• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

HBroward

Actually I think I misheard it, after going back over the transcript. So NiM EC is probably still coming before the new Op.

PFD

Does this game still offer trial invites? If yes, does anybody have one? I wouldn't mind giving this a try.

I'll PM you my email.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Does this game still offer trial invites? If yes, does anybody have one? I wouldn't mind giving this a try.

I'll PM you my email.

Also, starting next Tues the game will be free up to level 15. No idea if the week trial just carries over into that, I would assume so.

CzarTim

Man, burst damage makes me rage like crazy. If two Marauders are on me, they can completely shut me down. Like kill me before I can get one or two heals out. I have absolutely nothing in my arsenal to counter it. If I'm being focus fired by a burst heavy team, I might as well leave the WZ for all I can do.

Alur

Man, burst damage makes me rage like crazy. If two Marauders are on me, they can completely shut me down. Like kill me before I can get one or two heals out. I have absolutely nothing in my arsenal to counter it. If I'm being focus fired by a burst heavy team, I might as well leave the WZ for all I can do.

This. It sucks. But really, try it as a 1.2+ sorcerer healer :p. Literally can do nothing. At least you have your shield every couple minutes. Pretty much sums up rated as a sorc healer in a nutshell, and healers in general. Just some live a little longer than others, but no one lives very long.

Glorified distractions.

Zafir

This. It sucks. But really, try it as a 1.2+ sorcerer healer :p. Literally can do nothing. At least you have your shield every couple minutes. Pretty much sums up rated as a sorc healer in a nutshell, and healers in general. Just some live a little longer than others, but no one lives very long.

Glorified distractions.
I've got that joy to come when I get my Sorc to 50. I've started buying war hero on my Jugg for her so I can try and bypass most of the painful recruit gear stages.

Guarded Operative/Scoundrel healers live by far the longest if the player is skilled, because of that stupid move they can spam when under 30%. Mind you I think that's the issue at the moment, as an healer you need a tank guarding you and taunting people.

Unfortunately they nerfed the tank tree's as well. On my Jugg I hit like shit when I'm full tank specced in PvP, even despite the fact I have full War Hero DPS set. Would be alright for rated, when you know your team can make up for the lack of DPS. However in pug games, it's a very risky move, you're very rarely going to lose a game because you haven't got a tank. However you'll lose a game because you haven't got enough dps or healing. That said, Tank Assassins still do decent damage despite being tanks, so I don't know why they nerfed Jugg and PT tank damage...

Alur

Unfortunately they nerfed the tank tree's as well. On my Jugg I hit like shit when I'm full tank specced in PvP, even despite the fact I have full War Hero DPS set. Would be alright for rated, when you know your team can make up for the lack of DPS. However in pug games, it's a very risky move, you're very rarely going to lose a game because you haven't got a tank. However you'll lose a game because you haven't got enough dps or healing. That said, Tank Assassins still do decent damage despite being tanks, so I don't know why they nerfed Jugg and PT tank damage...

My in game buddy, whom I PVP with and is my guard bot every single night since like January, has not touched his jugg tank hardly since the nerf. He's WH'd out too, and he's just incredulous that you guys got nerfed damage wise and tankasins didn't. I can't figure it out either. It's not like there aren't a lot of juggernauts either, it's a pretty popular class on our server. /boggle

vilmer_

I just recently switched to defense spec on my guardian, after being focus since the beginning. Definitely agree that damage is absolutely awful. I made the switch because focus survivability is abysmal, I'm getting ripped apart by powertechs and marauders left and right. I don't want to re-roll as I really love my guardian, but it's getting to a point where I might just level up my sage and hope for some buffs in the future.

Cystm

On my tankassin, with a 5 - 0 lead in hutt ball, with leeway to stop running the ball, and face roll, I max at 200k DPS, which is more than fine. That said, I am now squishy as fuck after 1.3.

Alur

I just recently switched to defense spec on my guardian, after being focus since the beginning. Definitely agree that damage is absolutely awful. I made the switch because focus survivability is abysmal, I'm getting ripped apart by powertechs and marauders left and right. I don't want to re-roll as I really love my guardian, but it's getting to a point where I might just level up my sage and hope for some buffs in the future.

