• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Draxal

Yea they are disabling character creation on the old origin servers! http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you-part-ii

Also sounds from that they are going to likely do forced transfer/merge later this summer.

Looks like Georg Zoeller left Bioware as well (voluntarily it seems). I am not sure what he did behind the scenes, but I do not miss his abrasive posting pattern on the boards at all.

Also void star changes inc.

1) Yes, right now, if neither team breaches the first set of doors, the winner is determined randomly (in case anyone wasn't sure).

2) We have a change coming that will determine the winner in this case by taking each team's number of kills into account.

Looks like Georg Zoeller left Bioware as well (voluntarily it seems). I am not sure what he did behind the scenes, but I do not miss his abrasive posting pattern on the boards at all.
He was in charge of class balancing. I'm not sure if his departure will end up being good or bad.

Draxal

He was in charge of class balancing. I'm not sure if his departure will end up being good or bad.

Oh yeah, "ops stunlocking making people wanting to quit the game". It was kinda amusing (since my op is only level 24 and doesn't pvp) seeing a dps op nerf every patch note.

Cystm

xl9dn.png

LXwKa.gif

I am sure he is a nice person, but the way he communicated with the community was pretty terrible, the logic conveyed behind the decisions made to mechanics was almost trollish at times, and I'm hoping they get someone in there that can do the job much better.

Dunlop

This is the MMOI can think of where I actually benched my main raiding toon (level 50 BH) to roll another character (Sorc) because it out healed it in every way shape or form plus added a shit ton of utility.

I was in the beta's and it was widely posted about the discrepency between sorcs/bh/IA but noting was done.

Even after the nerfs Sorc's are still the ultimate PVE healers

Draxal

He's gone? Hurray, DPS Scoundrels have a chance at redemption!

Nope, they're going to get nerfed every patch for no apparent reason while marauders get buffed.

This is the MMOI can think of where I actually benched my main raiding toon (level 50 BH) to roll another character (Sorc) because it out healed it in every way shape or form plus added a shit ton of utility.

I was in the beta's and it was widely posted about the discrepency between sorcs/bh/IA but noting was done.

Even after the nerfs Sorc's are still the ultimate PVE healers

Scoundrels/Ops are quite viable healers as well in pve, and the best in pvp. Let's not talk about commando/merc healers.

Dunlop

Scoundrels/Ops are quite viable healers are well pve, and the best in pvp. Let's not talk about commando/merc healers.

That was with 1.2, they were the worst healers before that. The healing discrepancy should not have been that severe when the game launched

HBroward

So the new "refer a friend" speeder, has 110% speed boost, and only requires speeder training 1! Never using another low level speeder on my alts ever again. Hopefully this is working as intended, and isn't just an oversight. They are going to be everywhere now, pod speeders all over.

So the new "refer a friend" speeder, has 110% speed boost, and only requires speeder training 1! Never using another low level speeder on my alts ever again. Hopefully this is working as intended, and isn't just an oversight. They are going to be EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK now.

Not really since it requires you to have a friend sub to the game. All my friends are not interested or already are subbed to the game :p

Won't be surprised to see them add new faster mounts eventually also.

HBroward

Not really since it requires you to have a friend sub to the game. All my friends are not interested or already are subbed to the game :p

Yeah, I'm still at work, I was just going by what people were saying on reddit, they said they are all over the place.

Moaradin

I'll take a good op healer any day over a sorc in pve.

Eh. I usually top the meters as an OP healer but dat circle is insanely good.

They'll probably be pretty rare. When WoW did something similar, the zebra mount that you got was pretty rare. I was like the only person that used it on my server haha.

Dunlop

Eh. I usually top the meters as an OP healer but dat circle is insanely good.

Those meters don't count shields, which I can spam endlessly and being a former discipline priest I am shocked at how little other sorcs seem to use them.

I'm usually topping healing meter without counting that, as the game is too primitive to count overhealing as well

Zafir

Hopefully that means better balancing.

Back on the discussion of Juggs/Guards tanking, I've been trying an hybrid tank spec(16/25/0 though there is quite a few variations knocking about depending on whether you want extra survivability or extra damage) in PvP today. It's definitely the way to go if your wanting to tank in PvP. It has pretty much the same survivability as full Immortal/Defence but has much better damage.

