• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

So from their answering player questions on the dev tracker, sounds like something is happening Friday.... could just be some reveals? Whens their gamescon stuff happening? Perhaps they will use the con to show off 1.4...

Yea these rewards are pretty crap. Only rifles? A low rank speeder? More sand people social gear?

There better be some more stuff of interest added in the following days continuations, but right now this is nowhere near as cool as the Rakghoul plague. As the GF said, "this sucks, but at least it's something different to do"

Kem0sabe

Yea these rewards are pretty crap. Only rifles? A low rank speeder? More sand people social gear?

There better be some more stuff of interest added in the following days continuations, but right now this is nowhere near as cool as the Rakghoul plague. As the GF said, "this sucks, but at least it's something different to do"

500 million and these petty scraps of content is the only thing the player base can look forward to... things are not looking good for the future of TOR if they keep taking the piss off the player base like this.

What exactly are the rewards? In class right now, can't check it out yet. :(

Bowcaster style orange blaster rifles and sniper rifles. A new different social armor set of Sand People clothing, a pet, new speeder, and red sparkle powder (lol). Not all the quests are in as it's like the Rakghoul event where new quest parts will be added, so there possibly some other rewards to come in following days... hopefully.

If your after a bowcaster looking weapon it's nice I guess, though it is nice that at least most of this stuff can be passed along to your alts or are bind to legacy

The key here is that these are the first modded legacy bound weapons that have been introduced to the game.

Legacy bound weapons allow you to transport bound barrels and color crystals to other characters in your legacy. Which means that Rakata weapon that you picked up in an OPS that is BOP that you gave to your companion can now be given to your alt.

HBroward

Not gonna lie Yooni, I woke up and saw that text at 3am and promptly went back to sleep assuming you were pulling my leg as revenge. Can't wait to get off work to get as much done before Nightmare Pilgrim as possible.

The key here is that these are the first modded legacy bound weapons that have been introduced to the game.

Legacy bound weapons allow you to transport bound barrels and color crystals to other characters in your legacy. Which means that Rakata weapon that you picked up in an OPS that is BOP that you gave to your companion can now be give to your alt.

That's a great point, now we just need lightsabers like that.

edit: Ok, pure (unlikely) speculation on my part (per the norm) but what if the quest to unlock HK went live today also, but just wasn't announced? They had teased him recently saying it was coming very soon also. It would be interesting, while everyone is busy with the event, to put in the secret quest lines and see if anyone notices. Not a high probability, but kinda fits their past MO(ok, ok, one time data point) of having some secret stuff along with the stuff in broad daylight. I just find it very suspicious that they had said "coming soon" and then there was no news about him at gamescom(that I have found) while they have mentioned all the other content. He even had a trailer released prior to Gamescom! Like I said, not very likely, but an enticing possibility. (I expect you to have him by the time I get off work Yooni, get it done!)

So next month is just going to be the new operation it sounds? Is it true they said the new Warzone, FP, etc were coming after?

If so I guess that does mean they are going for more frequent smaller content releases.

Milly79

I don't believe so. It does not remove the 3 "come back later" quests, however it does take away the main quest.

If this is the entire event... ouch.

Alur

Yeah I accidentally completed the entire event a few hours ago when I was on too. You have to complete the low level Cartel space mission that is right outside Nar Shaddaa and it gives you a pet, the title of your choice, and 20 of the event tokens.

Hopefully I can do the quests again tomorrow. For now I am Qruul, Imperial Loyalist.

Milly79

It's definitely a bug, and a sucky one at that. I'm thinking if they add anything beside the "3" quests that we have to return to, we're probably screwed.

Anyone know of a good way to make money while leveling? I've got a level 11 Trooper that I just started working on and I'm wondering if there's any crew skills I should give him that would make some quick cash on the side.

Top Bottom