last with this boost? I tried to get into Old Republic a couple of months ago but people were claiming the grinding was massive and it should take over 80 hours to complete a single story, so that scared me off the game...

Each class story is probably about 15-20 hours of play time. Then if you get the expansions they are about 5-10 hours each I think?

heringer

Each class story is probably about 15-20 hours of play time. Then if you get the expansions they are about 5-10 hours each I think?

Wow, that's awesome! I'm only interested in Jedi Knight and Inquisitor, so 15~20 each is not too bad (it's ideal actually). :)

Will subscribe later this month.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Wow, that's awesome! I'm only interested in Jedi Knight and Inquisitor, so 15~20 each is not too bad (it's ideal actually). :)

Keep in mind you'll have to spend some time gearing yourself and stuff so you'll probably end up spending more time than that to get to the end but it still won't be approaching anywhere near 80 hours.

There's a lot of stuff to do in a MMO though that aren't related to regular leveling and story.

Dead

well not really...yet
Since getting back into the game ive been playing as

Jedi Knight (lv 24)
Imperial Agent (lv 19)
Sith Inquisitor (Lv 13)

and just started Sith Warrior which I'm digging

I originally did a Bounty Hunter at release,

What other class stories are worth doing besides these? I heard Jedi Consular and Trooper are Bantha Poodoo, but I kind of want to try Trooper

Jedi Knight (lv 24)
Imperial Agent (lv 19)
Sith Inquisitor (Lv 13)

What other class stories are worth doing besides these? I heard Jedi Consular and Trooper are Bantha Poodoo, but I kind of want to try Trooper
Trooper has a good first act. The second and third acts are a bit eh.

Also while buying some modifications on the fleet for my gear, I saw that they now have full custom sets for each class on the Level 7 equipment vendor. That's nice.

StudioTan

Jedi Knight (lv 24)
Imperial Agent (lv 19)
Sith Inquisitor (Lv 13)

Smuggler is really underrated. It has some of the funniest moment and dialogue.

Jedi Knight (lv 24)
Imperial Agent (lv 19)
Sith Inquisitor (Lv 13)

Light side Sith warrior is probably my favorite. I always get a kick out of seeing characters floored by my mercy. Also, dark side annoys me because your character can't go a conversation without talking about bathing in blood. Gets old real fast.

Jumped on the Amazon deal yesterday, just played for the first time since around May of 2012... the game has changed a lot... I only have a level 12 right now, but I am excited to see more.

redsail

Banned

Jedi Knight is a very good class story

I don't recall Inquisitor... if that's the "mage" one it's not too great lol

heringer

Is the 12x bonus already working? The EXP I'm getting doesn't seem different from when I was playing f2p. I got around 3.000 XP and reached level 4 when I reached the jedi temple and talked with the jedi master. Does that sound about right?

StudioTan

Is the 12x bonus already working? The EXP I'm getting doesn't seem different from when I was playing f2p. I got around 3.000 XP and reached level 4 when I reached the jedi temple and talked with the jedi master. Does that sound about right?

Hover your mouse over your XP bar, it'll tell you if you have the boost.

heringer

Hover your mouse over your XP bar, it'll tell you if you have the boost.

Thanks!

I just did a side mission and couldn't get the rewards because I didn't have space in my inventory. I bought more slots but the Twilek won't give me the rewards anymore. Any way to get them?

StudioTan

Thanks!

I just did a side mission and couldn't get the rewards because I didn't have space in my inventory. I bought more slots but the Twilek won't give me the rewards anymore. Any way to get them?

You should have a thing that says 1 Pending on the top right of your screen.

Kadin

Well they're working on removing credit sellers. This looks like a nice start.

Last week, we took action against an entire selling ring. Over multiple weeks, we investigated and compiled evidence about a large Credit selling ring which spanned across hundreds of accounts and a variety of servers. To help thwart any possible reactions from this group, we simultaneously actioned every account in this Credit selling ring. In total, we banned hundreds of accounts and removed over nine billion credits from those accounts.

StudioTan

The game is not a looker. Will probably never be because of the engine.

I wish they would fix the anti-aliasing for the game.

With downsampling I think some parts can look quite good for an MMO and the style.

screenshot_2015-05-04g9oio.jpg

StudioTan

Any way to downsample without the HUD going ridiculously tiny?

You can adjust the HUD size, some stuff like mail text is still kinda small but not too bad.

Kadin

I've usually avoided the official forums because it's so toxic over there but what happened yesterday takes it to a whole new level. I really hope they make an attempt to clean them up going forward. The thing they have to realize is that they've allowed the forums to be toxic for way too long. I can't count how many posts I've reported in the past that never had an action taken to remove them.

I'm not in any way saying what happened yesterday is in any way acceptable or their fault, but they need to work a LOT harder at not allowing the forums to continuously run as poorly as they have been. They have to moderate them a lot better - and faster. The community there continues to push it further and further because quite frankly, they can get away with it.

I know what happened yesterday extended beyond the forums but cleaning them up is job 1 I think.

Heysoos

What's the issue? Why are they upset?

Because Bioware continuously keeps stumbling over what they want to do with Sentinel and their specs have been a mess for a while now. Players have been constantly telling Bioware's combat team the issues, and even pointed out all the flaws the spec has during the PTS. Bioware constantly ignored feedback and made changes that weren't needed to the specs. It all boiled over when after months of constantly ignoring the (sent/mara) player's concerns, he (the combat lead) basically tells them to L2P in a condensing way.

When the player base is showing you numbers and real (Ops and actual gameplay) data, and you tell them to L2P, it's never going to end well.

dekjo

Because Bioware continuously keeps stumbling over what they want to do with Sentinel and their specs have been a mess for a while now. Players have been constantly telling Bioware's combat team the issues, and even pointed out all the flaws the spec has during the PTS. Bioware constantly ignored feedback and made changes that weren't needed to the specs. It all boiled over when after months of constantly ignoring the (sent/mara) player's concerns, he (the combat lead) basically tells them to L2P in a condensing way.

When the player base is showing you numbers and real (Ops and actual gameplay) data, and you tell them to L2P, it's never going to end well.

That's all Greek to me and sounds like it's much deeper than I'll ever go with the game, so...I'll see myself out.

Top Bottom