• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

I just know for a fact they are going to start the new world event when I go on holiday for a week, might take my laptop with me just incase they do....

I can see the complaints. "A world event during a holiday?! WTF Bioware"

Yea there's a few on Reddit, people losing their minds about it.

I would be gutted if they do as its the exact day I go away, shit happens tho.

Worst comes to worst i'll give Milly my account details and he can log me in and grind some shit out for me :p

Yea there's a few on Reddit, people losing their minds about it.

I would be gutted if they do as its the exact day I go away, shit happens tho.

Worst comes to worst i'll give Milly my account details and he can log me in and grind some shit out for me :p

Well if it's like the Rakghoul plague, I doubt it will be just one day. Assume they will do another week long event or extend this one after the complaints from the first that it had gone by too quick (except the space aids)

How is that different from any other mmo

Course it's standard procedure

Well if it's like the Rakghoul plague, I doubt it will be just one day. Assume they will do another week long event or extend this one after the complaints from the first that it had gone by too quick (except the space aids)

Course it's standard procedure

Well yea thats the problem, if its only a week i'll be leaving the day it starts and coming back on the day it ends and trust me I will be recovering from a major hangover week till like August.

GLopez12

Neo Member
Is there world PvP while doing the Correllia dailies, or are the dailies spread out and separated by faction like the Belsavis and Ilum dailies?

Alur

Social 1? Do you not even run dailies? Where do your credits come from?

I never run dailies. One day you can take me and show me all the shortcuts. I've never even attempted the Black Hole dailies. All my credits come from PVP...and I have no repair bill, and nothing to buy, so /shrug.

Now I'm milking the augmentation kit mk-6 market, just out of boredom. I bet I only had 2 mil total across all my characters before I started making kits though, and just started that yesterday when I maxed Synthweaving on my jugg.

Before 1.2 I had almost 6 mil but wasted it on things that weren't the White saber crystal, and I regret them.

how to win at swtor pvp

step 1 - stack assault vanguards/powertech
step 2 - win

You forgot step 2 - stack commando healers. UNBEATABLE. IMMORTAL. YOU ARE INVINCIBLE, etc etc. It's not that bad, but trooper/bounty hunter classes are pretty boss in Rated WZs for all the talk of how badly they were nerfed. It's all about survivability, and they may not heal for shit, but they can survive like mothers. Toss in a scoundrel/operative healer and collect rating.

My operative healer will be ready to go soon, be nice to be able to get away every once in a while in rated :p.

Is there world PvP while doing the Correllia dailies, or are the dailies spread out and separated by faction like the Belsavis and Ilum dailies?

The Illum dailies have shared area by the temple, you often come across players of the other faction there. It's the final two you get at the western outpost. Rep and Imps are sent to the same area for 2 quests.

Correllia is spread out and seperate

UltraMav

I will say I am surprised at the amount of world PvP I have encountered since the transfers on The Bastion. Stealths sneaking into our base on Ilum and vice versa, fun stuff. I guess everyone is excited to be part of a healthy pop again.

KaoticBlaze

Yeah I'm Yooni and Predeesh. Mainly on Yooni. What was your in game again?

You could probably throw in you know Azura as well.
sciion thats my lvl 50 sorc...im going to try and transfer him and probably my jedi knight to the new server then im most likely gonna create a marauder on the new server as well...hopefully they got a buff from the last time i was on lol

Milly79

I had forgotten your GAF name. I put in a word already, but they're raiding atm, so he hasn't gotten back to me.

-Edit, just whisper me and forget the app, he said I can get you in.

Cystm

My CPU fan decided to die on me today. New water cooling components won't be received until... Tuesday.

I am cry.

Heysoos

wtb assault/pyro vanguard/powertech nerf

bioware pls
uswjT.jpg

*goes back to leveling new Vanguard*

Yaska

Bought the pvp experience bonuses on my alts, quite a fast way to lvl alts that are too low level for the current content.

Alur

I got the WZ/Story/FP boosts for my smug. Skipping planetary quests entirely.

This, but I ended up getting everything (edit: minus space, which I've never really bothered with, and only the cheap explorations). A couple days of this was absolutely insane for my operative.

This, but I ended up getting everything (edit: minus space, which I've never really bothered with, and only the cheap explorations). A couple days of this was absolutely insane for my operative.

I got exploration, Space and Main quest XP boosts, might get the other 2 as well seeing as im a bit bored of space now.

