• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
With Star Wars hype with the upcoming movies, have active players found more people coming back to game in terms of server population?

Are there really active servers at all anymore, or just ghost planets for the majority?

It seems to be some myth that the game died or something. The population has been healthy since it went F2P, always lots of people around. The only servers I hear about having low pops are the PVP ones. Most of the planets have multiple instances on my server, Shadowlands.

IMO, by leaps and bounds, the worst story in the game. And it's made that much worse by having to constantly run back to Coruscant. Smuggler story is pretty bad, but not as bad as trooper. Consular story is pretty decent, especially as female since her voice is the sexiest in the game.

Yeah I really love all the sith stories way more than the republic. My enjoyment rankings: IA > SW >>> Inq = BH > JK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trooper. Still gotta beat consular, and I think I'll just pass on Smuggler. Imperial agent was one of the best video game stories I've played in a long time, props to whoever wrote that. Every class quest was awesome and the intrigue/decisions were great.

I guess I'm in the minority but I really liked the Smuggler story. I mean, the story itself wasn't the best but it had some great dialogue throughout, a lot of great lines.

I just finished the Inquisitor story tonight and I liked it a lot. I'd heard it was hard to play light side with it but I didn't really have any issue doing that, although I chose dark side when I thought it suited my character.

mileS

any decent guilds on either side of Shadowlands? Long time MMO player here coming back after a big break. Really enjoying the game again. Playing both sides evenly right now but I may be leaning Imp side more in the future.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I Just had a bug rob me of 200 cartel coins, and I have no recourse as I'm not a subscriber. Pretty bummed about it.

I finally equipped the Tythonian Force Master Lightsaber I've had forever on one of my characters. I logged on another to pay 200cc to grab a copy, but I never got the item. The 200 coins were deducted, it shows a 200cc in-game purchase deduction on my account page, but the saber was never dropped into my inventory or mail, and it's not in the unclaimed section of the store interface. And I can't submit a ticket or open a forum topic about it since I'm not currently subbed.

It's sort of entirely sapped the desire I had to get back into the game.

Wallach

I Just had a bug rob me of 200 cartel coins, and I have no recourse as I'm not a subscriber. Pretty bummed about it.

I finally equipped the Tythonian Force Master Lightsaber I've had forever on one of my characters. I logged on another to pay 200cc to grab a copy, but I never got the item. The 200 coins were deducted, it shows a 200cc in-game purchase deduction on my account page, but the saber was never dropped into my inventory or mail, and it's not in the unclaimed section of the store interface. And I can't submit a ticket or open a forum topic about it since I'm not currently subbed.

I'm pretty sure when you do a collections unlock nowadays, it just unlocks the small button there underneath the icon in the collections menu which you have to click. You can claim copies of it as many times as you want.

Mordeccai

Does this game have proper looking Jedi armor yet? Like from the movies or Kotor 2 robes?

Here's a link that shows the sets available in every cartel pack. (Start at the bottom and work you way up, IMO) Most of them you can buy on the GTN for cheap. Sometimes they release some pretty cool looking jedi sets but you'll have to sift through a lot of fairly lame ones as well.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/04/swtor-cartel-market-pack-list/

edit: I like kreia's robes and the fortified defender set from the constable's stronghold pack

Syf

Banned
New poster brought back my Star Wars fever, finally installing the game again. Just in time for the swoop mount so that's nice.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm pretty sure when you do a collections unlock nowadays, it just unlocks the small button there underneath the icon in the collections menu which you have to click. You can claim copies of it as many times as you want.

Nope, it still wants me to pay 200cc to unlock it on that char.

Kadin

Not sure why you looked in the store but it wouldn't be there. If you unlocked the item in Collections on a different character and it's not showing unlocked, you'll need to contact support. You can call them at the numbers on the page below.

http://www.swtor.com/support

I will add that the servers are having some screwy issues today as they've been having ISP problems. It could just be lagged out right now. My CC balance has fluctuated between correct and zero. I wouldn't rush to the assumption that you lost and can't get it fixed quite yet.

Syf

Banned
Damn they really did optimize the game. Running significantly smoother and loading faster than it did last time I played.

Anoregon

Not sure why you looked in the store but it wouldn't be there. If you unlocked the item in Collections on a different character and it's not showing unlocked, you'll need to contact support. You can call them at the numbers on the page below.

http://www.swtor.com/support

I will add that the servers are having some screwy issues today as they've been having ISP problems. It could just be lagged out right now. My CC balance has fluctuated between correct and zero. I wouldn't rush to the assumption that you lost and can't get it fixed quite yet.

Hey, I just wanted to pipe in and say that it may have just been lag issues. I hopped back on just now and was able to make a copy from collection without seeing the 200cc prompt.

Thanks for the advice/info folks

mileS

I honestly may just level another agent again. Go ops instead of sniper this time. It's been long enough now where i forget most of the story, I certainly remember enjoying it quite a bit though.

How is operative? Much of a different playstyle compared to sniper? Are they good for just dps?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
How is operative? Much of a different playstyle compared to sniper? Are they good for just dps?

You can heal as well. The concealment spec is melee/stealth, so very different from sniper. I loved playing operative (in pvp especially), and the story is great.

What exactly happens when 4.0 hits to all the old expansion story/dungeon/raid content? I'd like to be able to experience all the story, and at least run through all of the important instanced content before moving on to KOTFE. I'm afraid that also seems like a bit of a daunting task.

I'm only level 24 atm, but I do want to see all the Hutt Cartel and Revan stuff (particularly Revan).

What exactly happens when 4.0 hits to all the old expansion story/dungeon/raid content? I'd like to be able to experience all the story, and at least run through all of the important instanced content before moving on to KOTFE. I'm afraid that also seems like a bit of a daunting task.

