• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Alur

What's the problem with rated?

It's just a class stacking thing, like any other MMO. I have a full WH sorc, my guild prefers my operative with 3 WH pieces and rest BM because even with that huge gear disadvantage I can still outlive my sorc 2 to 1. Just stuff like that, certain classes just aren't wanted in the top tiers...and pretty much all that's left is the top tier folks on most non PVP servers I'd bet.

Not even to say I'm complaining, it's just the reality. I started with my operative instead of sorc two days ago, and we're 12-1 since I started playing him. We took down the two best teams at least twice a piece over the last two days, but I had to sacrifice my main to be involved in that. Them's the breaks I guess.

EDarkness

I haven't played this in a long time, but I was curious where everyone went. I might sub again just to see how things have changed.

I haven't played this in a long time, but I was curious where everyone went. I might sub again just to see how things have changed.

Gaf players are spread out all over the place, many jumped into other guilds or rolled on different servers. Your 7 days free will be to continue your old character where it was last on so you will probably be on an old dead server unless you go in and transfer to the new consolidated servers..

Gaf players are spread out all over the place, many jumped into other guilds or rolled on different servers. Your 7 days free will be to continue your old character where it was last on so you will probably be on an old dead server unless you go in and transfer to the new consolidated servers..

I'm trying out the 7 day free trial and all my characters are on an old dead server. My friends moved to Prophecy of the Five but I didn't see a way to transfer. Is it too late?

HBroward

*Officially mad*

Don't be mad, we one shot kephess last night, you clearly have some utility left! As long as Laalona is around at least! :)

I'm trying out the 7 day free trial and all my characters are on an old dead server. My friends moved to Prophecy of the Five but I didn't see a way to transfer. Is it too late?

You have to go to swtor.com to your account settings to transfer your characters.

Go to the website and log into your account to do transfer. It genereally takes a few seconds to get the characters moved quick

Don't be mad, we one shot kephess last night, you clearly have some utility left! As long as Laalona is around at least! :)

You have to go to swtor.com to your account settings to transfer your characters.

If you werent on my shit list before with the world event baiting you are definetly on it now :p

Draxal

I am starting to get annoyed at pvp again right now. Every imp team in UNRANKED pvp has 3 marauders 2 pyro ptechs 1 op healer and 2 assorted sniper/other healer/juggernaught. I wish balance was a little tighter in pvp.

Cystm

ok? I do know what I'm talking about. there haven't been significant changes aside from the player consolidation (which is obviously good). There are a couple new dungeons, which you can run during the free week, some pvp to do, and then you've exhausted the new stuff, basically.

There is a whole new Operation, Ranked Warzones, Black Hole Dailies, and the whole Legacy system.

• Some of the major things added since launch:
    • Legacy system
    • New Flashpoint – Lost Island
    • New Operation – Explosive Conflict
    • New Warzone – Novare Coast
    • New daily area on Corellia – Black Hole
    • New PvP gear tier (War Hero)
    • New PvE gear tier (Black Hole and Campaign)
    • Guild Bank
    • UI Customizations
    • Engine Optimization overhaul
    • Nightmare Pilgrim, new world boss
    • Group finder
    • Augment kits/slots for every armor piece
    • New character specific legacy perks
    • Ranked Warzones

Stop distracting me from giving steam all of my money.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
It's free this week. Same game it was 7 months ago, but check it out while you can.

Says it hasn't changed since launch, then lists some changes as proof.

ok? I do know what I'm talking about. there haven't been significant changes aside from the player consolidation (which is obviously good). There are a couple new dungeons, which you can run during the free week, some pvp to do, and then you've exhausted the new stuff, basically.

Clearly you do not. Please stop trolling.

Cystm

I am starting to get annoyed at pvp again right now. Every imp team in UNRANKED pvp has 3 marauders 2 pyro ptechs 1 op healer and 2 assorted sniper/other healer/juggernaught. I wish balance was a little tighter in pvp.

Unranked is kinda just going to feel way that against a setup like that. It can be countered, but not so much in a PUG.

Two Pyro, Two sniper target swapping with Marauders shitting on your healer(s) is terrifying to behold.

BillyBats

Banned

If you have a subscription, why would you blatantly lie about the status of the game? If you don't play the game, why would you come into the thread and spread this shit?

