• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Anyone know of a good way to make money while leveling? I've got a level 11 Trooper that I just started working on and I'm wondering if there's any crew skills I should give him that would make some quick cash on the side.

Slicing is pretty simple free credits as you level from all the safes/computers laying around. As long as you don't do crafting you can make creds just by gathering and slicing as you level.

Slicing is pretty simple free credits as you level from all the safes/computers laying around. As long as you don't do crafting you can make creds just by gathering and slicing as you level.
What would you suggest for gathering? I don't know if augments are still selling like hotcakes on the server I'm on but I'm not sure which gathering skills would feed into that.

Alur

It's definitely a bug, and a sucky one at that. I'm thinking if they add anything beside the "3" quests that we have to return to, we're probably screwed.

I doubt it'll lock us out. You could still do the rakghoul stuff after completing it each day for the gear pieces. I'm not too worried. If they add good rewards and I am screwed out of it though, I'll be pissed.

Milly79

I doubt it'll lock us out. You could still do the rakghoul stuff after completing it each day for the gear pieces. I'm not too worried. If they add good rewards and I am screwed out of it though, I'll be pissed.

You have to think, we completed the MAIN quest while it left us the 3 that we haven't done. We're gonna be locked out if they tacked on some extra stuff somewhere. We're gonna get our 5 tokens from doing the 3 that are to come, and that will be it. Hopefully they make new quests somewhere.

This seems way too short. They give us 6 to begin with and 3 to wait on. I guess they thought most would take it casually? This is the first real content we've had in months.

Alur

Yeah but I still feel like we can pick it up again tomorrow. Like I said, the rakghoul you could pick up every single quest again the next day. If not can always open a ticket and pray I guess, but if it's truly bugged they'll just reset it I think.

Beowulf28

Level 20 Sith Marauder here:

So I've been playing for about a week and today I decided to try warzones and I'm confused as hell. So there are NO level brackets? I was freaking out when I saw lvl 50s playing with me, but I noticed I had more health and did more damage but I was still getting trashed. What is the reasoning for doing PvP this way?

You have to think, we completed the MAIN quest while it left us the 3 that we haven't done. We're gonna be locked out if they tacked on some extra stuff somewhere. We're gonna get our 5 tokens from doing the 3 that are to come, and that will be it. Hopefully they make new quests somewhere.

This seems way too short. They give us 6 to begin with and 3 to wait on. I guess they thought most would take it casually? This is the first real content we've had in months.

Well Rackghoul event all together was not all that big either. This event is fairly long if you don't use the guides and try to do it on your own, using spoiler guides basically takes the point out of doing a scavenger hunt. But obviously large amount of folks are just gonna look up the answers and such online.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Level 20 Sith Marauder here:

So I've been playing for about a week and today I decided to try warzones and I'm confused as hell. So there are NO level brackets? I was freaking out when I saw lvl 50s playing with me, but I noticed I had more health and did more damage but I was still getting trashed. What is the reasoning for doing PvP this way?

As UltraMav said there are 2 brackets, 1-49 and 50.

Your stats will get bumped but the higher level players will have way more skills than you so they'll still have an advantage.

UltraMav

I'm hoping that BW is on its way out of "reactive
mode" now and can get on track with steady updates. The fact that they are making a new ad and are going to continue pushing the game is encouraging.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm hoping that BW is on its way out of "reactive
mode" now and can get on track with steady updates. The fact that they are making a new ad and are going to continue pushing the game is encouraging.

I think most of the updates so far basically filled in all the stuff they felt was missing at launch, like the group finder. I hope that from here on out the updates will be a little more elastic and interesting, adding cool new things to the game and not just filling in holes.

Draxal

Well Rackghoul event all together was not all that big either. This event is fairly long if you don't use the guides and try to do it on your own, using spoiler guides basically takes the point out of doing a scavenger hunt. But obviously large amount of folks are just gonna look up the answers and such online.

Ya, rakghoul event was just as short. The rewards are kinda funny though, the highlight with the weapons being bol (finally a way for imps/reps to get the those blue/red - /black crystals.

Milly79

Rakghoul seemed longer, maybe because it was a daily thing. Not that this won't be a daily thing, but there's only 3 more items to get unless they add more somehow.

Alur

So Ewok just got even better. LOL.

Hi Kruul!

I didn't join Ewok with the rest of The Turks. I left Common in The Turks and Qruul is in Evil Bastards for the time being. Now that I won't be doing rated PVP anymore gonna have to find a guild doing story mode EC or remain quit, as my sub dies any time now.

Unfortunately, neither Ewok or Evil Bastards are doing that at the moment so I dunno what guild to join.

Milly79

I didn't join Ewok with the rest of The Turks. I left Common in The Turks and Qruul is in Evil Bastards for the time being. Now that I won't be doing rated PVP anymore gonna have to find a guild doing story mode EC or remain quit, as my sub dies any time now.

Unfortunately, neither Ewok or Evil Bastards are doing that at the moment so I dunno what guild to join.

Well, Ewok is doing HM ECs regularly. Also getting into ranked now. It would be a good fit! And you could maybe convince Trevin to join.