CzarTim

It surprised me how quickly you can run through FPs with the group finder. Never realized how much time was wasted getting a group and traveling.

Cystm

It surprised me how quickly you can run through FPs with the group finder. Never realized how much time was wasted getting a group and traveling.

It's been pretty fun. Running into the same people every run or so has opened the doors for people I would've for all intents and purposes never known existed.

Tarazet

Well they also removed a bunch of trash from various FP's in 1.3 also which helps.

Yeah, this wouldn't have been possible unless they nerfed Foundry and Directive 7. Even so those two are pretty much instant death for a PUG, as is Kaon if your tank doesn't know how to use the turret.

new event info (it's not out yet, but here's the data-mined stuff so far on it).

It's a scavenger hunt called the Great Acquisition.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476074

New titles from the event:

SIS Freelancer, for Republic characters (if you choose to end the scavenger hunt by helping the Republic government)

Imperial Loyalist, for Imperial characters (if you choose to end the scavenger hunt by helping the Imperial government)

Capable Sentient, for either faction (if you choose to end the scavenger hunt by helping the Chevin)

So getting social points is no longer a problem with 1.3, have increased two social tiers only after 2 raids and a couple HM runs, but I don't quite understand how it works. I thought it was per boss kill, but looking at my point count the killing of bosses doesn't always move it. Then when doing a HM EV run on SOA, after we got halfway through the fight, I was awarded social points and made Social V before we even defeated him.

Sigh,

Finding it hard to belive no one wants a tank in a guild? (Guardian)

Are they just not good anymore?

Tanks are always needed, though lot of guilds like to do varioius ops runs with only one tank instead of the recommended 2 tanks. The extra DPS often is more beneficial than the need of a 2nd tank. You likely are just having bad luck, getting into a guild is usually not hard. And Jug/Guardian tanks got lot better in 1.3 as they really buffed our threat generation and ability to hold aggro.

CzarTim

Smug healer is some of the most fun I've had in an MMO ever. So versatile. The trooper is a log. Two heals going back and forth that take so long to cast you can't really DPS in between. I found he Sage to be very similar in style with the exception that Troopers turtle and Sages run away.

Smugs run away too BUT THEY ARE INVISIBLE WHEN THEY DO IT. And HOT means you can DPS a bit too. So much fun.

mainframe

Neo Member
yeah just seems like 1 tank is needed .. could dps but there is always another class that can dps better then guardian :-(..

I re rolled on jedi covenant to try my options , have a guardian but might be scrapping that idea

Alur

Smug healer is some of the most fun I've had in an MMO ever. So versatile. The trooper is a log. Two heals going back and forth that take so long to cast you can't really DPS in between. I found he Sage to be very similar in style with the exception that Troopers turtle and Sages run away.

Smugs run away too BUT THEY ARE INVISIBLE WHEN THEY DO IT. And HOT means you can DPS a bit too. So much fun.

LOL, sounds like we are having the same experience Jaina. I like having something to manage (TA procs) and I like the fact that no matter what I'm doing, heals are still rolling. With my cybertech I have 3 stuns, two of them AOE, and I am constantly moving around.

Nothing cooler than the <30% free heal on a marauder for me so far either...WHOA, LIVIN' ON A PRAYER!

Qruul though, he is a numbers turret. Stand here, cast cast cast. Someone attacked me, move to new spot, drop purple circle and stand in it. Cast, cast. AOE damage, hump pillar, find new spot, cast more. The only thing breaking up the monotony is consumption really, though I can do an easy 100k of damage dpsing when I get the notion just cause of the dots.

HBroward

If anyone wanted to gain social points quickly for whatever reason, this may now be the best method:

So I was doing story mode EV group finder with some fresh 50s and on Soa we wiped a few times, but i noticed that my social level skyrocketed. I looked through my chat log and noticed that each ball lightning destroyed gave you 32 social points. This gave me the idea to farm the second phase of Soa since there is no enrage timer yet, or just almost kill him and jump off the edge to avoid repair costs. I haven't done Soa on Hm since learning this, but I assume you would get twice as many since there are two lightning balls each. I imagine it wouldn't take more that a few hours to reach social 10, but this is mostly untested.
tl:dr- farm soa

Doing a 16 man hard mode should give 64 points per ball, with 3 spawning at a time. That would definitely be the fastest way to level social.

Top Bottom