• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Cystm

I assume that's for max level right?

Any experience with leveling dungeons? Either way that's not bad.

Way more variable sub fifty. Mostly because the Flashpoints are for different levels.

For example, I have been in queue for ten minutes with access to only three Flashpoints within my level range as a level twenty three DPS. Switching over to my healer also at level twenty three, the queue took about six minutes to pop.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So just reupped my sub and starting to get a feel for the new update. GOD DAMN am I poor, blew all my credits on augmenting half of both my chars gear xD. Is grinding dailies still the most efficient way to make cash in this game, or does crafting/playing warzones give a decent amount?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So just reupped my sub and starting to get a feel for the new update. GOD DAMN am I poor, blew all my credits on augmenting half of both my chars gear xD. Is grinding dailies still the most efficient way to make cash in this game, or does crafting/playing warzones give a decent amount?

You can make money from crafting if you put the time in. Materials can also go for a lot, especially level 50 purple mats.

WZs give me about 5-6k per match, I think. It's a nice bonus but not very time efficient. You're better off doing a few dailies. I usually do Ilum and the Black Hole in between PVP matches. Belsavis has more quests but takes a much longer time to load.

Heysoos

Lowbie pvp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 50 pvp.

The system as it is, is really horrible. Rateds did absolutely nothing to alleviate the HUGE gap between 50s that are gearing up and those that are fully geared. It's horrible. And yes, it might just seem like whining, but I lost pretty much all motivation to gear up after a couple of matches. If I want to play PVP I'm probably just going to stick to my fully geared Sentinel. If a geared 50 even looks at me I'm pretty much dead, I might as well not wear anything to a match. People complain that there's too many 50s wearing PVE armor, but with how bad the gap between recruit and the other sets are, it's no wonder so many just take the money. They need to bring out solo rated queues, or do something because this system just isn't going to keep anyone but the extremely hardcore interested.

On another note, I'm starting to look seriously at GW2. I might give it a shot once it comes out, I just don't trust Bioware right now.

Draxal

The system as it is, is really horrible. Rateds did absolutely nothing to alleviate the HUGE gap between 50s that are gearing up and those that are fully geared. It's horrible. And yes, it might just seem like whining, but I lost pretty much all motivation to gear up after a couple of matches. If I want to play PVP I'm probably just going to stick to my fully geared Sentinel. If a geared 50 even looks at me I'm pretty much dead, I might as well not wear anything to a match. People complain that there's too many 50s wearing PVE armor, but with how bad the gap between recruit and the other sets are, it's no wonder so many just take the money. They need to bring out solo rated queues, or do something because this system just isn't going to keep anyone but the extremely hardcore interested.

On another note, I'm starting to look seriously at GW2. I might give it a shot once it comes out, I just don't trust Bioware right now.

Augments kinda really fucked up pvp, I mean who in their right mind is going to augment recruit gear.

Wallach

Augments kinda really fucked up pvp, I mean who in their right mind is going to augment recruit gear.

I thought the same thing. I figured they would increase all Recruit gear stats as if they were at least slotted with blue level 50 augments for the class primary stat or something.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

It'll cost you 210k to put the augment slots on the recruit gear, not including the implants and relics, that's not horrible really. I wouldn't bother with the relics and ear pieces since those are pretty cheap and you can get them all in a week.

Does it cost anything to remove the augments themselves? I don't think I've tried that. That might be a deterrent.

Cystm

Am i extremely hardcore, would you say? I think I play often, but I'm not like dual boxing or have multiple accounts or anything like that. I try not to let any gear deficiencies bum me out or frustrate me. It's just another challenge to overcome, and I actually enjoy it.

Fuck, I am so EXTREMELY HARDCORE TOR PVP!!!!.

I agree they should add a solo ranked queue though, similar to Dota2 or LoL. Arenas. New Warzone mechanics. I want more Huttball zones, damn it.

Aside from all that, It's sounds like you are getting pretty burned out on the game lately, Soos. It would be really sad to see you go, but maybe a break would do you some good. Yooni
:(
is going to be checking GW2 out too along with a ton of other GAFers. I haven't really looked too much into it myself. The first game was a steaming pile of shit, and I just don't have the time for anything else. Those two factors have kept me from following its development at all, really.

Tarazet

It'll cost you 210k to put the augment slots on the recruit gear, not including the implants and relics, that's not horrible really. I wouldn't bother with the relics and ear pieces since those are pretty cheap and you can get them all in a week.