I've no clue what they have had against jugg tanking since the beginning. There were some buffs a while back, but I never felt like juggs were as easy to tank with as assassins, though I have never played a powertech. (I have played as 50 jugg and 50 assassin)

A friend on our server whom I used to raid with (and a couple posters here still do) plays only tanks in PVP and PVE, has cleared HM EC etc. He plays his assassin tank first, powertech tank second, and to my knowledge hasn't ever brought his jugg tank into a real raid often because of how clunky it is with holding aggro.

In PVP, immortal jugg control is awesome for guarding healers, but it just puts out such pitiful damage even in DPS gear that it's always second class in rated versus the other tanks. And ultimately, DPS and what heals you can get out is what wins in rated.

Zafir

I'm still rage for the moment in pvp, survivability is pathetic, but I can take out a good few people before I go down and even beat marauders and pyro pt's in damage sometimes. Vengeance/Vigilance(Think thats the guard name?) is better for survivability and does quite decent damage, no where near pyro pt and marauder damage levels though.

I've been pvping a bit on my pyro merc, but I feel thats even worse than my Jugg for survivability.

Milly79

I meant to say that I wasn't going nuts over it. They had 4 healers at mid, so no one was dying. We had the sides capped and doubled up on them. We then lost both and got mid, but it was too late. Mobius from VM was pretty pissed saying I was just stacking numbers, but really there are 7 others in there that didn't budge either. Doesn't help when Laalona is telling me to stay there. And to top it off I wasn't even in the ops frame.

But yeah, I wouldn't live that long in rated. Not at all.

CzarTim

I'll have more fun in rateds when they add solo queues. Class balance is too borked for groups to be any fun right now. Some people refuse to group without a specific class makeup.

Alur

I'll have more fun in rateds when they add solo queues. Class balance is too borked for groups to be any fun right now. Some people refuse to group without a specific class makeup.

This. I'm currently guildless with some friends and lots of folks are sending in their pitches to get us, but most only want to do their one team and that's it and only when those folks are on. While that includes some of us, it doesn't include all of us and is also very infrequent. I'd rather play with some good folks and have a 50% ratio than wait around for the chance to win 100%.

Zafir

I doubt I'll do much more rated till solo queue come out.

Though I fear solo queuing wont be that much different from normal warzones. Plus people will try and cheat the system to get put in the same games as their friends and stuff.

vilmer_

I'm still rage for the moment in pvp, survivability is pathetic, but I can take out a good few people before I go down and even beat marauders and pyro pt's in damage sometimes. Vengeance/Vigilance(Think thats the guard name?) is better for survivability and does quite decent damage, no where near pyro pt and marauder damage levels though.

I've been pvping a bit on my pyro merc, but I feel thats even worse than my Jugg for survivability.

I went back to focus spec, tank spec in pvp with dps gear was... not what I was hoping for lol. I just don't like the fact that a marauder/sentinel can last at least 30 seconds against 3 people defending a node (and destroy me in the process if he/she is focus targeting me). A pure dps class should not have the amount of defensive cd's as a supposed heavy armor/tank class, regardless if they are spec'd dps or not.

CzarTim

I doubt I'll do much more rated till solo queue come out.

Though I fear solo queuing wont be that much different from normal warzones. Plus people will try and cheat the system to get put in the same games as their friends and stuff.
If it's cross server queues, it'll be hard to game. An as long as I'm playing with people close to my rating, I'm okay. Though honestly I hope the rating system gets more sophisticated. I only win 30-40% of my matches even though I'm almost always top heals.

Zafir

I went back to focus spec, tank spec in pvp with dps gear was... not what I was hoping for lol. I just don't like the fact that a marauder/sentinel can last at least 30 seconds against 3 people defending a node (and destroy me in the process if he/she is focus targeting me). A pure dps class should not have the amount of defensive cd's as a supposed heavy armor/tank class, regardless if they are spec'd dps or not.
Oh I fully agree, it's ridiculous how many defensive cooldowns they have, how short their cooldowns are, and how good they are. They blow our defensive cooldowns out of the water.

Alur

Cystm, do you think you guys had enough jedi knight classes attacking me in that game last night? It was like 3 at all times.

Though I didn't go down like a wet paper sack due to what I assume was gear advantage (and guard), you guys did an excellent job of shutting me down with interrupts and stuns. I only got off 3 AOE heals the whole game, and one of em was right as we crossed the bridge to win. It was a determined effort, lol. I healed 600k in that one, which is pretty low for me in an almost full voidstar.

I told Homi to get you off me several times lol, and he'd come force push you away and you'd just leap right back. It was fun though!

Milly79

Cystm, do you think you guys had enough jedi knight classes attacking me in that game last night? It was like 3 at all times.

