• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Alur

If anyone wanted to gain social points quickly for whatever reason, this may now be the best method:

Doing a 16 man hard mode should give 64 points per ball, with 3 spawning at a time. That would definitely be the fastest way to level social.

Dang I need to get in on this on Qruul and my operative. I want to get Social 4 so I can look like a Voss.

So that's why I was leveling up my social while doing Soa. Well it's all pretty easy to lvl social now, even reg FP runs are giving out decent returns finally

skrilla

Neo Member
So, what's the return on social points for farming regular mode BT at level 43? I'm currently sitting at just above social level 1.

skrilla

Neo Member
I'm not sure it is still possible, I believe they removed the ability to get social points from content you were over leveled for.

So what would be the easiest way at level 43? I just want some god damn orange pants to wear on my assassin. It feels like i'm asking for too much when it comes to pants.

So, what's the return on social points for farming regular mode BT at level 43? I'm currently sitting at just above social level 1.

You can't farm reg BT anymore. You currently make more SP doing a random run of a HM than a BT farm run.

So what would be the easiest way at level 43? I just want some god damn orange pants to wear on my assassin. It feels like i'm asking for too much when it comes to pants.

Just running the current FP's allowed for your lvl right now, or just playing alot with people doing random questing. Playing coop the game with my GF are two charactes were already social 3 at lvl 18, that was pre 1.3

skrilla

Neo Member
You can't farm reg BT anymore. You currently make more SP doing a random run of a HM than a BT farm run.

Just running the current FP's allowed for your lvl right now, or just playing alot with people doing random questing. Playing coop the game with my GF are two charactes were already social 3 at lvl 18, that was pre 1.3

Heh... ok thanks

Cystm

Back up and running.

yDWcV.gif

Edit: Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd server maintenance!

kYOdO.gif

Fuck.

Tarazet

I've been leveling an Operative, and been playing as Lethality. I'm up to level 33 now. I'm finding it interesting and it has some great advantages in PvP (stun on 30s cooldown + movement buff, AE snare on CG), but it's quite difficult to play this spec, partly because the rotation is weird, partly because the energy requirements are so severe. It's almost like playing my Pyro Powertech, because I'm usually in the red zone. That's fine in PvP where you don't expect to live long after you Shiv and Cull the healer, but in flashpoints, I can't find the right balance.

I feel like I should be taking some of these extra damage abilities off my bar if they're too expensive to use, but I'm not sure which ones. Backstab is useful instant damage for 10 energy. Overload Shot is buffed by my AC and by Lethality tree. Should I leave out Carbine Burst, seeing how it consumes a much-needed TA and isn't as good as Cull? I rarely use Snipe or Explosive Probe in this spec, but they're on my cover bar only anyway.

Draxal

Can anyone tell me a bit what the current state of the game is? I lvld to 50 in the launch period, but quit after that

Much better than before (population wise) but still not ut of the woods. Server transfers did alot to revive the game, but if they don't develop content quicker it'll dip again.

Zafir

I can't believe there's still no word on balancing stuff. People can't honestly think Sentinels/Marauders and Operative/Scoundrel Healers are balanced, surely? God forbid you run into a Sent with a pocket Scoundrel Healer....

I mean I don't really like shouting nerf to stuff, but when you've got ranked stuff going on, balance needs to be priority.

CzarTim

I can't believe there's still no word on balancing stuff. People can't honestly think Sentinels/Marauders and Operative/Scoundrel Healers are balanced, surely? God forbid you run into a Sent with a pocket Scoundrel Healer....

I mean I don't really like shouting nerf to stuff, but when you've got ranked stuff going on, balance needs to be priority.

Yeah. Some guy on Reddit was saying mando healers are as powerful as Sage/Scounrel and I was just like "lol".

Heysoos

I can't believe there's still no word on balancing stuff. People can't honestly think Vanguards/Powertechs and Operative/Scoundrel Healers are balanced, surely? God forbid you run into a Vanguard with a pocket Scoundrel Healer....

Fixed.

Zafir

Yeah. Some guy on Reddit was saying mando healers are as powerful as Sage/Scounrel and I was just like "lol".
Maybe at only healing one person. If a lot of people are taking a lot of damage you end up overheating if you try and keep everyone alive. Plus once people start focusing you, you end up healing yourself more than anyone, until they finally find out interrupting rapid scan pretty much locks you down, and then you can't even heal yourself.