NeoGAF encourages this type of behavior these days, it's sad. I can't wait to see the next "SWTOR losing subscribers" jerkfest started by a person who doesn't play the game and who's only reason to start this type of thread is to bash the game and troll.

I think this game is great, been playing since launch. I play very, very...VERY casually, mostly solo just to experience the stories. Great stuff that I wish more people would give a chance.

There is a whole new Operation, Ranked Warzones, Black Hole Dailies, and the whole Legacy system.

• Some of the major things added since launch:
    • Legacy system
    • New Flashpoint – Lost Island
    • New Operation – Explosive Conflict
    • New Warzone – Novare Coast
    • New daily area on Corellia – Black Hole
    • New PvP gear tier (War Hero)
    • New PvE gear tier (Black Hole and Campaign)
    • Guild Bank
    • UI Customizations
    • Engine Optimization overhaul
    • Nightmare Pilgrim, new world boss
    • Group finder
    • Augment kits/slots for every armor piece
    • New character specific legacy perks
    • Ranked Warzones

Stop distracting me from giving steam all of my money.

So if Blizzard adds a new dungeon, raid, daily hub, battleground, and some gear it's a different game from 7 months ago? Firelands is not a different game from Cataclysm tier 1. The raid finder in Demon Soul isn't much since getting gear is shit.
Not everyone cares about ranked PVP or PVP in general.
The legacy system offers very little.

Guild Bank, UI improvements, the shitty group finder doesn't change the game.

If you played 7 months ago, you know what the gameplay is like and still like.

So I just got back into the game and tried a few pvp matches. It looks like you can now buy the pvp gear with warzone commedations, and the next tier requires ranked warzone commedations? The main question I had though is where do I go to do dailies at 50, still just Ilum? I quit before 1.2 so any advice would help, thanks.

Zafir

So I just got back into the game and tried a few pvp matches. It looks like you can now buy the pvp gear with warzone commedations, and the next tier requires ranked warzone commedations? The main question I had though is where do I go to do dailies at 50, still just Ilum? I quit before 1.2 so any advice would help, thanks.
PvP: Yeah, BM requires normal comms and War hero requires ranked. Once you have full Battlemaster you can trade your normal coms in for ranked ones at a ratio of 30:10. You can also get ranked comms from ranked warzones, but ranked is more a thing for fully WH'd people.
Dailies: There is some dailies on Ilum still, some on Belsavis and some on Corellia(Black Hole). The latter two's quest lines can be started from the fleet. The Black Hole one is near one of the hanger bays, can't remember where the Belsavis one starts though.

BillyBats

Banned
So if Blizzard adds a new dungeon, raid, daily hub, battleground, and some gear it's a different game from 7 months ago? Firelands is not a different game from Cataclysm tier 1. The raid finder in Demon Soul isn't much since getting gear is shit.

Do you play? So you KNOW it's a "shitty group finder".....as in it doesn't work right? Why, like the other WoW player above you do you care about this game if you don't play it? You made your obvious point numerous times, what would you like? What do you want? I don't play WoW or Diablo 3 anymore, would I go into those threads just to shit on your parade? NO!!! What is your motive? If you're going to spout your shit, at least give us your reason...if not, we'll all just take you for a moron.

Draxal

Unranked is kinda just going to feel way that against a setup like that. It can be countered, but not so much in a PUG.

Two Pyro, Two sniper target swapping with Marauders shitting on your healer(s) is terrifying to behold.

Yeah, we were just getting stomped in the pugs, but I was more commenting on how the FOTM is pretty huge in this game. All those sorcerers/mercs/assasins/ were parked, and income the pyros/ops. (marauders were untouched so there's still a billion of them).

SDCC News: Epic questline for legendary like weapons are being worked on.

gatti-man

Its an improved game assuming the added content is good so yes. Also quit trolling.

But every little thing does change the game. For what you are saying, the game will never satisfy you so why are you wasting time in here?

For other people any little thing is a bonus or improvement. The big two optimizations pushes in the game for me has given me on average another 20fps of performance, while also greatly improving the look of the game with higher end graphic options. That's a big improvement to me. Theres been lots of tweaks, improvements, and additions to the game that for many people have improved the game greatly since launch.

If people are interested in coming back to see the changes, they must have some interest in the game, otherwise they will just piss and whine about it on a message board to troll.

Alur

I know that feel. It's over before it even starts.