Does it cost anything to remove the augments themselves? I don't think I've tried that. That might be a deterrent.

Removing the augments costs an assload, and you can't remove the augment slots at all. Also, you're not factoring in the 30K you need for each slot just to put the augment slot IN, on top of the price of the augmentation kit.

StudioTan

Removing the augments costs an assload, and you can't remove the augment slots at all. Also, you're not factoring in the 30K you need for each slot just to put the augment slot IN, on top of the price of the augmentation kit.

No, that was what I was talking about 30k per augment slot x 7 pieces = 210k. The augments themselves are transferable. I did forget that some people need to buy the kit since I just make mine. They're going for about 40k each on our server (I sold 4 of them for about 200k on the first day :p) so it would make the total cost almost 500k, yeah, probably not worth it if you can't make the kits. It might be worth it for BM pieces, since you'll have those for a while, depending on how much disposable income you have.

Milly79

Augments are 15k to remove themselves.

Yeah, I will check out GW2. I'm on the fence with the pvp after watching videos. Looks really chaotic. Thankfully there is no sub fee.

Tbh, I need more content. Pvp is such a PITA when it's generally 70/30 in terms of imp/pub pugs on JC. It's like I have to queue with 3 others to even have a chance.

Augments are 15k to remove themselves.

Yeah, I will check out GW2. I'm on the fence with the pvp after watching videos. Looks really chaotic. Thankfully there is no sub fee.

Tbh, I need more content. Pvp is such a PITA when it's generally 70/30 in terms of imp/pub pugs on JC. It's like I have to queue with 3 others to even have a chance.

Needed new content last month to be honest, im kindof back into pvp now but its not fun losing 70% of matches because the pubs seem to generally have better players.

Alur

We do all the time, but it's basically only Turks and tap-out that have decent players on the Imp side. Pubs have way better players.

Yep. Almost all of the regular PVPers from KV are gone on imp side...and that's easily 12-16 folks who played nightly. I can do premades with my guild but they always want to be on vent and sometimes I can't with my kids, so I've just not been around either.

Pub side has lost several too, though. I feel like we have a lot more dabblers in PVP, however - no different than it was on KV really. Just more people who want to give a college try whether they have a clue or not.

We do all the time, but it's basically only Turks and tap-out that have decent players on the Imp side. Pubs have way better players.

Yup we tried to ops que with Fusion today, we got split into separate games.

Me and Trevin ended up against a load of prime defense in huttball and got smashed, the others got civil war with 8 members of uncensored and also got destroyed.

It does feel like there are a lot of really good players on the pub side while we end up with people who have 600 expertise or less.

eznark

Banned
I'm trying to log in (haven't in months). I deleted my SWTOR activation app. I reinstalled it and am when I launched it, it asked me for a serial number (7 digits). Where do I find that?

StudioTan

I'm trying to log in (haven't in months). I deleted my SWTOR activation app. I reinstalled it and am when I launched it, it asked me for a serial number (7 digits). Where do I find that?

I'm pretty sure you'll need to contact support to get them to unlink your original app from your account and then you have to relink it.

Heysoos

want to quote my favorite line of the night so far:

"fucking campers" - Vanguard with 0 expertise and Tactics tree in response to the other team playing efficient defense on the doors in Voidstar.

I just...

idk anymore

want to quote my favorite line of the night so far:

"fucking campers" - Vanguard with 0 expertise and Tactics tree in response to the other team playing efficient defense on the doors in Voidstar.

I just...

idk anymore
Maybe they were making some good smores while killing Pubs.

Milly79

1.3.5 Patch Notes
08/07/2012
Classes and Combat

Jedi Knight

Sentinel
Combat
Saber Storm: The critical damage bonus this skill applied to Ataru Form was not functioning correctly, and we have opted to remove it, as Combat Sentinels are performing within expectations. This change does not affect the current combat effectiveness of this skill.

Sith Warrior

Marauder
Carnage
Sever: The critical damage bonus this skill applied to Ataru Form was not functioning correctly, and we have opted to remove it, as Carnage Marauders are performing within expectations. This change does not affect the current combat effectiveness of this skill.

Smuggler
General
XS Freighter Flyby: This ability can no longer cause other players who are not flagged for PvP to become flagged.