Though I didn't go down like a wet paper sack due to what I assume was gear advantage (and guard), you guys did an excellent job of shutting me down with interrupts and stuns. I only got off 3 AOE heals the whole game, and one of em was right as we crossed the bridge to win. It was a determined effort, lol. I healed 600k in that one, which is pretty low for me in an almost full voidstar.

I told Homi to get you off me several times lol, and he'd come force push you away and you'd just leap right back. It was fun though!

He is annoying eh

Cystm

Gotta shut down those heals as much as possible. I am sure my damage was mid tier, but I tend to play to win, and that means mitigating heals and playing on the objective. (literally, not just personally via K/D ratio or dmg meters.)

Unless Yooni is present.

inrPT7GFCER63.gif

Milly79

Gotta shut down those heals as much as possible. I am sure my damage was mid tier, but I tend to play to win, and that means mitigating heals and playing on the objective. (literally, not just personally via K/D ratio or dmg meters.)

Unless Yooni is present.

inrPT7GFCER63.gif

That's... what it feels like.

UltraMav

fuck pvp servers
god damn republic on god damned voss -.-

last time I rolled on a pvp server...

I rolled on a PvP server to follow a real life friend. Occasionally it's really fun, but many times it just serves to frustrate and discourage continued questing. Hell just this morning, logged on, half asleep, decided I'd grind some dailies to pass the time and earn some credits, only to be jumped by 3 sith during my first mission in The Black Hole. Just logged out as I wasn't in the mood.

But I rolled on the PvP server, so no one to blame but myself. Something something bed making sleeping in it.

Vyroxis

Banned
So how have the servers been after the free transfer patch? I played right at launch, but servers dying quickly scared me off. I love grinding dungeons to learn my class in groups and level so constantly having to reroll to just get groups was frustrating.

So how have the servers been after the free transfer patch? I played right at launch, but servers dying quickly scared me off. I love grinding dungeons to learn my class in groups and level so constantly having to reroll to just get groups was frustrating.

The destination servers are packed, planet zones full of people, and group finder makes getting into groups for flashpoints much easier along with extra rewards. Games pretty good right now pop wise on these new larger servers

Vyroxis

Banned
The destination servers are packed, planet zones full of people, and group finder makes getting into groups for flashpoints much easier along with extra rewards. Games pretty good right now pop wise on these new larger servers
Really? That's awesome. I loved the storylines that I got to see, so now I can go back and finally finish them.

Alur

This. Minus some douchebags and the loss of our tight knit community to a degree, I've loved every minute of moving to Jedi Covenant from Keller's Void. Like a brand new game.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

I'll add that I expected the populations to drop after the novelty of the transfers and 1.3 being out but I'm not seeing that at all. Populations have been very steady since the transfers.

Draxal

I'll add that I expected the populations to drop after the novelty of the transfers and 1.3 being out but I'm not seeing that at all. Populations have been very steady since the transfers.

I didn't expect that too much, since anybody who stayed after 1.2, was going to stay for the long haul. Still, two instances of rep fleet on corellian run at this hour is impressive.

Yea the folks playing the game now are those who are mostly really invested in the game and hardcore players who are going to be sticking around. Population will probably be stabilizing now.

So is there any ways to actually make profit/creds from having Treasure Hunting, Arch, and Artifice? I'm making good credits with slicing because of the purple augment parts, but not sure of a good way to make creds using the other character with that como of crew skills I listed.

Alur

So is there any ways to actually make profit/creds from having Treasure Hunting, Arch, and Artifice? I'm making good credits with slicing because of the purple augment parts, but not sure of a good way to make creds using the other character with that como of crew skills I listed.

Only way I could think of is farming the Primeval Artifact/Upari Crystal component combo used for the MK-6 augment kit/augments themselves.

I'm sure you already know this, but in case not; if you have a buddy who can make the MK-6 augment kits, you can craft a 49+ cheap green to farm as Artifice and RE and send the 10 stack to him to turn into a kit with your other mats.

I've been wearing this out on my main, who is Biochem, crafting implants like crazy. I've made a ton of kit pieces, enough for a good 20+ kits in total just on my main (extra, not counting the ones I used for myself), when I actually remember to send my dudes out to get mats lol. At what was 65-70k a pop on my server, it was a nice supplement to what I was making off the mats on my other character. I cleared about 2.1 million in total, but now kits are down to 45k a pop.

Top Bottom