Only thing I'd add is I wish Jedi Covenant had a few pyro powertechs and/or merc healers and less assassins/sorcs. There are very, very, very few bounty hunter classes period on our server (who PVP at any rate, and I can only think of two or three powertechs who are actually any good), while the pub side has em stacked up.

Good news is it seems like everyone is leveling a powertech...bad news for them is I see no way it doesn't get nerfed in 1.4 due to the large amount it is outperforming even the marauders.

Cystm

Sounds like you are burned out on WoW, and probably MMO's in general. Guild Wars 2 is supposed to save the genre though, so hang in there! Or don't.

Yeah, we were just getting stomped in the pugs, but I was more commenting on how the FOTM is pretty huge in this game. All those sorcerers/mercs/assasins/ were parked, and income the pyros/ops. (marauders were untouched so there's still a billion of them).

SDCC News: Epic questline for legendary like weapons are being worked on.

Darth Hater has some serious coverage of TOR @ SDCC!

• A new hoodie from Jinx is on the way including twenty other products
  • The new novel Annihilation mentioned
  • Epic questlines where players can gain legendary-like weapons from them are in the works

Whoa dude, slow down! Too much information to digest!

Pictures of the hoodie at least? Who is writing the book? "Hey, Epic Questlines, they are going to happen... at some point ever."

tumblr_ltsomig4fc1qmf6dp.gif

Edit: Please no on use effects.

Draxal

Well, according to darthhater, the bioware panel is sunday, so the stuff they have now is only teasers.

I know that feel. It's over before it even starts.

Only thing I'd add is I wish Jedi Covenant had a few pyro powertechs and/or merc healers and less assassins/sorcs. There are very, very, very few bounty hunter classes period on our server (who PVP at any rate, and I can only think of two or three powertechs who are actually any good), while the pub side has em stacked up.

Good news is it seems like everyone is leveling a powertech...bad news for them is I see no way it doesn't get nerfed in 1.4 due to the large amount it is outperforming even the marauders.

Yeah, Corellian run seems to have an overflow of gunnery commandos (including me, I really don't think the assault tree works for commandos at all, and is still too easily locked down by interrupts, healer tree is just too ... um tacked on). And all the vanguards, I"ve seen have been tank specced and not assault. We do have a shit ton of sentinels though, and I've been in matches were we just carried by a geared scoundrel healer.

I think I notice the flavor of the month only in sub 50 pvp, so many rerolls pyros/healer ops there. My main problem with Pyros, is that .... they make playing arsenal mercs/gunnery commandos look hard. At least marauders, kinda have to keybind alot of stuff.

HBroward

His sniper is basically Female Shepard. Seriously, take a look sometime. You can't see it in that image with the hood pulled up, but it is a constant reminder of my failure to expunge Mass Effect 3 from my backlog. But kudos to you Yooni for getting a nice look together, I like that way more than your old appearance.

Milly79

His sniper is basically Female Shepard. Seriously, take a look sometime. You can't see it in that image with the hood pulled up, but it is a constant reminder of my failure to expunge Mass Effect 3 from my backlog. But kudos to you Yooni for getting a nice look together, I like that way more than your old appearance.

I think my old look was very distinct. The only thing I reallllly didn't care for was the boots I was wearing, but I do infinitely like this more. I'm half tempted to use a re-breather and get rid of the bell...

So if Blizzard adds a new dungeon, raid, daily hub, battleground, and some gear it's a different game from 7 months ago?
It's improvements to the game that people wanted. People complained about the game not having some of these features and BioWare finally gave it to them. I don't see what the problem is. People like to get excited about new features and changes in other MMO threads, what makes this any different?

Also I hope you aren't going gaga over Mists of Pandaria after reading your post.

It's improvements to the game that people wanted. People complained about the game not having some of these features and BioWare finally gave it to them. I don't see what the problem is. People like to get excited about new features and changes in other MMO threads, what makes this any different?

Also I hope you aren't going gaga over Mists of Pandaria after reading your post.
You can get excited all you want but the way you guys ganged up on him and responded is laughable.

It's the same game as it was 7 months ago just like WOW is the same game as it was in. 2010 with a lot more content added than swtor. The uI and group finder are still subpar.

I'm not playing mop.

We probably hate more things about wow than swtor because of the long investment. But swtor is still a poor mans wow tacked onto what should have just been a single player game.

You can get excited all you want but the way you guys ganged up on him and responded is laughable.