I swapped to pyro on my Merc a few days back, and I'm enjoying it more than healing. Though it still has it's problems. There just isn't enough tools to deal with melee. Need some kind of root, because I personally don't think the one knockback is enough. Melee just charge back.

Though I think if we're introducing more roots, I think they finally need to address the roots going through resolve issue.

My jugg fairs far better in PvP. Survivability is rubbish as rage, but I go down with a bang and take other people with me. I'd stick to playing him, but I have full war hero on him now, so there isn't that much else to do. Need to level my operative clearly. :X
Meh, I can atleast kill skilled Pyro PTs on my Jugg permitting I see him before he sees me. Don't stand much of a chance against a skilled sentinel/mara thanks to all their get out of jail free cards.

Francois424

Neo Member
So Vanguard is now FotM (Flavor of the Month) ? Figures. I just rolled one 2 weeks ago, of course everything I touch gets nerfed to oblivion... /fumes.

Let's hope Vanguard are "performing as intended" =)

Zafir

So Vanguard is now FotM (Flavor of the Month) ? Figures. I just rolled one 2 weeks ago, of course everything I touch gets nerfed to oblivion... /fumes.

Let's hope Vanguard are "performing as intended" =)
That's how the vicious cycle rolls. You're best off just playing whichever class you enjoy the play style of, because every class is going to go through stages of being overpowered, getting nerfed, and then being underpowered till they decide to buff it again. I'm just shocked that they don't "balance" more often.

Draxal

Maybe at only healing one person. If a lot of people are taking a lot of damage you end up overheating if you try and keep everyone alive. Plus once people start focusing you, you end up healing yourself more than anyone, until they finally find out interrupting rapid scan pretty much locks you down, and then you can't even heal yourself.

I swapped to pyro on my Merc a few days back, and I'm enjoying it more than healing. Though it still has it's problems. There just isn't enough tools to deal with melee. Need some kind of root, because I personally don't think the one knockback is enough. Melee just charge back.

Though I think if we're introducing more roots, I think they finally need to address the roots going through resolve issue.

My jugg fairs far better in PvP. Survivability is rubbish as rage, but I go down with a bang and take other people with me. I'd stick to playing him, but I have full war hero on him now, so there isn't that much else to do. Need to level my operative clearly. :X

Meh, I can atleast kill skilled Pyro PTs on my Jugg permitting I see him before he sees me. Don't stand much of a chance against a skilled sentinel/mara thanks to all their get out of jail free cards.

Pyro/Assault Merc's/Commando's either a spammable instant attack that does damage or something that ignores interrupts. It's a shame how all three trees are pretty much locked out to interrupts. Wish they buffed the hell out of explosive round/missle blast and make that the spammy ability for pyro/assault merc/mandos.

Francois424

Neo Member
That's how the vicious cycle rolls. You're best off just playing whichever class you enjoy the play style of, because every class is going to go through stages of being overpowered, getting nerfed, and then being underpowered till they decide to buff it again. I'm just shocked that they don't "balance" more often.

The problem is that I actually *like* these classes (I mostly PvE); then they nerf it and they become broken/annoying to play, and thus I switch.
(Assassin Tank and Sage nerfs have hit me the hardest so far)

Then again, It's been a while since i've played my Imperial Agent, so comes the nerf, I'll probably go back to play him a chapter or 2.

1.3 has been out a week

The problem is that I actually *like* these classes (I mostly PvE); then they nerf it and they become broken/annoying to play, and thus I switch.
(Assassin Tank and Sage nerfs have hit me the hardest so far)

Then again, It's been a while since i've played my Imperial Agent, so comes the nerf, I'll probably go back to play him a chapter or 2.

None of the nerfs have really broken any of the classes when it comes to pve, for the most part everyone has just gotten tougher with 1.2 and 1.3 with all the buffs to stuff in pve that makes the game easier. Pretty much all the complaints pertain to stuff related to pvp which is often highly hyperbolic. A reduction of 5% damage on something will turn into "omg we've become useless!".