Imperial Agent
General
Orbital Strike: This ability can no longer cause other players who are not flagged for PvP to become flagged.

Flashpoints and Operations

Flashpoints
Kaon Under Siege
The Floating Light will now glow as intended when the Shader Complexity preference is set below High.

The Esseles
In the German client, the conversation option when choosing Hard Mode for this Flashpoint has been corrected.

Operations
Explosive Conflict
Using the probe launcher in Denova Minefield now reveals probes more consistently.

Group Finder
Group leaders are now notified if they cannot queue the group for a replacement due to group members being offline.

Items
General
Player heads no longer clip through the Battlemaster Vindicator's Headgear or [Prototype] Primeval Vindicator's Chestguard.
Warstalker's Headgear's texture no longer stretches upon character death.

Legacy

The Legacy Levels required for experience modifier perks have been adjusted. The ranks now require Legacy Level 2/3/5/7/10 (changed from 5/10/15/20/25).
The Legacy Levels required for companion modifier perks have been adjusted. The ranks now require Legacy Level 2/5/8 (changed from 5/10/15).
The Capital World and Outlaw's Den priority transit perks now require Legacy Level 2 (previously 10).
The Fleet Vanguard and Black Hole priority transit perks now require Legacy Level 5 (previously 10).
The Legacy Levels required for the repair droid perks have been adjusted. The ranks now require Legacy Level 5/8/12 (changed from 10/15/25).
The field respec perk now require Legacy Level 5 (previously 10).

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Balmorra
Colicoid Massacre: This mission is no longer repeatable immediately after completion.

Taris
Prized Possessions: Players in a group no longer need to wait for the Colony Data Repository or Toolbox to respawn before being able to loot it.

PvP

Warzones
Novare Coast
Players no longer land on top of the buildings that surround the consoles when using abilities that charge an enemy (such as Force Charge).

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

The /ironfist emote now works correctly in the German client (as /eisenfaust).
The performance of the Bloom visual effect option has been improved.
Corrected some minor text errors.

------

Still no world event from what I've seen.
this game is really testing my patience.

Beowulf28

So I've been playing the trial and I want to upgrade to the full game. Since I've already downloaded the game client all I need is the serial number that comes with the game right?

Milly79

So I've been playing the trial and I want to upgrade to the full game. Since I've already downloaded the game client all I need is the serial number that comes with the game right?

Should be correct. A lot of places are selling the CE at $30 now, too.

The game is supposed to be going on sale too soon for $14.95 sometime this month and include a free month

Ironic that they lower the legacy lvl requirements for so much when theres nothing past lvl 25 and many are long past that at this point. And yet they do nothing to reduce the ridiculous costs of many of the legacy perks. People were not asking for lowered legacy lvl requirements, everyone has been bitching for lowering the costs!

HBroward

I was just about to post about the possible upcoming event. Rejoice, for our prayers seem to have been answered. Now just wait to flip the switch until later in the week please.

Also, anyone that wanted a CE, it seems they are on clearance pretty much everywhere for $30.

Milly79

2550103211_459da97fcd_o.gif

StudioTan

False alarm people. I should have read more of his twitter. This one's on me, sorry :(

Looks like he's talking about HK related content.

HBroward

Insert Vader "No" here.

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood "World event?!?!?!" - All will be revealed, in time. Let's just say it's part of some content I think you'll enjoy.
Hall Hood ‏@hallhood "new flashpoint ?" - Not exactly. You'll see very soon, I hope.
Hall Hood ‏@hallhood Do not leave work early. It is NOT a world event.

So... at least we get HK soon? Right? Right?!?!?!?

Edit: Another tweet

Hall Hood ‏@hallhood Trust me, when there is a new in-game event, you will have plenty of advance warning.

Cystm

They just don't fucking get it.

Sppsst. Hey, jackwagon, it turns out teasing some nebulous bullshit when everyone is frustrated about a severe lack of content isn't a good idea.

Anyway. As someone that has characters on three different servers, I fucking love the legacy xp changes.

Milly79

They just don't fucking get it.

Sppsst. Hey, jackwagon, it turns out teasing some nebulous bullshit when everyone is frustrated about a severe lack of content isn't a good idea.

Anyway. As someone that has characters on three different servers, I fucking love the legacy xp changes.

They really don't seem to get it. It's been almost 4? months since we had 1.2/World Event which was technically the last content added.

Top Bottom