I'm only level 24 atm, but I do want to see all the Hutt Cartel and Revan stuff (particularly Revan).
All of that stuff will still be available once 4.0 goes live. Here's a reddit post that covers everything you need to know about what 4.0 will bring.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3omn29/community_post_knights_of_the_fallen_empire_and/

Moff

damn I didn't know about the legendary Icon, I would gladly have completed the 3 remaining classes with the 12x Bonus for that.

mileS

My launcher is getting stuck at initializing for a bit then It says a random error, can't patch. Been like that since last night. What can I do?

Anoregon

The fact that all flashpoints have level-synced tactical versions in 4.0 is pretty baller. Leveling will be way easier anyway due to the quest changes, but that is definitely some delicious icing on the cake.

Also, regarding this bit from the reddit post:

Gear is given separately to each player in a Flashpoint and is appropriate for their level. Aesthetic and crafting items will still be rolled for.

Is there more information on how that works? Is that loot still subject to the 3 rolls a week thing that non-subs have, or is it exempt since it isn't actually a "roll"?

mileS

My launcher is getting stuck at initializing for a bit then It says a random error, can't patch. Been like that since last night. What can I do?

Think I solved this by turning the bitwhatever program to false in the launcher settings file.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Think I solved this by turning the bitwhatever program to false in the launcher settings file.

There's another way to get rid of Bitraider that is more of a permanent solution, but it will require re-downloading the entire client. Well worth it though to avoid these problems in the future. See below:

Yup, I used this guide and am really happy with the results. The only thing I would add to your link is the following:

To follow-up:

GET BITRAIDER OFF YOUR SYSTEM

Go to:
C:\Users\Public\Documents
Delete the Bitraider folder
Uninstall Bitraider via the normal means

That one folder contains the files that makes Bitraider think it's still in use by SWTOR, and prevents the un-installation.

You do have to deal with the launcher re-downloading the entire damn game, which is annoying, but worth the hassle I think.

Moff

holy shit, the whisper function in the guild menu, only took them 4 years.
didn't know there was a new flashpoint after all, glad to read that

do we already know how long the 9 chapters take?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So will the current highest level augment kits still be the max level augment kits come tomorrow? Or should I hold off on buying a bunch of kits because a new tier is being introduced?

So will the current highest level augment kits still be the max level augment kits come tomorrow? Or should I hold off on buying a bunch of kits because a new tier is being introduced?

MK-10 and MK-9 will become MK-8 with MK-8 being the new highest kit. I assume there will be new augments though above 36s.

Mordeccai

Phew, glad I leveled at least one toon up to 55 with the XP boost. Started in earnest Friday morning, and except for eight hours of working on Friday pretty much grinded the entire Inquisitor story line out over the weekend. 23 hours played in total to reach lvl 55, not too bad (but god, it was nice to go outside today). I literally did all of Makeb's story missions this AM from 11:00 - 1:30PM. That was pretty damn nice. With 25% xp boosts from the market I had banked up I was getting a whole level per story mission :lol

Wish I had re-subbed two weeks ago, would have given me time to level up a Knight as well. Oh well, this leaves me with an old lvl 55 smuggler from years ago that I can play with and an Inquisitor. I also have some mid level toons that I might drag through the story.

There's so much new stuff since I left during Hutt Cartel. I haven't even touched Galactic Starfighter or Strongholds yet, nor any of the Revan stuff. I do have a bunch of stronghold decor from a hypercrate I picked up though, so I'm looking forward to pimping out my pad.

lol, just for curiosity sake I checked my playtime on my Smuggler before patch maintenance. 13 days played, holy shit.

Repo Man

So how does this work now if I'm a subscriber ? I get access to Hutt Cartel for free right ? but whatabout Shadows of Revan or this new expansion that is launching on the 27th ? Is the new expansion a free one to subscribers or do I have to pay for it and how much ?

Sorry, a lot of this is a bit overwhelming. I only resubbed last night due to having a Star Wars itch and I wanted an mmo that isn't WoW.

Also I got just over 2500 cartel coins, any ideas / suggestions what to spend em on ? My highest character is currently a level 49 Jedi Consular/sage whatever

So how does this work now if I'm a subscriber ? I get access to Hutt Cartel for free right ? but whatabout Shadows of Revan or this new expansion that is launching on the 27th ? Is the new expansion a free one to subscribers or do I have to pay for it and how much ?
Knights of the Fallen Empire is a free expansion for subscribers. Currently Rise of the Hutt Cartel is free for subcribers. Once Fallen Empire launches then Shadows of Revan will become free to subscribers as well.

Repo Man

Knights of the Fallen Empire is a free expansion for subscribers. Currently Rise of the Hutt Cartel is free for subcribers. Once Fallen Empire launches then Shadows of Revan will become free to subscribers as well.

Cool cheers! Thats actually pretty good bang for the buck, basically 3 free expansions and base game for the price of a subscription. Think I'm gonna be devoting my mmo time to this for the time being.

Hixx

So my game seemed to have fully patched but I can't log on to any of my characters (despite playing on them fine last night) because the world they are on isn't downloaded.

What the fuck?

edit: rebooting my PC fixed it. Weird bug.

Anoregon

Servers are already up? That's kind of surprising.

mileS

I'm curious if the level 60 character boost will unlock the legacy class buff. In the Legacy menu it says you need to finish chapter 2 but the boost makes you skip all that content.

Still don't know what to boost but considering I only have 2 of the 4 class buffs unlocked it would be amazing to unlock a 3rd for free right away!

Anoregon

So, the changes to levelling are already in? SWEET!

The changes to everything are in today, you just can't access the new 55+ story stuff yet unless you have early access.

Top Bottom