Alur

I can't do HM EC til I've done SM EC silly! I only have rakata still.

As for Ewok I told Trevin, I'm leery of the merger thing as a whole generally speaking, and to add to the degree of difficulty two others just merged...

...AND THEN they took in the most despised guild (mine) and in particular the guild leader and officers whom everyone from the first two guilds detests...lol, if this works out it'll be amazing.

I love some of the folks in the guild, and can't stand others. If it hasn't cannibalized itself after a bit and I can still get in I might try it, but I just don't see all those egos and former guild leaders coexisting without some shitstorm brewing up quick and thinning the ranks a bit.

Hell Ewok itself was gonna fold and looking to merge into a bigger guild only 1 month ago.

On an event related note, seems we really ARE screwed on the event. Glad I can buy the tokens if something good pops up later.

Milly79

Well, Devil is on a short leash (or so I heard). I went away for an hr or so, came back and he was sitting in our TS. I was really shocked to hear that all of The Turks came over. So far, I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, but it's only been a few hours.

Yes, you could *technically* do HM EC in full Rakata. A few BH pieces wouldn't hurt. I would take you over some semi-full geared people, tbh. We had a dude in our group yesterday in a lot of BH and Barbie still managed to pull 1.2m healing on the Kephess fight alone. And this dude was an OP. I was really, really shocked at how bad he was. We wiped a few times and had to tell him what to do during certain phases multiple times. He just would not pick it up. So many were lost going up the Walker while Barbie focused on the tank and God only knows what he was doing.

And, how are we screwed? I still think we can pick up the main quest from the news terminal.

Yes, you could *technically* do HM EC in full Rakata. A few BH pieces wouldn't hurt. I would take you over some semi-full geared people, tbh. We had a dude in our group yesterday in a lot of BH and Barbie still managed to pull 1.2m healing on the Kephess fight alone. And this dude was an OP. I was really, really shocked at how bad he was. We wiped a few times and had to tell him what to do during certain phases multiple times. He just would not pick it up. So many were lost going up the Walker while Barbie focused on the tank and God only knows what he was doing.

Meh I would have healed it if asked, healed EC story on my OP and only wipe we had was on minefield because someone failed on defusing their mine fast enough.

So yea one new quest today added to the event, so at least 2 more should be coming, though who knows if anything else is going to be happening with the way they are trying to build up the story behind it. Perhaps after the race some kind of unique event will kick off to end it.

Also what is with the droid race track on nar shadda?

Cystm

So yea one new quest today added to the event, so at least 2 more should be coming, though who knows if anything else is going to be happening with the way they are trying to build up the story behind it. Perhaps after the race some kind of unique event will kick off to end it.

Also what is with the droid race track on nar shadda?

Pic?

Don't got one, but it's on the lower promenade next to the R2 like droid which said come back later yesterday, and has a little hutt holo next to it. Theres a bunch of droids nearby with a colored race track. Console near it starts the droids in a race around the track.

Cystm

Don't got one, but it's on the lower promenade next to the R2 like droid which said come back later yesterday, and has a little hutt holo next to it. Theres a bunch of droids nearby with a colored race track. Console near it starts the droids in a race around the track.

Darn, i'll check it when I get off work then.

HBroward

You can definitely heal HM EC in rakata, I did it up to Kephess a couple times before getting more gear. You really just need a decently geared and competent team, so you don't have a ton of unnecessary damage flying around. Even fully geared healers can't save a raid of morons in there.

And apparently new pvp weapons next month along with the new Operation, with the new pvp armor set coming around time with the new warzone later.

Draxal

And apparently new pvp weapons next month along with the new Operation, with the new pvp armor set coming around time with the new warzone later.

Bioware has a done very good job of communicating these last couple of days (the lack of communication was my biggest annoyance before hand).

Some other good news is that the containment gear is now BOL/as will the sand people gear from this event in a future patch.

Kinda worried about new pvp gear as well ... gearing the best geared players even more is going to kill all incentive for non geared players to pvp.

Alur

Gotta have new PVP gear. It's part of the reason why rated wz's failed...no incentive for non-optimal groups to run them, and no real incentive for the top tier folks to beat each other up every night.

The PVP gear we have is easy to get with a little time, same as PVE gear. It's not gear disparity that is causing most folks to get rolled - it's class balance in most cases and skill in some select others. I'm not saying it doesn't contribute, I'm just saying the folks who have full war hero were probably going to be more serious about it regardless.

EDIT: They also said they were gonna add an upgraded recruit gear, so I wouldn't worry about the disparity that much. Plus I'm sure WH gear will drop hugely in price just like BM did.

Also heard that the sand people armor in this event will be made bound to legacy soon, as will the containment officer set from the first event.

StudioTan

Bioware has a done very good job of communicating these last couple of days (the lack of communication was my biggest annoyance before hand).

Some other good news is that the containment gear is now BOL/as will the sand people gear from this event in a future patch.

Kinda worried about new pvp gear as well ... gearing the best geared players even more is going to kill all incentive for non geared players to pvp.

Love BOL stuff. I'd prefer to play my main to get gear for alts.

As for the new PVP gear, it doesn't necessarily mean a new tier, couldn't it just mean new looks with some stat variations?