It's the same game as it was 7 months ago just like WOW is the same game as it was in. 2010 with a lot more content added than swtor. The uI and group finder are still subpar.

I'm not playing mop.

We probably hate more things about wow than swtor because of the long investment. But swtor is still a poor mans wow tacked onto what should have just been a single player game.

What are you doing in this thread then? Its the community thread where you talk about playing the game or if you have questions about the game, if you want to bash it go to one of the topics in general.

I'm not playing mop.

People were pointing out what was wrong with what was said and it's ganging up on him now? I don't know what is more laughable. But that is not what your really doing, you are just trolling a community thread.

Cystm

I know right? Poor guy. It was a legit post. Totally.

Okay? Why is it that you think that?

I'm not playing mop.

Why not?

We probably hate more things about wow than swtor because of the long investment.

"We" meaning who exactly? You think you and Yanger are the only ones in this thread that played WoW?

But swtor is still a poor mans wow tacked onto what should have just been a single player game.

Go on...

Zafir

Sigh, ranked really is pointless if you don't have some of the fotm classes.

Having an operative healer is a must, because sorc healers and merc healers don't really cut it. Sorc's die too easily, and merc healers aren't amazing multiple target healers. Tank Assassin is a must for defending because you can buy infinite amount of time just resapping people while you try and cap a node. Pyro Pts and Marauders have insane dps, so why would you take anyone else for DPS?

Can't wait for solo queuing...

Alur

Sigh, ranked really is pointless if you don't have some of the fotm classes.

Having an operative healer is a must, because sorc healers and merc healers don't really cut it. Sorc's die too easily, and merc healers aren't amazing multiple target healers. Tank Assassin is a must for defending because you can buy infinite amount of time just resapping people while you try and cap a node. Pyro Pts and Marauders have insane dps, so why would you take anyone else for DPS?

Can't wait for solo queuing...

I agree on the pointless nature of it, and I agree on the operative healers (hence why they take my BM geared operative over my full WH geared sorc), but disagree on the merc healer. At the end of the day, they still live the longest. I think any smart team has one if for nothing else than being a battering ram.

We run 1 assassin, 2 marauders (one carnage one annihilation), 2 snipers, 2 operative healers, 1 merc healer. It's not the ideal team (no powertech, for one), but I love sniper dps in rated, no one ever even bothers them. They just stand back and pew pew, entrench and can't be leapt to, hold the mid well in huttball, etc.

Gotta hold a node? How's 4 orbitals going off sound? Gotta protect the healer? Stand in the orbital chaos. In games I've played with that team we are now 21-4, with only one legitimate 8v8 loss. The rest we all lost at least 1 person to d/c, and one game we lost 2.

That said, every single team we play is either woefully unprepared to stacked to the gills with trooper classes and vanguards in particular.

Alur

Twas the night before ranked, and all I could wonder...are we gonna look back two months from now and wish they had never put this in the game? God I hope not. I'm just thankful you can't have 8 mans in normal WZs.

EDIT: This from someone who solely PVPs every night.

Not to double post, but in a roundabout way I'm agreeing with you Zafir.

I just wanted to quote this since this is pretty much what my friends and I expected to happen...not enough players, not enough incentive. Needs new gear to strive for, needs smaller group queues (4 mans anyone? To add some spice, and give "normal" players a chance at getting on a juggernaut team), needs more balance, and needs cross server.

Draxal

I think they're going to have to do some class balancing before 1.4 (unless 1.4 is pretty quick). I don't think they can let the pvp balance issues fester this long.

I think they're going to have to do some class balancing before 1.4 (unless 1.4 is pretty quick). I don't think they can let the pvp balance issues fester this long.

Like it's going to fix anything. Players will just pick the next optimal fotm team combo for rated and then demand nerfs and the cycle will go on forever. Rated pvp has shown us this never will end.

Zafir

Not to double post, but in a roundabout way I'm agreeing with you Zafir.

I just wanted to quote this since this is pretty much what my friends and I expected to happen...not enough players, not enough incentive. Needs new gear to strive for, needs smaller group queues (4 mans anyone? To add some spice, and give "normal" players a chance at getting on a juggernaut team), needs more balance, and needs cross server.
Pretty much, yeah. At the moment on my server it's generally the same guilds. Occasionally you see people trying to pug ranked, but they don't last long. Needs to be better matchmaking, but it's impossible due to the small pool of teams.

Top Bottom