Back on the discussion of Juggs/Guards tanking, I've been trying an hybrid tank spec(16/25/0 though there is quite a few variations knocking about depending on whether you want extra survivability or extra damage) in PvP today. It's definitely the way to go if your wanting to tank in PvP. It has pretty much the same survivability as full Immortal/Defence but has much better damage.

Wish they put in PVP spec option that you could switch too, because I rather not keep changing specs to have to jump back to pve tanking.

Alur

Funny you mention this, Zafir, cause my buddy I was referencing who plays Immortal in PVP with me daily went to this two nights ago. His damage has went way up, and he said he loves what Deafening Defense does for Enraged Defense. He was playing his sorc DPS almost exclusively the last few days til he swapped, now he's back on the horse a bit.

Those meters don't count shields, which I can spam endlessly and being a former discipline priest I am shocked at how little other sorcs seem to use them.

I'm usually topping healing meter without counting that, as the game is too primitive to count overhealing as well

I played a discipline priest alt, and have only ever played my sorcerer as healing. What you just said surprises me every day.

I have a reputation as a pretty damn good sorc healer in PVP, due mainly to the fact that I can play the objective and still crush #'s healing...and it's all because of liberal use of the shield. It adds so much to healing, it saves people's lives, and when I'm sure I'm gonna die I will literally light everyone in range up with it on the way out because it's instant.

It can easily be the difference in someone surviving to protect a door in Voidstar while I'm dead and waiting on the door, or running the ball in Huttball, etc. It was no different in PVE. Lots of our sorcs never used their shields, and I was all over it. It's that disc priest thing I guess. Criminally underused ability.

Oh god lol

So guys what in this game has changed since they did that L4D flashpoint? What's the big changes?

L4D flashpoint the one back in Jan or so? Well since then they have done a bunch of optimizations to run better, higher graphic options along with the higher textures. New warzone, flashpoint (part 2 of the l4d like one), new operation, new world boss, new gear sets and new daily area. They put in fully customizable UI, color matching to chest, new pets, ranked pvp, legacy system perks, bunch of new crafting schematics and changes, adaptive social gear, achievements that earn unique mounts, group finder system for flashpoints.

The new servers they are transferring folks to are also larger capacity with higher pop caps per instance than what game had at launch so the game world is much more populated and less empty. You have multiple instances on some planets with the cap worlds at times with over 160 players on. Theres been a bunch of little tweaks and quality of life improvements here and there as well over the months, like being to use mounts in most places, allowing players to shuttle from a planet straight to their ship, giving players sprint at lvl1 instead of waiting till lvl 14.

Alur

Yeah, on Jedi Covenant the remains of GAF Empire are scattered amongst The Turks and Elite Empire guilds now. And republic GAF is still going strong, raiding and PVPing.

aett

A coworker of mine who is a huge WoW fan just asked me to send him the 7-day trial. It'd be cool to know someone who is playing the game, but I just wish I had more time after work to play.

gatti-man

I got invited back with a free week. Redownloading everything. Im still not done with dead space two though.... So many games so little time.

Heysoos

What's the problem with rated?

Stacking 3 Assault Vanguards/Pyro Powertechs and one Sentinel/Marauder preferably specced into Fleet Footed for max speed burst = insta win.

Thought I'd download the trial to play with a friend but I can't join his server because it's locked, wtf is this??????

They don't want new players moving into servers that are going to be merged sometime this summer. Wise move, imo. Keep everyone in the healthy populated servers, no need to spread the community like it was before.

Francois424

Neo Member
Thought I'd download the trial to play with a friend but I can't join his server because it's locked, wtf is this??????

They offered free transfers about a month ago (or was it 3 weeks ?)
Then they disabled the creation of new characters in prevision of closing the servers down eventually.
They want people playing on more populated servers in the list

Simply ask your friend to transfer to his allowed destination server
If he does, then you can play with him.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm not sure if he'll transfer but we'll figure something out.

He should, since later this summer they are closing those servers and going to force transfer players to where they want. Take advantage and transfer now to where they allow and your friend will also get some rewards in game early next month for it

Top Bottom