Draxal

Love BOL stuff. I'd prefer to play my main to get gear for alts.

As for the new PVP gear, it doesn't necessarily mean a new tier, couldn't it just mean new looks with some stat variations?

It's going to have better stats as it's going to correspond with a new tier of PVE gear.

As for gear disparity, making war hero easier to get would help. But I still think it is an issue, even for people playing the favored classes right now, a person is not going to ignore a recruit geared assault vanguard, if they make recruit gear much better then now it would be less of an issue.

Alur

Those are the lumps though...I mean it kinda is what it is. It's still light years better than when we all first hit 50 in our quest blues and were mixed with 50's, and even still when it was separated to begin with.

They have to give the regular PVP folks something to chase or they will quit as I have definitely seen in my guild over the past month. Having just recently geared/still gearing another 50 (operative healer), I didn't feel like it was that bad at all. Sure if I got focused I was toast...but hell, I am in war hero too.

I understand what you are saying, but to be honest I ran rateds in battlemaster (now up to 9 pieces of War Hero gear, all acquired through rateds). We finished up 63-20 with 10 or more of those losses were d/c's or stuck bugs and me in subpar gear. I was the obvious gopher for the enemy to pick on but it honestly was not that bad. And we never ran with a guard at all.

I rarely hear folks complaining about starting PVPing anymore...mostly I hear folks who are geared complaining about them having recruit gear (or worse) and dragging down the team.

Draxal

Those are the lumps though...I mean it kinda is what it is. It's still light years better than when we all first hit 50 in our quest blues and were mixed with 50's, and even still when it was separated to begin with.

They have to give the regular PVP folks something to chase or they will quit as I have definitely seen in my guild over the past month. Having just recently geared/still gearing another 50 (operative healer), I didn't feel like it was that bad at all. Sure if I got focused I was toast...but hell, I am in war hero too.

I understand what you are saying, but to be honest I ran rateds in battlemaster (now up to 9 pieces of War Hero gear, all acquired through rateds). We finished up 63-20 with 10 or more of those losses were d/c's or stuck bugs and me in subpar gear. I was the obvious gopher for the enemy to pick on but it honestly was not that bad. And we never ran with a guard at all.

I rarely hear folks complaining about starting PVPing anymore...mostly I hear folks who are geared complaining about them having recruit gear (or worse) and dragging down the team.

I think the disparity between recruit and battlemaster is way larger than bh and wh, and I think you're more skilled then 99% of the fresh pvpers + know skilled pvpers that you could pug with, so you're experience is difference then a person new to 50 pvp. Yes, they're definetely needs to be a carrot for pvpers to chase, but if the barrier of entrance to new players (and let's face it the biggest barrier is skill), the amount of new people pvping at 50 is going to be few, as on corellian run, I hear people complaining about the stark difference hitting 50 from 1-49 pvp all the time.

I really don't disagree with you at all, it's just I think they have to tighten that gap between recruit and battlemaster, like it was tightened before with blues vs centurion. Hell, letting people buy battlemaster gear before 50 would be a huge improvement.

UltraMav

Joveth explains the issue with the last 3 quests, if anyone had the problem with one of the "lead" quests disappearing.

Thanks for posting this, I was certainly concerned this morning when it auto completed "Another Lead" for me when I clicked on the box in Coruscant. Also good to see they plan to make the event armors BOL soon (tm). Makes this worth grabbing now.

Hopefully a level 50 version of the speeder is a reward before this is over. I really want one but 90% just isn't gonna cut it.

The 90% thing is part of the joke it seems, as it's basically a broken down junker version of the ones we use as taxi service speeders and it scrapes the floor as you drive.

Did they actually say the event gear was going to be made BOL soon? Just sounded like it was gonna happen in the future but no indication of how soon

For the vendor, probably not. Any potential quest turn in rewards or if anything happens after we get all the items on the final day is still left to be seen.

UltraMav

The 90% thing is part of the joke it seems, as it's basically a broken down junker version of the ones we use as taxi service speeders and it scrapes the floor as you drive.

Yeah I understand what they were going for, but unfortunately the joke isn't worth going 20% slower to me.

Did they actually say the event gear was going to be made BOL soon? Just sounded like it was gonna happen in the future but no indication of how soon

I believe you are correct in that it is a general "in the future" idea and not actually a "soon" thing. I just couldn't resist comparing the comment to other promises that BW has made regarding future improvements. Although the "adaptive gear" thing did happen fairly quickly from when it was announced if I remember correctly.

Edit: Has anyone here gotten the pet from the event boxes yet? I'm farming them at the moment an was wondering how hopeful I should be.

So we get a pet as part of the event once we get all the items? Hopefully next two quests are better as yesterdays was a joke in how short it was.

Really hope there is something unique that happens after the last two items

UltraMav

Hmm didn't get any enrichment tokens for the new quest this morning. Says I still got the item though. Wish they would test this stuff harder. :(

UltraMav

Did it right after and got the tokens on an alt. I wonder if it has something to do with the glitch from yesterday, as It only affected my main. Or I'm crazy and imagining things.

Top Bottom