Zafir

1.3 has been out a week

None of the nerfs have really broken any of the classes when it comes to pve, for the most part everyone has just gotten tougher with 1.2 and 1.3 with all the buffs to stuff in pve that makes the game easier. Pretty much all the complaints pertain to stuff related to pvp which is often highly hyperbolic. A reduction of 5% damage on something will turn into "omg we've become useless!".
Yes, but 1.3 didn't solve many of the balancing issues. The only thing it did do was nerf Tank Assassins in a stupid way. It was never their survivability that was the issue, it was the fact they could do DPS level damage, WHILE having tank survivability. Oddly enough they nerfed the other two tank classes damage instead, which wasn't that amazing to begin with. I certainly wouldn't go full Immortal(Tank Spec) on my Jugg in PvP anymore. You need to do some damage, to be able to slowly get the DPS off your healers.

The nerf has made two healing mercs just unviable for EC. Too much splash damage. Hell, we've had trouble just bringing one to hard mode.

Edit: To add, it's more than a 5% difference. I've never seen an healing merc go above 500k healing in PvP. Sorc/Sages can manage it and I've seen them get up to around 700k, though that requires a really good game for them. Ops/Scoundrels on the other hand I consistantly see in the 700k-900k healing region.

Yes, but 1.3 didn't solve many of the balancing issues. The only thing it did do was nerf Tank Assassins in a stupid way. It was never their survivability that was the issue, it was the fact they could do DPS level damage, WHILE having tank survivability. Oddly enough they nerfed the other two tank classes damage instead, which wasn't that amazing to begin with. I certainly wouldn't go full Immortal(Tank Spec) on my Jugg in PvP anymore. You need to do some damage, to be able to slowly get the DPS off your healers.

The nerf has made two healing mercs just unviable for EC. Too much splash damage. Hell, we've had trouble just bringing one to hard mode.

Edit: To add, it's more than a 5% difference. I've never seen an healing merc go above 500k healing in PvP. Sorc/Sages can manage it and I've seen them get up to around 700k, though that requires a really good game for them. Ops/Scoundrels on the other hand I consistantly see in the 700k-900k healing region.

Alot of classes got alterations in 1.3, it's been only a week, I wouldn't expect any sweeping changes for some time. And already Ranked games are causing the same nonsense we had in WoW when arenas started and people tried to dictate everything by it. Why they should have had a seperate PVP build option like other games have figured out to do.

I don't think that they are bothering anymore with the weekly tiny patches doing anything anymore other than bug fixes.

Zafir

Alot of classes got alterations in 1.3, it's been only a week, I wouldn't expect any sweeping changes for some time. And already Ranked games are causing the same nonsense we had in WoW when arenas started and people tried to dictate everything by it. Why they should have had a seperate PVP build option like other games have figured out to do.

I don't think that they are bothering anymore with the weekly tiny patches doing anything anymore other than bug fixes.

Well, that's what I'm saying, they should do balancing more often. They should be constantly tweaking things, not shoving them all into one big patch which takes months to come out.

Francois424

Neo Member
What does 25 BlackHole commnandation buy ?
A set ? One piece ? Nothing ? Just curious as the Pet is not at all interesting to me.

Not going to spit on free stuff tho, it's nice of them to do.

Enosh

quite sure the ears or implant are the cheapest at 30

also 20 BH buys you a exotech recipe thingy for biochem

What does 25 BlackHole commnandation buy ?
A set ? One piece ? Nothing ? Just curious as the Pet is not at all interesting to me.

Not going to spit on free stuff tho, it's nice of them to do.

Yea cheapest is like 35, but you get 5 bh coms for doing a random HM FP through the group finder a day.

Just finished the Agent storyline, by far the best so far (finished trooper and jedi knight), i am not sure but it feels like my options actually made a difference to the end of the story. Now im not sure if to carry on doing the endgame stuff, finishing off my smuggler (lev 41 belsavis) or carry on with my level 11 Sith inquistor.

skrilla

Neo Member

God, i absolutely love cornering people with my mara. I've had people turn and run as if they had somewhere to go only to run into the wall of the corner that they backed themselves into. good times...

Draxal

I think the only time I really really enjoy pvp is Voidstar, bridge battles and pillar humping by the pitfall there.

HBroward

New podcast is out, covering the operations and nightmare mode. Sounds like we will have the new operation before Nightmare Explosive Conflict is out. That is a good idea, people will be pretty tired of running EC by then(if not already), so it gives a nice break before coming back to it for gear progression. This whole podcast seems like it was recorded several weeks ago though, the last section covered legacy upgrades coming in 1.3!

Edit: Actually I think I misheard it, after going back over the transcript. So NiM EC is probably still coming before the new Op.

Top Bottom